Stronger Players - 7 wood?

Sabzor

I run Driver, 3W, 7W, 4H, 5H and the 7w is by far my favorite. Typically I can get 220-230 out of it with tight dispersion.

Not being the strongest player with about average swing speed, I run the Ping G410 with their Alta regular shaft. Off the tee on par 4's and long approach shots to par 5's the thing is just money and I can work it at will left or right.

Hatton had the G425 7w in the bag for his win this weekend

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

On 9/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, Sabzor said:

This season I switched out of 3 wood in favor of a 4 wood since I found 3 wood was getting too close to my driver off the tee making it kinda redundant. My SS is about 115+ and typically I carry D (295), 4W(250), 3h(220), then irons. Lately I've been interested in possibly swapping the hybrid for a 7 wood and wanted to see if there were any stronger players who did the same? Often you hear of it going too high but I feel that even the 4w is pretty optimal for me. My thought process is mainly around having 2 versatile distance woods starting around 250yds down - I figure off the tee if I need more than 250 I'm hitting driver anyway. Just curious with some of the pros we've seen lately doing the same thing.

Tons of Pros use 7W or really weak 5W.

Most of the TM guys are using 19* 5W and many of them have it lofted even higher. Justin Thomas' 5W I believe is lofted up to like 19.5* or something.

I remember an old Tiger video where he was testing clubs and said it's always better to be able to flight the ball naturally higher and bring it down if needed, versus hitting it too low and working harder to hit it higher in the air.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Driver (TS3)/4 wood (SLDR)/7 wood (Rogue), then 4-pw Forged Tec One Length (4 iron is a half inch longer with a driving iron shaft), 50/54/60 Hi Toe wedges.  Kind of stumbled across this setup as I trade a lot of gear but it's been such a good setup for me.  I'm approx a 6 hdcp with a driver ss of 110-115.  I can hit either fairway high or low, but if I really need a low, controlled shot I can hit the 4 iron.

Nnn

Edited by SwingBlade

Rogue ST MAX 10.5 Ventus Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 3W 5W 7W Ventus Velocore  Red 7S -1/2" D3

Miura CB57 4-PW KBS Tour Black Pearl S D5-D7

Miura K-grind 52, 56, 60, & 64 KBS Wedge S D8

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794) Pro V1x; Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder

Backup/travel/OnDeck:  Cobra LTDx 10.5 HZRDUS Blue 6S 43.5” D3; Cobra LTDx 5W HZRDUS Blue 6S D3; Cobra F9 7W HZRDUS Blue 6S D3; MP-64's KBS Tour S D4; Vokey SM8 Raw 52 F-12, 56 S-10, & 60 L-04 TT Wedge S200 D5.

I will be testing 7 woods in the near future. I have a 3 hybrid, which  I like most times, but have hit some of the biggest snap hooks of any club I've ever owned. I play a 4 wood over a 3 wood due to de lofting through impact. After reading all of this a 7 wood seems like it could fit the bill nicely.

Probably depends on your gapping - browsing this thread, it seems players with high swing speed are hitting lower lofts too far and seem to be going more towards higher lofted woods.

I am not blessed with great CHS - I still go 3 or 4 wd, a 5 wd and then a 19 or 22 Hy before I get to 5i.

If I went 7 wd, I would go 41 inches for more consistency.

I like 1 inch between woods - 3/4 wood at 43, 5 wd at 42, then 7 wd at 41 in. But it depends on your choice of woods, gapping and yardage targets.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps, Wannabe Novelist

• Ping G425 Max 10.5 (at 9)/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45.5 in.
  • Callaway Rogue ST Max 9 (at 10) TPT 19 Hi @44 in. (Driver 2)
  • Callaway Rogue ST Max 3HL/MMT60
  • Ping G425 4H/TPT Golf
  • Mizuno 223 5-PW/Recoil 95
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 
  • Artisan 0321 Putter

9 hours ago, SwingMan said:

Probably depends on your gapping - browsing this thread, it seems players with high swing speed are hitting lower lofts too far and seem to be going more towards higher lofted woods.

