KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

I'd love to see someone test the torque.  I have the setup to do it in Illinois but I'm in Arizona for the winter.  Most of the listed shaft matches shown in the earlier post would test over 6 degrees torque, and probably 7 or higher. 

I wonder if TXG has a torque testing device.

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

43 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

So instead of just being insulting, and since he (apparently) can't SEE your point, why not make it/point it out again ? 51683a_cd84c05761974e119b407e0c7eed70ce~

Because I don't believe it's "apparent".  Rather, it appears that he's choosing to miss the point thus further explanation or discourse would be unproductive.

By the way, when your actual goal is to position yourself as "helpful arbiter" rather than posing as "insulting / appropriate authority" - you don't use googley eyed head scratching emojis.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

14 hours ago, golfbuddy said:

I have been playing the 405 in the driver and thinking of getting one for my 3 wood.  Anyone have any reviews of the fairway version of autoflex??

I’m playing the 505X in my 3 wood.  Works well.  I posted a small review earlier in the thread about it.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

I’m playing the 505X in my 3 wood.  Works well.  I posted a small review earlier in the thread about it.

That's what I like to hear @My2Dogs. Keeping it on topic.  I know you're trying to jus as I am.  

Anyone else have anything to add about the AutoFlex? Anybody else get to try this shaft out?

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

Shout out to @My2Dogs for hooking me up with my 505.  Gonna try with a tsi2 or tsi3 to start.  Can't wait to actually try this thing. 

• Like 1

Titleist Tsi3 8* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

Callaway Epic Flash FW 17* PX HZRDUS Smoke
Callaway Apex Pro Hybrid 19* Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL GW KBS $ Taper
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56*/10* DG Spinner
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60*/12* KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Byron Morgan DH89
Taylormade TP5x

23 minutes ago, steveoly32 said:

Shout out to @My2Dogs for hooking me up with my 505.  Gonna try with a tsi2 or tsi3 to start.  Can't wait to actually try this thing. 

Me too.  Just when I can start to swing the weather turned here.  Ahhhhhh.  I’m soft in my old age.  Don’t like to play when it’s cold, rain or windy.  Cold is the least but it’s been windy and wet here with more storms coming.  I’m off the 2 weeks of Christmas and New Years and hoping the weather clears up so I can play. 

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Shut up and stick to the topic. If you're not interested in the autoshaft then kindly butt out and find another thread. Thanks!

I got mine out on Saturday. Took a couple of holes to get used to it, but I very much enjoyed the feeling. Swing was a little rusty but when I made a good swing it was 100% longer than my old setup, somewhere around 10-20 yards. That was exactly what I was looking for, so I'm pretty stoked to keep testing it.

I got a 9* head for it as I was launching my 10.5 a little high, will test both and report back.

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

54 minutes ago, golfbuddy said:

So with a fairway shaft, would you automatically tip it the 1/2 inch?  Thanks in advance!

Yes.  Both fairway woods and hybrids tip 1/2 inch and then butt cut to desired awing length.  I have mine at 43inches for my 3 wood but I choke down 1/2 on all my clubs so it plays 42.5.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Have any of you Autoflex users taken one of your other “quality” shafts and extended to 46” ? ... which really isn’t that long. 

I don’t have an Autoflex but this thread has inspired me today to install a butt extension on an extra Evenflow White T1100 65g 6.0 Stiff.  I game the same shaft in a TS3 10.5 playing to 45.25”.  I think the EFW being tip stiff and a bit stout might lend itself to playing long.  My SS is only 96-98 so no worries of me overpowering it LOL.  My gamer has been very reliable.

So I have this test shaft extended to play at 46.5” ungripped ( please don’t laugh 😆 ).  I have a few extra head weights on hand and have this swing-weighting only 1.5 points more than my gamer.  I’ll head out to a sim later in the week, and will keep nibbling off 1/4” at a time as I dial it down shorter. Fun stuff !

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Titleist TSi2 10*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrids  |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Got my autoflex yesterday, thanks to my2dogs, incredible to work with and made it really easy.

The TLDR is that it is straighter and 10 yards longer without feeling like I'm swinging out of my shoes. Nothing new in my review just another data point to what others have already said.

