2020-2021 Best Grips for Barehanded Golfers

Hi All,

My glove recently ripped.  Instead of running to the store, I played au natural my most recent round and felt great.  I used to play barehanded simply because Freddie Couples did and he IS the coolest guy out there but I won a glove or two from some Member/Guest Tournaments (I was the guest..) so I decided why not, the price was right.  With going back to the basics this most previous round I quickly remembered why I ditched the glove in years prior, my swing felt great, grip pressure was ideal, it was an easy decision to play the remainder of this season and into next gloveless.

All this being said brings up my question, I found a few older posts of grips for barehanded golfers but couldn't find anything more recent (if there is a more recent post, save your time and direct me that way!) so...to all the barehanded players out there...what grips do you use/have you used that served well in all weather conditions?  I live in Buffalo, NY so I get all the elements in our short season.

Thanks in advance.

I currently play with (and love) the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap. It's soft and tacky. It's decent in the rain but I don't have a great deal of experience in that regard. I have it installed with the logo down so I can use the blue line for alignment. I have no durability complains and change them once a year.

I moved away from the Golf Pride MCC because, as it wore in, the cord became more exposed and shredded my bare hand.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, shaneyank said:

I currently play with (and love) the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap. It's soft and tacky. It's decent in the rain but I don't have a great deal of experience in that regard. I have it installed with the logo down so I can use the blue line for alignment. I have no durability complains and change them once a year.

I moved away from the Golf Pride MCC because, as it wore in, the cord became more exposed and shredded my bare hand.

I have been looking at the CP2 too.  I currently play Golf Pride Tour Velvet and have played the Golf Pride Tour Wrap in the past.  I have been wondering about a more corded option but I like the softness of the Tour Velvet (and can't beat the price). 

I will definitely check those out, thanks for the input!

The Golf Pride Microsuede wrap doesn't seem to get much attention but I tried those out this year and am loving them. You could definitely go without a glove. They're kinda soft like a wrap grip but with some tack. It's hard to describe the feel, but it does feel kinda like... suede. 

Also they're only a buck more expensive than the Tour Velvet, which is nice. I'm done with $10 grips.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 deg.

Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 / Ping Heppler ZB3

I also use the GP CP2 wrap.  I read suggestion to make the tackiest possible is to spray them with windex and let it air dry.   Crazy tacky afterward.  I haven't worn a glove in 30 years and these grips replaced the Winn Dri tac for me

• Like 1

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 44.5"
Cobra F9 14.5  Tensei Blue AV S 42.75"
Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22*
TM Burner TP (Japan) irons 5-P Nippon 1150 GH Tour X
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
PING Glide 3.0 58* DG120 S
Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie 33.5" 
Bridgestone 2020 RXS Yellow

If you don't wear a glove (like me) its hard to beat the Royal Cord grip. Great grip in any weather condition (sweating, light rain, cold temps).  Golfworks purchased Royal from Lamkin a couple years ago thus you never see these advertised.  I haven't worn a glove in over 25 years and I've tried various grips from most manufacturers and these are simply better.  The Golf Pride grips seem to "die" after about a dozen rounds and then have to be continually wiped off to bring the tack back.  If you've ever played normal Royal grips in the past these are made the same (natural rubber - not synthetic) and are long lasting and require minimum maintenance.  Plus unlike most other cords these are nice and soft on the hands which is great for gloveless.  They are a minimum taper, which I like, and are only $5 a grip!!!!!!  A cheap experiment even if you end up not liking them (which I doubt). Only available from Golfworks in Ohio.  

https://www.golfworks.com/royal-linktech-full-cord-golf-grip/p/rg0017/

If you can't go leather then the best I've tried is the old school Lamkin corded, the No.1 50 Pro, and the GPTV corded, in that order. All are dependent on you wiping down the grip until it starts to smoke prior to each shot.

JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ6 65 M5
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 51, 55, 59 Fujikura MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

Another vote for leather. I haven't played anything else for close to 10 yrs. I don't play bare-handed though because I hit too many balls per week.

BT

Bag 1

Cobra King LTD Pro 9.5* HZRDUS Black 7 6.0 @ 44.5"
King LTD 14.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
F6 5-7 @ 17.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Bag 2
F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5