Jump to content

Comparable Lululemon pants?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was a huge thread last year about Old Navy Active Go-Dry pants. I own 6 pairs.  They are incredible.  I've also heard good things about the Target brand.

The only thing I've found that is cheaper AND good quality are the Walter Hagan's that Golf Galaxy sells.  FWIW, the inseam is noticeably longer than the Lulu's.    But good five pocket golf

funny i got hit with the same ad and bought two pairs-- will let you know how they are once they arrive. 

Posted Images

The only thing I've found that is cheaper AND good quality are the Walter Hagan's that Golf Galaxy sells.  FWIW, the inseam is noticeably longer than the Lulu's. 

 

But good five pocket golf pants just aren't cheap, right?  And if you like the Lulu's, bite the bullet and pay that price; they are the nicest pants I've ever owned, period, and when the pairs that I have wear out, I intend to take my own advice on that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a huge thread last year about Old Navy Active Go-Dry pants. I own 6 pairs.  They are incredible.  I've also heard good things about the Target brand.

  • Like 2

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Newport 2.5 Special Select
Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, groach said:

There was a huge thread last year about Old Navy Active Go-Dry pants. I own 6 pairs.  They are incredible.  I've also heard good things about the Target brand.

I'll second the Old Navy ones. They are slim fit only so keep that in mind, but they hold up well and are very comfortable.

 

Other ones I've had great luck with are Eddie Bauer ones that Costco will carry time to time. They're usually $20/Pair and many of my co-workers asked if they were Lululemon. Only downside is I've only seen them in 3 colors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sbjinx said:

I like the old navy but they are no where the same quality as the lulus. For 5-10 more I find the target brand to be a better fit (I’m 6’0 and like slimmer pants fyi).  


which pants from Target?

 

these?

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-golf-slim-pants-all-in-motion/-/A-79530261?preselect=79347522#lnk=sametab

TaylorMade SIM 10.5° Driver - Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60 Stiff
TaylorMade SIM 15° 3W - Mitsubishi Diamana FW Limited 75
TaylorMade SIM Max 19° Hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White HY 90 Stiff
TaylorMade 2-iron UDI P790 - KBS Tour Stiff
TaylorMade P770 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 120g
Titleist Vokey SM7 52.08 F, 60.10 S
2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
Profile Picture: 16th Tee @ Sleepy Hollow

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blueonblack said:

Is there a brand for more "athletic" physiques for guys that are in shape but don't like skinny legs these days?

I can't get my legs in the skinny styles, and I'm 6'2" and only 195 lbs! The area on the calves I often can't even get over my size 12.5 EEE's.

I hate tight stuff. Oh I hate it!

Couldn't agree more! Not all golfers have Tiger Woods looking chicken legs! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LBRMGR said:

 Yep. They also make nice shorts. 

Callaway Epic Flash TD - Graphite Design VR Callaway Epic SZ 15* Callaway Apex 20* Bridgestone J15cb - 4-PW Vokey SM7 - 52* & 58* Spider X

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blueonblack said:

Is there a brand for more "athletic" physiques for guys that are in shape but don't like skinny legs these days?

I can't get my legs in the skinny styles, and I'm 6'2" and only 195 lbs! The area on the calves I often can't even get over my size 12.5 EEE's.

I hate tight stuff. Oh I hate it!

Bonobos "athletic cut" in their golf pants (HIghland, Highland Tour) are amazing finds for those of us with some thicc thighs and phil calves.  Some extra room in the thigh and butt, but really well tapered and excellent fit.  They have warehouse and other sales that knock them down around 30 bucks and for the material, colors, fit, stretch and performance I found that hard to beat.  REALLY like my Bonobos pants and will stock up more in the next sale.  

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bubbagump said:

Bonobos "athletic cut" in their golf pants (HIghland, Highland Tour) are amazing finds for those of us with some thicc thighs and phil calves.  Some extra room in the thigh and butt, but really well tapered and excellent fit.  They have warehouse and other sales that knock them down around 30 bucks and for the material, colors, fit, stretch and performance I found that hard to beat.  REALLY like my Bonobos pants and will stock up more in the next sale.  

I was with ya until you got to the tapered part. I've just never liked tapered ankle pants. No matter what a person does to be in good shape, they make you look bigger at the waist since the ankles are so skinny. I call them "pants funnels" as everyone looks like they stepped into a funnel shape. Very unflattering.

Even the pants the young guys on tour are wearing are gross in the fit and materials; and I suppose they cost a fortune anyway?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, blueonblack said:

I was with ya until you got to the tapered part. I've just never liked tapered ankle pants. No matter what a person does to be in good shape, they make you look bigger at the waist since the ankles are so skinny. I call them "pants funnels" as everyone looks like they stepped into a funnel shape. Very unflattering.

Even the pants the young guys on tour are wearing are gross in the fit and materials; and I suppose they cost a fortune anyway?

These are them:

spacer.png

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bubbagump said:

These are them:

spacer.png

I think I had just gone to their site not long ago when talking golf clothing. That guy's arms look familiar, but where are his @ss and calves??

My footies and legs aren't going into those. (Which is weird, because I don't feel all that "large" in life, sometimes?)

