Fujikura equivalent of Blueboard?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While there are a number of mid/mid shafts in the Fujikura lineup, the closest match to the "Blueboard" bend profile is the Fujikura Speeder Evo series. Ventus Red isn't too far off. 

Blue vs. Blue is a good start but I think the Ventus Red (not a high-launch shaft) is closest IMO

I know they will all be slightly different but i was talking just the “midflight” shaft in the lineups- fuji: low- black, mid-blue, high-red. MRC: low- white, mid-blue, high-red. I used the OG

8 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Each fujikura line has a shaft that is mid launch mid spin like the blueboard profile. There is ventus blue, atmos blue, and im sure the motore line has it as well, not sure which one. 

Ventus Blue is way stiffer from mid to tip than any Blueboard variant. 

The Atmos Blue TS, Motore X F3, and Speeder EVO VI are closer to the Blueboard realm albeit with slightly stiffer tips.

21 minutes ago, storm319 said:

The Atmos Blue TS, Motore X F3, and Speeder EVO VI are closer to the Blueboard realm albeit with slightly stiffer tips.

I know they will all be slightly different but i was talking just the “midflight” shaft in the lineups- fuji: low- black, mid-blue, high-red. MRC: low- white, mid-blue, high-red.

I used the OG blueboard for years and several years later discovered the motore vc ts 7.3. Its very very similar in my opinion. On paper maybe not, but the feel and results were. 

• Like 1

The atmos blue. Mitsubishi calls the new Gen blueboards “mid-low” shafts now and that’s what Fuji calls the atmos blue.

the motors x f3 is close as well but is more of an offshoot with better features IMO

Epic Max LS + HZRDUS Yellow  / TS2 3W + Tensei AV Blue / Mavrik 7W + ATMOS TS Blue / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

While there are a number of mid/mid shafts in the Fujikura lineup, the closest match to the "Blueboard" bend profile is the Fujikura Speeder Evo series. Ventus Red isn't too far off. 

• Like 2

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

2 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Agreed, the EVO 757's are right there with the original Blueboard as being the progenitor of the soft mid "Blue" profile. Ventus Red and Atmos Red are closer in most respects then their "Blue" versions.  

• Thanks 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX 
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 18.5* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

Interesting. I always assumed the 757 was a lower launching shaft. I had one of those back in an original r7 Quad TP that I was a big fan of, but that was about 10 mph of swing speed ago. I'm only between 100 and 105mph right now and I'm kind of nervous that's too much shaft now. I've been kind of gravitating towards the mid-high shafts due to the decrease in swing speed.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, storm319 said:

Atmos Blue TS Is somewhat Similar but stiffer in the butt.

The EVO VI is NOT close at all evo VI reminds me of the Diamana W, The Evo V & the OG Evo I are close but the Evo V is slightly counter balanced & they both are Color Coded Blue for a reason.

Depending on if you are looking for a Driver or a Fairway I have found the Motore 7.3TS performs almost IDENTICAL to the Classic BB83 in a Fairway Wood.

Edited by ignitewvu

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I used to play OG Blue Boards and find the Atmos Blue TS to be similar in flight and feel. Love the 70 in my 4wd, experimenting with the 60 in my driver currently.

• Like 1

Ping G400 10.5 (9.5*) Hzrdus Yellow Smoke 60 5.5 
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra  Forged Tec Black SteelFiber i95cw R  
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 54/14
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 58/12

This Week's Putter: Toulon Long Island
 TM Tour Response/ ProV1/ FG Tour

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 4:22 AM, jcvandamme said:

I've always been a fan of the launch and feel of the Blueboard/Tensei blue lines over the years, but I'm looking to branch out. Which of the Fujikura line is closest? Would it be the Motore X F3? I've been really intrigued by what I'm hearing about the F3. Or is there a different shaft that I should be looking at?

I’ve really enjoyed the Diamana BF & S+ lines over the last couple of years.

Atmos Blue has been really good in my u510 1 iron, but I found the flight ballooned when I played it in the driver  - much more so than my CK Pro Blue.

I’ve also got the Speeder Evolution IV 661 - and that’s really smooth as well. I think this line is a lighter weight version of the 757s. I’d recommend giving this one a try if you get a chance to.

• Like 1

What about Ventus Red? I think the Blue version would be a little too low launch for me. My only concern is that even on the Red model the torque is lower than I'm used to playing. Even the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm using now has a torque around 4.

I've started to realize that I don't need a low launch/low spin shaft anymore. I'm more mid to mid-high launch now, but I do love the smooth feel of a Blueboard, and I wouldn't mind just a touch bit higher launch. My home course has a lot of doglegs so having a high ball flight is rewarded more than just pure distance.

I tend to gravitate towards the lower spinning heads because I like the more compact look. Current driver is a G400 LST, but I'm looking to get fitted and upgrade early next season.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, jcvandamme said:

I've always been a fan of the launch and feel of the Blueboard/Tensei blue lines over the years, but I'm looking to branch out. Which of the Fujikura line is closest? Would it be the Motore X F3? I've been really intrigued by what I'm hearing about the F3. Or is there a different shaft that I should be looking at?

I am exactly like you. I am currently using Tensei AV Blue for Driver and 3 wood and Atmos Blue with with my hybrid. Very comparable but I find Atmos Blue to be more stable which is a good thing. I might completely move over to Atmos Blue for my driver and fairway on my next purchase as they come with lower torque with similar bend profile compared to the Blueboard/Tensei series.

Edit: Atmos black is another consideration just for my driver. Different from blue but allows for more penetrating ball flight.

Edited by hypergolf
20 hours ago, jcvandamme said:

What about Ventus Red? I think the Blue version would be a little too low launch for me. My only concern is that even on the Red model the torque is lower than I'm used to playing. Even the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm using now has a torque around 4.

I've started to realize that I don't need a low launch/low spin shaft anymore. I'm more mid to mid-high launch now, but I do love the smooth feel of a Blueboard, and I wouldn't mind just a touch bit higher launch. My home course has a lot of doglegs so having a high ball flight is rewarded more than just pure distance.

I tend to gravitate towards the lower spinning heads because I like the more compact look. Current driver is a G400 LST, but I'm looking to get fitted and upgrade early next season.

Low spin heads and shafts that launch more are great combo if it fits, I fall into that category as well. The lower spin head helps with dispersion and the smoother shafts takes care of the launch part. Don’t be afraid of it

On 9/20/2020 at 9:09 AM, Red4282 said:

I know they will all be slightly different but i was talking just the “midflight” shaft in the lineups- fuji: low- black, mid-blue, high-red. MRC: low- white, mid-blue, high-red.

I used the OG blueboard for years and several years later discovered the motore vc ts 7.3. Its very very similar in my opinion. On paper maybe not, but the feel and results were. 

Couldn't agree more the 7.3 feels and launches almost identical to the BB83.   I have had it in my 3 wood for 2 years and it's like an old friend.  The perfect 3 wood shaft......

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I’ll echo some of the posts above with Ventus Red. Ventus Blue performed more similarly to the White Diamana profiles for me with Ventus Black being some next level stiff. When Fujikura lists them as “Mid-High,” “Mid,” and “Low” they’re comparing Ventus to Ventus not Ventus to some preconceived standard of high, mid and low. 

• Thanks 1

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-PW / DG X7

SM8 50-8 F, 54-12 D / DG TI X1

WW SM8 58-6 LB K Grind / DG TI X1

One and Done DB

On 12/24/2020 at 2:04 PM, jcvandamme said:

This actually is a good compariaon, although is probably tip the red a bit.