I am not blessed with great CHS - I still go 3 or 4 wd, a 5 wd and then a 19 or 22 Hy before I get to 5i.

If I went 7 wd, I would go 41 inches for more consistency.

I like 1 inch between woods - 3/4 wood at 43, 5 wd at 42, then 7 wd at 41 in. But it depends on your choice of woods, gapping and yardage targets.

I go from 44.5" driver (9* loft, set to 10*) to 42.5" 4-wood (16.5* loft) and then a 41.5" 7-wood (20.5* loft).  This works very well for me.  I also have a 20* hybrid that is 39.5" long, and this club goes about 15-20 yards shorter than my 7-wood (carry only).

• Like 2

I play a 15° 3 wood with a 43” HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 and a 19° hybrid with a HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY at 40.5”. I’m thinking about getting a 21° 7 wood with a HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft too, but I’m undecided if I should get the 70 or 80 gram. What route would you guys suggest considering my setup?

Titleist TSi2 10° w/Ventus Blue 6x w/VeloCore

Titleist TSi2 15° w/Ventus Blue 7x w/VeloCore
Titleist TSi2 21° w/Ventus Blue 8x w/VeloCore
Titleist T100S (2021) 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52.12F, 56.10S, and 60.08M
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 34"
Pro V1

19 hours ago, objxtn said:

I play a 15° 3 wood with a 43” HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 and a 19° hybrid with a HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HY at 40.5”. I’m thinking about getting a 21° 7 wood with a HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft too, but I’m undecided if I should get the 70 or 80 gram. What route would you guys suggest considering my setup?

It's been my experience the heavier the better in fairway woods. I've tested some 70's gram shafts and have better tempo and better swings with shafts in the 80's. 

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9*                        MCA Diamana X17 60

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 3WD                         MCA Diamana X17 70

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 5WD                         MCA Diamana ZF  80T
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105

MIURA MB-101   7-P                                  MCA MMT-125
Chikara V1 Prototype  50, 55, 60                MCA MMT-125 (8-iron)

Bettinardi DASS MiNOVAi 3.0 Tour Proto

4 hours ago, hersper said:

To those who are playing a 7 wood, what kind of backspin/ballspeed numbers are you looking for?

I haven't gotten on a launch monitor to get those exact numbers. Nor do I really plan on it.  More of a feel a look type of player.  What I was looking for in this spot in the bag was a ball flight.  I de loft a tad at impact, and my hybrids weren't much better than irons in their spots.  Most of the par 5's I play are either

A. Uphill approaches

B. Small targets

C. Have hazards in front

So they are not good candidates for a lowish running attempt to hit the green with my second shot.

FWIW - My driver SS is around 117-119.  My common issue across the bag tends to be hitting the ball with too much spin (especially with irons)

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - PXG Gen 5 0311 - Diamana S+ 70x or Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • Callaway 19* U Wood  - Ventus Purple X
  • Util - 22* SIM DHY - Recoil 110 F5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland ZipCore 46 & 50* - Recoil 110 F5
  • SW - Mizuno T22 Copper 55* - Recoil 110 F5
  • LW - PXG 0311 Forged 60* - Recoil 125 Wedge Prototype F5
  • Putters -  EVNROLL ER2v Short Slant - BGT Stability | Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter 

Clubs in good standing(that rotate in and out)....

•   Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Countless other 21-22* Irons

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

5 hours ago, hersper said:

To those who are playing a 7 wood, what kind of backspin/ballspeed numbers are you looking for?

A 1.40 smash average 3800/140mph = 210 carry

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9*                        MCA Diamana X17 60

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 3WD                         MCA Diamana X17 70

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 5WD                         MCA Diamana ZF  80T
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105

MIURA MB-101   7-P                                  MCA MMT-125
Chikara V1 Prototype  50, 55, 60                MCA MMT-125 (8-iron)

Bettinardi DASS MiNOVAi 3.0 Tour Proto

7 hours ago, hersper said:

My clubhead speed is clearly not quite up there with nitram's, but here's what I look for in a 7-wood in terms of launch monitor data: 1.38 to 1.41 smash factor, 3,800 RPM spin, 135+ MPH ball speed, and close to 200 yards carry.  FWIW, my driver clubhead speed is 94-97 MPH, so I am looking for at least 90-92 MPH with the 7-wood.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, tgoodspe1991 said:

Tons of Pros use 7W or really weak 5W.

