Is the pro v1 due for an update?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the last couple generations I have found new, not yet released ProV's mixed in with x-out models well before the normal release date.  The latest Prov1's are already being made and  are listed on

Should be however I suspect it’s been pushed back until 2021. 

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

1 hour ago, noodle3872 said:

Should be however I suspect it’s been pushed back until 2021. 

Last update of the retail Pro-V1/V1x was early 2019. It they release a new version in early 2021 they will still be on their standard 2 year release schedule. If Titleist released the new Tour Speed ball a few weeks back and have seeded the tour with new drivers and fairway woods during the pandemic I see no reason the next release of the Pro-V1 line will be delayed.

Edited by grm24

I just looked at Titleist’s Pro V1 Story. It seems the balls are released on Tour at the end of October. I suppose t could still happen. Normally, Team Titleist members get samples by now however I imagine the pesky virus going around quashed that program.  

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Golf equipment sales and rounds played are both going through a boom right now. I can't see why Titleist would delay their regular Pro V1 franchise update when balls are selling great.

Logistics-wise there will probably be sporadic delays or shortages during the rollout just because everything is messed up right now but even if there's a delay of a few weeks before they show up on the shelves, I think it will still be an 2021 update.

For the last couple generations I have found new, not yet released ProV's mixed in with x-out models well before the normal release date.  The latest Prov1's are already being made and  are listed on USGA conforming list (From USGA:  Pole 1: Titleist Seam 1: (arrowhead parallel lines) Pro V1 (parallel lines arrowhead) w/bars above and below). 

While its nice to play the latest version of any equipment, at this stage of ball production any succeeding version has typically only minor tweaks. Particularly the ProV1 models.  Titleist doesn't want to come up with something very different from the ball that makes them $$$.  Thus the new models aren't named ProV1 (AVX, Tour Speed) just in case they aren't popular.   

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:02 PM, Robmc826 said:

When do they usually drop the price of the prior gen. 

If they do anything, expect a drop around Christmas.  That's usually when they do it with their free personalization promotion.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)