Ping i210 new version?

23 minutes ago, Here comes the Boom said:

I work for Ping and you are correct ....... COVID shut down the factory in AZ for 6 weeks then it reopened and then was shut down a few more times when workers came down with COVID and the factory had to be cleaned each time ..... our product is made in the USA not in other countries like everyone else so that’s why the big delays ........ also had delays from other suppliers like shaft companies ....... 2020 was a down year and we will start over in 2021 and come back strong !!!!

Ping iron heads are made in the USA?  Not China?

Edited by Steele47

4 hours ago, Steele47 said:

Oh,  nice to hear.  Whereabouts in USA then?   

The vast majority of Ping heads are made in China like everyone else. They stopped made in USA heads 5-10 years ago. Club assembly is in Phoenix

Edited by Bad9
  • Like 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

15 minutes ago, Strategery said:

The Office No GIF

yup. I think you have to go back to the I5 or something when they last cast club heads in the US.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

As if a Ford is an "American" car.

Assembly is the hard part. Make the pieces in China; fine. It's the assembly you want to be at a high tolerance.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, DonOmar said:

I saw on THP’s IG this morning that ping irons were already out overseas but not in the US. I’m assuming that may have just been in reference to the g425 irons that we’ve already seen, and not the i210 or iblade replacement. I figured I’d consult the experts and see if I missed anything.  

maybe you have, just not hereconfused dog GIF by HIF Australia

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In a way, they'd be insane to change them. The i210s have been winning all over the globe at an astonishing rate for "game improvement" iron - though I imagine that label may be gone now. They're just GOAT irons. I love my Blueprints, and they win plenty, but there are no faults in the 210.

I wish they'd make a black version, and maybe even offer a low bounce version… but don't mess with it too much… I imagine they're figuring out how to use a constant elastomer and use a screw for toe mass like the 410/425. 

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

5 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

In a way, they'd be insane to change them. The i210s have been winning all over the globe at an astonishing rate for "game improvement" iron - though I imagine that label may be gone now. They're just GOAT irons. I love my Blueprints, and they win plenty, but there are no faults in the 210.

I wish they'd make a black version, and maybe even offer a low bounce version… but don't mess with it too much… I imagine they're figuring out how to use a constant elastomer and use a screw for toe mass like the 410/425. 

I could be wrong... but “game improvement iron”? At what point in their product life cycle were they considered a GI? I think most would agree that while having forgiving and distance enhancing properties that expand the “handicap range” for these irons, they still fall into the players side of the spectrum. Regardless, you are correct they are incredible irons and I’m desperately waiting to see what comes out next so I can weigh my options for my next set of irons in ‘21. 

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

23 minutes ago, dhen9 said:

With nearly every LPGA staffer and several PGA staffers using these irons can they be called "game Improvement"? I mean, the best ball strikers on the planet use them so the game Improvement genre might be a stretch, no? Keep in mind I'd game em in a heartbeat. 

I210 seem like the very definition of a game improvement iron. They have the characteristics, whether its offset or sole width or moi, etc. They also have the heritage since the I series descends from the eye2, the original and perhaps GOAT game improvement iron. That the i210 and eye2 before shows tour use doesnt mean its no longer game improvement. Rather, its a compliment to the designers that they can design a game improvement club that also provides the precision pros demand. 

That said, these categories aren't all that meaningful. Its whatever works. and club designers have gotten really good at making clubs that are both very forgiving and playable by pros. While the G410 is around for super game improvement clubs, the i210 is as forgiving if not more so than some of the older G series models. If we took the i210 back 20 years ago, it might be considered SGI even. So it goes. Even the iblade has GI forgiveness, albeit with a lot less offset/sole width. The older categories don't always fit what today's designers can make. But in the i210, Ping has managed to turn a club that is at its heart a GI club into sthg the best player's in the world have no trouble gaming. That's a good thing....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think they will announce these new players irons until well after the full G425 launch has run for a few months.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I just bought some i210s off the bay.  Going to Bandon in June and i am thinking its becoming less and less likely that we’ll see a replacement.  I am going to do a compare w/ my cb620s but plan is to be fully dialed in for the trip.  

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

6 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

I might be in the minority but if love to see them make a full set based on the Glide 3.0 wedges, though with a better name obviously. 

There is virtually no difference between my Glide 3.0 50* and my i210 U wedge. What would it be that you hope would be different throughout the rest of the set (compared to the i210's)? Maybe a teeny tiny less forgiving (which is a bit crazy since the best players in the world are winning all kinds of tournaments with the i210's)?

My i210’s are supposed to ship the first week of January, but who knows?

Order date was Oct 13.

Hoping to get them in January sometime.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

On 12/16/2020 at 2:29 AM, karstens_ghost said:

It’s the archer, not the arrow.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

On 12/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, ALIF said:

I might get the "bounce grind" done on mine to reduce the bounce a little. That's my only gripe about them is a little too much junk in the trunk.

Is there anywhere to find more info on this?  I've seen the heel grind and some other things before but have not heard about this bounce grind.  Thanks in advance to you or anyone who can share more insight on this.

DM'ed one of the golf club guys who always seems to drop early info/photos of new clubs coming out on Instagram recently about the i59 release. He stated the i59, i510, and iblade 2.0 should all be coming in 2021 with the iblade 2.0 coming hopefully around Q2 and the i59 Q3/4. Stated the i59 would be the i210 replacement. Personally, I'll be holding off purchasing any clubs until I see the i59 as I planned on purchasing the i210 before news of the i59 dropped. Wished it were happening sooner, but I understand Ping's situation pertaining to Covid. Could be wrong, but found the insight interesting. 

Edited by BDowning
  • Like 1

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

1 hour ago, boggyman said:

Not a 210 exactly but oh myyyyyy.....

5E1FCECB-48D1-4EA8-989F-4409264D0B9D.jpeg

Look a lot smaller then the i210. Curious about top line, sole pictures. Looks more like a Blueprint then a i210. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

So we know which way they're going.

i59 is Blueprint2, and the i210 might stick around a while. There is no "i225" trademark… there's a Glide 4, and Glide Forged 2, but absolutely nothing obvious for an iron change.

So put me down for i210 in black, or something, but I'm guessing 2021 will not be a change in branding. I do think there is no more iBlade 'category'. You're either getting these 59's, or you're getting a 210 with an insert.

Interesting times, and if I'm right, I think a great call.