KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

Yeah, that seems kinda backwards.

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

The txg 3 wood video found the shaft drooping and deflecting more which would move a heel strike to the center, a center strike to the toe. The extra 3 wood head weight was mainly the reason but dynamically the shaft will react different for everyone. Because the total club weight on the driver is lower maybe that is causing the opposite result.

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

2 hours ago, DLiver said:

I'm confused. First of all, can a club really shrink on the downswing? Second, if a club does shrink on the DS, wouldn't that result in toe strikes.

It's entirely possible I'm missing something here.

I don’t know.  It might have just been a weird day for me as I wasn’t worried about anything but swinging hard to just get some frustrations out.  I thought the same and maybe he meant it was on the toe and not heel.  I was just posting quickly after my range session and didn’t go back and look at the video, it was off memory.  However it worked for me yesterday.  Again have no idea why.  I’ll post after more testing and today trying to swing normal. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 3/22/2021 at 11:43 PM, rlb4 said:

Would be interested in the average club head speed, ball speed, dispersion and distance gains of the Autoflex vs the Ventus blue once you get on the launch monitor.

+1 - have been deciding whether it’s worth the investment to take a shot on switching from the Ventus Blue, so would love to hear your results. 

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy

For those asking about Ventus Blue I did some testing against Ventus Blue 6S (which I was going to buy before Autoflex demo became available) and Autoflex 505x/xx. 

I don’t have the session data as I had created a little strokes gained calculation for my decision as I’ve been finding on course length isn’t my issue the big miss is. My point here is I only have certain info I put in my excel sheet. Summary below but keep in mind the Ventus was at 45.5”, 505x was slightly longer but cut a bit and the 505xx was as uncut. I also used my Epic Flash SZ in the Ventus and 505x but the 505xx had Taylor Made tip so I had to use Sim2 and I’ve never had success with Sim or Sim2. Distance was with roll on Trackman given I was doing strokes gained. 

Ventus

Club speed 105.5

Ball Speed 155.9

Avg Distance 276

Std deviation offline 36

505x

Club speed 109.6

Ball speed 162.1

Avg Distance 292

Std deviation offline 27

505xx

Club speed 108.7

Ball speed 161.1

Avg distance 282

Std deviation offline 26

I hit 12 drives with each and no deleted shots. 

I bought the 505xx even though the results above suggested the 505x but as sad as I am to admit this I collapsed on the 505xx test. If you take my first 6 shots average distance was same as 505x but they were all straight shots with a standard deviation of 13. The next four swings were like I was leading the masters on 18 and I did not close, terrible results that tanked the averages on distance and brought dispersion up to 505x. 

Given I think I can get faster and other than a brain lapse the results were great I went 505xx and so far since I’ve got it things are good on limited testing. 

For me Autoflex making me straighter was more important than longer but so far I’ve got both. 

• Like 2

So I went out today to the range but this time with both the custom Mavrik (199g actually with a 2g in the back and hot melt forward and low).  So it acts like a SZ but has the forgiveness of the reg  Mavrik head.  Painted all black.  Then a normal Mavrik with 2g in the back 192g total weight.

not certain what’s going on but the heavy Mavrik performed like a beast with the SF505XX.  However again putting the ball near the toe and then on the downswing it’s center strike.  

now the interesting part.  Put the lighter head on the toe and ............. huge toe strike draw.  The lighter weighted head performed better when lining up normally.  

Both seemed to go about the same distance and height seemed the same.  One didn’t look higher or lower than the other.  Just strange that the heavier head was performing better when lining up toe side.  

maybe that’s the trick for people that use heavier heads. 

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 2

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

For last 2 rounds and range session, I have been putting the ball at least half a ball closer to toe and I have been hitting the ball a lot straighter and longer since I can swing more freely.

The reason is I can see my strike pattern seems to be more on the heel and push right and I remember what Ian said in the TXG video.  

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

10 hours ago, aph2011 said:

+1 - have been deciding whether it’s worth the investment to take a shot on switching from the Ventus Blue, so would love to hear your results. 

Glad someone got some numbers up! It's going to be a while before I can do a comparison on a  simulator. My clubs similator room flooded along with the entire first floor a few weeks back and I have no clue when the remodel will be done. I can get some skytrak numbers posted but that will not have all the data you are looking for.

Was back on Trackman indoors tonight for our weekly match. Cruising club speed was 112 mph during the round (pre Autoflex my personal best was 113 mph with max effort but I’d cruise at maybe 108 but often lower). I was missing strike a fair bit and spinning them up to 3100 so losing distance but hitting it in play (I’ll take in play misses that fly 250-260) but the only one I really hit (164 ball speed) caught a tree branch at 260 and dropped straight down. 

We finished on the Trackman long drive which says location Arizona (so I’m guessing some elevation help) and the ground seems pretty firm and fast but I was swinging smooth/fast at 115 mph (not out of my shoes) and hit all drives 300+ with 3 of them over 320 and the best one at 330 (flew 291). 

They aren’t all perfect but I’m seeing speeds and distances I’ve never seen before (I’ve hit 308 on that long drive before as my longest) and my misses are spinny pop flies so my dispersion is way tighter. Need to get on the course and trust I can swing fast but my buddies were shaking their heads (one is the fitter who now regrets selling me the shaft because of our weekly match). 

The shaft is so money. Looking forward to hearing people get off of a simulator or trackman and onto the course to see how it performs for them. I’ve got 4 rounds lined up this weekend including Pinehurst No 3 - the short course. Can’t wait to get out and finally play in shorts again. 

I’m getting fitted for a new 3/5 wood tomorrow so will get my driver head weighed, swing weight specs, and the length of my AF Radspeed measured while I’m there. 

On 3/24/2021 at 1:14 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Also Callaway. A lot of people have had success with Taylormade and Callaway, SIM/SIM2 and Epic Flash/Mavrik in particular.

I would say TSi4 is legit. I’ve hit it and it’s good in AF. 

TITLEIST TSR3 Ventus Black 6-X
TITLEIST TSi2 16.5* Ventus Black 8-X
TITLEIST U-505 3i Ventus Black 9-X
TITLEIST CP-03 4i Project X 6.5

TITLEIST CP-02 PW-5i Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 50/54/58 Project X Wedge 6.5
SIK Flo 

10 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

So I went out today to the range but this time with both the custom Mavrik (199g actually with a 2g in the back and hot melt forward and low).  So it acts like a SZ but has the forgiveness of the reg  Mavrik head.  Painted all black.  Then a normal Mavrik with 2g in the back 192g total weight.

not certain what’s going on but the heavy Mavrik performed like a beast with the SF505XX.  However again putting the ball near the toe and then on the downswing it’s center strike.  

now the interesting part.  Put the lighter head on the toe and ............. huge toe strike draw.  The lighter weighted head performed better when lining up normally.  

Both seemed to go about the same distance and height seemed the same.  One didn’t look higher or lower than the other.  Just strange that the heavier head was performing better when lining up toe side.  

maybe that’s the trick for people that use heavier heads. 

This is exactly how I set ( and have been ) up to the ball. Not just driver but ALL my clubs. Have been for a couple of years now with good success. Just my swing I guess but out works.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

has anyone tested the sim2 Max vs rad XB w/ af?Has anyone tested the sim2 Max vs Rad XB in AF?

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

19 hours ago, Gresh12 said:

For those asking about Ventus Blue I did some testing against Ventus Blue 6S (which I was going to buy before Autoflex demo became available) and Autoflex 505x/xx. 

