Single length Re-Boot

disco111

Has anyone done something like a single length combo set? I’m considering doing something like this:

4/5 one length hybrids (for shot height)

6/7 one length irons

8-wedges normal length (don’t have issues with short irons) 

not convinced short game is a problem, but for me, I see huge benefits with better contact at the top. I understand it breaks the rules of single length, but curious if this type of set works for anyone else.

To the OP’s question, No! Nothing against the concept but it ain’t for everybody.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

26 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Has anyone done something like a single length combo set? I’m considering doing something like this:

6/7 one length irons

not convinced short game is a problem, but for me, I see huge benefits with better contact at the top. I understand it breaks the rules of single length, but curious if this type of set works for anyone else.

I believe there are in addition to single length, dual and triple length sets available. I understand Bobby Jones had his iron lengths paired.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

I picked up golf again this year after about a 10 year layoff. I thought single length concept was intriguing so picked some F9s off of eBay as part of my return. I was a 12 handicap before my break and am 9 handicap currently. Lower handicap is due to better swing, not equipment. These are my takeaways after using them most of the year:

• For me, the cobras are too long -- 37.5". I'm 5'8 so not a surprise. I end up choking up on them. The main problem is the GW and PW -- not sure why hitting a 37.5" shaft is considered better for a scoring club. The GW hurts me -- I don't feel like I can attack the pins like I should. I know Wishon recommends 8 iron length (36.5"). That would be better for me and might consider it if I thought I had the swing speed to carry the longer irons (I'm low 80's w/7 iron and I think Wishon said 85 mph with 8 iron to carry a 4 iron). If I did single length, I would start at 9 iron, though. 
  • Cobra changes the lie angle for each club. They have their reasons which Wishon disagrees with. It doesn't make sense to me. Some of the irons feel too upright to me
  • Gapping has not been a problem. Trajectory was also not a problem at either end.
  • My buddy is a fitter and he has done sets that are variable up to 7 iron and then single length. That is what I will likely do. I'm doing super speed and will get fit for new irons in a month or two. 
  • Fitting is a must. In fairness, I didn't get fit which I think is absolutely necessary if this concept is going to work for someone. I just wanted to test it to see if I liked it before committing the money
  • Chipping -- these clubs feel so long when I'm chipping. I like to stand close to ball and raise the heel up -- I'm gripping down and holding the shaft every time. 
  • One swing concept -- the idea that you only need to groove one swing may work for some people, but I don't find it useful. I feel like if I can hit a 7 iron, I can hit a 9-iron. Plus, on the golf course, conditions are dynamic -- on my course I rarely have a flat lie so it really doesn't matter if I have grooved "one swing". 
  • I think this concept makes sense for a lot of golfers. But for me, the shorter the club, the easier it is to make solid contact so why make my scoring clubs longer? The initial draw of single length was that I could hit my mid/long irons better but I've realized that I don't hit them that often in a round -- just on long par 3s and long par 4s. It doesn't make sense for me to change my whole bag for those shots, especially since my GIR from 180 yards out isn't going to be that great regardless of what I'm hitting. 

I guess I had more takeaways than I thought. I initially thought there would be 3-4. Also, reading these posts, a lot of people who seem to like them are taller players. 

Edited by acekun

4 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

6/7 one length irons

I played something similar for a while. 

20 degree hybrid at 38.5 (1.5 shorter than stock)

Cobra f8 5, 6, 7 one length

Cobra S3 8-GW variable length

• Like 1

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

13 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

What did you think? Sounds like you got away from it. Why?

That was a really solid setup for me. Exactly what I needed as I was transitioning from a guy who was happy to break 90, to someone that routinely breaks 80. The one length long irons were so easy to hit for me. The shortened hybrid was a work of art. Cut it down to a 4 iron length at 38.5. Flatter lie angle. Could finally hit a hybrid dead straight without pulling it. That easy distance with the 5 iron and hybrid opened up a new world on long par 3s, short par 4s, and par 5s. Complete game changer for me at the time. And better scores had me practicing more, leading to better scores.

