The end of Tiger’s golf career

15 hours ago, caniac6 said:

i thought he looked old and tired the last couple of days. 

I agree..when they first showed his face teeing off in the first round I actually thought they overlaid one of the computer generated aging photos over his real face.  It actually shocked me.  What didn’t shock me was the fact he couldn’t hit the fairway with pretty much any club. How with all the modern technology like force plates, 3d, etc, one of the best iron players in history can’t figure out hit a club 4 inches longer than is 3 iron?!??‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can only think that he'd prefer that the tie breaker double digit gettin Championship be on the Big Boy Tour??‍♂️   One thing that I would hope is that even his harshest critics have learne

I'm 40 and play intramural soccer, water polo and basketball.  Why?  Because competition is way more fun than practice, and if we stop competing, it's like dying inside.   They're still able

The current issue of the USGA magazine, Golf Journal, has an article about the USGA championships Tiger has won. Currently he is tied for the top spot with Bobby Jones, each with 9. In the article he

14 hours ago, jkumpire said:

With all due respect, it seems that some are fighting over the estate before the patient is dead. Tiger will have chances to win majors in the coming years, and Phil might have one or two more chances too, though at this point the window is pretty much closed on him unless he changes his game and trades distance for accuracy.

Phil was only 3 shots behind Tiger this week and a lot of younger and really good guys struggled out there.

I once said stick a fork in him he's done. How'd that work out Q? That said he did look pretty toasted out there. 50 is a long ways away golfing wise. Just depends on if the bod can make it 6 more years. Not looking good. 

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Never been a TW fanboy but I got. funny feeling he is gonna be on the first page of the leaderboard at ANGC, that place is his Nirvana, I sure won't bet against him there. The course sets up well for him , he knows his yardages and all he needs is a cooperative putter...

We golf fans just have to adjust to the new norm (just threw up in my mouth using that phrase)...TW used to be a threat EVERY time he was entered, now it has become will he be a threat..

If the betting matchup is TW vs JS at ANGC in Nov, who are you taking ?

Tiger may well win more majors, or last year may be his last hurrah. Mentally he is still the best player in the world, physically he is one of the worst players on tour. He simply can’t practice, prepare, and trudge through 4 rounds of major championship golf any longer. 

could he have a good week and pull it off?  Sure. But getting in enough “reps” to be ready for a week when his body cooperates will be difficult and lucky. 

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

4 hours ago, airjammer said:

I agree..when they first showed his face teeing off in the first round I actually thought they overlaid one of the computer generated aging photos over his real face.  It actually shocked me.  What didn’t shock me was the fact he couldn’t hit the fairway with pretty much any club. How with all the modern technology like force plates, 3d, etc, one of the best iron players in history can’t figure out hit a club 4 inches longer than is 3 iron?!??‍♂️ 

When his round yesterday started to go south was around the same time I noticed him moving a bit gingerly. I didn't hear the announcers mention it but it was visible to me. The back is a constant problem these days.

I said about 5-6 years ago that he'd never catch Jack but I could imagine him winning a late-career Masters if he could get his back in good enough shape to play golf semi regularly. 

He got that Masters. I still say he'll never win another major other than the Masters. If he does win another US Open or Open Championship it will probably go into the history books as the single most long-shot accomplishment in golf, ever. 

Winning another Masters in the next several years would not be quite as miraculous but still an extreme long-shot IMO. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gvogel said:

His career in majors might be over.  And there is no one I would rather watch than "the kid."

Curious why you think that?

Yadi for President

17 hours ago, Greg_B said:

When his round yesterday started to go south was around the same time I noticed him moving a bit gingerly. I didn't hear the announcers mention it but it was visible to me. The back is a constant problem these days.

I noticed that on a couple holes myself.