I don’t have the session data as I had created a little strokes gained calculation for my decision as I’ve been finding on course length isn’t my issue the big miss is. My point here is I only have certain info I put in my excel sheet. Summary below but keep in mind the Ventus was at 45.5”, 505x was slightly longer but cut a bit and the 505xx was as uncut. I also used my Epic Flash SZ in the Ventus and 505x but the 505xx had Taylor Made tip so I had to use Sim2 and I’ve never had success with Sim or Sim2. Distance was with roll on Trackman given I was doing strokes gained. 

Ventus

Club speed 105.5

Ball Speed 155.9

Avg Distance 276

Std deviation offline 36

505x

Club speed 109.6

Ball speed 162.1

Avg Distance 292

Std deviation offline 27

505xx

Club speed 108.7

Ball speed 161.1

Avg distance 282

Std deviation offline 26

I hit 12 drives with each and no deleted shots. 

I bought the 505xx even though the results above suggested the 505x but as sad as I am to admit this I collapsed on the 505xx test. If you take my first 6 shots average distance was same as 505x but they were all straight shots with a standard deviation of 13. The next four swings were like I was leading the masters on 18 and I did not close, terrible results that tanked the averages on distance and brought dispersion up to 505x. 

Given I think I can get faster and other than a brain lapse the results were great I went 505xx and so far since I’ve got it things are good on limited testing. 

For me Autoflex making me straighter was more important than longer but so far I’ve got both. 

Incredibly helpful, thanks! 

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy

So I got an Autoflex SF505 and want to share my first range session thoughts for those interested. I was on the fence and want to share my genuine thoughts.

Usual numbers:

Driver Club Speed: 98-105mph

Carry: 250yds 

Usual Gamer Shot Shape: Fade

Gamer Shaft: Diamana DF 50 Stiff

Autoflex Setup:

Callaway MAVRIK Max 10.5 set to 9.5 Draw Setting

I changed the stock 14g weight for a 2g weight

Length: 45.75

Autoflex SF505 Rainbow (wish I had the pink one actually)

Initial thoughts:

- At the beginning all I could hit were big slices, the shaft is whippy and was not working with my usual aggressive tempo and transition. All strikes were towards the heel

-Once I started telling myself to swing as slow and smooth as possible and to keep stable throughout the swing. The BOMBs started showing up, its actually crazy how far I could hit it when timed correctly and hit in the middle. I was reaching a tree at the end of the range that I had never hit before and I was against the wind.

-After 100 balls, I hit many good shots but also crazy bad ones.  Anytime I get fast, I was getting punished severely

-All ball flights were launching very high and I wish I would have paired it with the Sub Zero head or gotten the 9 head and loft down to 8

Pros I saw:

-Felt very effortless to swing and I can see that being better for the last couple of holes 

-It produced a straight or slight draw on all smooth swings consistently without really trying which was nice to see for someone who usually slices

-It is truly so much longer and not hard to hit straight if swing is smooth

Cons:

-My biggest concern at the moment is that I play S300/X100s and they usually feel good to me and launch high but after using the Autoflex, my irons felt so stout and heavy and I could not produce any distance. I usually hit my 7 iron 160yds and today after autoflex session I could not reach the 150yd marker. I am worried that on the course using the autoflex might hurt my iron play or force me to switch iron shafts.

-When I got fast my misses with the driver would not only be OB but breaking some houses and cars. I am concerned when I try it out tomorrow on course

-The cost and colors; I don’t like the shaft is so flashy and will for sure get attention, I would’ve rather have an incognito shaft that produces bombs without people knowing I am playing something exotic

Tomorrow I will take it out on course to see what happens. I might add some weight to the front to get flight and spin down

So I finally got the SF505XX out on the course today.  The place was packed and I was playing a course I used to play everyday back from 2008-2013ish.  It was during my cancer and recovery and i had friends who worked there and I got to hit balls for free and basically play for free.  So I got to basically hit and play anyway i wanted to.  

didn’t have time to set up a Mevo (prob should have as we waited 15mins on each tee box it was so packed) and only 1 driver so I didn’t get to compare the 2 different heads (heavy Mavrik vs reg).

took just the reg Mavrik.  Today was a great day, 71* and only 5-10mph wind.  Sunny and no clouds.  Off the first tee, right down the middle with a baby draw and cleared the last set of bunkers easily (265 to carry).  

3rd hole my buddy hit a good shot with his new G425.  The hole is pretty straight out to a set of bunkers at 285 and to clear them is 310 but it dog legs to the left so you really don’t want to clear them.  Well I cleared them.  Didn’t think I would hit it that far but lost ball in the deep grass/trees behind the bunkers.  Now the tee box is set up higher than the fairway (about 30 feet above so it’s not a true 310 carry).  Didn’t think to laser it to get the adjusted carry as I was rushing down to try and find my left dash Pro V1X.

Hole 5, hit it over some trees as I was trying to draw it but not go too far left as it’s OB with a ditch running down the left side.  Ball didn’t draw so over the trees.  Usually not a problem as you would land in a clearing over the trees or hit a branch (really tall trees) and then come down.  I’ve never hit it to where the ball went, into the willows that are 310 out in that direction.

hole 9.  It’s a par 5.  530 but it’s uphill and slight dogleg to the left and uphill.  There are very tall trees that guard the right so it forces you left.  Then behind the trees are 3 large and deep bunkers. It’s 270 carry but with uphill it’s 285 adjusted.  I’ve never cleared the bunkers before without a big tailwind.  No such wind today but I did clear them and by a lot.  Back pin which made the hole play 545.  I only had 201 to the flag.   I measured it with the GPS on the cart and it was 325 uphill.  The rest of the day was silly.  Slight mishits would draw but shot shape was lower than normal or a push fade but nothing too crazy or offline to be more than a couple yards off the fairway.  However still way past both my buddies.  I had one par 4 that is 450 and my tee shot plugged and came out with 3 feet of roll.  Still past both of them with their roll (they don’t hit is as high as I do and so they always get roll).  Fairways were wet today.  Was a 290 carry.  

playing Monday at another course I’m familiar with but it’s one I’ve been playing for the past 3 years.  So it should be interesting.  Also they don’t keep the course nearly as wet as this one and so I’ll get roll for certain.  

I was in spots today with the AF that I’ve only seen in my late 20’s to early 30’s when I had a swing speed of 120-124.  On hole 9, I’ve never been that close before.  Got to the green in 2 and it’s guarded by water on the left of the green and also in the front so it’s all carry if you decide to go for it.  Cannot wait for summer and warmer temps to really see the AF in action.  

I have a Sim2 arriving Monday but it won’t get here before I have to leave.  Otherwise I’d toss my SF505X in it to compare vs the SF505XX.  

Edited by My2Dogs

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 3/25/2021 at 11:43 PM, JMATHEEENS said:

The shaft is so money. Looking forward to hearing people get off of a simulator or trackman and onto the course to see how it performs for them. I’ve got 4 rounds lined up this weekend including Pinehurst No 3 - the short course. Can’t wait to get out and finally play in shorts again. 

I’m getting fitted for a new 3/5 wood tomorrow so will get my driver head weighed, swing weight specs, and the length of my AF Radspeed measured while I’m there. 

Did you ever have a chance to test other weights beside stock in your Radspeed?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Have a couple questions for you AF veterans here. 

1) I'm 5'6" and have a hard time playing anything over 44.5. Planning on trying this out at 45" and going from there, but anybody have any direction where to go as far as counter balance after trimming that much off? Its being built and trimmed by the supplier so I'm not quite sure how much weight is being removed. 

2) I've read all of the pages here and not seeing much mention of these in TM drivers. I have a 2020 Sim Max 9* and Sim 2 8* available to play with. Anybody else poking around with either of them? 

