Walkers with Carry Bags, do you carry all 14 clubs?

1 hour ago, 8602081 said:

I've been using pull cart with full cart bag..  

but

I've been thinking seriously about carrying 9 clubs..

SW, PW, 8, 6, 4, 3- hybrid, 3- fairway wood, Driver, putter..

I have a Sunday bag.. which I can use

Glad, I'm not the only one..

Since I want a 5, 7, 9 and GW, we should buy a set and split it!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MacKenzie, PJ model, I walk 9 2x a week and 18 once.  When it’s over 100*, I carry: 3wd, 3h,5,7,9,pw,54, putter.  Under 99* : Driver, 3wd, 3h,4h, 6,7,8,9,pw,54 putter.    So I’m somewhere b

I carry 14 clubs, but found the solution to the weight is to lose more balls on the front 9.

Posted Images

100+ rounds this year 14 clubs, towel, 3-5 balls, sand and seed bottle, laser, extra glove and water. SunMountain 2.5 when dry or H2NO lite when raining. 

I tend to carry the sand and seed bottle in my hand as I fill divots as I walk, I dod notice the extra weight on my when I clip it to my bag. 

age - 48

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 1

I only carry. I use a Titleist 4 way bag so not the smallest nor the biggest and carry all 14 clubs, towel, waterproof jacket and all other things such as balls, tees etc.

I don't see why you would carry if you are going to limit yourself with less clubs.

I carry my 20 year old ping hoofer with all 14 clubs... my dad moved into graphite shafts to get his bag weight down... my mom carries less clubs if she’s carrying but usually gets a push cart.

im 38, they are 68.

As of 6/5/20

9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

50, 54, 60 Vokeys

Tank Counter Balance #7 

Old '12 Ping 4 series with 13 clubs (I don't use 14 anymore), sand bottle, water bottle, balls&tees, 2 towels, 2 gloves, sunscreen, hipflask, sometimes a jersey 

If its raining I'll take the push cart to hold my umbrella.

Callaway BBA 816 ♦♦ 9.5°
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 tour 14.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Scotty Cameron Newport

14 clubs, 2 alignment sticks, towels, water, balls, tees, gloves, jacket, umbrella all in a Titleist Pencil bag.

It's all about good strap adjustment, as long as the weight goes mostly straight down it's no heavier than a 2 year old in a harness.

910D3 8.5* 
910F 17* 
AP2 (714) 3-PW 
Cleveland 588 Forged 50*/54*/60* 
SC Newport2 Pro Platinum

Carry 95% of the time.  14 clubs in a Ping 4-series bag.  Clubs and water make up the large majority of the weight, not many other doo-dads in the bag.  Underrated comment above about having good shoes.  If your feet don't jive with them, you're going to have a bad time.

I walk 90% of the time. Most of my rounds are just 9 holes though because I can usually only get out in the evening. I do like to walk 18 though too.

I have a ping hoofer lite that is, as described, quite light weight. I only have 13 clubs and do at times take them all but I will usually pull the 5 iron out to get to 12 as I almost never need it. Recently I take my 58 out and only play with my 54 as my most lofted wedge, and sometimes I leave the driver home and use my 5 wood as my longest club. So I'll carry anywhere from 10-13 clubs. Riding I take all 13 because, why not. I will usually bring a 24 oz. water bottle, 1 or 2 towels, a few tees and 6 balls. Occasionally I'll bring two canned brews as well. It's a very manageable way to walk for me.

Titleist TS3 9.5*

Callaway Epic Flash 5W @ 17*

Callaway Rogue 4H 21*

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-7i

Callaway Mavrik Pro 8-AW

Callaway MD4 54w and 58x

Odyssey O-Works Red Jailbird Mini S

I only walk a few times a year, as none of my playing partners will walk,
but at 56 years old, I carry a full bag + 2 bottles of water.

Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 10.5° - Aldila RIP Phenom 70S
Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 15° 3W - Aldila RIP Phenom 80S
Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 2H 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S

Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 3H 21° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 X
Nike VR Pro Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White S300 Onyx

Yururi Tour 56 & 60, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Grips - Number One 50 Pro Series

Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport
Srixon Q Star Tour

I walk quite a bit and I carry only 13 clubs... but I also only carry 13 when I ride too. Haven't found a 14th that I need. I carry a sun mountain 2.5+ with the ez straps. That upgrade is a must for this bag. 

I am looking at a seamus bag that I've had in my cart for a while but it looks like they're sold out now... Probably for the best. 

Edited by Juice1121
  • Like 1

I carry every approximate 2 of 3 rounds.  

The biggest difference is the bag. Good straps and a lighter weight bag make all the difference.  Imho the difference between a 5 and 3 lbs bag is noticable.   

I always carry 14 as I don't think going to 12-13 would make a big enough difference in weight.  4-6 golf balls, tees, towel, a few gloves and travel sized bug spray and sun screen.  

• Like 1

For many years... all 14 clubs (I really should chuck my hybrid since I never hit it), one wet towel, bottle of water (only if it's really hot), 6-8 golf balls, wallet, and car keys. Since I'm lazy, and since we rarely get rain, I don't carry an umbrella or rain gear. I've never had problems.

Now that I have a push cart purchased earlier this year, I carry an umbrella for shade and sometimes an extra towel for sweat.

Edited by pseudoswede

[right]"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."[/right]
[right]--Unknown[/right]

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

11 hours ago, 2bGood said:

100+ rounds this year 14 clubs, towel, 3-5 balls, sand and seed bottle, laser, extra glove and water. SunMountain 2.5 when dry or H2NO lite when raining. 

