EVNROLL ER2 - Thoughts?

TylerJ89

For everyone who has or has tried the EVNROLL ER2 putter, what are your thoughts?  I’ve been reading/watching videos on them and they seem like great putters.

Looks like their wording of “loft” is a little different than the ordinary manufacturers.  On their website it says “Face Loft - 2 degrees from shaft” instead of the normal “3 degrees”.  What does that mean?  Does that mean that their standard is 2 degrees of loft or is it measured differently that I’m not aware of?

Also, does anyone know when the ER2B will be back in stock?  Looks like they’re out right now.

I have yet to roll one, but am very interested in them.  

Edited by TylerJ89

I have hit the Evnroll's many times. The 2 is good. Actually they are all good EXCEPT I can't stand the sound on the 5. Which is the type of putter I play. The feel is great, just wish they could get the sound right. It reminds me of a old Knight putter my uncle gave to me when I was 13. When you hit the ball it has a high pitched ring that is like fingernails on a chalk board. If they could get the sound to a Odyssey or my Scotty, I would be all over it. It rolls better than both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean2 said:

I have the ER2 Black. Did a lot of experimenting before I bought it last January. I like it a lot...the balance, the weight, the feel. I have never putted better. Look great too. 

Love to hear that.  I know Rick Shiels has the ER2 and he also said it’s the best putter he’s ever used.  He’s had it for a while now, which is unlike him.  I’m going to the PGASS next week sometime and I’m hoping they have some there to try out. 

Edited by TylerJ89

14 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

Love to hear that.  I know Rick Shiels has the ER2 and he also said it’s the best putter he’s ever used.  He’s had it for a while now, which is unlike him.  I’m going to the PGASS next week sometime and I’m hoping they have some there to try out. 

I brought my old putter into the store, compared it with other putters over a two day period, but kept coming back to the ER2. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sean2 said:

I brought my old putter into the store, compared it with other putters over a two day period, but kept coming back to the ER2. Good luck!

Yeah that’s my plan.  I think I’ll probably like it a lot.  I had an Odyssey O Works 3T for a while and I loved the way it looked.  It was all black, with a black shaft, and had a single bend (I hate double bends).  It fit my eye perfectly and set up so square.  The insert was WAY too soft though and it was only like 3°-4° toe hang.  I need something right around 20° which is what the ER2B has and it’s all black.  I’m hoping this will be the ticket.  

Now I just hope PGASS has them in stock to roll.

• Like 1

I play the ER2 as well with the gravity grip, I'm about 20-25 rounds in with it. Took some adjustment initially coming from a SC Newport that has been in my bag since 2000. As a lefty my options are limited but the ER2 looked "right" to me from the start. I had early trouble with random "hot" putts from 15ish feet going 5 feet long but it didn't take me long to figure out. Most consistent roll and easy to start on line, even on delicate downhill putts. Both my putts per green and putts per GIR are down 2/10ths over my 4 year stat history. Mostly due to better lag putting. Completely unscientific analysis here... it gets the ball rolling MUCH sooner than my Cameron does, maybe the lower loft? Maybe the face milling? Maybe the grip? I'm not really sure but it has made distance control much more predictable for me once I adjusted to the weight and the grip.

33.5 inches, 370 gram, standard loft and lie.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Long_Left said:

I play the ER2 as well with the gravity grip, I'm about 20-25 rounds in with it. Took some adjustment initially coming from a SC Newport that has been in my bag since 2000. As a lefty my options are limited but the ER2 looked "right" to me from the start. I had early trouble with random "hot" putts from 15ish feet going 5 feet long but it didn't take me long to figure out. Most consistent roll and easy to start on line, even on delicate downhill putts. Both my putts per green and putts per GIR are down 2/10ths over my 4 year stat history. Mostly due to better lag putting. Completely unscientific analysis here... it gets the ball rolling MUCH sooner than my Cameron does, maybe the lower loft? Maybe the face milling? Maybe the grip? I'm not really sure but it has made distance control much more predictable for me once I adjusted to the weight and the grip.