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

1 hour ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

1) I'm 5'6" and have a hard time playing anything over 44.5. Planning on trying this out at 45" and going from there, but anybody have any direction where to go as far as counter balance after trimming that much off? Its being built and trimmed by the supplier so I'm not quite sure how much weight is being removed. 

2) I've read all of the pages here and not seeing much mention of these in TM drivers. I have a 2020 Sim Max 9* and Sim 2 8* available to play with. Anybody else poking around with either of them? 

Don’t overthink it. It’s a really good shaft because it’s high end and well made not all the hype outside that. It will work in any driver that you like and any length you like too. 

I am looking at getting an Autoflex.  Was hoping someone could give me some advice on model.  I am looking at the 505 and 505X.  For reference, my SS is about 98-103 mph.  I generally would be considered to have a tempo on the smoother side.  For reference, other shafts I have played in the past have been a GD Tour AD DI 6s and current set-up is a Ping G410LST w/ Nemesys 65S @ 45.25 length.  I intend on starting the Autoflex at 45.75 and cutting down as needed.  So just trying to decide between 505 and 505X.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, urjc22 said:

I am looking at getting an Autoflex.  Was hoping someone could give me some advice on model.  I am looking at the 505 and 505X.  For reference, my SS is about 98-103 mph.  I generally would be considered to have a tempo on the smoother side.  For reference, other shafts I have played in the past have been a GD Tour AD DI 6s and current set-up is a Ping G410LST w/ Nemesys 65S @ 45.25 length.  I intend on starting the Autoflex at 45.75 and cutting down as needed.  So just trying to decide between 505 and 505X.  Thanks!

I would suggest 505x as your swing speed should increase a little and keep you around 104-105mph

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Pick the head that you like the most And get a couple extra weights to tinker with and try different settings. You may also want to get a little lead tape if you are in between weights. 

I have tried most of the heads and have been gaming sim2 Max 9* at 8.25* with 505x at 46.25” playing. About to test the rad xb 9* as well. TM sim2 now as has aftermarket weight options so we can really tweak now. 

my findings have been that driver length is not to be feared (usually have played 44”) and the best head is the one you look down at and feel most comfortable with. 

For some reason I am intrigued by the Radspeed so I want to get that out of my system. Most likely I will end up with the sim2 and fully dialed in once the aftermarket weights are in stock. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I’m 5’6 and have been playing my last few  drivers at 44.25 or 44.5. I hit the auto flex on the range last week with my sim head playing a little over 46. 

I have a 10g and a 7g weight in the track because I play it short. I took the 10g out with the auto flex and it felt great. 

53 minutes ago, stealthall said:

Pick the head that you like the most And get a couple extra weights to tinker with and try different settings. You may also want to get a little lead tape if you are in between weights. 

I have tried most of the heads and have been gaming sim2 Max 9* at 8.25* with 505x at 46.25” playing. About to test the rad xb 9* as well. TM sim2 now as has aftermarket weight options so we can really tweak now. 

my findings have been that driver length is not to be feared (usually have played 44”) and the best head is the one you look down at and feel most comfortable with. 

For some reason I am intrigued by the Radspeed so I want to get that out of my system. Most likely I will end up with the sim2 and fully dialed in once the aftermarket weights are in stock. 

Only weights I'm finding are a 16g and 24g on ebay but it looks like that might be ok. It seems the Max comes with the 21g stock and the regular Sim2 looks to come with a 16g. Online SW calc says I need to get the head from 203 stock 209-210 to get the SW to D0-D1 which shouldn't be hard. Definitely overthinking this but it's reassuring that it'll play close to stock head weight.

51 minutes ago, nfreda2211 said:

I’m 5’6 and have been playing my last few  drivers at 44.25 or 44.5. I hit the auto flex on the range last week with my sim head playing a little over 46. 

I have a 10g and a 7g weight in the track because I play it short. I took the 10g out with the auto flex and it felt great. 

Good to know! Thank you.