Most of the TM guys are using 19* 5W and many of them have it lofted even higher. Justin Thomas' 5W I believe is lofted up to like 19.5* or something.

I remember an old Tiger video where he was testing clubs and said it's always better to be able to flight the ball naturally higher and bring it down if needed, versus hitting it too low and working harder to hit it higher in the air.

Man! I'm a firm believer of that! Been using a FW in the 19-21 range for several years now. They're typically my 210-215 club and have a good bit of stopping power. I can punch them and keep it low when needed too.

BT

Cobra Speedzone 9.5° HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.5 @ 46"
Cobra LTD Black 14.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
Cobra F6 16.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line Blk 33.5"

2 minutes ago, Ri_Redneck said:

Man! I'm a firm believer of that! Been using a FW in the 19-21 range for several years now. They're typically my 210-215 club and have a good bit of stopping power. I can punch them and keep it low when needed too.

BT

I never consider hitting a low punch shot with the 7-wood, as I am much better-off doing that with my hybrid or even with the 5-iron (both played back in my stance).

Dustin Johnson used one in his Masters win last weekend.

image.png.6305b6fdf49d272b2ef982f451a70597.png

• Like 2

What's In The Bag (Summary as of October 2021, post-MAX changeover)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5°, set 9.5°; weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSlotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim + 50 gr.

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backup: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip

I recently bagged a TM SIM 7wood after not playing one since the 90's...and my God, I wish I had done it YEARS ago. I've played a myriad of hybrids over the years....each one was prone to that ugly hook when it really mattered....I could kick myself for not even thinking of the 7wood! 

I purchased the SIM, if I'm being honest, when I saw DJ bagging one earlier this summer.  SOooOoO easy to hit....beautiful ballflight that will stop on a green on those approach shots. Also, as mentioned above...comes in handy around the greens too! pops right over shaggy rough, just off the green. I dropped my 3 and 5 woods, replaced with a 4 wood...and then added this 7 wood and where I used to not have that feeling of confidence when pulling a hybrid from the bag ("oh brother...hope I don't hook THIS shot now")....I now lick my chops when I have to grab the 7-wood....215-225 out....that NEVER used to happen before adding this club! 

• Like 4

I have a Ping G410 7 wood with a Orange Tensi Shaft cut to 4 wood length.  Made my own version of a heavenwood.

It works great out of so many different bad lies and fairway bunker shots.

• Like 2

PXG Gen 5 0811X, 10.5 *,  Ventus Red 60
Stealth 4 wood, Fuji Ventus Red 70 
PXG 0211, 7 Wood ,  Fuji Ventus Red 70

PXG Gen 5, Hybrid # 22, MMT Shaft
PXG Gen 4, 0311XP irons with MMT shafts, 80

PXG 0211 52* / Sugar Daddy  2 / Wedges, 56 & 60,  MMT Wedge shaft

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

On 9/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, Sabzor said:

This season I switched out of 3 wood in favor of a 4 wood since I found 3 wood was getting too close to my driver off the tee making it kinda redundant. My SS is about 115+ and typically I carry D (295), 4W(250), 3h(220), then irons. Lately I've been interested in possibly swapping the hybrid for a 7 wood and wanted to see if there were any stronger players who did the same? Often you hear of it going too high but I feel that even the 4w is pretty optimal for me. My thought process is mainly around having 2 versatile distance woods starting around 250yds down - I figure off the tee if I need more than 250 I'm hitting driver anyway. Just curious with some of the pros we've seen lately doing the same thing.

There is a good article talking about how there were three “9 woods” at some event in April, on the tour truck, and they all disappeared in minutes. And then the players that missed out, ended up putting “seven” woods in play.

It is more common than you would think, but it is not used week in and week out by most players. Dustin just won with a 7 wood. 

