Jump to content

KHT Autoflex shaft


chocolate_rehab

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, M44km44k said:

I'm not sure if I want to scrap the whole project or buy a radspeed or Sim 2.

You're already into the project for some decent $ with the shaft alone.

 

And you may well have your WRX privileges revoked, if you don't buy at least one more head as a proof point. 😂

  • Haha 4

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, M44km44k said:

Is anyone out there using a Mavrik SZ? I'm getting to the point of giving up on it. Just can't seem to find the right head weight. From 198 down to 186 and nothing seems to be working for me. 

I'm not sure if I want to scrap the whole project or buy a radspeed or Sim 2. It seems most people are having success with those combos. Maybe I just don't have the right transition for this thing? It's too bad I really wanted this one to work out. 

My Single Diamond is basically a SZ.  Play at 46” with a 192g head weight.  

  • Thanks 1

Callaway Tour Issue Epic Speed Triple Diamond DS 9.6*- AutoFlex SF505XX/

TM Tour Issue Sim2 Max 8* Ventus Black 5X

Callaway Tour Issue Mavrik 3 wood Ventus Red 7X 
TM Sim2 5 wood- Ventus Red 7X/ Callaway Super Hybrid Ventus Black 9TX (I go between the 5W and hybrid at times). 
or depending on course and conditions: 3i Titleist U505 Tour AD DI 85X
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-PW PXG Gen3 MMT 105TX (5 and 6 Players, 7-PW MMT 105TX)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 50*, 55* 
TM MG3 60* LW
Odyssey EXO 7  35inch
PXG Desert Camo carry stand bag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, M44km44k said:

Is anyone out there using a Mavrik SZ? I'm getting to the point of giving up on it. Just can't seem to find the right head weight. From 198 down to 186 and nothing seems to be working for me. 

I'm not sure if I want to scrap the whole project or buy a radspeed or Sim 2. It seems most people are having success with those combos. Maybe I just don't have the right transition for this thing? It's too bad I really wanted this one to work out. 

 

Perhaps some more info:

 

1. What is not "working out"?  What miss are you seeing?

2. Is the static weight (being so light) keeping you from finding center contact?

3. Are you playing the autoflex longer than your gamer?

 

186 grams is plenty light enough for the shaft to work.  Leads me to believe it is not the head.

 

What I tried to do is match my gamer.  Same playing length (I play shorter length).  Same head so I know how it performs depending on where contact is.

 

Not saying it is for everybody, but it seems some are trying to make such a dramatic change and then disappointed by the results (different swing weight, different static weight, different playing length, different head).

 

I know if I had tried to play my autoflex longer than what I am used to, I would be disappointed by now so I kept same head (but took weight out), same grip, same length...and all I had to do was focus on hitting center of the face.  It was a risk to cut the shaft, but it was only way it would have worked for me.

 

Good luck.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ewill48 said:

 

Perhaps some more info:

 

1. What is not "working out"?  What miss are you seeing?

2. Is the static weight (being so light) keeping you from finding center contact?

3. Are you playing the autoflex longer than your gamer?

 

186 grams is plenty light enough for the shaft to work.  Leads me to believe it is not the head.

 

What I tried to do is match my gamer.  Same playing length (I play shorter length).  Same head so I know how it performs depending on where contact is.

 

Not saying it is for everybody, but it seems some are trying to make such a dramatic change and then disappointed by the results (different swing weight, different static weight, different playing length, different head).

 

I know if I had tried to play my autoflex longer than what I am used to, I would be disappointed by now so I kept same head (but took weight out), same grip, same length...and all I had to do was focus on hitting center of the face.  It was a risk to cut the shaft, but it was only way it would have worked for me.

 

Good luck.

1.) When I have the weight at 190 (best performance weight)  Seeing greater dispersion with similar speed and distance to my gamer. Ventus Blue 6s. I'm playing SF505. 

2.) Possibly? I hit about 50 balls with impact tape over the last week and it seems a little worse than my gamer.

3.) Playing at 46 which is .75 longer than gamer. Cutting it again is likely my next step. Or cutting my losses and selling it haha. 

I have been playing both Mavrik and Mav SZ for a year so no change there. 

1 hour ago, 5baytjd said:

You're already into the project for some decent $ with the shaft alone.

 

And you may well have your WRX privileges revoked, if you don't buy at least one more head as a proof point. 😂

Haha obviously I'm gonna do it!!! Just needed you to talk me into it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

1.) When I have the weight at 190 (best performance weight)  Seeing greater dispersion with similar speed and distance to my gamer. Ventus Blue 6s. I'm playing SF505. 

2.) Possibly? I hit about 50 balls with impact tape over the last week and it seems a little worse than my gamer.

3.) Playing at 46 which is .75 longer than gamer. Cutting it again is likely my next step. Or cutting my losses and selling it haha. 

I have been playing both Mavrik and Mav SZ for a year so no change there. 

Haha obviously I'm gonna do it!!! Just needed you to talk me into it! 

Trying choking down a little and see if that length works .  That way you can tell if it works before making the decision to cut or sell.  
 

I did try and hit one of my AF shafts at 47.  Couldn’t find the center to save my life and my shots were all over the place.  I choked down an inch to play at 46 as that’s what I play my AF in the gamer and when I did that, it was back to usual.  
 

what weight configuration are you using?  What is the configuration you use with your gamer?   Sometimes that has an affect as well.  

Callaway Tour Issue Epic Speed Triple Diamond DS 9.6*- AutoFlex SF505XX/

TM Tour Issue Sim2 Max 8* Ventus Black 5X

Callaway Tour Issue Mavrik 3 wood Ventus Red 7X 
TM Sim2 5 wood- Ventus Red 7X/ Callaway Super Hybrid Ventus Black 9TX (I go between the 5W and hybrid at times). 
or depending on course and conditions: 3i Titleist U505 Tour AD DI 85X
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-PW PXG Gen3 MMT 105TX (5 and 6 Players, 7-PW MMT 105TX)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 50*, 55* 
TM MG3 60* LW
Odyssey EXO 7  35inch
PXG Desert Camo carry stand bag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was down in Pinehurst over the weekend and played the loop around my parents house on #5...which equates to 9 holes before it got dark.

 

It was another good day of driving the ball with the 505x. I changed back to removing the 3g weight and replacing it with the 1g square lead tape to cover the hole vs. when I played Duke on Friday. 

 

The conditions were still windy and cold but I was driving the ball well. I really only had one bad drive which was a mental error on the very first drive of not aiming down the left side. On the course I seem to have this power fade (which I am fine with). One drive in particular was into the wind and finished at about 261 yards. That is big for me. Another drive was down wind a bit, didn’t get all of it and ended up 260yds. There is still no roll out there so this is really encouraging for when it warms up.

 

I will be playing next week out at the coast at our beach place and the conditions should be much better vs. inland here in Raleigh.

 

I will post some results then...

 

I am also still keeping my eyes out for aftermarket weights for the back of the Sim2. I still plan on tinkering with some lighter options just to make sure I am not leaving something on the table.

TSi3 10* - Autoflex 505x

TM Sim2 Max 16.5 - Tour AD DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 21 - Tour AD VR 7X

PING G425 Hybrid 25* - Proforce V2 F5

Srixon ZX5 PW-5i - Nippon Tour 105 S

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - PX LZ 6.0

Scotty Laguna

ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got out for my first round with the 505X. 
 

This shaft is the real deal and definitely no gimmick. The driver has always been the worst club in my bag. For the first time yesterday I can say I have complete confidence standing on the tee 

 

I played with my regular playing partners and was out driving the longest guy. All 3 were making comments about how good I was hitting it and asking questions about it. We played in Canada in about 12 degrees Celsius.  The only time I didn’t hit it well is when I tried to go after it. 
 

I was swinging smooth and slower than last year but hitting it further but with way more control. For anybody on the fence, I would definitely get one or at least try a demo / fitting. 
 

you have to ask yourself what price you’re willing to pay for the result. For me I can swing smoother and hit about 15 yards past last year with confidence and control. Can’t wait to see what spots I hit on my actual course. 
 

swing speed 105-110 normally. 505x is a great fit. Asked the builder for 45.5” at 8 degrees at D2
 

my stock M6 was supposed to be 45.75”. For some reason the Autoflex is longer when I line them up side by side. I’ll have to bring it to a local golf fitter to get actual length and swing weight specs to be sure 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stealthall said:

Was down in Pinehurst over the weekend and played the loop around my parents house on #5...which equates to 9 holes before it got dark.

 

It was another good day of driving the ball with the 505x. I changed back to removing the 3g weight and replacing it with the 1g square lead tape to cover the hole vs. when I played Duke on Friday. 

 

The conditions were still windy and cold but I was driving the ball well. I really only had one bad drive which was a mental error on the very first drive of not aiming down the left side. On the course I seem to have this power fade (which I am fine with). One drive in particular was into the wind and finished at about 261 yards. That is big for me. Another drive was down wind a bit, didn’t get all of it and ended up 260yds. There is still no roll out there so this is really encouraging for when it warms up.

 

I will be playing next week out at the coast at our beach place and the conditions should be much better vs. inland here in Raleigh.

 

I will post some results then...

 

I am also still keeping my eyes out for aftermarket weights for the back of the Sim2. I still plan on tinkering with some lighter options just to make sure I am not leaving something on the table.

 

5 is a good track. I love the closing holes. I'm on Mid South, Talamore, and Dormie this weekend.

 

I got rounds in at Finley and Carolina Trace last weekend. Saturday conditions were brutal - cold, soggy fairways, and super windy. Not my best day driving the ball. Only hit 7/14 fairways but managed to scramble well for an 82. Much better conditions yesterday. I hit 11/14 fairways including two bombs - one that went 318 which is HUGE for me and another that went 285. I was consistently in the 255-265 range which is a pretty good driving day for me. I played the par 3s at +7 and shot 85 on the round. The focus on the driver has hurt my iron play so I need to hit the range this week before heading to the Sandhills on Friday. 

 

Stealth - We should get out in Raleigh area at some point.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JMATHEEENS said:

 

5 is a good track. I love the closing holes. I'm on Mid South, Talamore, and Dormie this weekend.

 

I got rounds in at Finley and Carolina Trace last weekend. Saturday conditions were brutal - cold, soggy fairways, and super windy. Not my best day driving the ball. Only hit 7/14 fairways but managed to scramble well for an 82. Much better conditions yesterday. I hit 11/14 fairways including two bombs - one that went 318 which is HUGE for me and another that went 285. I was consistently in the 255-265 range which is a pretty good driving day for me. I played the par 3s at +7 and shot 85 on the round. The focus on the driver has hurt my iron play so I need to hit the range this week before heading to the Sandhills on Friday. 

 

Stealth - We should get out in Raleigh area at some point.

 

 

 

That is some good stuff considering how crappy the conditions have been. At Duke I went out 43 and back 48. It’s just too much to ask for my game to scramble every hole and get up and down in slop. The guys I played with maybe broke 100 and they are mid to low 80’s players. It’s brutal.

 

On the playing front, absolutely, I would love to get out and play somewhere with you. Let’s plan for later in April/early May to let this place dry up and green up a little. I usually try to play during the week, a Monday or Friday to keep the peace at home.

TSi3 10* - Autoflex 505x

TM Sim2 Max 16.5 - Tour AD DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 21 - Tour AD VR 7X

PING G425 Hybrid 25* - Proforce V2 F5

Srixon ZX5 PW-5i - Nippon Tour 105 S

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - PX LZ 6.0

Scotty Laguna

ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stealthall said:

That is some good stuff considering how crappy the conditions have been. At Duke I went out 43 and back 48. It’s just too much to ask for my game to scramble every hole and get up and down in slop. The guys I played with maybe broke 100 and they are mid to low 80’s players. It’s brutal.

 

On the playing front, absolutely, I would love to get out and play somewhere with you. Let’s plan for later in April/early May to let this place dry up and green up a little. I usually try to play during the week, a Monday or Friday to keep the peace at home.

 

I can probably make a Friday afternoon work. Headed to Scottsdale late April / early May so lets shoot for some time in May. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So went out for a long range session today and took about 20 hacks with the autoflex in the Mavrik Sub Zero. Switching the weights from 2g back 4g front 2g back 5g front 2g back 6g front. Two way misses on everything again. 

Took some with my gamer ventus Blue 6s in standard Mav head and all right down main street.

Suddenly the comment from ewill48 popped in my head about playing as similar setup to gamer as possible. So I switched to the standard Mav head with the autoflex and boom!!!! Instantly started hitting bombs (for me that is) with a fade. I started dropping the weight 2g at a time starting with 10 all the way down to 2g.  I settled on 4g and was hitting my usual baby draw well past my usual mark. Felt like I couldn't hit it anywhere but straight.  I'll have to check the head weight, swing weight,  hop on the simulator and report back. 

Moral of the story is this shaft is crazy! This month I've swung a driver more than in the last year, I've never had so much frustration in my life, and am now more excited to hit driver than ever. If it wasn't for this thread I would have given up. For the life of me I don't know why I couldn't get these results out of the SZ, or why it took me so long to try the regular Mav but at this point I'm just happy to have a taste of what everyone on here has experienced. 

Had three separate members come up and comment on it. A few I've played with even commented on how well I was hitting it. Only bad thing was it felt so good  I probably hit it 70 more times. Might not be able to get out of bed tomorrow. 🤣

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

So went out for a long range session today and took about 20 hacks with the autoflex in the Mavrik Sub Zero. Switching the weights from 2g back 4g front 2g back 5g front 2g back 6g front. Two way misses on everything again. 

Took some with my gamer ventus Blue 6s in standard Mav head and all right down main street.

Suddenly the comment from ewill48 popped in my head about playing as similar setup to gamer as possible. So I switched to the standard Mav head with the autoflex and boom!!!! Instantly started hitting bombs (for me that is) with a fade. I started dropping the weight 2g at a time starting with 10 all the way down to 2g.  I settled on 4g and was hitting my usual baby draw well past my usual mark. Felt like I couldn't hit it anywhere but straight.  I'll have to check the head weight, swing weight,  hop on the simulator and report back. 

Moral of the story is this shaft is crazy! This month I've swung a driver more than in the last year, I've never had so much frustration in my life, and am now more excited to hit driver than ever. If it wasn't for this thread I would have given up. For the life of me I don't know why I couldn't get these results out of the SZ, or why it took me so long to try the regular Mav but at this point I'm just happy to have a taste of what everyone on here has experienced. 

Had three separate members come up and comment on it. A few I've played with even commented on how well I was hitting it. Only bad thing was it felt so good  I probably hit it 70 more times. Might not be able to get out of bed tomorrow. 🤣

 

Would be interested in the average club head speed, ball speed, dispersion and distance gains of the Autoflex vs the Ventus blue once you get on the launch monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had mine now for maybe a couple of months. STILL the straightest shaft I have ever hit !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SEP1006
  • Like 1

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim 2 - 9* | 🔥🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥🔥
3 WD -        Taylor Made Sim Max 14* | Ventus Red Regular 
HYBRIDS-   PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 4 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Mitsubishi MMT 80 Stiff
WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX XL ULTRALIGHT grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   PXG ☠️One and Done☠️w/JUMBOMAX 17" FLAT
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -       Bridgestone BXS / Pro V1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, M44km44k said:

So went out for a long range session today and took about 20 hacks with the autoflex in the Mavrik Sub Zero. Switching the weights from 2g back 4g front 2g back 5g front 2g back 6g front. Two way misses on everything again. 

Took some with my gamer ventus Blue 6s in standard Mav head and all right down main street.

Suddenly the comment from ewill48 popped in my head about playing as similar setup to gamer as possible. So I switched to the standard Mav head with the autoflex and boom!!!! Instantly started hitting bombs (for me that is) with a fade. I started dropping the weight 2g at a time starting with 10 all the way down to 2g.  I settled on 4g and was hitting my usual baby draw well past my usual mark. Felt like I couldn't hit it anywhere but straight.  I'll have to check the head weight, swing weight,  hop on the simulator and report back. 

Moral of the story is this shaft is crazy! This month I've swung a driver more than in the last year, I've never had so much frustration in my life, and am now more excited to hit driver than ever. If it wasn't for this thread I would have given up. For the life of me I don't know why I couldn't get these results out of the SZ, or why it took me so long to try the regular Mav but at this point I'm just happy to have a taste of what everyone on here has experienced. 

Had three separate members come up and comment on it. A few I've played with even commented on how well I was hitting it. Only bad thing was it felt so good  I probably hit it 70 more times. Might not be able to get out of bed tomorrow. 🤣

 

 

Well done!!!!  The Autoflex really seems to ENHANCE what you ALREADY have success with. It DOES NOT suddenly give you the ability to do things you are not historically good at. (In my opinion)

 

For me as I have had several rounds with it now.

 

* Physical effort required is night and day vs. My previous stiff flex shaft

* When I catch it solid, monster distance

* When I don't catch it perfect, still goes further than previous shaft

* My shot shape is a straight to slight fade.  The AF did not give me ability to hit draws.

 

I have only used one head (G400 Max) with the Autoflex because it was previously the best head for me and my swing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ewill48 said:

 

Well done!!!!  The Autoflex really seems to ENHANCE what you ALREADY have success with. It DOES NOT suddenly give you the ability to do things you are not historically good at. (In my opinion)

 

For me as I have had several rounds with it now.

 

* Physical effort required is night and day vs. My previous stiff flex shaft

* When I catch it solid, monster distance

* When I don't catch it perfect, still goes further than previous shaft

* My shot shape is a straight to slight fade.  The AF did not give me ability to hit draws.

 

I have only used one head (G400 Max) with the Autoflex because it was previously the best head for me and my swing.

Any idea how much your G400 head weighs?  I am trying to pair autoflex with g410lst.  Thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theres a good TXG video with Ronnie from last week where they show Ian pairing the Autoflex with the Ping SFT and it's all over the place and then switching to MAX and it comes alive. I do think there is a certain marriage between driver head and the Autoflex. It's not a great pairing for the TSI2 as I have experienced, so I am hopeful my switch to Radspeed is what I need.

 

My problem is my high end club guy is away for a couple weeks and I'm not letting a big box do a shaft pull on a shaft this expensive, so gotta wait a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ThorntonMelon said:

Theres a good TXG video with Ronnie from last week where they show Ian pairing the Autoflex with the Ping SFT and it's all over the place and then switching to MAX and it comes alive. I do think there is a certain marriage between driver head and the Autoflex. It's not a great pairing for the TSI2 as I have experienced, so I am hopeful my switch to Radspeed is what I need.

 

My problem is my high end club guy is away for a couple weeks and I'm not letting a big box do a shaft pull on a shaft this expensive, so gotta wait a bit. 

Curious. Why do you think the TSi2 not work for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ThorntonMelon said:

Theres a good TXG video with Ronnie from last week where they show Ian pairing the Autoflex with the Ping SFT and it's all over the place and then switching to MAX and it comes alive. I do think there is a certain marriage between driver head and the Autoflex. It's not a great pairing for the TSI2 as I have experienced, so I am hopeful my switch to Radspeed is what I need.

 

My problem is my high end club guy is away for a couple weeks and I'm not letting a big box do a shaft pull on a shaft this expensive, so gotta wait a bit. 

With my limited experience and complete lack of expertise I would say yes... but also say that it varies from person to person. 

A lot of people responded to my earlier post saying they had success with the Mav SZ and I had no luck at all. Switched to the non sub zero and it was unbelievably easy to get the results I was after. Would love to know why but I'm not the guy with those answers. 

Edited by M44km44k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 page thread and counting! TL, DR... is the consensus that this is the unicorn for sure?  $700+ is an expensive experiment, but so are 3x $250 shafts that don’t deliver. For those familiar with Seven Dreamers or Basileus AAA shafts, how does Autoflex compare?

EFSZ 9* (Ventus Blue VeloCore 6S) / 0811X+ Proto 10.5* (TZ5 Proto 55S) / G400LST 10* (HZRDUS Smoke Black 60-5.5).

0317 Gen1 17* & 0317X Gen2 19* (MMT 80S)

0311 Gen1 4-5 & 0311P Gen2 6-PW (SteelFiber i95S)

RTX4 Raw 52* & 58*, Mid (TI S400); HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
SC Red X2 / WHP 7CS

Tour B any model (normal cond.) / LD V1x (windy cond.)

- Backups: Rogue 2H & 3H; F7 2-3H; 0211; TW-X; IC-601; 716 T-MB; Lucky 777CS; WHP CSM 400g; Sigma G Kinloch C.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just don’t think this can be dialed in enough to be worth my time. Would need a seriously low spin head 

 

Autoflex 505xx

 

TSI3 playing 46.5” (including some testing choking down to around 45”) 

 

Head weight with weight = 195
Head weight without weight = 187 (about D0)

 

43103044-2FBA-4403-B78F-6EF4D6482E0C.jpeg

Edited by osubuckeyes691
  • Like 1

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just as a reference point for others - the TSi3 does not play well with Autoflex. This has been mentioned in some other AF groups I follow as well as by TXG.

 

It means my experiment with AF is over for now, as I don't want to drop the $ for another head after getting fit into the TSi3, and I probably would not try to fit myself again as the combo is so head/weight dependent, it really screams to be fit by someone who has access to a lot of options. However, I may be back someday. 😄

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9* // Autoflex 505

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3HL // Fujikura Ventus Blue

Ping G425 20*, 23* // Accra FX 2.0

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW // KBS TGI 80

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten // Stroke Lab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

Just don’t think this can be dialed in enough to be worth my time. Would need a seriously low spin head 

 

Autoflex 505xx

 

TSI3 playing 46.5” (including some testing choking down to around 45”) 

 

Head weight with weight = 195
Head weight without weight = 187 (about D0)

 

43103044-2FBA-4403-B78F-6EF4D6482E0C.jpeg

I agree. Hard to take off 1,000 RPM without some major changes to gear or swing or both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Just as a reference point for others - the TSi3 does not play well with Autoflex. This has been mentioned in some other AF groups I follow as well as by TXG.

 

It means my experiment with AF is over for now, as I don't want to drop the $ for another head after getting fit into the TSi3, and I probably would not try to fit myself again as the combo is so head/weight dependent, it really screams to be fit by someone who has access to a lot of options. However, I may be back someday. 😄

Dumb question for the experts on here. Since it's clear that this shaft just doesn't get along with certain heads, is that an autoflex thing or is that a pretty common  occurrence for shafts to not mesh well with different heads? I'm just an idiot who buys any new shiny shaft that starts trending here and puts them in whatever head I'm currently gaming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if you listened to Ian from TXG who is as much of an expert as anyone, that shaft/head combinations are not plug and play. I think this shaft is unique however in the disparities between good fits and poor ones. 

 

As Ive said above, TSI2 should be added to TSI3 as heads that just don't pair well. I think right now Cobra, TM, and Ping seem to be the best fits. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ThorntonMelon said:

I think if you listened to Ian from TXG who is as much of an expert as anyone, that shaft/head combinations are not plug and play. I think this shaft is unique however in the disparities between good fits and poor ones. 

 

As Ive said above, TSI2 should be added to TSI3 as heads that just don't pair well. I think right now Cobra, TM, and Ping seem to be the best fits. 

 

Also Callaway. A lot of people have had success with Taylormade and Callaway, SIM/SIM2 and Epic Flash/Mavrik in particular.

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9* // Autoflex 505

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3HL // Fujikura Ventus Blue

Ping G425 20*, 23* // Accra FX 2.0

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW // KBS TGI 80

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten // Stroke Lab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I tried something today that is the opposite of what I’ve done and what others have been doing.  Work has been just stressful and killing me at times.  No breaks, no lunches just meetings after meetings.  So today after work and I’m stressing, I went to the range just for stress relief.  My swing has been horrible lately as my body hasn’t come back from my Jan hospitalization as it has before.  So on the golf course it’s been stressful but because my swing is not dialed in at all.  Especially driver. 

 

anyway, go to the range just to basically swing as hard as I can.  Used to do something similar when I was younger but it was hoops.  Go and dunk, jump as high as possible and forget about everything around.


so I get to the range and after buying a large bucket they tell me the range is about to close because on Wednesday’s they hand pick the balls and everything shuts down 2hrs before sunset.

 

ive got a large bucket and now maybe 15 mins before they close it up.  So no stretching, warming up nothing.  I start just whacking 9i and 7i as hard as I can.  Actually feel the stress starting to leave.

 

then I put my custom Mavrik with hot melt (198g) into the SF505XX.  Cant hit the center of the face and it’s going everywhere.  I don’t mind as I’m just swinging hard like at the batting cage type swings.  Im trying to slow the tempo on the way back but then just ripping it on the downswing.  Then I remember a video from TXG where they thought the club shrinks during the downswing and all his center lined shots end up being heel strikes.  So I put the ball out on the toe and then I started hitting nothing but center strikes.  I mean dead on and the balls are going.  High straight, high slight fade and high slight draw when I wanted.  It’s all with beat up range balls and they landed and were all running.   I’m saying hello to the flag at 260 waving bye as my shots were flying past.  Don’t know actual as it’s difficult to know but it’s farther than my normal gamer with the range balls.  I think they were 270-280 carry.  Was going to swap out my heavy Mavrik to the lighter Single Diamond but then they told me I had to stop.  
 

Going to try and go tomorrow after work as they don’t shut down early on Thursdays and see if I see the same results again with the heavier Mavrik and then swap to the lighter Single Diamond Mavrik. 

  • Like 1

Callaway Tour Issue Epic Speed Triple Diamond DS 9.6*- AutoFlex SF505XX/

TM Tour Issue Sim2 Max 8* Ventus Black 5X

Callaway Tour Issue Mavrik 3 wood Ventus Red 7X 
TM Sim2 5 wood- Ventus Red 7X/ Callaway Super Hybrid Ventus Black 9TX (I go between the 5W and hybrid at times). 
or depending on course and conditions: 3i Titleist U505 Tour AD DI 85X
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-PW PXG Gen3 MMT 105TX (5 and 6 Players, 7-PW MMT 105TX)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 50*, 55* 
TM MG3 60* LW
Odyssey EXO 7  35inch
PXG Desert Camo carry stand bag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Then I remember a video from TXG where they thought the club shrinks during the downswing and all his center lined shots end up being heel strikes.

I'm confused. First of all, can a club really shrink on the downswing? Second, if a club does shrink on the DS, wouldn't that result in toe strikes.

 

It's entirely possible I'm missing something here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Discussion and Links
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Monday
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #4
       
      WITBs
      Aaron Rai - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brian Stuard - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Eugenio Chacarra - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brice Garnett - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Curtis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Andy Ogletree - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Sahith Theegala - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Stephan Jaeger - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jonas Blixt - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Streelman - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Burns - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Matthew Wolff - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Gary Woodland - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Davis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Saunders - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Special Galleries
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Cameron putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies

×
×
  • Create New...