Swing weight - This will be a bit of a work in progress. I thought I had a 195g head but after doing some research I needed to include the adapter weight so really I have a 201g Sim 8*. I didn't want to adjust head weight down yet as I wanted to compare to my old setup. Took it to get built up and in order to get to D2 we had to add 26g of lead tape under the grip. This created a heavier total club weight than I wanted. It didn't necessarily feel heavier but I guess I want it to feel a little lighter. I will probably shoot for d3 next by removing some head weight and move to a ~20g tour lock pro instead of lead tape.

D2 - 201g head w/ adapter, 54g 505x shaft uncut, 62g Lamkin Crossline Midsize, 26g lead tape under grip. 343g total club weight. Plays just under 47"

Old Gamer D3 - Diamana S60 Limited X 46", same grip, 331g total club weight

Got in a quick range session today. Hit about 10 balls with my old setup before switching. The first 20 or so balls were a mixed bag, basically just trying to learn how to swing with it. After finding a groove it was 10-15 yards longer and straighter. As others have said a smooth take away helped a ton. My regular swing is slightly quicker and when I did that I found the ball turned over but was less predictable. On the downswing I felt like I didn't have to hold back. I think removing some overall weight from the club will allow me to smoothly swing a little faster and should gain a few more yards. 

I found the autoflex very easy to work the ball. I've played ventus black in the past when I've wanted to eliminate the left side of the golf course but currently play the Diamana S (blueboard) as I find it easier to work both ways.  

With my old setup I'm around 108mph club head speed which is under the recommendation of 110mph+ for the 505x. I had no problem with it and would say if you're on the border between two flexes to go for the stiffer recommendation. The shaft is pretty whippy and if you have an aggressive transition the stiffer shaft will help.

I should get it out on the course this weekend and put it to the test.

• Like 2

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

I received mine from my2dogs about 3 weeks ago, but due to my club builder having Covid I was just recently able to have it built up. Below is a quick review and summary to help those interested.

Build - 505X 46'' finished length with an Epic Flash Triple Diamond Head. Grip is Best Grips Micro Perf. Swing weight is D2 with a 2 gram weight in front and 6.5 gram sliding weight in the toe position.

Initial impression - I actually really like the look of the shaft, despite thinking I would have to just be OK with it from looking at pictures. The first waggle test with it was somewhat shocking, even though I knew it would have a lot of movement to it. Overall build quality is very high.

Warm up - I wanted to give myself some swings to get used to the feel of the shaft with the launch monitor off so that I could focus on feel and timing and not worry about results. I started out at about 50% effort and worked up to 90% over about 10 swings. It took me virtually no time to adjust to it and it never felt loose while swinging.

Full Effort Swings - As background, I typically play a 45'' driver and live right around 163 with my best strikes getting up around 167. With the Autoflex I was averaging 168 with very stable and playable launch conditions. The strikes were very consistent and I felt like I was perfectly synced with the timing of the shaft. After really feeling comfortable with the set-up I took about 15 swings really going after them. My averaged jumped up to 170 with several besting my previous fastest ball speeds I have recorded, with the best being 174 mph. The shaft never felt loose and every ball flight would have been acceptable on course. It does seem to be slightly draw biased to my swing, but as someone who hits the ball fairly straight but can struggle with a 2-way miss, a slight bias that is repeatable is welcome.

Summary - Simply put, very happy with it. In the initial testing it exceeded my expectations, and it is going in the bag right away.

Edited by bward
  • Like 4

All these reviews are killing me, I am still waiting for my 505 with Jumbomax Ultralite from TXG. 😔

Bought some extra sliding weights for my Sim already.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

1 hour ago, shaolingolfer said:

All these reviews are killing me, I am still waiting for my 505 with Jumbomax Ultralite from TXG. 😔

Bought some extra sliding weights for my Sim already.

My 505 should be here by EOD on Friday. I too am installing a Jumbomax Ultralight. What length and swingweight are you going with?

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Question for folks who have gone up in total driver length with the Auto Flex:  How has your strike position changed (if at all)?

My miss tends to be toe side, and I'm really curious to see if the added length changes that at all.  Curious what others are seeing.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

1 hour ago, MysteryV said:

Question for folks who have gone up in total driver length with the Auto Flex:  How has your strike position changed (if at all)? My miss tends to be toe side, and I'm really curious to see if the added length changes that at all.  Curious what others are seeing.

I’m a small sample size into it, but I usually live on the toe side of the club and noticed I seem to be much more center on my strikes with the additional 1” of length. I am not sure that will last long term but did notice that so far.