I purchased one this morning. Had been using a high lofted 5 wood. 

on nice days

driver/2 wood/4wood/5wood/7wood

on windy/bad weather days 

driver/ 3 wood /2 iron/ 3iron/4 iron

edit: I’m mid-high 120s swing speed with driver on average. It’s like hitting a wedge flight from 240

Edited by extrastiff

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

15 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

I haven't gotten on a launch monitor to get those exact numbers. Nor do I really plan on it.  More of a feel a look type of player.  What I was looking for in this spot in the bag was a ball flight.  I de loft a tad at impact, and my hybrids weren't much better than irons in their spots.  Most of the par 5's I play are either

A. Uphill approaches

B. Small targets

C. Have hazards in front

So they are not good candidates for a lowish running attempt to hit the green with my second shot.

FWIW - My driver SS is around 117-119.  My common issue across the bag tends to be hitting the ball with too much spin (especially with irons)

14 hours ago, nitram said:

A 1.40 smash average 3800/140mph = 210 carry

11 hours ago, dmael said:

My clubhead speed is clearly not quite up there with nitram's, but here's what I look for in a 7-wood in terms of launch monitor data: 1.38 to 1.41 smash factor, 3,800 RPM spin, 135+ MPH ball speed, and close to 200 yards carry.  FWIW, my driver clubhead speed is 94-97 MPH, so I am looking for at least 90-92 MPH with the 7-wood.

Cheers for the replies! I quickly hit two shots with mine on trackman yesterday, got around 150 ball speed and almost 5k backspin off a mat. Time to tweak a little bit to maybe reduce the spin a touch - although the ones i hit will definitely stop on a dime.

Edited by hersper

On 9/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, bcflyguy1 said:

If a player tends to be on the lower end of delivered/dynamic loft with fairway woods, the seven wood can be a wonderful tool. This is true particularly for a player that delivers less loft AND tends to struggle with hybrids.

As was said, this is exactly why guys like DJ uses them. It is basically a 5w for him in terms of what he ends up delivering at impact.  

On 9/29/2020 at 7:20 AM, texcellence86 said:

Love my R15 5HL. Standard specs are 20.5* and to me, looks open on the standard setting.  I managed to get an OG BB 93X with a TM tip, moved it 1 click closed and it plays at 41.5". Perfect flight and really doesn't balloon at all. I agree with other posts where it really comes down to finding the right shaft/head combo you want.

Damn, that sounds like a sweet club. I love the heavier Blueboard shafts, Taylormade fairways, and higher lofted fairways that sit open. One thing that kept me away from higher lofted fairways in the past was the need for a really open face angle as the higher the loft, the more the club appears closed to me. I've picked up some higher lofted 5-woods and 7-woods that just looked so closed to me that there is no way I could game them. 

I myself prefer either the lofted down 5-wood approach OR the "weaker" 5-wood approach (19-19.5) and the latter was always harder to get a nice open face angle without going tour issue. I caved and got a spec'd out SIM Max 5w from Will Peoples coming and i'm going to demo the dueling Taylormade 5-wood setup with my normal Titleist setup. 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Kuro Kage 70XTS || Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR 7X 
Taylormade SIM V2 16.5* Kuro Kage Prototype 80TX || Taylormade M5 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 80TX 
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Srixon ZX Utility 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB9.8 Tour Spec-X
Callaway X-Forged UT 22* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

6 hours ago, Valtiel said:

As was said, this is exactly why guys like DJ uses them. It is basically a 5w for him in terms of what he ends up delivering at impact.  

Damn, that sounds like a sweet club. I love the heavier Blueboard shafts, Taylormade fairways, and higher lofted fairways that sit open. One thing that kept me away from higher lofted fairways in the past was the need for a really open face angle as the higher the loft, the more the club appears closed to me. I've picked up some higher lofted 5-woods and 7-woods that just looked so closed to me that there is no way I could game them. 

I myself prefer either the lofted down 5-wood approach OR the "weaker" 5-wood approach (19-19.5) and the latter was always harder to get a nice open face angle without going tour issue. I caved and got a spec'd out SIM Max 5w from Will Peoples coming and i'm going to demo the dueling Taylormade 5-wood setup with my normal Titleist setup. 

