Buy putter then fitting ? Or opposite

I wanna upgrade to the spider x 

practiced around with one at a shop and really liked it .

now should i buy the putter then get it adjusted after ? 

or should I get fitted with my old one the buy the new one to know what to get ? 

I don’t even know if the spider x is the right choice . But does a fitting do thst ..

they use quintec around here for fitting putters 

Get fit then go from there, most places should have a Spider X as a testing option or I'd at least ask them before you go. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

If fitting a putter is important enough to you that you're going for a professional fitting, wait to see what the results of the fitting are. If you are super comfortable with the way the spider sets up and rolls the ball and it gives you the confidence you want, save the money and buy the spider. 

Guess it comes down to are you a player who obsesses over numbers and has to go with the science, or are you a feel player who needs a putter to feel right before all else?

I think the putter is one that needs to be a feel thing, and confidence. You may like the look of a putter but find that you have no distance control over it. Or you push a lot of putts with it. 

Taylormade SIM 9*
Taylormade M6 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6
Mizuno MP5 7-PW
Callaway MD4 50* | 54* | 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport Classic

I bring the putters and have them fit me. I know from a fitting a couple of years ago I can't roll it any better than with an old Anser 2. But I make more putts with an 8802 style putter. I'm going to bring three putters to my upcoming putter fitting, an old Wilson 8813 and two old Ansers.

16 hours ago, kb7 said:

If fitting a putter is important enough to you that you're going for a professional fitting, wait to see what the results of the fitting are. If you are super comfortable with the way the spider sets up and rolls the ball and it gives you the confidence you want, save the money and buy the spider. 

Guess it comes down to are you a player who obsesses over numbers and has to go with the science, or are you a feel player who needs a putter to feel right before all else?

im a big numbers guy, specs guy. i want the science and breakdown of why.. i have an old nike putter that I've never strayed from ( putting weight is great but i seem to pull it right a bit ) 

13 hours ago, tleader said:

Fit first. 

it may surprise you which neck, toe flow, and style performs best from a numbers perspective. From there you can pretty much choose any putter which matches those specs. 

yah exactly spider x has a few options of necks .. maybe weights are a bit different .. i dunno.. that's what i want them to tell me through a fitting.. 

of course this year is winding down so this fall i wanna get speced out for everything in my bag.. so come spring i know the tools are right.. i just need myself to get the tools to work for me and help me lower my handicap to single digits..