Evnroll swing weight

Hello!

I have a question for you guys.  I recently purchased a 34" Evnroll ER7 with stock red and white grip... When I unboxed it I realized the head weight is 355 grams.  I went online and checked the stock weight is supposed to be 370.  The 35" version is a 355g head.  It seems that this putter might have been cut down and regripped.

My question....

How would the that affect the performance?  I am interested in putting on a super stroke grip.  Would you suggest I look into a countercore weight to balance it out?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 34" I think a 340 gram head makes for a well balanced finished putter. 

If you've got a 34" shaft with a 355 gram head the putter may feel heavy to you. Try it and see if you like it.

KZG SP700 driver

Srixon F65 3-wood

Srixon H65 3, 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

20 hours ago, RCB06 said:

Hello!

I have a question for you guys.  I recently purchased a 34" Evnroll ER7 with stock red and white grip... When I unboxed it I realized the head weight is 355 grams.  I went online and checked the stock weight is supposed to be 370.  The 35" version is a 355g head.  It seems that this putter might have been cut down and regripped.

My question....

How would the that affect the performance?  I am interested in putting on a super stroke grip.  Would you suggest I look into a countercore weight to balance it out?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide 

Nothing wrong with that. There is no correct swing weight for a putter. Whatever is comfortable and repeatable for YOU is correct.

What do you typically play? Is there a certain swing weight you're looking for?

A countercore weight in the butt/grip end will make the head feel lighter actually. It will not replace the 'missing' head weight in the way you might be thinking.

Edited by Scotty1140

Good advice above...At 34", 355g is closer to a standard head weight than 370. For example, if you purchased a new Scotty Newport at 34", the head weight is 353g. IMO, 370g is too heavy at 34" IMO.

I wish EVNROLL offered 3 weights at 350, 360, 370. I like 360g at 33" and can't get that from EVNROLL which is why I don't have one. 355g just a little too light and 370g toooo heavy.