Yeah its a great club, It really took a lot of back and forth with the wrong clubs to finally get that spot in the bag filled. For those 5w/7w spots it's all about that face angle. I just happen to get lucky with that R15 and the face angle looked open to me.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 10.5 | M5 19

Adams Pro Mini 23

Titleist T100 5-52

Mizzy T22 58.08C | MCraft 01

Vice Pro Drip

5 hours ago, texcellence86 said:

Yeah its a great club, It really took a lot of back and forth with the wrong clubs to finally get that spot in the bag filled. For those 5w/7w spots it's all about that face angle. I just happen to get lucky with that R15 and the face angle looked open to me.

Yup, it is part of what I miss about my old Titleist 906f fairways, they sat nice and open. They are still in the backup/travel bag with 73x/83x Blueboards in them. I actually have a 93x sitting around too that needs a home. 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Kuro Kage 70XTS || Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR 7X 
Taylormade SIM V2 16.5* Kuro Kage Prototype 80TX || Taylormade M5 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 80TX 
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Srixon ZX Utility 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB9.8 Tour Spec-X
Callaway X-Forged UT 22* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

On 11/17/2020 at 12:16 PM, dmael said:

I never consider hitting a low punch shot with the 7-wood, as I am much better-off doing that with my hybrid or even with the 5-iron (both played back in my stance).

I don't do that much, but if I have a 200 yd shot that I need to start low and have it rise quickly, I can do that with my 7wds.

BT

Cobra Speedzone 9.5° HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.5 @ 46"
Cobra LTD Black 14.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
Cobra F6 16.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line Blk 33.5"

Tour pros with 7W definitely inspire me to try one again.

I find clubs that are easy to launch high to be versatile because you can work them lower to cover a lot of shot shapes and conditions.  Also with the FW length you can step up swing speed or ramp down maybe more easily than a long iron to cover a wide range of distances.  Tack on 7W performance out of rough and you have a great utility club.

Even though I really like my 3 and 4 irons, I wouldn't mind swapping them out once in a while if I find a good 7W.  I'm just directionally more confident with long irons.... and a solidly struck 3 iron off the tee gives the ego a boost, not gonna lie.  I had a TEE CB2 7W that I wanted to like but tended to hook, even after experimenting with a shorter X100 steel shaft.  I would try again though, maybe a 915F, like Dufner, to match my 5W which is a great club. I'd want a small head, flat lie, open face.

D1 Adams XTD Ti, RgSlvr60X D2 Titleist TS2, RIPaNL60TX 5W 915F, D+80X 4I Cobra F9, Recoil 110X 6I TM Sim2 Max OS 6I-PW Mizuno MP-54, C Taper Lite X GW Nike VPC 54, 60 CBX, DGS300 Cure CX3

• 2 weeks later...

I just tossed one in the bag today and walked 9 with it. Also hit the range and hit a few dozen with my 3h.

Man does this 7w fly high. Really towering ball flight with my swing. Gonna need a little more testing or even add some loft with the adapter, luckily its an Epic Flash.

ES🔹🔹🔹 + AD TP 6 / MAVRIK MaxTC 14°@16 + AD TP 7 / MAVRIK SZTC 20°@19 + AD TP 8 / P790 + M40X Black / P770 + DG105 / MD5 Forged / Detour 2 Mod

Ball speed 175, swing speed 118ish.  I have tested and tried the 3 metal/7 metal set up and found that I feel more comfortable with 3 metal/2 HB.  The gap between my 3 metal and 2 HB is 15 to 20 yards so it's not an issue. 

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I just tossed one in the bag today and walked 9 with it. Also hit the range and hit a few dozen with my 3h.

Man does this 7w fly high. Really towering ball flight with my swing. Gonna need a little more testing or even add some loft with the adapter, luckily its an Epic Flash.

You did mean to lower the loft with the hosel adapter, correct?  I have my Epic Flash 7w set at -1 (20* loft), and that's about perfect for me to play in conjunction with a 4-wood that I can adjust from 15.75* to 17.5* loft (I currently have it set at 15.75*, but I often play it at 16.5*).

Edited by dmael