KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

I see posts in here about people talking about certain heads being more likely to work with this shaft. I'm not an experienced club builder nor understand club design well. What I can tell you from my own experience of trying several heads with the shaft and finally settling on my PXG Proto head is its all about the visuals and the weighting of the driver for YOU.

I kept finding low strikes on the heads with the other drivers and the PXG started that way until I brought up my SW back to D3 and magically I starting finding middle or slightly higher toe (which we all don't mind that sometimes). For my personally, I couldn't find the center of the face at D0-D2 swing weight. That was just my experience.

My guess is the sweet spot for swing weight is different for the guys who are struggling and losing distance. I have to believe it's because you aren't finding the center of the face. If i don't find the center of the face, my drives are going same distance or less too than my normal length driver (which I hit more in the center).

On 12/28/2020 at 1:28 AM, keepingsanitythrugolf said:

I'm in a golf community with about 40 golfers, and 10 of us ordered the Autoflex which arrived 2 weeks ago. I thought it would be important to share our experience with this shaft, and more importantly, point out not only good, but also the bad and the ugly. I'm not here to bash this shaft, as I do believe it works, but it's not for everyone. All of us has gotten at least 3 rounds of 18 holes.

Of the 10, three were 405, four 505, and three 505x.

Our handicaps range from 1 to 13

Lets start with the good:

3 guys gained distance, about 15-20 yards.

One using the 505x (10 hdcp, SS 110 mph)

and two using 505 (7 & 12 hdcp, SS 103 mph & SS 97 mph respectively)

They're having so much success with Autoflex. But it still took all 3 of them a while to get used to the feel.

The ok:

1 guy got same distance (using 405, 11 hdcp SS 83 mph). I will talk more about this later.

The bad and ugly:

Everyone else has lost distance. And I don't mean a bit, everyone lost 20 yards at the very LEAST.

So we have a mixed bag here, and unfortunately more on the disappointed side than satisfied.

Going back to the golfer that got same total distance, it was all carry. No roll out whatsoever. So he is satisfied with Autoflex because his carry is the same as total distance with his previous shaft. Now he's trying to figure out adjustments on how to get some roll on the shots. 

Except for the one guy that gained distance with 505x, the 9 of us all agree on a few things.

1. The ball goes very straight (all agree). Very little curve. No hooks or slices on bad swings, they were straight pulls or straight pushes.

2. The ball goes VERY HIGH. Everyone had to play loft at its lowest setting. And it was still very high.

3. The ball spins way too much. Most of the time, the ball was behind the pitchmark.

Now for my own personal experience, I happen to be in the ugly camp.

Some info first about myself.

My gamer is Titleist TS3 8.5* head, with Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x, 45" in length

Setting 10*, neutral

SS 115-117 mph

Surefit weight +6gr, swing weight D4

I got the 505x. 

When I first had autoflex installed, the length was 45.5. In order to achieve the recommended SW of D1-D2, i had to remove the +6gr surefit weight and go back to standard. Came out D2.

Disastrous results. Even on best struck shots, I was 30-40 yards behind where I normally hit my drives. Now you might be thinking I have the worst result out of the 10 guys, losing that much distance, but believe it or not, the 3rd guy who got the 505x has worst results than me.

Lower ball speed was very visible to the naked eye. Had to go 7.75* on the head, still very high.

Decided to trim it to 45", put the 6gr weight back in. Im thinking lets minimize the variables.

Added lead tape right below the grip and it came out D1.5

autoflex.jpg.0cef07ec8990ab6aba12e1b6c7112e66.jpg

With this setting, there were improvements. Instead of being 30-40 yards shorter, now it's about 15 yards shorter.

So after 3 rounds of golf, we discussed about why some are having lots of success, and some are having no success. Here's what we believe:

This shaft is suitable if you are a "swinger", not a "hitter". 

If you already have very high launch and high spin (above 2500 rpm), it's possible this shaft is not for you.