But as I got better and better, the ball flight started to bother me more. I started to carry the 6 iron the same distance as the 5. The 5 basically became a punch out club. I'd try to step on the 6 rather than hit a 5 into greens. The hybrid had quite a low ball flight and I knew I was leaving some yards out there. Picked up a set of variable lengths with the 7 iron at 37. So 6 iron was still 37.5 like I was used to. And the 5 iron was only 38. And I didnt really have any pains with that. Kept great contact on my long irons, hit the ball higher with more spin. Picked up a conventional length hybrid and hit it longer and higher. Clubs I struggled with before I was hitting very well, just because my swing was better.

Now that my speed is continuing to climb, and I am a few weeks into overspeed training, I've decided to reboot the entire single length idea. I'm hoping there's a sort of upside bell curve where the single length long irons are great for the high handicap weekend hack and then again for the single digit handicapper with some speed. 

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

18 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

That was a really solid setup for me. Exactly what I needed as I was transitioning from a guy who was happy to break 90, to someone that routinely breaks 80. The one length long irons were so easy to hit for me. The shortened hybrid was a work of art. Cut it down to a 4 iron length at 38.5. Flatter lie angle. Could finally hit a hybrid dead straight without pulling it. That easy distance with the 5 iron and hybrid opened up a new world on long par 3s, short par 4s, and par 5s. Complete game changer for me at the time. And better scores had me practicing more, leading to better scores.

But as I got better and better, the ball flight started to bother me more. I started to carry the 6 iron the same distance as the 5. The 5 basically became a punch out club. I'd try to step on the 6 rather than hit a 5 into greens. The hybrid had quite a low ball flight and I knew I was leaving some yards out there. Picked up a set of variable lengths with the 7 iron at 37. So 6 iron was still 37.5 like I was used to. And the 5 iron was only 38. And I didnt really have any pains with that. Kept great contact on my long irons, hit the ball higher with more spin. Picked up a conventional length hybrid and hit it longer and higher. Clubs I struggled with before I was hitting very well, just because my swing was better.

Now that my speed is continuing to climb, and I am a few weeks into overspeed training, I've decided to reboot the entire single length idea. I'm hoping there's a sort of upside bell curve where the single length long irons are great for the high handicap weekend hack and then again for the single digit handicapper with some speed. 

That sounds like an awesome experience and something I may be trying soon. It just seems to make sense, but we will see if the fitter tries to get me into just a normal one length (or all variable length). I like the setup in theory. 

7 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

6/7 one length irons

5,6,7 at 36.75, 8-GW at 36.25. Its my comfort range in length, you shouldn't have any issues going sl at top of bag then whatever you want. 

6 hours ago, chipa said:

I believe there are in addition to single length, dual and triple length sets available. I understand Bobby Jones had his iron lengths paired.

When it is all said and done, I will end up with “3 sets”.  My hybrids/driving irons will be all the same length, lie, and swing weight.  My irons...Edel sls01s, and my wedges at the same length.

I think this makes sense for me, and is more workable than all the same length.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

I think the better fit for most people is 6-P one length as well as possibly the wedges but the 4 and 5 the same length and maybe one fairway wood and of course the driver. 

In fact from what I've seen the biggest drawback to most people are understandably the long irons. It doesn't have to be because the reality is there is no real single length set, typically at a minimum 3 lengths, but this will still be very helpful as 3 is less to learn than 10. I understand some people like their short irons shorter but for 3/4 or less distances choking down should be an option.

In my case 6-L is 37" and then up from there it's normal lengths. I carry a strong 5 iron, 5 wood and driver so I have 4 lengths to deal with. That's still better than 10 plus my back inflexibility makes the SL wedges very attractive.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

37 minutes ago, lenman73 said:

Might just be me , but during my last round, the OL 5 iron and I had a little talk. We came to an understanding and we are much better friends now. 

Pin on Movie Favorites (films and stars)

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Has anyone done a gapping analysis with single length irons?

I was watching the two TXG videos on single length irons and in the blind test they did with the Cobra F8, there were some pretty big gap issues between a couple clubs.  While they didn't try to adjust anything, Ian seemed a bit unsure if he'd be able to tweak the lofts enough given that the bodies of the clubheads were cast.  Are the newer Cobra one length irons improved in that respect?

