Mavrik Triple Diamond vs Sim MAX

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't take obvious fact of price in account just purely head performance. Which is better?

I think you're trying to compare two completely different heads built for different intentions. The Triple Black Diamond was created for low spin and increased fade bias and the SIM Max is the "more f

I think you're trying to compare two completely different heads built for different intentions. The Triple Black Diamond was created for low spin and increased fade bias and the SIM Max is the "more forgiving" higher MOI version of the SIM series. So on paper they are probably created for two different golfers.

Edited by vstensrud23
  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* (N/-2: Tensei PO V3 70TX

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* : Tour AD DI 80X 

Callaway Super Hybrid 20* (N/-1) : Tour AD DI 95X 

TM P790 3-PW : $-Taper PVD 130X

Cleveland CG16 50.10, TM Hi-Toe Raw 60.09 : DG S400

TM Spider X Copper/White

TM TP5x

According to what I've read the triple diamond is actually higher spin than the sub zero and is quite neutral. Spin wise, it is in between the standard mavrik and subzero while utilizing a head design similar to the cyclone aero shape. I'd say if you're interested in the triple diamond, the only way to find out is to try it out. Theres not much information since they're pretty scarce. 

Cobra F9 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 7X / Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch PVD 60 6.5TX

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* Hzrdus Smoke Green 7x, Callaway Rogue Subzero 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 8X

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black 100g 6.5

Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW DG Pro X100, Nike VR Pro combo 4-PW Modus3 120X

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 

Taylormade Hi Toe 58

Evnroll ER2

Article on Mavrik Triple Black Diamond. Correct in promoting moderate spin, but when compared to the SIM Max it should be lower. Promotes neutral to fade bias.

https://www.truefitclubs.com/blog/callaway-mavrik-sub-zero-triple-diamond-driver/#:~:text=For better players with strong,this driver a serious look!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* (N/-2: Tensei PO V3 70TX

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* : Tour AD DI 80X 

Callaway Super Hybrid 20* (N/-1) : Tour AD DI 95X 

TM P790 3-PW : $-Taper PVD 130X

Cleveland CG16 50.10, TM Hi-Toe Raw 60.09 : DG S400

TM Spider X Copper/White

TM TP5x