Best Privates in Sarasota Area

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since there are so many good courses in Sarasota, once we decided when we were going to build, I looked at the courses close by, since I go to the golf course 4-6 days a week.  We built in the new Wat

Believe LWR is $30K.  All 3 properties offer good golf, IMO UP is the better golf experience.  Esplanade wants to go private, the course is good but still needs to grow in a bit.  It’s tough IMO to di

I am biased.  I am a member of The Founders and really like the ambiance... the practice facility, the people, there are lots of groups that you can play with, and the golf course.  I joined this Summer to avoid the crowds at Legacy Golf Club where I was and still am a member.  It worked out great.

Now if I had the $125K for initiation fee, maybe I would consider Concessions.

TPC Prestancia is okay, I would not join.  Didn't like either of the courses, nor the practice facility (range and practice green)

Just Juan person's opinion.

Tpc would be approx 5k

founders i think is 12.5

Laurel oak is 11.5.  Can make payments  until your 50 on the initiation
sara bay not sure , but they’ve been advertising for members , so maybe a few grand 

Lakewood Ranch For regular is 25k so maybe half of that 

a lot of your decision should  depend on where you live 

16 hours ago, GolfSRQ said:

This is a good list.   Lakewood National is a few members away from being private so play now if you like it. 

Lakewood ranch country club better than tpc 

and omit gator as you won’t get in there 

Played National on Saturday, asked about memberships and they said they will not have any memberships available unless you live inside the gates, then its part of the HOA.

My list was based off the question of Top, not which ones to join.

Concession is reasonable if you live outside 50 miles. Then its only $25K to join, not $125K

I’m staying in Tampa and going to streamsong to play a couple of rounds. Then maybe world woods and wanted to check out either Calusa Pines or concession. Has anyone played Calusa Pines? My budget does not allow me to play both CP and concession. Assuming, I can get on at CP, i’d probably pick that over concession. But I’m not very familiar with southwest Florida golf. 

Do you have an “in” for Concession?  I have a buddy who is an out of state member and I play it when he comes down to visit.. Typically need a reciprocity call.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:41 PM, jspitzmiller said:

I’m staying in Tampa and going to streamsong to play a couple of rounds. Then maybe world woods and wanted to check out either Calusa Pines or concession. Has anyone played Calusa Pines? My budget does not allow me to play both CP and concession. Assuming, I can get on at CP, i’d probably pick that over concession. But I’m not very familiar with southwest Florida golf. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 2:15 PM, ttm27 said:

Going to look at houses in Lakewood Ranch next month.  Want to look into Esplanade, Lakewood Ranch CC and University Park.  Anyone played al three that can share their opinions?  Also initiation fees at each if anyone knows. Someone earlier mentioned LAkewood Ranch at $25k.  Would appreciate any insight!  

Believe LWR is $30K.  All 3 properties offer good golf, IMO UP is the better golf experience.  Esplanade wants to go private, the course is good but still needs to grow in a bit.  It’s tough IMO to differentiate it from Lakewood National Commander and Piper.  Lots of folks moving into that area right now and more to come.  A 2nd Esplanade course, Azaria, opened this summer and I believe one of the new neighborhoods has another course routed.  If money isn’t an issue The Concession is the play and call it a day.

• Like 1

Since there are so many good courses in Sarasota, once we decided when we were going to build, I looked at the courses close by, since I go to the golf course 4-6 days a week.  We built in the new Waterside area -- specifically LakeHouse Cove.  So I am about the same distance to Concessions, Founders Club, Legacy and Lakewood Ranch G&CC. 

Since I was not joining Concessions, ... I looked at Legacy -- since it is semi-private, it gets VERY busy... some days they do almost 300 rounds!!  However, I did use their practice facility... they have a great deal of about $40/month all the range balls you want to hit, and reduced green fees.  Met some really nice people on the range.  Just tough to get on the golf course when I wanted.

So it was a choice between LWRG&CC and Founders.   We joined LWRG&CC as social and fitness members... with the idea that if we liked the "ambiance" I would join the golf club. We were members for two years.  Never got a welcoming feeling.... and even when we just left as members, ... it was not a warm experience. 

So I looked at The Founders Golf Club.... as a Summer member.  Really liked the people, the range, the ambiance, the food, the staff, the course, and... since it is a smaller club there is less traffic.  In a COVID-19 year  it was and is a perfect match.

THAT is my experience, ... if I lived in a more northern or southern part of LakeWood Ranch/Sarasota or more towards I-75 I might have joined somewhere else.. lots of great options like University Park, etc. etc.   Convenience was real important for me.

• Like 2