In their Sterling fitting video, they got an ideal gapping by bending the 5-8 irons 3* weak and 2* flat, which is pretty much at the limits for those irons.

I'm very intrigued by single length irons and am in the market for a new set of irons, but it seems that a gapping analysis is almost a necessity as part of the fitting process?  Or do variable length iron sets typically have the same issues that people don't realize?  Do Wishon clubfitters usually include a gapping analysis?  Or do they just fit you with a 6 or 7 iron like most places do with traditional variable length irons?

If I go single length, I'm leaning towards driving a couple hours to a Wishon fitter or buying a set of Cobra irons locally.  My local golf shop does offer gap analysis and is able to adjust loft/lie, but I'm concerned if the Cobra irons won't offer enough adjustability given that they are cast bodies.

Edited by SirFuego

25 minutes ago, SirFuego said:

Has anyone done a gapping analysis with single length irons?

I was watching the two TXG videos on single length irons and in the blind test they did with the Cobra F8, there were some pretty big gap issues between a couple clubs.  While they didn't try to adjust anything, Ian seemed a bit unsure if he'd be able to tweak the lofts enough given that the bodies of the clubheads were cast.  Are the newer Cobra one length irons improved in that respect?

In their Sterling fitting video, they got an ideal gapping by bending the 5-8 irons 3* weak and 2* flat, which is pretty much at the limits for those irons.

I'm very intrigued by single length irons and am in the market for a new set of irons, but it seems that a gapping analysis is almost a necessity as part of the fitting process?  Or do variable length iron sets typically have the same issues that people don't realize?  Do Wishon clubfitters usually include a gapping analysis?  Or do they just fit you with a 6 or 7 iron like most places do with traditional variable length irons?

If I go single length, I'm leaning towards driving a couple hours to a Wishon fitter or buying a set of Cobra irons locally.  My local golf shop does offer gap analysis and is able to adjust loft/lie, but I'm concerned if the Cobra irons won't offer enough adjustability given that they are cast bodies.

Even Bryson has speed zone irons at the top of his set, and I would guess part of the reason is to get a little more height out of his long irons. I’m guessing he doesn’t need extra forgiveness on irons that are all the same length. I’m planning on a doing a fitting the winter and I’ll be looking at hybrids in the 4/5 range for the exact same reason. Need a little extra for those long irons to make up for the slight decrease in swing speed.

My current Main set is MP-18 MMC with Steelfiber i110cw and I also have a 2nd Weekend bag with MP-18 MMC but with Steelfiber i95.  FYI in both sets the 5i is a MMC Fli-Hi for some added launch. 

For my main set:

Lob-9i SL at 36-1/8"

8i at 36-1/2"

7i at 36-7/8" 

6i & 5i SL at 37-1/4"

TS2 23* hybrid

TS2 19* hybrid

TS2 16.5* FW

TS3 10.5 Driver

I've been playing really well the last few seasons, and get good gapping with my above setup.  My carry distance for my 7i is about 150-155 carry, 6i is 160-165, 5i is 170-175.

I am a high single digit cap' ( play courses 6000-6400 yards ) and wanted a bit better reliability with my 7-6-5 irons.  I bought  full set of EQ1-NX , and only built the 7-6-5 to experiment with, but they did not work out for me, regardless of some shaft or SW trials.   In comparison to my many years of Mizuno CB/MB sets, I did not take to the EQ1 head properties -> larger head, longer blade length, wider sole , possible CoG position, turf interaction.  These are just not for me and time to move on. 

Over the winter I am going to rebuild my 2nd Weekend bag and start the season with it as my Main bag.  I plan to re-jig / shorten them a bit more as follows.

