Anyone still gaming OG Callaway GBB Epic

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm still gaming the original Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic driver. Has been a great performer for me over the years. Anyone else still gaming it? Or have you moved on to something better? If so has

I still remember the first swing you made with that club (sheds tear...). Good times   I moved on to the Mavrik Max. It's actually the only Callaway club i still use, though the full set i w

Still gaming original Epic SZ.  I have however owned most all of the newer Callaway models, as well as the Cobra F9 and the TM M3 and M5.  I always kept going back to the Epic SZ.  It's easily as long

I still see a ton of these at our club!  A lot of those folks crushing it too!

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Mizuno MP 18 MMC 5-PW with KBS C-taper Lite X-flex, hard-stepped 1x
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Just now, gregh729 said:

I'm still gaming the Epic SZ with the same shaft I had put in it when I got it. 9* adjusted to 10*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, stiff

I still remember the first swing you made with that club (sheds tear...). Good times

I moved on to the Mavrik Max. It's actually the only Callaway club i still use, though the full set i was fit for is still hanging around. I have a no trade-in policy for anything we got in SD, just for karma reasons

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Ping G410 LST 13 w/Ping Tour 75
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

Deschamps Blade 375g

haha! That was a whole lot of fun. I have a few other drivers, but the SZ is still the most consistent. That said, the pics of the Ping G425 look awesome.

I still have all of the clubs I got in SD. The wedges are worn almost smooth, so they are in the basement with the putter. I got a set of G410 irons over the summer and they are my main gamers. I'll switch back to the Callys when my wrists and shoulders are bothering me for the graphite shafts. The fairways are pretty much toast at this point and will be replaced this winter

Yes still use it. have a Rogue also but the epic is the one  I use the most. Bought the Rogue figuring it would replace the Epic, But it didn't

Callaway Rogue/Epic depending on my mood

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

Played until recently. Great driver, still as long as anything out there. Went to Ping for more forgiveness. 

This week`s Starting Line-Up:

Ping G400 LST 10* w/ Px Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
Rogue SZ 15* w/ Px Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
Cally 416 19* Hybrid w/ Diamana S+ 82g Stiff
Bridgestone J40 Combo 4-P w/ Steelfiber i95 Stiff
52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM5's
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

Funny I just started playing the OG Epic a couple of months ago. It has PX HZRDUS yellow 63x I believe. It just showed up at my door from Global Golf. I had recently traded in a bunch of old clubs with them and purchased a new Ping Glide 3.0 wedge to get an extra 50% trade in bonus. When the box showed up, I putit in the house thinking it was the wedge and didn't open for a few days. I finally opened it the night before I was going to play so I could try the wedge out and there was this driver, in pretty decent shape. Put in straight into the bag. Figured it was meant to be. Been hitting it pretty well. little more distance than the 913 D2 I had been playing. 

Still gaming original Epic SZ.  I have however owned most all of the newer Callaway models, as well as the Cobra F9 and the TM M3 and M5.  I always kept going back to the Epic SZ.  It's easily as long as any of the others, I love the sound, and I just hit better drives with it.  I'll keep riding this thing until it either breaks or something else finally beats it.

• Like 1

Callaway GBB Epic SZ
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W

Callaway Apex 3H
Callaway X Forged UT 21*, 24*, 27*, 30*
Callaway Apex Forged 8-PW
Callaway MD5 48*, 54*, 60*

I’ve still got my Epic SZ in the bag. I bought a Rogue SZ at the same time, but really just not a fan of it. It lives in the garage. When I catch the Epic flush, it is one of the longest drivers I’ve had, even as my clubhead speed has gone down significantly. The longest drive I’ve ever hit was with an old FT9 tour I-mix. I’ve always got along really well with callaway drivers.