What course you you most like to see host a US Open?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Torrey should be hosting charity and company outings, not the US Open. 

My home course. I want to see the pros deal with this:   (Edit: the pictures are all from the same round. The green that looks in good shape is. The point is the mix of aerated, dead, and a

Chambers bay. They got screwed the first time around. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, badboggs said:

Why don't they every have a tournament at Pine Valley?  I've heard so much about it.

The course likely doesn't have the infrastructure or room for thousands of fans, tents, etc. involved with a televised Tour event, and it is possible the membership doesn't want to have to deal with the hassle. 

On 9/16/2020 at 7:13 AM, James the Hogan Fan said:

My home course. I want to see the pros deal with this:

(Edit: the pictures are all from the same round. The green that looks in good shape is. The point is the mix of aerated, dead, and a couple greens rolling at 11.)

IMG_20200915_164308334.jpg

IMG_20200915_185835758.jpg

IMG_20200915_191233035.jpg

IMG_20200915_165641389_HDR.jpg

Where is that? That second photo looks just like a hole at a course my 3yr old and I go play fairly often in Columbia, IL.  Green even slopes the same way

19 hours ago, badboggs said:

Why don't they every have a tournament at Pine Valley?  I've heard so much about it.

There is a Shell's WWOG out there.  It looks tight.  Meaning the holes are carved out of the sand and pines are the trees are hard up against the sides.  Didn't look spectator friendly.

I doubt anyone would admit to this but I think they would like to preserve the mystique of the place.  It is regarded as one of the hardest courses in the world.  You get some pros out there for tournament and they come back after four days at -22 I doubt that would sit well with some people.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, Big A HG said:

I'd love to see Whistling Straits host.  When the PGA Championship first went there in 2004, all the players that played preview rounds said that the course would be unfair, even for tour players.  Players were nervous it'd be harder than a US Open when combining the narrow fairways, wind along the lake, and long fescue close to landing areas.  Then the PGA made last minute changes to make the course easier and went too far, making the course too easy until Sunday when very few players shot under par.  

Put that course in the hands of the USGA and watch Whistling Straits come alive.

For a course that hasn't held a major (to my knowledge), I'd like to see Augusta's sometimes forgotten sister, Peachtree Golf Club, to hold a major.

I'll second the vote for Peachtree. 

1 hour ago, oldpalchamp said:

Butler National, although will never happen because the don't admit women, or Rich Harvest Farms.  Both very difficult courses that could handle the infrastructure.

Rich Harvest Farms unfortunately won't get one. The PGA told Jerry Rich he had to cut down a ton of trees and make a bunch of changes for it to be tour caliber and he told them to beat it.