I tend to carry the sand and seed bottle in my hand as I fill divots as I walk, I dod notice the extra weight on my when I clip it to my bag. 

age - 48

Do you track strokes gained via karma? 

But seriously, I have thought about doing this before, do you have your own mix or do you take some from the course you're playing?

Always carry. Use the new Titleist carbon bag which is very light. It can fit 14 clubs but it’s a bit tight getting clubs in and out and I find it more comfortable with 12. If I am taking 12 clubs then it’s driver, 5 wood, 4h, 5-pw, sw, lw and putter.

I carry in my TM stand bag all 14 clubs. I walk 99% of rounds unless i am on vacation.

• Like 1

TM M5 Tour 430 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM Milled Grind Satin 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

21 minutes ago, 54CW said:

Do you track strokes gained via karma? 

But seriously, I have thought about doing this before, do you have your own mix or do you take some from the course you're playing?

Too funny!

I must be the biggest golf dork around. I have my own sand and seed bottle - it is an older design that works very well and I like better than what the course has as it fills from the top making it easier to fill. The club I play at has sand and seed available for golfers to fill up throughout the round. Most of the guys that take a push cart are good about carrying sand, but it is rare the guys carrying take extra sand to fill divots. I like it as it gives me a little something to do when I walking up the fairway. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 2

Driver, Hybrid, 5, 7, PW, LW, Putter (7 total)...Carry OR ride

Gaps between clubs shrink as we get older & our swings slow down so fewer clubs are necessary (EX:  7 & 8 go about the same distance).

I semi-jokingly say that I have 3 clubs that hit the ball 130 yards. 

Always walk. I have two bag, both are Jones bags. The classic stand bag and the players series. Carry 14 clubs in each.

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS2 16.5*
Titleist TS3 19*
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 22*
Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
Kingston KP1

I carry 14 clubs, 2 sleeves, 2 towels, a handful of tees, and a 20 oz Mastercraft bottle in a SM 3.5. As mentioned it is MUCH better (to me) than pushing/pulling a cart. 

JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ6 65 M5
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 51, 55, 59 Fujikura MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

18 hours ago, joostin said:

I carry without woods only on mostly par 3 courses.  Full length courses I used to carry, but after getting a push cart maybe 15 years ago found it's so much easier on the back, neck, and legs.  Definitely pull uphill, push otherwise.  Pushing uphill can feel like more effort than carrying.

Ok. I dont know why I have never thought of this before. Does pulling uphill help? I always push up a giant hill at my local course, and youre right, it feels easier for me to just carry my clubs up that hill.

Srixon z785 9.5* - EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* - UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
Adams dHy 24* - Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48* bent -1*mid, 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
WITB Link

3 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Too funny!

I must be the biggest golf dork around. I have my own sand and seed bottle - it is an older design that works very well and I like better than what the course has as it fills from the top making it easier to fill. The club I play at has sand and seed available for golfers to fill up throughout the round. Most of the guys that take a push cart are good about carrying sand, but it is rare the guys carrying take extra sand to fill divots. I like it as it gives me a little something to do when I walking up the fairway. 

I have a seed/sand bottle on my pushcart. I really wish more courses would have mix available near the first tee. I often have to "steal" the mix from electric carts paked in the staging area. 'Don't complain about unfilled divots when most courses don't support those of us who want to help.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

2 hours ago, blink3665 said:

Ok. I dont know why I have never thought of this before. Does pulling uphill help? I always push up a giant hill at my local course, and youre right, it feels easier for me to just carry my clubs up that hill.

Yep, so much easier IMO to pull it behind you, lean and just use your legs.  No need to support a weight pushing with upper body.  Swing it around next time you're approaching that hill!

• Thanks 1

D Adams XTD, 70M4X 3W TEE CBX, HZBk75S 5W Titleist 915F, D+80X

3I Srixon Z 545 4I Mizuno MP-H4 6I-PW Mizuno MP-54, C Taper Lite X

GW Nike VPC, DGP S300 54 60 Cleveland CBX, DG S300 Cure CX3

I'm a halfway minimalist haha I started with 7 but have worked up to 10 clubs and that with a lightweight bag and one shoulder strap(more comfortable w/a lightweight setup) and a couple of pounds of water is no problem on my hilly home course.

I added additional clubs where I felt like I had a problem with consistency, which were the short irons in my case. I've always hit the long irons well and the driver not too bad if I do a controlled swing. The longest iron I have is a strong 5(190) which should be about 17 yards longer than my 6. I have a 4h(205) and a 4 wood(230) and driver of course.

I also went SL from mid irons down(6-LW) because of lower back inflexibility. I should have done this earlier because I always hit my long irons much better than my hc but could never hit my short irons well.

9.5w 18w 24i 30i 39i 47i 51i 60i P

I don't walk ALL the time - but when I do (see avatar photo taken at Rustic Canyon), yeah ... all 14. Remove everything from my Vessel Players 2.0 bag except the essentials, though. 

Titleist TS4 9.5°

Titleist TS2 15°, 18°

Titleist TS2H 21°

Taylormade P7MC 4-PW

Miura TG Raw 52°, 58°

Scotty Cameron Custom Phantom X8

I carry all 14 in a Titleist Cary Bag. Super light. Only haul 2 sleeves, 5 or so tees, divot tool, towel and a water bottle.

TM SIM Max 10.5° @ 12.5° - VA Drago

Cobra SZ 3wood° @ 16° - VA Slay

Callaway Rogue 5 wood @ 18° - VA Slay

Wilson Staff Model Blades 4 - PW - KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM8 50.12F, 54.10S, 58.08M - KBS Tour Stiff

Wilson 8802