Lob-8i SL at 36-1/8"   ( omit my SW as I so rarely use it anyway )

7i at 36-1/2"

6i & 5i at 36-7/8"   ( or maybe keep 5i at 37-1/4" )

TS2 27* hybrid

TS2 23* hybrid

TS2 19* hybrid

TS2 16.5* FW

TS3 10.5 Driver

I've already been gaming SL Lob-PW for many years with no issues whatsoever.   I added the 9i into the mix last year, and no issues with it at that length over the last 2 seasons.   So I may as well introduce the 8i into my SL grouping and see how it goes from there, along with shortening my 7-6-5, and adding a 27* hybrid.  The only downside ( visual ) is that I will need some lead tape on my 5i and 6i, in addition to my 9g tungsten tip weights. 

Edited by ARL67

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Titleist TSi2 10*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrids  |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

As I reported earlier in the thread, my clubs were inexpensive off Ebay as an experiment.  They are clones of my actual rocketbladz.  I am actually liking these things a lot.  As far as gapping goes, and keep in mind this is a cheap, unfitted set, but my biggest gap falls between the pw and 52 gw.  I have a normal 3 and 4 hybrid, 5-pw OL, and 52,56,60.  My biggest gap failure is between the the pw and gw. I wish I had a 50,54,58 set up. Without knowing off the top of my head, I am sure the pw in this set is strong like my taylormades.

I think going to a condensed set would benefit the avg Joe more than SL. By this I mean, take the top end of the bag down 5% in length until the mid irons, then gradually blend them in with the wedges at normal length. Possibly 1/4" increments throughout an iron set instead of 1/2", and maybe 3/8"-1/2" towards the top end. Something like that would have more promise for the general pop.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

15 hours ago, branson87 said:

No they’re all the same length as the sets 7 iron. Their 7 is as long as my 6 in mizunos standard lengths. 

Same 7i length as their variable length Speedzones or Callaway Big Bertha. .25" longer than than Callaway Apex or Titleist T100. 

So yeah - the One Length set is based on a 7i length. 

On 9/23/2020 at 6:45 AM, games said:

Those who say "if they worked, the pros would all be using them" clearly do not understand the culture of golf and the golf industry.

The OEMs are built on a model of a "stock" shaft and "specialty" heads (different lofts, weights, lies).  That's how clubs are made, so that's how they're used.

In connection with that, instruction is predicated on the equipment being produced.  Different length irons increases the lesson time to devote to "wedges, short irons, mid-irons and long irons."  Right?

Bryson pierced the veil.  A pro golfer's "inventory" is practice and conditioning time.  Bryson's SL irons, allow him to spend less time and energy practicing irons, and devote more time to conditioning, driving and putting.  Whether intended or not is irrelevant.  That is the result.  As far as the masses, current variability in iron lengths creates additional instruction time and fees.  One length irons means less lesson time.

Will the industry change?  Follow the money!  Right now, the culture of golfers reflects the industry.  The traditional country club blue bloods with the money for the latest annual OEM full bag purchase hate BD's swing and equipment (and how dare he wear Hogan's cap)!  But, that core group is dwindling.

1. Anyone who knows anything about golf knows that Bryson's swing and Hogan's swing are nearly identical, Bryson just has a more erect posture.  Nobody would get upset at him wearing Hogan's cap.

2. He didn't "pierce the veil".  He's been playing SL since college, and he plays irons nothing like anyone who plays SL on this board plays with 71* lie angles and jumbo grips.  He found a way of developing a repeating swing, and won a single major.  If he wins 15 we can start talking about him "revolutionizing golf" for people who are not insanely strong and been using SL in top-level competition for 20 years already.  Most of the people on these boards would need a whole lot of practice (decades, in Bryson's case) not less.

3. Can you post how much time Bryson has spent on each part of his game since he switched to single-length when he arrived at SMU (circa 2011-ish)?  You seem to know and I'd find that really interesting.

The pros are not all using them because the pros didn't play them from before college.  If you put a SL set in 16-year-old Tiger Woods' hands, he'd be pretty good by the time he was 25.

SL is cool, and have their place, but its not a light switch.  Most amateurs can't hit a 7 iron consistently, so switching to all 7 irons doesn't seem great.  SL can be great but its not a revolution.  There were SL players in the 50s.