I need (want) looser. I'm in shape. I don't have to flaunt it. I just don't like stuff "clinging" or tight in any way. That's too "slim" for me. I'm halfway to 90 yrs, so the stuff for the younger guys isn't appealing to me anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, trav said:

I just want to go out and say the Target and Old Navy brands are orders of magnitude cheaper looking and fit poorly.  Bite the bullet and buy the Lulus.

While I do not disagree (old navys quality control on their sizing is atrocious) I just waited until the 50% off Activewear sale, bought every color of the slim go dry pants in a 33 and 34 then tried them all on. Some I kept 33, some 34, then returned the other pair to my local store and walked away with 5-6 work/golf pants for $120

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the cut on the Target pants is not as flattering as other options. The OG pants from Old Navy had a gusseted crotch like lululemon, which made them a great alternative. Plus, I have a tough time spendings $120+ on pants that I am going to get dirty, mud-stained, and generally put through the wringer. 

 

drn92 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems petty, but the only reason I don't pick up a pair of lulu's is due to the lack of silicone strip.  Since I tuck my shirts, (mainly because I hate when I lean over to putt, I feel like my shirt is gonna snag on the butt end of my putter since I choke down a bit sometimes) I like how the strip keeps my shirt in place through the round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, blueonblack said:

Is there a brand for more "athletic" physiques for guys that are in shape but don't like skinny legs these days?

I can't get my legs in the skinny styles, and I'm 6'2" and only 195 lbs! The area on the calves I often can't even get over my size 12.5 EEE's.

I hate tight stuff. Oh I hate it!

 

Rhone... The Rhone Commuter Pants are awesome.  They are basically LuLu but for men.  

Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 816h 21*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop

Link to post
Share on other sites

Option way outta left field. A couple years ago Old Navy tried to make a replica lulu ABC pant that their target market obviously didn't appreciate so they went on clearance and I got one in every color and even one for my old man for about $5 each and they are nearly identical fit and feel to the 2 lulu pants I have. I wear them all the time, in fact I'm even wearing them right now 😅 

 

the reason I'm telling you this now is, it looks like ON might have brought them back? I can't say for certain that they are the same ones I have but I noticed they have something very similar back on their site now

Cobra F9 9.5* - Tour AD IZ 6x

Callaway Epic 14.5* - ProLaunch Blue 85x

Adams DHY Pro 21* - Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Miura CB201 4i - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Miura Retro Blades 5-PW - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Scratch Wedge 53* - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Fourteen RM11 58* - Recoil 95 F4

Taylormade Hi-Toe 64* - hi-rev

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 10:19 AM, groach said:

There was a huge thread last year about Old Navy Active Go-Dry pants. I own 6 pairs.  They are incredible. 

 

Ah sorry groach, should've scrolled up higher. Pretty sure these are what I just posted about. Fantastic pants that I still can't tell the difference between them and my lulu's in the drawer.

  • Like 1

Cobra F9 9.5* - Tour AD IZ 6x

Callaway Epic 14.5* - ProLaunch Blue 85x

Adams DHY Pro 21* - Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Miura CB201 4i - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Miura Retro Blades 5-PW - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Scratch Wedge 53* - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Fourteen RM11 58* - Recoil 95 F4

Taylormade Hi-Toe 64* - hi-rev

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, blueonblack said:

I think I had just gone to their site not long ago when talking golf clothing. That guy's arms look familiar, but where are his @ss and calves??

My footies and legs aren't going into those. (Which is weird, because I don't feel all that "large" in life, sometimes?)

I need (want) looser. I'm in shape. I don't have to flaunt it. I just don't like stuff "clinging" or tight in any way. That's too "slim" for me. I'm halfway to 90 yrs, so the stuff for the younger guys isn't appealing to me anymore.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the obvious...the regular straight fit.  my legs are by no means skinny in any way(although i do have really small feet), also i'm definitely not a skinny person at 5'8" 180, and find that the slim fit work very well for me.  the first bonobos i ever tried on were the straight fit and they felt almost baggy to me.  worth a try as they have a spectacular return policy and are running a 30% off sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jackdanger said:

Option way outta left field. A couple years ago Old Navy tried to make a replica lulu ABC pant that their target market obviously didn't appreciate so they went on clearance and I got one in every color and even one for my old man for about $5 each and they are nearly identical fit and feel to the 2 lulu pants I have. I wear them all the time, in fact I'm even wearing them right now 😅 

 

the reason I'm telling you this now is, it looks like ON might have brought them back? I can't say for certain that they are the same ones I have but I noticed they have something very similar back on their site now

The original Old Navy pants were awesome. Then they were updated and removed the gusseted crotch.  The update was not as good.  I believe they have a new pant that is a cotton blend (vs all poly) but I do not know if they have the gusset. 

 

drn92

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 10:43 AM, blueonblack said:

I think I had just gone to their site not long ago when talking golf clothing. That guy's arms look familiar, but where are his @ss and calves??

My footies and legs aren't going into those. (Which is weird, because I don't feel all that "large" in life, sometimes?)

I need (want) looser. I'm in shape. I don't have to flaunt it. I just don't like stuff "clinging" or tight in any way. That's too "slim" for me. I'm halfway to 90 yrs, so the stuff for the younger guys isn't appealing to me anymore.

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/apparel/pants/etonic-golf-woven-pant/

 

I have these in black and iron.  Really nice pants.  Wish the front pockets were at the side and not cut like a jean pocket but I got over it quick.  Legs have plenty of room and standard taper.  Cannot stand modern taper pants!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...