Edited by bward

1 hour ago, MysteryV said:

Question for folks who have gone up in total driver length with the Auto Flex:  How has your strike position changed (if at all)?

My miss tends to be toe side, and I'm really curious to see if the added length changes that at all.  Curious what others are seeing.

I’ve been playing 45” in a 70g shaft, went to my same shaft in 60g at 46” and used to live high toe and my contact has shifted more center as well. I’ll see what happens when I get my autoflex as I’ll throw it straight in which makes it even longer. 

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

My 505 should be here by EOD on Friday. I too am installing a Jumbomax Ultralight. What length and swing weight are you going with?

I am playing 45.75", "standard" length on the Sim Driver, I am going for 46" with the Autoflex.  Currently I have a 19g sliding weight in my driver, probably playing around D5 right now.  I still have the original sliding weight, I think it is around 9g and just bought a 6g and a 2g off Ebay.  I am not sure what's the finish SW will be, I hope I can play it close to D4.  Not sure.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Finally had some time to take the GC quad out of the pro shop and use it on the range.  I was pretty surprised with the numbers.  I warmed up and hit a bunch with my old gamer (green Hzrdus).  I didn't have the stickers so just relying on some of the ball data and not the swing speed or club data.  

Old Shaft:  10.5 Sim, 147 Ball Speed, 12 Degree Launch, 2100 Spin, 

AutoFlex: 9.75 Sim (lofted down one click), 155 Ball Speed, 15 degree Launch, 2200 Spin

I was a little surprised.  I knew it was launching higher as I could see from the flight.  That's why I lofted it down because it was just slightly high around 16.5 degrees launch when it was standard loft.  I was afraid the spin rate was super high and was very surprised it wasn't.  I was able to drop it down and still kept a great spin number.  Carry went up and was reading around 275 (old gamer was around 260ish).  Visually you can see the ball just jumps off the club. I already had said the dispersion was great but now seeing the distance is as well.  I use Arccos (small sample size yes) but already noticed an uptick in distance of about 10 yards over the 4 rounds.  

Similar to what others say, I find the shaft works best with a smooth takeaway and then swing away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jdorfman said:

Finally had some time to take the GC quad out of the pro shop and use it on the range.  I was pretty surprised with the numbers.  I warmed up and hit a bunch with my old gamer (green Hzrdus).  I didn't have the stickers so just relying on some of the ball data and not the swing speed or club data.  

Old Shaft:  10.5 Sim, 147 Ball Speed, 12 Degree Launch, 2100 Spin, 

AutoFlex: 9.75 Sim (lofted down one click), 155 Ball Speed, 15 degree Launch, 2200 Spin

I was a little surprised.  I knew it was launching higher as I could see from the flight.  That's why I lofted it down because it was just slightly high around 16.5 degrees launch when it was standard loft.  I was afraid the spin rate was super high and was very surprised it wasn't.  I was able to drop it down and still kept a great spin number.  Carry went up and was reading around 275 (old gamer was around 260ish).  Visually you can see the ball just jumps off the club. I already had said the dispersion was great but now seeing the distance is as well.  I use Arccos (small sample size yes) but already noticed an uptick in distance of about 10 yards over the 4 rounds.  

Similar to what others say, I find the shaft works best with a smooth takeaway and then swing away.

Honest question, do you feel the investment was worth it?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

13 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Honest question, do you feel the investment was worth it?

I would say yes.  Granted I got the shaft cheap because the person didn't realize what he had and it was right after the 1st video came out and not nearly the amount of buzz about the shaft.

The way I look at it is I play golf because I enjoy it and like to have fun.  I have more fun hitting the ball farther and in play more often.  I'm saving golf balls, cutting strokes off my handicap, winning more money in the weekly games.  Golf isn't fun when you stand on the tee not knowing where it's going to go.  Now I have a one way miss, and don't miss as often.  The course feels huge and I enjoy playing it more.  Golf already can be a frustrating game...why not make it easier.

Some might say it's overpriced (it might be).  But only person that can answer that question is you really.  It's better if you could find it somewhere to get fitted to make sure its good for you, but unfortunately they aren't set up for that yet in the states.  So it's a little bit of a flyer on will it work.  This is no magic wand guaranteed to make you better.  I've had a couple people try it and it wasn't for them.  But for me, it's been great!

• Like 1

Can you say, “rainbow”? 

030D92D6-37D4-4ED6-8821-1A17E686C965.jpeg

• Like 4

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled