• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work for Ping and you are correct ....... COVID shut down the factory in AZ for 6 weeks then it reopened and then was shut down a few more times when workers came down with COVID and the factory had

Because they don't release new clubs on your schedule? They are a privately held company, no shareholders to appease. iBlades have been out 4+ years. They don't release new clubs until they have somet

That's a craptastic way of describing a club that's been available to the public for 16 months.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Here comes the Boom said:

I work for Ping and you are correct ....... COVID shut down the factory in AZ for 6 weeks then it reopened and then was shut down a few more times when workers came down with COVID and the factory had to be cleaned each time ..... our product is made in the USA not in other countries like everyone else so that’s why the big delays ........ also had delays from other suppliers like shaft companies ....... 2020 was a down year and we will start over in 2021 and come back strong !!!!

Ping iron heads are made in the USA?  Not China?

Edited by Steele47
4 hours ago, Steele47 said:

Oh,  nice to hear.  Whereabouts in USA then?   

The vast majority of Ping heads are made in China like everyone else. They stopped made in USA heads 5-10 years ago. Club assembly is in Phoenix

Edited by Bad9
  • Like 3

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

15 minutes ago, Strategery said:

The Office No GIF

yup. I think you have to go back to the I5 or something when they last cast club heads in the US.

• Like 2

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

As if a Ford is an "American" car.

Assembly is the hard part. Make the pieces in China; fine. It's the assembly you want to be at a high tolerance.

• Like 1

410LST 8º, 2h 15.5º, 3h 20º, 210 4i, Blueprint s400ti, forged 50/54/58, fetch with breakthrough shaft. First par round 4 Oct 2020.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, DonOmar said:

I saw on THP’s IG this morning that ping irons were already out overseas but not in the US. I’m assuming that may have just been in reference to the g425 irons that we’ve already seen, and not the i210 or iblade replacement. I figured I’d consult the experts and see if I missed anything.  

maybe you have, just not hereconfused dog GIF by HIF Australia

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In a way, they'd be insane to change them. The i210s have been winning all over the globe at an astonishing rate for "game improvement" iron - though I imagine that label may be gone now. They're just GOAT irons. I love my Blueprints, and they win plenty, but there are no faults in the 210.

I wish they'd make a black version, and maybe even offer a low bounce version… but don't mess with it too much… I imagine they're figuring out how to use a constant elastomer and use a screw for toe mass like the 410/425. 

• Like 2

410LST 8º, 2h 15.5º, 3h 20º, 210 4i, Blueprint s400ti, forged 50/54/58, fetch with breakthrough shaft. First par round 4 Oct 2020.

5 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

In a way, they'd be insane to change them. The i210s have been winning all over the globe at an astonishing rate for "game improvement" iron - though I imagine that label may be gone now. They're just GOAT irons. I love my Blueprints, and they win plenty, but there are no faults in the 210.

I wish they'd make a black version, and maybe even offer a low bounce version… but don't mess with it too much… I imagine they're figuring out how to use a constant elastomer and use a screw for toe mass like the 410/425. 

I could be wrong... but “game improvement iron”? At what point in their product life cycle were they considered a GI? I think most would agree that while having forgiving and distance enhancing properties that expand the “handicap range” for these irons, they still fall into the players side of the spectrum. Regardless, you are correct they are incredible irons and I’m desperately waiting to see what comes out next so I can weigh my options for my next set of irons in ‘21. 

• Like 2

TaylorMade SIM2 7.25º | Raijin Black 65X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
TaylorMade SIM 19º | Ventus Blue 9X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey 52ºF, 56ºD, 60ºLow K  | KBS $-Taper 130X
PXG Mini Gunboat - Gen 2

23 minutes ago, dhen9 said:

With nearly every LPGA staffer and several PGA staffers using these irons can they be called "game Improvement"? I mean, the best ball strikers on the planet use them so the game Improvement genre might be a stretch, no? Keep in mind I'd game em in a heartbeat. 

I210 seem like the very definition of a game improvement iron. They have the characteristics, whether its offset or sole width or moi, etc. They also have the heritage since the I series descends from the eye2, the original and perhaps GOAT game improvement iron. That the i210 and eye2 before shows tour use doesnt mean its no longer game improvement. Rather, its a compliment to the designers that they can design a game improvement club that also provides the precision pros demand. 

That said, these categories aren't all that meaningful. Its whatever works. and club designers have gotten really good at making clubs that are both very forgiving and playable by pros. While the G410 is around for super game improvement clubs, the i210 is as forgiving if not more so than some of the older G series models. If we took the i210 back 20 years ago, it might be considered SGI even. So it goes. Even the iblade has GI forgiveness, albeit with a lot less offset/sole width. The older categories don't always fit what today's designers can make. But in the i210, Ping has managed to turn a club that is at its heart a GI club into sthg the best player's in the world have no trouble gaming. That's a good thing....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think they will announce these new players irons until well after the full G425 launch has run for a few months.

• Like 1

Tsi3 9* Ventus Black 6S
SIM Ti 3 wood, stock shaft
Mizuno CLK 19* Tensei White 90tx
PING G425 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
Zipcore Black 50, 54 Full
Fourteen RM4 60H
Newport 2 

I just bought some i210s off the bay.  Going to Bandon in June and i am thinking its becoming less and less likely that we’ll see a replacement.  I am going to do a compare w/ my cb620s but plan is to be fully dialed in for the trip.  

SIM 9 Degree set to 10.5 - AD IZ 6TX w/ TP adaptor - plays 44.5"

SIM MAX Ventus Blue 6S - std length

SIM Max 19 Hybrid HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist U510 4I - HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist 620CB 5I-9I - Modus 120X pured/hard stepped, 1 flat

Titleist 620MB PW & Vokey SM8 Raw 50.08F bent 1 weak, 2 flat - X100

Vokey SM8 Raw 54.10S bent 1 weak, 2 flat - S400

Vokey SM8 WW Raw 60 Low K bent 2 flat - S400

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna Two - 36" 

ProV1x - #41

6 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

I might be in the minority but if love to see them make a full set based on the Glide 3.0 wedges, though with a better name obviously. 

There is virtually no difference between my Glide 3.0 50* and my i210 U wedge. What would it be that you hope would be different throughout the rest of the set (compared to the i210's)? Maybe a teeny tiny less forgiving (which is a bit crazy since the best players in the world are winning all kinds of tournaments with the i210's)?

My i210’s are supposed to ship the first week of January, but who knows?

Order date was Oct 13.

Hoping to get them in January sometime.

Srixon ZX5
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made Sim2 Rescue 4,5 
Ping i210 6-PW Ping graphite
Cobra Black MIM 50, 54, 58 Nippon Tour 105
Scotty Cameron Futura X 8 Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Tp5X, Maxfli Tour

On 12/16/2020 at 2:29 AM, karstens_ghost said:

It’s the archer, not the arrow.

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
Spider X Chalk

On 12/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, ALIF said:

I might get the "bounce grind" done on mine to reduce the bounce a little. That's my only gripe about them is a little too much junk in the trunk.

Is there anywhere to find more info on this?  I've seen the heel grind and some other things before but have not heard about this bounce grind.  Thanks in advance to you or anyone who can share more insight on this.

DM'ed one of the golf club guys who always seems to drop early info/photos of new clubs coming out on Instagram recently about the i59 release. He stated the i59, i510, and iblade 2.0 should all be coming in 2021 with the iblade 2.0 coming hopefully around Q2 and the i59 Q3/4. Stated the i59 would be the i210 replacement. Personally, I'll be holding off purchasing any clubs until I see the i59 as I planned on purchasing the i210 before news of the i59 dropped. Wished it were happening sooner, but I understand Ping's situation pertaining to Covid. Could be wrong, but found the insight interesting. 

Edited by BDowning
  • Like 1

Taylormade Sim2 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 85

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, boggyman said:

Not a 210 exactly but oh myyyyyy.....

5E1FCECB-48D1-4EA8-989F-4409264D0B9D.jpeg

Look a lot smaller then the i210. Curious about top line, sole pictures. Looks more like a Blueprint then a i210. 

• Like 3

Taylormade Sim2 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 85

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1

So we know which way they're going.

i59 is Blueprint2, and the i210 might stick around a while. There is no "i225" trademark… there's a Glide 4, and Glide Forged 2, but absolutely nothing obvious for an iron change.

So put me down for i210 in black, or something, but I'm guessing 2021 will not be a change in branding. I do think there is no more iBlade 'category'. You're either getting these 59's, or you're getting a 210 with an insert.

Interesting times, and if I'm right, I think a great call.