In my case, based on Trackman, I have a pretty level AoA, close to 0 degrees, ranging anywhere between +0.5 to -0.5. My spin with the driver is around 2500-2700. We will do some trackman late to see whats going on with the spin from autoflex.

None of us have given up on this shaft yet. We are trying to make some adjustments and changes in our swing to get this thing to work. But it also brings up another question. It's not whether this shaft is worth it, let's put the price aside. But should we adjust to this shaft, or should the shaft adjust to us?

Thanks for the write up, Appreciate the members who contributed, best trial of a shaft I have seen on these boards. I think the shaft has merits, but look forward to the newer generations of this shaft and to the simular designs from other shaft companies. No doubt the competition knows what is making this shaft work, and not work.  I would say, the future looks bright. Again, thanks for your write up

• Thanks 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

19 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

The TD is a fade biased so it does spin more.  Also why I wanted the Single Diamond.  Lowest spinning of all the Mavrik’s and more towards a draw biased so that will automatically lower the flight.

issue is now I’m trying to play a no spin fade. 😂

anyway my single is stuck at Fed Ex and says exception with no delivery date.  So I figure around Easter I’ll be able to give a review.  🤣

I am hitting some really long fade bombs though with the Sim.  It’s at 194g and the heavier weight up front as I swapped the back to a lighter weight.  Hit 3 over 300 on very wet, cold conditions.  Places I would normally be when it’s dry and warm and roll.  Mud on every shot.  So if I only gain carry that’s good enough for me as that’s controllable where roll is not.  

Waiting for the Autoflex and I am playing 10.5 Sim turn down to 9.5.  I already bought some lighter front weights but now I am thinking, I prefer lighter back weight.  That should keep the spin down more.  I currently have a 19g front weight in the Sim.  

Any thought on the weight set up.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

6 hours ago, keepingsanitythrugolf said:

Ball is Bridgestone BXS

Trackman indoor

15 swings each

10* Fuji                    7.75* Autoflex

Swing               117.3 +- 1.2               113 +- 1.9

Ball speed        173.6 +- 2.7              162.8 +- 4.5

Spin                  2441 +- 395             3560 +- 429

Carry                292 +- 11.2               273 +- 13.1

AoA                   0.1 +- 1.5                  0.7 +- 0.2

Launch             11.4 +- 1.3                 15.8 +-1.9

Land angle       38.9  +- 2.9              48.4 +- 4.6

Height              102 feet +- 8.2         147 feet +- 16

Smash              1.48 +- .02                  1.44 +- 0.3

I have watched all the Autoflex videos on youtube several times, the most important thing on this shaft is to control the spin and launch and it seems a heavier head will create too more spins and launch.   That's my thought.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

7 minutes ago, shaolingolfer said:

Waiting for the Autoflex and I am playing 10.5 Sim turn down to 9.5.  I already bought some lighter front weights but now I am thinking, I prefer lighter back weight.  That should keep the spin down more.  I currently have a 19g front weight in the Sim.  

It will depend on your own launch conditions, but I think in general more weight up front is a benefit with Autoflex unless you are down around 7 degrees of loft. Moving all the weight forward in my Callaway head moved launch down about 1 degree and knocked a couple hundred RPM off.

So I was thinking of tinkering with the SIM setup to maybe get a few 100 RPM's down on the spin (would love to drop about 200-300).  I know the rear weight is 12g and the slider is 10g.  Moving the mass forward should help.  I was going to pickup a 18g front slider weight and a 5g rear weight to try it out.  But I read that the SIM is set up to have the heavy weight in the back for engineering purposes, and not recommended to change it.  That kinda makes sense...then again if it has a screw in weight in my mind it's meant to be configurable.  

Anyone try this?  Trying to keep the swingweight about the same but trying to move the mass towards the face.

5 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

My Sim is a tour issued and 10.3 on loft.  I kept it neutral and have a heavier weight up front and the lightest in the back.  It’s going to be up to you on the combo but my head weight comes in at 194g without the adapter.  So my swing weight is D1.5.  

now I’m hitting a high no spin cut so i am intentionally hitting it higher.  I can hit a lower draw or even a lower cut if I tee it lower and change a bit in my set up.  When it’s windy I will do that but for regular sunny days I’m going to try and play the cut shot.  Changing it up as I always played a baby draw. 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 minutes ago, NYgolfer30 said:

Very well said. I also am in the ugly boat and agree with what you experienced. I cannot get the proper swing to knock spin down. ss ~105 12hcp. I have the 505 playing 45.75” at D4. I did not want to tinker with SW yet as TXG also had Matty hit his Autoflex at D4. So I left it.

I have not hit the course yet but I have probably hit 1000 range balls with it. When you put the proper swing on it, I do think it is superior to other shafts. But that proper swing, for me, happens 1 out of every 10 or so swings. Not very consistent for me. So for me a “normal” shaft seems to be much more consistent. 

I like you, don’t want to give up on it yet. But I do have it up for sale and if someone gives me the right # I may sell it. I’m not sure yet, as I REALLY want to make it work. But not sure if I want to adjust to the shaft like you said. Urghhhhh

With your swing speed I would have recommended the SF505X.  The shaft gives people about 3mph and it seems the extra weight in the shaft would have helped with your swing weight issue. 

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

36 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

With your swing speed I would have recommended the SF505X.  The shaft gives people about 3mph and it seems the extra weight in the shaft would have helped with your swing weight issue. 

Most of my swings are below 105. 103 I would say is my average if I tried to be exact. Not sure if SW is really the problem though. TXG theirs is a D4 also. And as sanity has said, doesn’t seem like adding butt weight etc made any difference if anything it made it worse. It’s possible the head could be too heavy, TSi3. Like I said though I know it works WHEN you put the right swing on it. Problem I’m having is it’s hard for me to put the right swing on it. I have to really adjust, something I’m not comfortable with doing of course. 

50 minutes ago, NYgolfer30 said:

Most of my swings are below 105. 103 I would say is my average if I tried to be exact. Not sure if SW is really the problem though. TXG theirs is a D4 also. And as sanity has said, doesn’t seem like adding butt weight etc made any difference if anything it made it worse. It’s possible the head could be too heavy, TSi3. Like I said though I know it works WHEN you put the right swing on it. Problem I’m having is it’s hard for me to put the right swing on it. I have to really adjust, something I’m not comfortable with doing of course. 

I’ve found if you have a much smoother takeaway that once you get to the top you can be as aggressive as you want.  You have to let the shaft load properly.  Also the TSi3 shouldn’t be more than 195g and that wouldn’t put you more than D2.5 at most at 46inches playing length.   

PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

I’ve found if you have a much smoother takeaway that once you get to the top you can be as aggressive as you want.  You have to let the shaft load properly.  Also the TSi3 shouldn’t be more than 195g and that wouldn’t put you more than D2.5 at most at 46inches playing length.   

Well I have a TSi3 45.75” with a lamkin st+2 on it and it’s at D4.. wish it was lower. 

Just now, NYgolfer30 said:

Well I have a TSi3 45.75” with a lamkin st+2 on it and it’s at D4.. wish it was lower. 

Wow that’s a heavy head.  I’d weigh it.  Might need to try and get a lighter back weight.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

When I had my much heavier Mavrik with hot melt in it, I had a 2 way miss and hard to time up.  Every once in a few swings I’d crush one but then the next few would be off the planet in both directions.  Got a new Mavrik without hot melt and got the swing weight corrected.  Massive change. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

^^^ brilliant post !

I'm not negative on the shaft, nor its price, nor the positive or negative comments in this thread, this is all fun stuff !  But I too am surprised at the effort put in by some of those that have this shaft to make it work for them, most likely because of its super high price.  I agree with your Barney Adams comments too.  Regardless, testing and evaluating the latest hot piece of kit is enjoyable to read about.

Edited by ARL67
  • Like 2

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Titleist TSi2 10*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrids  |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

8 hours ago, keepingsanitythrugolf said:

I just got my 5th round in with Autoflex, and I'm going back to my original shaft for now. It's getting to the point where I'm no longer making adjustments, but making a swing change just to try and get this to work. Starting to have negative effect on my iron shots too. I will wait for the TSi4 to come out, see if that will help with the spin. If that still doesn't work out, it will go in my closet. Maybe try it out again in a decade when I cant use my normal shaft.

Also, on Sunday, we had one that snapped into 3 pieces at impact. I've seen many guys snap their shafts in half, because it hit their neck or behind the neck/shoulder at follow through, but this is the first time I've seen a shaft break into 3 at impact. But respect and credit to the Autoflex rep, they replied within 2 hours and will be providing us with a a replacement.

autoflex.jpg.8fd3f999f63e43627ec0abde5e583a6b.jpg

QuigleyDU believes this is a high priced gimmick. And i'm starting to agree.

I do not think the shaft itself is a gimmick, as it does work for some. The gimmick is the pricing, marketing, and the name is a misnomer. I believe when it comes to pricing, it's the Chivas Regal effect.

The name...there is nothing "Auto" about this shaft. We didn't get this shaft because Matt on TXG was hitting bombs, we were curious about the auto aspect, wondering if there is such thing as a "one size fits most" for shafts like there is for caps. I guess it was foolish on our part to even consider it possible.

This autoflex experiment has made me reflect of my past fitting experiences and why we purchase clubs. It reminds me of what Barney Adams said about how many shots it takes to determine whether a club is not for us. His answer was 3. The point he was trying to make is if after 3 swings the club isn't optimal for you, you will start making adjustments, consciously or subconsciously, to make it work.

NyGolfer30, why haven't you given up on it yet? Maybe you can agree with this.

It's because we invested in it, paid a high price for it. This is why I compare it to the Chivas regal effect.

If this shaft was $100, would everyone put in all that effort to make this shaft work?

If a driver head cost $1000, I'm sure we will put extra effort in finding a shaft that works. The autoflex is just the reverse; we invested in a shaft and now trying to find a head that works. And in our case, not just a head, but a swing that works for this shaft.

So where do we draw the line? After 30 shots, after 50? Or after 1000? Shouldn't shafts be matched to the DNA of our swing, not change our swing's DNA to match the shaft.

If I convinced someone to buy a Ping 425 with a diamana whiteboard at 47" for $5000, they will try to find a way to make it work, or at least put more effort than normally.

Autoflex is just another shaft in the market, no different than that whiteboard. It will be "natural fit" for some, and not for others.

That was such a great post and pretty much spot on. Main point being if it was a $100 shaft no one would be putting the effort in to "MAKE IT WORK".

Luckily for me it worked right from the first swing. Was it worth $700+? In the grand scheme of things probably not, but WTH. I don't want to die with a big bank account. And after all it is golf and what I love with a passion.

It definitely has lowered my scores by maybe 2 strokes a round, mainly due to dispersion. But when I do everything right I am definitely 10-12 yards longer as well.

So to sum it up for me it was a WIN!!

• Like 3

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 Red w/White Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

On 12/29/2020 at 11:02 AM, keepingsanitythrugolf said:

Ball is Bridgestone BXS

Trackman indoor

15 swings each

10* Fuji                    7.75* Autoflex

Swing               117.3 +- 1.2               113 +- 1.9

Ball speed        173.6 +- 2.7              162.8 +- 4.5

Spin                  2441 +- 395             3560 +- 429

Carry                292 +- 11.2               273 +- 13.1

AoA                   0.1 +- 1.5                  0.7 +- 0.2

Launch             11.4 +- 1.3                 15.8 +-1.9

Land angle       38.9  +- 2.9              48.4 +- 4.6

Height              102 feet +- 8.2         147 feet +- 16

Smash              1.48 +- .02                  1.44 +- 0.3

thanks for the info. Those numbers don't make sense to me, particularly due to the difference in the weight of the shaft. What's the weight of the head?

9 hours ago, keepingsanitythrugolf said:

I just got my 5th round in with Autoflex, and I'm going back to my original shaft for now. It's getting to the point where I'm no longer making adjustments, but making a swing change just to try and get this to work. Starting to have negative effect on my iron shots too. I will wait for the TSi4 to come out, see if that will help with the spin. If that still doesn't work out, it will go in my closet. Maybe try it out again in a decade when I cant use my normal shaft.

Also, on Sunday, we had one that snapped into 3 pieces at impact. I've seen many guys snap their shafts in half, because it hit their neck or behind the neck/shoulder at follow through, but this is the first time I've seen a shaft break into 3 at impact. But respect and credit to the Autoflex rep, they replied within 2 hours and will be providing us with a a replacement.

autoflex.jpg.8fd3f999f63e43627ec0abde5e583a6b.jpg

QuigleyDU believes this is a high priced gimmick. And i'm starting to agree.

I do not think the shaft itself is a gimmick, as it does work for some. The gimmick is the pricing, marketing, and the name is a misnomer. I believe when it comes to pricing, it's the Chivas Regal effect.

The name...there is nothing "Auto" about this shaft. We didn't get this shaft because Matt on TXG was hitting bombs, we were curious about the auto aspect, wondering if there is such thing as a "one size fits most" for shafts like there is for caps. I guess it was foolish on our part to even consider it possible.

This autoflex experiment has made me reflect of my past fitting experiences and why we purchase clubs. It reminds me of what Barney Adams said about how many shots it takes to determine whether a club is not for us. His answer was 3. The point he was trying to make is if after 3 swings the club isn't optimal for you, you will start making adjustments, consciously or subconsciously, to make it work.

NyGolfer30, why haven't you given up on it yet? Maybe you can agree with this.

It's because we invested in it, paid a high price for it. This is why I compare it to the Chivas regal effect.

If this shaft was $100, would everyone put in all that effort to make this shaft work?

If a driver head cost $1000, I'm sure we will put extra effort in finding a shaft that works. The autoflex is just the reverse; we invested in a shaft and now trying to find a head that works. And in our case, not just a head, but a swing that works for this shaft.

So where do we draw the line? After 30 shots, after 50? Or after 1000? Shouldn't shafts be matched to the DNA of our swing, not change our swing's DNA to match the shaft.

If I convinced someone to buy a Ping 425 with a diamana whiteboard at 47" for $5000, they will try to find a way to make it work, or at least put more effort than normally.

Autoflex is just another shaft in the market, no different than that whiteboard. It will be "natural fit" for some, and not for others.

I don’t think this could of been said any betters. 

2 hours ago, WhostherealSlimShady said:

thanks for the info. Those numbers don't make sense to me, particularly due to the difference in the weight of the shaft. What's the weight of the head?

201 grams. 

The 113 swing speed I think is due to 2 main factors. The first is I have to swing differently to get any decent strike. If I gave it my "normal" swing, 3 out of 10 times I would top the ball. I have a pretty fast backswing, a common trait with the other guys who arent having success with this shaft. You can feel the head waggling around. Gotta go real slow on the backswing, almost like a Hideki feel to it.

The 2nd part is probably the lack of confidence to go at it. Put those 2 together, that's what probably caused by swing to drop by 4 mph.

My concerns though were the other numbers, and frankly I'm trying to make a sense out of it too.

But I got a different question for you Slim. Not whether these numbers make sense, but if you went into a fitting session and got these numbers, but the fitter kept telling you after X amount of time "if you get the swing right, this shaft will work", is the fitter fitting you or trying to sell you something?

Titleist TS3 8.5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist TS3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 22* 

Srixon Zx7 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*

Indi 58*

Odyssey O-Works 1 Wide

Interesting new Video from TXG on the AF in a 3 wood at D3.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 hours ago, NYgolfer30 said:

Lol yea I read that too fast. He’s right. “Korea Hidden Technology” 

When my buddy saw what i was hitting and then a few shots off the tee he grabbed it out of the bag and saw that and laughed.  We have a running joke as I was born there as my dad was stationed there.  So we always joke about N. Korea and their secret weapons.  He just said I have some “sources” and instead of dominating the nuclear world, they are trying to dominate the golf world.  Also how his father got 18 holes in one during one round. 😂

PXG Hybrid stand bag

21 minutes ago, keepingsanitythrugolf said:

201 grams. 

The 113 swing speed I think is due to 2 main factors. The first is I have to swing differently to get any decent strike. If I gave it my "normal" swing, 3 out of 10 times I would top the ball. I have a pretty fast backswing, a common trait with the other guys who arent having success with this shaft. You can feel the head waggling around. Gotta go real slow on the backswing, almost like a Hideki feel to it.

The 2nd part is probably the lack of confidence to go at it. Put those 2 together, that's what probably caused by swing to drop by 4 mph.

My concerns though were the other numbers, and frankly I'm trying to make a sense out of it too.

But I got a different question for you Slim. Not whether these numbers make sense, but if you went into a fitting session and got these numbers, but the fitter kept telling you after X amount of time "if you get the swing right, this shaft will work", is the fitter fitting you or trying to sell you something?

That’s a very heavy head to pair with this shaft.  When I had my hot melted a Mavrik it was 204g and I was all over the place with it.  Got a new one without hot melt and it comes in at 193g and now it’s a bomber.  Same with my Sim 194g and no issues.  

when it was too heavy I also had a couple out of 10 that were fantastic but then the others were both huge misses right and left.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

That’s a very heavy head to pair with this shaft.  When I had my hot melted a Mavrik it was 204g and I was all over the place with it.  Got a new one without hot melt and it comes in at 193g and now it’s a bomber.  Same with my Sim 194g and no issues.  

when it was too heavy I also had a couple out of 10 that were fantastic but then the others were both huge misses right and left.

Started out at 195, which is using the Standard surefit weight. It was worse.

Titleist TS3 8.5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist TS3 Hybrid 19*

Ping G425 22* 

Srixon Zx7 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*

Indi 58*

Odyssey O-Works 1 Wide

From reading this thread and the Shiels review thread it seems we have to have to use a clubhead tailored to very specific weight specs and change our swings to accommodate a $700 shaft.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

So I must say I’ve changed my tune a little bit. I just got out from the range where I probably hit ~60 drives and I must say I had a much better session today. Before getting the Autoflex I played at 44.5”, the Autoflex now being 45.75”. I guess in previous range sessions I did not compensate enough for the added length. Today I took a little more of a step back, flattened my swing out a little and I was hitting MUCH better shots. I was MUCH more consistent and had a good amount of center face strikes. This is the only shaft I have for my TSi3 head, but I also have a Fuji Speeder Evo 7 shaft coming in next week. I’ll be able to compare the two in a couple weeks. At the moment I’m not looking to sell anymore, I feel good about the shaft more then I did yesterday lol. But that’s golf right, next week I’ll be unsure again. 

Just now, NYgolfer30 said:

So I must say I’ve changed my tune a little bit. I just got out from the range where I probably hit ~60 drives and I must say I had a much better session today. Before getting the Autoflex I played at 44.5”, the Autoflex now being 45.75”. I guess in previous range sessions I did not compensate enough for the added length. Today I took a little more of a step back, flattened my swing out a little and I was hitting MUCH better shots. I was MUCH more consistent and had a good amount of center face strikes. This is the only shaft I have for my TSi3 head, but I also have a Fuji Speeder Evo 7 shaft coming in next week. I’ll be able to compare the two in a couple weeks. At the moment I’m not looking to sell anymore, I feel good about the shaft more then I did yesterday lol. But that’s golf right, next week I’ll be unsure again. 

I should add I have a flat driver swing normally. The only big adjustment I made was taking a little step further back. Which you would do with any shaft thats 1.25” longer then your normal. But like I said we’ll see the comparison to another premium shaft in the Fuji Speeder Evo 7 in the coming weeks.