33.5 inches, 370 gram, standard loft and lie.

This was a great post.  Thanks for taking the time to write it.  I currently have a Spider X slant neck at 34.5” / 1° upright / 1.5° loft.  While I do enjoy this putter, I think something with a little less toe hang would suit me better.  I’ve always been a face balanced/very little toe hang guy so this Spider X has taken some getting used to.  I’m still not completely comfortable with it.  

I just love the look of a murdered out putter and I’ve always used single bend shafts.  I think this just fits the bill.  I still haven’t rolled it yet, but hoping to next week. 

The gravity grip really intrigues me as well.  I’ve always used a SuperStroke 2.0 Pistol CounterCore with the 50g weight in it and I think it would be similar to the gravity grip.  

I can’t wait to try it out.  

Could you take a picture of the toe hang on the ER2 by chance?  I’ve watched a ton of videos and read forums but can’t find a pic of it.  I know it says 22°, but would love to see a pic lol

Thanks again for the detailed response 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:43 PM, TylerJ89 said:

For everyone who has or has tried the EVNROLL ER2 putter, what are your thoughts?  I’ve been reading/watching videos on them and they seem like great putters.

Looks like their wording of “loft” is a little different than the ordinary manufacturers.  On their website it says “Face Loft - 2 degrees from shaft” instead of the normal “3 degrees”.  What does that mean?  Does that mean that their standard is 2 degrees of loft or is it measured differently that I’m not aware of?

Also, does anyone know when the ER2B will be back in stock?  Looks like they’re out right now.

I have yet to roll one, but am very interested in them.  

I had an ER2B with the Gravity Grip for a while last fall.  I absolutely adored the putter on carpet, but I couldn’t putt worth a squat with it on grass.  It was really disappointing for me.  I prolly had about 5-6 rounds on it before I gave up.  I wound up replacing it with a 2014 Cameron Squareback (yes, the one with the big red plus sign) and the Scotty has been money for me.

Edited by stormin70
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 D (10.0*) HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60

Titleist TS2 F (16.5*) Tensei AV Blue 65

Titleist TS2 H (21.0*) Tensei AV Blue 70

PING i525 Irons (4-PW) Project X IO 105

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50) DG Spinner
Cleveland RTX Full Face (56) DG Spinner
Bettinardi BB-8 Wide (SuperStroke 1.0)

I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews on this.  I’d have to say most of them have been good reviews, but definitely a handful of bad ones.  I’ll just have to see for myself.  Most of the bad reviews are of people over shooting the hole and not being able to get used to the heaviness of it.  I am definitely going to try it with the gravity grip.  I may just end up buying it sight unseen and selling if I don’t like it.  I have a Spider X slant neck now and like it, but it feels like it might have just a little too much toe hang.  Not really sure yet lol 

1 hour ago, TylerJ89 said:

I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews on this.  I’d have to say most of them have been good reviews, but definitely a handful of bad ones.  I’ll just have to see for myself.  Most of the bad reviews are of people over shooting the hole and not being able to get used to the heaviness of it.  I am definitely going to try it with the gravity grip.  I may just end up buying it sight unseen and selling if I don’t like it.  I have a Spider X slant neck now and like it, but it feels like it might have just a little too much toe hang.  Not really sure yet lol 

If anything you’ll leave it short. Balls come off the center of Evnrolls really dead because of the milling. 

• Like 1

Its a very easy putter to use.  I have better distance control and feel with this putter.

I did replace the grip with a Super Stroke and added a counterweight. Really changed this putter for me. My confidence on all sorts of putts was something that was missing for me with other putters.

I would recommend considering the gravity weighted grip from Evnroll. I opted for the Super Stroke cause the gravity grip was not available from Evnroll at the time, but I was sure that the counterweight would be simular. Made this putters performance shine. 

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

On 9/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, thesamwise said:

This was my experience, too. It was a weird, muted feel. I really wanted mine to work but couldn’t trust it. 

That's the idea, similar to Ping with the TR grooves.   It's easier to make the sweet spot "deader" than it is to make the off center parts livelier.   Problem then becomes that a pure strike doesn't feel as good, and that's different from what we've all come to expect with regards to feedback, even if we know that's how it's supposed to work.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, BlkNGld said:

That's the idea, similar to Ping with the TR grooves.   It's easier to make the sweet spot "deader" than it is to make the off center parts livelier.   Problem then becomes that a pure strike doesn't feel as good, and that's different from what we've all come to expect with regards to feedback, even if we know that's how it's supposed to work.

Roger that. Weird, though. I switched from a Ping with TR grooves to the Evnroll and then back to the Ping with TRs. It felt like coming home again. The two putters don't feel similar to me at all. The feel is not at all muted and dead for me, but I know a lot of this is somewhat subjective.

I agree that the difference isn't as dramatic with the Pings, possibly due to the insert.    Also IIRC, the TR grooves got a rework (presumably because the implementation was too close to Evnroll's proprietary one).

While I prefer the feel of the Evnroll, I feel that some models accentuate the unique feel more than others.    I'm not sure if it has to do with the head design, if the groove configuration is tweaked for different designs, or as is always possible it's all in my head 😉

On 9/24/2020 at 11:11 AM, TylerJ89 said:

This was a great post.  Thanks for taking the time to write it.  I currently have a Spider X slant neck at 34.5” / 1° upright / 1.5° loft.  While I do enjoy this putter, I think something with a little less toe hang would suit me better.  I’ve always been a face balanced/very little toe hang guy so this Spider X has taken some getting used to.  I’m still not completely comfortable with it.  

I just love the look of a murdered out putter and I’ve always used single bend shafts.  I think this just fits the bill.  I still haven’t rolled it yet, but hoping to next week. 

The gravity grip really intrigues me as well.  I’ve always used a SuperStroke 2.0 Pistol CounterCore with the 50g weight in it and I think it would be similar to the gravity grip.  

I can’t wait to try it out.  

Could you take a picture of the toe hang on the ER2 by chance?  I’ve watched a ton of videos and read forums but can’t find a pic of it.  I know it says 22°, but would love to see a pic lol

Thanks again for the detailed response 

Apologies for the slow response, just returned to real life from a week of golf 😁 Not 100% sure if this is what you’re looking for but I’m happy to try again if needed. 

AAB7B776-5DFA-424F-95C2-5C2798286CAA.jpeg

B9577951-A7D1-4F75-BE23-CAF1BFE803C3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Long_Left said:

Apologies for the slow response, just returned to real life from a week of golf 😁 Not 100% sure if this is what you’re looking for but I’m happy to try again if needed. 

AAB7B776-5DFA-424F-95C2-5C2798286CAA.jpeg

B9577951-A7D1-4F75-BE23-CAF1BFE803C3.jpeg

That is perfect!  I ordered one without testing it so we will see.  If I don’t like it, I’m sure I can get most of my money back on BST.  Thank you sir!

I tried the ER2 in place of a odyssey 1W. It looked great set up well but just did not work for me . I felt like I did not know where the ball was going once I hit it. I am not sure why but that's probably why you need a fitting or at least test a few different configurations. My 2 cents

• Thanks 1

I finally got the chance to putt with one of the ER2’s at the PGASS.  It was okay.  I wasn’t super impressed.  I loved the way it looked and set up, but it was too tinny/metal feeling off the face for me.  I already bought one and it should be here next week (oops) but I’m going to send it back.

On another note, I picked up the LAB DF 2.1 and was absolutely blown away!  I picked it up as a joke because of how ugly it is.  The technology behind it just works.  I loved it!  I’m going to have to get over how it looks because it just flat out works.  So I Sent in a video of my putting stroke to them and they did an online fitting (which is supposed to be extremely accurate said by their CEO, Sam).

I also took a pic of the toe hang compared to a Spider X slant neck, and here is the side by side pic.

BD5185CA-538F-46E8-8DB0-FE5BC587F5DB.jpeg

• 1 month later...