Jump to content

Jaime Diaz on Bryson


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get the hate. The guy picked a path he believes in and he's putting in the work and getting results. Most people who take that approach at anything in life are applauded for it.   I

Disappointed in Rory's bs interview.  Envy & jeolousy is what I see.  I hope BD just tears it up for the next 10 years and turn conventional wisdom on its ear.

Jaime Diaz is the old fogie get off my lawn guard.  Bryson is a breath of fresh air and beat the crap out of a course that literrally beat the crap out of the field.  BD beat the course into submissio

Posted Images

It's not like he won by 15 shots or anything.  Sour grapes by those that can't.  I don't particularly like Bryson, but he is beating the field by being better. 

 

I do however, don't think it will last.  Injury is Golf's way of leveling the playing field.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do they measure driving distance at the US Open?  The whole point of BD’s transformation was to gain distance without regard to accuracy.  If they aren’t comparing every shot hit with a driver by Dechambeau to every shot hit with a driver by everyone else, it’s a worthless statistic.  If he averages 330 every time he hits driver but he only hit it 302 on the one hole they’re measuring, of course he’s gonna finish down the list.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, philly2kuk said:

Not a Rory fan and his comments came across as being a sore loser, but he makes one valid point for me. How is it we don’t allow people to use long putters and belly putters and anchor them, but it’s ok to anchor large parts of the grip against your arm to stabilise the stroke? For me you either allow all the options or none of them, be consistent.

I’ve wondered this too.  If this is allowed bring back the other banned strokes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChrisSP said:

 

I don't get the hate. The guy picked a path he believes in and he's putting in the work and getting results. Most people who take that approach at anything in life are applauded for it.

 

I just hope that he enjoys himself tonight - maybe snort some A1 sauce off a Morton's waitress while chugging protein shakes.

 

You do you Bryson!. 

Can’t argue with the state of Bryson’s game. However there are too many instances where he acts like a whiny brat on the course which ruffle feathers.

  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

 Funny nobody cared about armlock with Kuchar or Simpson-- just whiners , man

Well winning puts a spotlight on things, and there is a lot of media hype around BAD At then moment.  Idk why really, I’ve always thought the arm lock should not be allowed but like the anchoring bam don’t care all that much because I don’t putt that way.  It’s still a valid question to be asked, how is this legal and anchoring isn’t ?  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigjim1022 said:

Well winning puts a spotlight on things, and there is a lot of media hype around BAD At then moment.  Idk why really, I’ve always thought the arm lock should not be allowed but like the anchoring bam don’t care all that much because I don’t putt that way.  It’s still a valid question to be asked, how is this legal and anchoring isn’t ?  
 

Like you I don’t care if Bryson putts with one arm standing on one leg whilst the other high fives the caddie. It works for him and good on him but the rules are stupid. You’re anchoring more of the club with armlock than with the long putter. Both allow easy pendulum motions. Wouldn’t surprise me if this results in armlock being banned as it wasn’t until after Scott won the masters that the murmurs of banning long putters started before an eventual ban.

Edited by philly2kuk
  • Like 1

Taylormade M5 Evenflow Blue
Ping G 17.5
Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
Ping G410 4-UW
Vokey SM7 56°/14° and 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
Titleist Pro V1x

[i]Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

Link to post
Share on other sites

People acting like hate of DeChambeau has come from nowhere when he has shown:

 

Lack of sportsmanship (look up Richard McEvoy on the European Tour).

Disregard for playing partners with slow play (various examples but look up Liberty National last year when he took 3 minutes to play a shot and 2 minutes to take a putt).

Disregard for rules officials (Rocket Mortgage Classic trying to get a ruling from a fence and refusing to accept it, saying he got a "garbage ruling as usual", the ants incident).

Expecting special treatment (the "garbage ruling", "don't film me it's damaging my brand", getting his caddie to block the camera after he hit a bad shot etc).

 

Let's just say he is not loved for a reason, but he should be respected because he has a brilliant game and it's not just long driving, it was putting that won it for him this weekend.