Edited by JayAreOhh924

5 minutes ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

Only weights I'm finding are a 16g and 24g on ebay but it looks like that might be ok. It seems the Max comes with the 21g stock and the regular Sim2 looks to come with a 16g. Online SW calc says I need to get the head from 203 stock 209-210 to get the SW to D0-D1 which shouldn't be hard. Definitely overthinking this but it's reassuring that it'll play close to stock head weight.

Good to know! Thank you.

Sim2 is 16g and Sim2 max is 24g.

billy Bob’s has a bunch of other back weight options (out of stock). And you can get front weights all day long on eBay, etc. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

3 minutes ago, stealthall said:

Sim2 is 16g and Sim2 max is 24g.

billy Bob’s has a bunch of other back weight options (out of stock). And you can get front weights all day long on eBay, etc. 

Youre right, typo on my end. 

If you cut it down it gets easier to achieve the necessary swing weight (you can get away with more head weight at shorter lengths). 

I tested mine with sim2 max with raw length of shaft and I put the lighter weight in it from the sim2 if memory serves. Didn’t quite get it down to ideal swing weight but was ok for testing. 

I’m not a TM driver fan in general but one of the pros at the place I go has a Sim with Autoflex he carries 310-320 on Trackman (he played on the Canadian and PGA tour for a couple years).

To me any driver and a weight kit can work with some tinkering. If you’re cutting it down it only gets easier in my opinion (but I’d cut slowly as you may surprise yourself as last year I was playing a 3 wood length shaft in my driver and I’m now using uncut Autoflex with better dispersion coming from the latter). 

17 minutes ago, Gresh12 said:

If you cut it down it gets easier to achieve the necessary swing weight (you can get away with more head weight at shorter lengths). 

I tested mine with sim2 max with raw length of shaft and I put the lighter weight in it from the sim2 if memory serves. Didn’t quite get it down to ideal swing weight but was ok for testing. 

I’m not a TM driver fan in general but one of the pros at the place I go has a Sim with Autoflex he carries 310-320 on Trackman (he played on the Canadian and PGA tour for a couple years).

To me any driver and a weight kit can work with some tinkering. If you’re cutting it down it only gets easier in my opinion (but I’d cut slowly as you may surprise yourself as last year I was playing a 3 wood length shaft in my driver and I’m now using uncut Autoflex with better dispersion coming from the latter). 

The math really shows to be a lot easier than I was making it out to be so long as the valuegolf.com calculator is somewhat accurate. I'm not sure if there's any consideration for the adaptor and epoxy though. That seems to be the only wildcard until I get it in my hands to get it weighted. 

My numbers if anybody cares to cross check them:

Sim2 stock head: ~203g

Uncut AF: 54g 45" uncut

GolfPride MMC: ~51g

Playing at 44.75= D0.6 , 44"= C7

Again, not sure what factor adapter and epoxy play into these numbers. 

Edited by JayAreOhh924

29 minutes ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

The math really shows to be a lot easier than I was making it out to be so long as the valuegolf.com calculator is somewhat accurate. I'm not sure if there's any consideration for the adaptor and epoxy though. That seems to be the only wildcard until I get it in my hands to get it weighted. 

My numbers if anybody cares to cross check them:

Sim2 stock head: ~203g

Uncut AF: 54g 45" uncut

GolfPride MMC: ~51g

Playing at 44.75= D0.6 , 44"= C7

Again, not sure what factor adapter and epoxy play into these numbers. 

I thought several had posted the stock SIM 2 head was 194g with the 16g weight?

4 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

I thought several had posted the stock SIM 2 head was 194g with the 16g weight?

You may be right. Only thing I've found so far is the Max is 203 and a picture from Trottie's story the other day showing them between 202-204 (could also have been hot melted). I was told during a fitting that the only difference between the Max and the standard were the location of the weights but obviously that was wrong since even the rear weights are different weight. 

Maybe 203 with the adapter? That'd make things even easier. 

Edited by JayAreOhh924