Golf Galaxy demo clubs

Does Golf Galaxy allow demo clubs to be used at a course or a range outside of the store? If yes, how is that handled? Do you buy the club and get a refund when it is returned? After having a bad experience buying a wedge, I am trying to figure out how to test out a club whether it is a demo or maybe a used club. Tanner

Don't they still offer their 60day or 90day playability guarantee?  

In which case you could buy a club and for whatever reason you are unsatisfied, you could return/exchange it for full value towards another club of choice.  

I remember at some point they "rented" out clubs for I believe $20 for a day or two to demo.  I highly doubt they still offer this due to the pandemic, majority of Socal locations are permanently closed and the ones still operating don't even allow you to demo any clubs in store unless you book an appt for a proper fitting. 

Many of the "try and return" options are determined by the manufacturers. For Callaway...

• Callaway Pre-Owned has a 90-day buyback policy. It delivers a CPO in-store credit depending on how long you kept the clubs. Thirty days or less is 90%, and so on.
  • New Callaway equipment purchases have full refund for unused equipment, and a store credit with no expiration date for items you use.

Tour Edge has a money-back guarantee for 30 days if you don't like the new product.

IF a golf course sells a model and carries it as a rental set, sometimes you can arrange with the pro to take the clubs out on course for a "test drive." 

• Like 1

What's In The Bag (Summary)

Driver:  Calla XR16 Pro set 11.5°  ||  Fairways:  Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W or Calla Alpha 815s set 16° and 21°

Hybrid:  Cobra FlyZ 4H  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3 / 48° and 54°... MD4 / 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)

For details see: WITB_Long.docx

GG doesn't offer the playability guarantee.  they still allow the demo rental. plus u can by preowned club and return it within 7 days for store credit.

TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 8.0 / VENTUS BLACK 7X
MIZUNO ST200 3T / EVENFLOW WHITE 75 6.5
CALLAWAY X-FORGED '18 3-PW / MODUS 130X
CALLAWAY MD5 JAWS 48/52/58 KBS TOUR V 125
SIK DW AND JO

1 hour ago, Tanner25 said:

Does Golf Galaxy allow demo clubs to be used at a course or a range outside of the store? If yes, how is that handled? Do you buy the club and get a refund when it is returned? After having a bad experience buying a wedge, I am trying to figure out how to test out a club whether it is a demo or maybe a used club. Tanner

Tanner I feel your pain.  I just had a iron fitting and Second Swing was not allowing in-store demos due to Covid.  So I tried 7 different iron heads and a few shafts in one hour during a fitting.  Got it down to two and the fitter wants me to go back and try one more before I decide.

But I did have limited success trying some clubs out at my course.  XXIO has a demo program they will ship you a club or an iron set for a small fee.  I did this and tried it out on the course.  Good equipment, just not for me so returned.  If you buy it the fee goes towards the purchase.  Tour edge has a program to buy and demo a 7 iron for $65 or so and if you do not like it then return it and get your money back.  I tried that club, but the launch was too low for me.  And then there is Global Golf and the Utry program.  I have no experience here but you can demo for a small fee some of the more popular brands and clubs.

Another route to go, which I have never tried, is to search for demo sets on a major brand website near you.  For example Titliest has a "Find Trial Sets" on their website and I just found out my club has demo clubs.  I was not in the market for Titliest.  You really have to do your research and good luck.

• Like 1

You can borrow a club for $20... demo clubs only, I believe 

As of 6/5/20

9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

50, 54, 60 Vokeys

Tank Counter Balance #7 

13 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

I believe it’s Drivers only.

You have to be a scorecard member, and you must use a credit card for the rental. I think it’s for 3 days. If you don’t return it on time, you get charged for the full price of the club. I don’t know if any of the stores are renting out clubs because of Covid. I know the local golf galaxy in Grapevine hasn’t been renting them out, but that could have changed recently. 

Buying and returning pre-owned for store credit is really the only playability guarantee they have. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM set 1 click lower with Diamana D+ x5ct 70s or Diamana S Limited 60s 
Hybrids: 17* XTD Super Hybrid Diamana D+ 80s, 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Aldila Rogue Black 85s, 23* Adams Super 9031 Fujikura Pro 115s (swap with 4 iron on occasion, but the hybrid is usually in the bag)
Irons: 4 (Modus 120x 2 iron ssX2)), 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro Modus 125s
Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Vokey SM6 F Grind, RTX 4 52* bent to 53* Mid, and New Level Golf 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I was in there last week wanting to hit a SIM, and they didn't have one because they said it had been rented out.  Don't know any further details on it, but can confirm they do....at least my local GG.

Mavrik SZ 10.5*(-1/D)  Tensei AV RAW Orange 75X(Have a rogue 130 70TX en route for testing)

Epic flash SZ 5 wood 18*(-1/N)  Graphite Design pershing 85TX

Srixon U65  4 iron 23* AMT X100

Mizuno MP18 Hifli 5&6 TI X100

Srixon 785's 7-pw TI X100

Cleveland CBX2 48* TI X100

Wilson staff model forged 52, 56, & 60(hi toe) w/ S400's.

Ping Kushin 34"

TP5

Remembered that one local course has a decent retail set up. Sure enough, they allow you to take out demo clubs on the range and practice area. They just asked to hold my credit card. After trying the CBX2, which was great, I am expecting even more from the new MD CB's wedges. After one more demo, these will be in the bag. 

Edited by Tanner25