Edited by Dave230
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.  I felt Rory set up the reporters to ask him nothing but Bryson questions, which they pretty much did.  Rory came off bitter and definitely wanted to undermine / minimize Bryson's accomplishment.  Quite a bad look on Rory who keeps giving me more and more reasons to dislike him.  And I, too, found Jaime Diaz to be doing much the same as he literally goaded the USGA publicly to do something about this terrible terrible Bryson trend before it catches on.   When he said that, I sensed that Brandel Chamblee wanted to take issue with him and defend Bryson but felt he could not go against the elder statesman, Jaime Diaz, or at least that was my impression because he gave a flustered non-answer.  Then Justin Leonard, of all people, added fuel to the fire by giving the USGA some ideas such as reducing driver head size.  If our drivers become non-conforming next year we will all know who the instigators were. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to De Chambeau! he has taken a unique and fresh route to the game and, whether people like him or not, it is working for him. IMHO the only thing that really needs to be addressed and solved is his slow play. It is not acceptable and shows no respect to other players to take such a long time for preparing any kind shot, wheter it is a 200 yd approach or a 6 feet putt. This is golf not rocket science

 

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Hzdous Smoke 65 
Titleist TS3 15 Aldila Rogue Black 85
Titleist 818H1 19 Rogue Max 85
Titleist AP3 4i Oban CT 115
Srixon Z585 5i / Z785 6-PW Project X LZ steel
Cleveland CBX2 50 / RTX4 56 
Vokey SM7 60 M Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Back up: Mizuno MP25 5-6i / MP5 7-PW KBS Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spirit76 said:

Agreed.  I felt Rory set up the reporters to ask him nothing but Bryson questions, which they pretty much did.  Rory came off bitter and definitely wanted to undermine / minimize Bryson's accomplishment.  Quite a bad look on Rory who keeps giving me more and more reasons to dislike him.  And I, too, found Jaime Diaz to be doing much the same as he literally goaded the USGA publicly to do something about this terrible terrible Bryson trend before it catches on.   When he said that, I sensed that Brandel Chamblee wanted to take issue with him and defend Bryson but felt he could not go against the elder statesman, Jaime Diaz, or at least that was my impression because he gave a flustered non-answer.  Then Justin Leonard, of all people, added fuel to the fire by giving the USGA some ideas such as reducing driver head size.  If our drivers become non-conforming next year we will all know who the instigators were. 

You are not on tour. Why would that matter if your driver wasn't conforming?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brass_Bullseye said:

How do they measure driving distance at the US Open?  The whole point of BD’s transformation was to gain distance without regard to accuracy.  If they aren’t comparing every shot hit with a driver by Dechambeau to every shot hit with a driver by everyone else, it’s a worthless statistic.  If he averages 330 every time he hits driver but he only hit it 302 on the one hole they’re measuring, of course he’s gonna finish down the list.  

 

I know in the old days they only measured 2 holes per round (they were measuring manually) - but I think now with all the computers they are measuring every shot? Just like they measure every single putt, so every player knows the total feet of putts they make every day. And their prox. to hole on every approach shot...etc etc

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's funny is that "Tiger Proofing" courses had nothing to do with preventing Tiger from winning. It actually made it far easier for him to win. "Bryson Proofing" would be an odd strategy considering he isn't longer than everyone the way Tiger was ( i mean Tiger was 40-50 yards past a lot of guys) and as happened in the past, it would just help to ensure that guys like him and DJ, and Rory too...have even more advantage

 

I don't understand why everyone cares about this so much. Sports change all the time. Basketball, Baseball, Football...etc . All are different than they were 20-30 years ago. 

 

If Bryson can shoot under par for 4 days on a course a scratch dude would shoot 90 on...Why do we need to freak about it. Like OMG he didn't hit irons off the tee, i'm gonna go light myself on fire now! 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic SubZero 13 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

Deschamps Blade 375g

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...