Where are the great American club reviewers?

5 hours ago, jpbova said:

I just read a reddit thread about this.  They are getting an unsubscribe.  I never knew that.  I feel like an idiot now for believing the independent and unbiased slogan. 

I agree with a lot of the people on here saying 2nd swing is the best in the US.

Link?

My "Golf Digest" WITB

Ping G400 8.5* | Tour 75X // Ping G400 Stretch 12* | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5 // Ping G20 16.5* | Diamana WB 73X // Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW | DG X100  // Mizuno JPX 919 50/55/60 | KBS CT Lite S // Cleveland Frontline Elevado 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont trust anyone who doesn't have an accent.  Anyone who sounds like me is surely an idiot 

The problem is the lack of GC Quads in America.  I think every English golfer is given a Quad as a prize for breaking 80...      

I also miss good ole fashioned “text” reviews.  So much easier to read during a bathroom break at work.  I tend to follow the guys at plugged in golf and event through they publish less, driving range

8 hours ago, Albatross85 said:

Allegedly they took advertising dollars to pump Snell in their articles and tests back when they said it was better than Pro-V1. Their entire "schtick" is that they are unbiased and dont take dollars from OEMs. They played it off that it didnt count b/c Snell was a little guy and not a major OEM. 

Bunch of lying hypocrites. 

If their primary goal was to shill for advertising revenue, they could make far more with the big OEMs (I doubt what Snell paid in advertising was enough to risk discrediting their test by manipulating results). The correlation to advertising on their site influencing the portrayal of results is anecdotal at best.

Edited by storm319
7 hours ago, storm319 said:

If their primary goal was to shill for advertising revenue, they could make far more with the big OEMs (I doubt what Snell paid in advertising was enough to risk discrediting their test by manipulating results). The correlation to advertising on their site influencing the portrayal of results is anecdotal at best.

Unfortunately (for them) we're in the territory of the old joke with the punchline, "We've established what you are, we're just haggling over price". 

I am going to start a YouTube channel.  I am not even kidding. I am not a professional golfer.   Don’t ask me to teach you.  I played to a 6.1 but am probably about a 12 now due to health issues related to cancer surgery (recovering now).  I have no track man, I have no goodies, but what I will do is entertain you, and give you the low down on gear I buy and pay for with my own money in 7 minutes or less.  You won’t see me swinging X flex shafts at 120 mph, but you also won’t see me swinging R flex at 85 mph either.  I will try and make a video introducing myself, my swing/game, and my strengths and weaknesses, and then simply establish what I like or dislike about a club/ball/gear.

I literally had surgery about a week ago and am 5 weeks from being able to swing a club again, but I think I can make content that is relatable and relevant and entertaining without being British or shilling.  

• Like 4
On 9/20/2020 at 9:26 PM, bunta said:

i like Crossfield for his honesty. He gives it to you straight without trying to steer you.

I agree with that for the most part. I don't ever get the impression that he's trying to sell me on anything at least not in anything I've seen over the past year or so. I don't always agree with his opinions but what do I know?! At least he seem pretty clear that he's presenting his opinion. If I had a critizism of him it would be that his "how to...whatever" type videos don't often seem to actually be "how to..." videos, but are more like course vlogs. 

Callaway Rogue 9* @ 10* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75

Callaway Epic Flash 5W [email protected] 17* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75

Callaway Rogue 4H 21* Project X EvenFlow Black 85

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-7i KBS Max 90

Callaway Mavrik Pro 8-AW True Temper Elevate 105

Tommy Armour GXT 52* Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM7 58* D Dynamic Gold S200

Odyssey O-Works Red Jailbird Mini S

The best reviews are on these very boards, as well as others, written by Americans as well as other nationalities. Its what one does with the information and one's own due diligence that determines what any golfer feels about equipment. All swings are personal, as well as choices that a golfer will make. Opinions will always vary because what may work for one, doesn't mean it works best for all. Ultimately, the responsibility falls on the individual on what they will purchase.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
On 9/21/2020 at 12:44 PM, jpbova said:

I just read a reddit thread about this.  They are getting an unsubscribe.  I never knew that.  I feel like an idiot now for believing the independent and unbiased slogan. 

I agree with a lot of the people on here saying 2nd swing is the best in the US.

Link to that reddit thread? 

Edited by OrangeGravy
remove question
  • Like 1

Crossfield readily admits that he struggles to break 80, so credit to him for the honesty.

But Rick Shiels, Ian and Matt from TXG talk in the 60's, dress in the 70's, shoot in the 80's.

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

Coming from a Brit - if you would like, you guys can quite easily have Shiels, Finch, Robinson et al. How they have managed to obtain so many subscribers is beyond me. I’d rather watch paint dry these days.

• Haha 1

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

1 hour ago, MattyO1984 said:

Coming from a Brit - if you would like, you guys can quite easily have Shiels, Finch, Robinson et al. How they have managed to obtain so many subscribers is beyond me. I’d rather watch paint dry these days.

I came across these guys a few years back when searching up course 'vlogs for courses I'd played before. From the start I found Crossfield just horribly annoying, Shiels seemed likeable enough and Finch completely unwatchable. Crossfield has since become a parody of himself while Shiels just seems to make the exact same videos every week except with slightly different clubs. 

Like you, I simply can't understand the subscriber numbers. But I'm not really of the YouTube generation, my screen-based entertainment still tends to be football matches or scripted movies and TV shows rather than YouTube "personalities" and reality television. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, North Butte said:

I came across these guys a few years back when searching up course 'vlogs for courses I'd played before. From the start I found Crossfield just horribly annoying, Shiels seemed likeable enough and Finch completely unwatchable. Crossfield has since become a parody of himself while Shiels just seems to make the exact same videos every week except with slightly different clubs. 

Like you, I simply can't understand the subscriber numbers. But I'm not really of the YouTube generation, my screen-based entertainment still tends to be football matches or scripted movies and TV shows rather than YouTube "personalities" and reality television. 

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’m a millennial so target audience for guys like this. So much so that I bought Apple TV about four years ago and the main reason was so I could watch Vlogs on my TV. I can’t remember the last time that I watched any of them for more than 5 minutes before turning off. Not one of them says anything of any interest. Like a store bought suit in a quest to fit everyone, they don’t fit anyone.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019