BX s vs ProV1x...what’s the deal?

So I’ve been playing the ProV1x the last few seasons and it has been a great ball for me.  Recently I was out in Utah and bought a sleeve of the BX S ball and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of spin I got off the irons and wedges.  I was actually very comfortable with the ball and found that I could throw it well past the pin and spin it back easily with a wedge.  The only thing I haven’t been able to pin down is the performance off the driver.  Most rounds I’ve played with the Bridgestone have been in either the wind or soft conditions so I really haven’t had a good chance to compare the driver performance of the ball.  So, I need your help!  What have you guys noticed in the driver performance of the BX S vs the ProV1x?

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I’ve been playing the ProV1x the last few seasons and it has been a great ball for me.  Recently I was out in Utah and bought a sleeve of the BX S ball and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of

Durability.  I LOVE the BS balls, but man, I had a scuff on mine today after hitting 6i off the first tee then 9i into the green.  Thats all it took for it to leave a mark.  The latest PV1x are surpri

I have also found the BX to scuff easily.  Not so much with the BRX.  I play a lot of sandy courses.  Not a good combo.  Shame because they are good balls but not cheap  

Durability.  I LOVE the BS balls, but man, I had a scuff on mine today after hitting 6i off the first tee then 9i into the green.  Thats all it took for it to leave a mark.  The latest PV1x are surprisingly durable, I have gotten 2 rounds out of one with barely a mark...  The BXS feels a little softer to me and driver distance is about the same from what I have seen.  Both are great... I love the BXS feel but hate the durability.  

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 9* PX Evenflow black 75 6.0

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Ben Hogan Icon 4-P S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12 TI S400

Ping Anser Milled 2

My last experience with the Bridgestone balls was several generations ago with the B330 and B330 S. The B330 was very similar to Pro V1x but firmer sound/feel and not quite as high trajectory. The B330 S (earlier instantiation of what's now BX S) was one of the few balls that seemed to spin more than Pro V1x off short irons and wedges. Very spinny ball. 

I never used the S version enough to notice a difference in driver distance. The regular B330 back then was about the same driver distance as the Pro V1x.

No idea if all that still applies 3-4 generations later!

Now that you guys mentioned it, I did scuff up the BXS ball pretty easily with just a few wedges.  Ugh, durability issues aren’t fun at these prices.  I guess I could live with it if the ball speed was better off the driver but if it’s not...  

I chose the BXS for this season over the prov1x due to the short game and iron spin increases, while being pretty close on the driver, possibly slightly higher spin and a bit lower launch

• Like 1

PING G410 LST 10.5* - Tensei AV RAW White 65TX

Callaway BB 816 Alpha 16* - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Callaway Epic Flash 18* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8X

PING G410 22* - Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X

PING G25 5-SW - Project X PXI 6.0

Callaway MD5 Raw X Grind 60* - DG 115 S200

PING Nome TR

I found a B XS on the course and used it and found out for me, off the driver they are up to 10 yards longer than any Pro V. A smidge longer off the irons too. They are good short game balls as well. 
These balls are recommended for swing speeds >105, but interestingly, my driver swing speed is low 90’s. So I can only assume it’s optimized my driver launch, spin, traj. somehow.

I have not noticed any excessive scuffing. I mean this a premium ball used on tour, it has to be somewhat durable. Also, used these in club championship this weekend an found them to be great into the wind. We had 10 to 15 mph winds this weekend.

These are my new gamer balls replacing Pro V’s. 

Try them, you might be surprised.

• Like 1

BXS will def have more short game spin than the V1x as that is what it was designed for. I found it to spin a bit more with the driver as well and it’s not as long although I feeel it performs a bit better in the wind. The compression is noticeably lower than the V1x which is why it’s softer and a little slower off of the driver. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 LST AD-DI 7x
Ping G410 20* Crossover PX EvenFlow Black 85HY 6.5
Ping iBlade 4-PW PX LZ 6.5
Glide Stealth 2.0 52/56/60 TI S400
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
ProV1x
Ping Hoofer Multicam