• Haha 1

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Ok smart fella, I said I don't love hitting a 6 iron. "I" as in me. So i'm probably talking about my own clubs, which are MIzuno MP's. MP 6 iron is 37.25, cobra one length are 37.25. Plus for you to say anything is based on a 7 iron is ignorant to the fact that lots of irons are jacked in length and loft to make you feel like you hit it further than you do. 7 irons are different across manufacturers not to mention within the manufacturers across their own lines of clubs. So again, I don't want a PW that's the length of MY 6 iron.

27 minutes ago, xkilgorextroutx said:

Same 7i length as their variable length Speedzones or Callaway Big Bertha. .25" longer than than Callaway Apex or Titleist T100. 

So yeah - the One Length set is based on a 7i length. 

Ok smart fella, I said I don't love hitting a 6 iron. "I" as in me. So i'm probably talking about my own clubs, which are MIzuno MP's. MP 6 iron is 37.25, cobra one length are 37.25. Plus for you to say anything is based on a 7 iron is ignorant to the fact that lots of irons are jacked in length and loft to make you feel like you hit it further than you do. 7 irons are different across manufacturers not to mention within the manufacturers across their own lines of clubs. So again, I don't want a PW that's the length of MY 6 iron.

Just now, branson87 said:

No, its good.  Bryson won the open with SL.  Over the past forty years, its 159 majors won with VL and 1 major one with SL.  Obviously he's cracked the code.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

3 minutes ago, pinestreetgolf said:

No, its good.  Bryson won the open with SL.  Over the past forty years, its 159 majors won with VL and 1 major one with SL.  Obviously he's cracked the code.

I don't think its a bad idea or tech, but Bryson is what? 6'2? I'm 5'9, so its short-sided(pun not intended) to buy something off the shelf thats working for a taller person. He got all his clubs to 7 iron length but he's taller than me so I would need at least a 1/2" cut across the board. I think my buddy that is 6'5 could really benefit from them. He has an inch added to his clubs so 37.25 is basically between a 8 and 9 iron for him. Wishon Golf at least gives you 3 length choices in their single lengths. 

51 minutes ago, branson87 said:

I didn't say it was based on 7i length.

Cobra did.

I just pointed out that it's the same length, or very close to the same length, as 7 irons in other SGI and GI lines. 

So Cobra's OL clubs are based on a standard 7 iron.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, SugarLandGolfer said:

6/7 one length irons

I played the OL 5H when I bought my F8 OL set originally, even though I didn't need the help at the top, traded them away for a set of Wilson V6s, as I just couldn't get a feel at the lower end of the bag and I didn't like hitting my PW 140! Then bought a OL 4H and loved the crap out of it. Just found a matching 4i for my set (can't hit it worth a damn my first 2 times out with it); went out and found the OL 3H and it's my go to fairway finder club at 230ish. Really thinking about putting a 4H back in my bag, it's just so much easier to hit.

Edited by BraxtonFullerton

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

Still has nothing to do with my club length, which was what I said from the beginning and remains true. I don't love hitting my 6 iron(37.25 @ 30 degrees) So I definitely don't want to buy a whole set, especially the f8 one lengths(37.5) of MY 6 iron lengths. You pointing out that its actually a 7 iron length, is hardly constructive when I'm talking about it compared to a set that you know nothing about. The fact that cobra makes their 7 iron the same loft and length as my 6 isn't even relevant. It doesn't matter if that was their 5 iron spec. All I was saying is I don't want to go to that length in every club. They start making a great set at 36.25 and I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, branson87 said:

Still has nothing to do with my club length, which was what I said from the beginning and remains true. I don't love hitting my 6 iron(37.25 @ 30 degrees) So I definitely don't want to buy a whole set, especially the f8 one lengths(37.5) of MY 6 iron lengths. You pointing out that its actually a 7 iron length, is hardly constructive when I'm talking about it compared to a set that you know nothing about. The fact that cobra makes their 7 iron the same loft and length as my 6 isn't even relevant. It doesn't matter if that was their 5 iron spec. All I was saying is I don't want to go to that length in every club. They start making a great set at 36.25 and I'll look into it.

most clubs can be adjusted on length and lie. If you like 36.25, couldn’t you have it adjusted?