Are these what I think they are?

Saw these on the bay. Had to snag them for $500. Are these the miura full cavity nike prototypes? They look a whole lot like them. I know they're not the clubs they are listed as. Any responses would be appreciated! A little beat up but nothing a little refinishing can't solve!

Also, how much do these normally go for?

Thank you all have a great day!

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.08.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.08.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 3.08.24 PM.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the split cavities a couple seasons ago, great clubs!

Those look like them to me although I've only see the raw ones in person. Hard to tell from the pictures. I believe the cavity badge should have a slight textured, sand blasted kind of look. 

I will say, that from someone i know who used to work for nike, all the forgings were done at Muira. The final touches were always then done at nike.

Posted Images

Those look like them to me although I've only see the raw ones in person. Hard to tell from the pictures. I believe the cavity badge should have a slight textured, sand blasted kind of look. 

• Like 1

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

I will say, that from someone i know who used to work for nike, all the forgings were done at Muira. The final touches were always then done at nike.

• Like 1

Driver: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63

3W: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X 2I HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: Sub 70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long

Wedges  54*,60*:  Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: Snell MTB or KSigs or Srixon Z Star XV

Definitely prototypes for sure as I've never seen any retail Nike club look like that.  Miura forged? I dunno.

• Like 1

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

interesting...why are they always raw? I wonder how the seller got them if they don't even know what they are!

Has the small font numbers , which is a tell tale sign .  But I claim no first hand knowledge that will let me confirm.  But that’s the rumor. 

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Nice set of irons there- however, despite urban legends to contrary, both the split and full cavity models were done by Viragetech, not Miura. 

Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Tour Edge Exotics cbx 16.5* Aldila RIP beta 80s 

Titleist 818h1 19* (a2 surefit) Fujikura Motore TS hb 8.8
Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
Vokey sm8 raw S 54* s400
Vokey sm8 raw M 60* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

36 minutes ago, rgaki said:

any clue if I got them for a good price?

Looks like you got a reasonable deal for a playing set, high quality forging and nice tools with which to enjoy the game.

Edited by Mitchell
  • Like 1

Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Tour Edge Exotics cbx 16.5* Aldila RIP beta 80s 

Titleist 818h1 19* (a2 surefit) Fujikura Motore TS hb 8.8
Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
Vokey sm8 raw S 54* s400
Vokey sm8 raw M 60* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

41 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

Doesn't the ebay screenshot say $300? figured that would be more reasonable, but even then these seem a bit dated for that much. Then again I'm not huge into the resale of Miura forged nike irons, if there even is a crazy market for that haha. 

I just asked what the buy now price was and was told 470 (500 w shipping) The item had 5 watchers and I saw the clubs were listed as forged pro combo tour iron set which they're not. I figured the seller did not know what they had and wanted to buy quickly before they found out! I'm not sure about the market but I'll probably keep them i think!

You paid the slightest of touches more than you should have. The number should be closer to $425 with shipping. There were a handful of brand new in plastic sets that made there way out for sale a few months back. They were 2-P and going for $575-$600. The money in this particular set, and the Split Cavity Proto too, is in the matching 1 and 2 Irons. If you have those, you are golden. Regardless a great piece!

Callaway Flash 9° Velocore Blue 6X
Callaway Apex 2H Speeder 904X
Callaway Apex 4H Speeder 904X
Miura CB301 5-6 iSeries Proto 105X
Miura CB57 7-9 iSeries Proto 105X
 Miura HG 4606 iSeries Proto 105X
Miura HG 5210 iSeries Proto 105X
Miura HG 5810 iSeries Proto 105X
Miura HB 6416 iSeries Proto 105X
Garage Palm Beach Stability 1.0X
3 hours ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

You paid the slightest of touches more than you should have. The number should be closer to $425 with shipping. There were a handful of brand new in plastic sets that made there way out for sale a few months back. They were 2-P and going for $575-$600. The money in this particular set, and the Split Cavity Proto too, is in the matching 1 and 2 Irons. If you have those, you are golden. Regardless a great piece!

dang i definitely would have bought myself 1 if i had seen those! I’ve got a mint set of the split cavities with the two iron and always wanted the full cavities. Kinda disappointed but it is what it is ! 

1 hour ago, rgaki said:

dang i definitely would have bought myself 1 if i had seen those! I’ve got a mint set of the split cavities with the two iron and always wanted the full cavities. Kinda disappointed but it is what it is ! 

Bit envious! I had the Splits a long time ago. When they were first released. I've always wanted to get the Splits again and add the Cavities. If we weren't still in COVID, I probably would have snagged a set of the new Cavities, but alas, still here. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

Bit envious! I had the Splits a long time ago. When they were first released. I've always wanted to get the Splits again and add the Cavities. If we weren't still in COVID, I probably would have snagged a set of the new Cavities, but alas, still here. 

I feel ya. Welp I'm not opposed to buying another set of the full cavities if they're new and include the 2 iron. Still wondering If I want to game these ones i just bought. I'll get them refinished first of course. Just beautiful irons. The fulls and the splits. 

1 minute ago, rgaki said:

I feel ya. Welp I'm not opposed to buying another set of the full cavities if they're new and include the 2 iron. Still wondering If I want to game these ones i just bought. I'll get them refinished first of course. Just beautiful irons. The fulls and the splits. 

Congrats and enjoy!

• Like 1