2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

2 minutes ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

You may be right. Only thing I've found so far is the Max is 203 and a picture from Trottie's story the other day showing them between 202-204 (could also have been hot melted). I was told during a fitting that the only difference between the Max and the standard were the location of the weights but obviously that was wrong since even the rear weights are different weight. 

Sim 2 max is 195 plus adapter.

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

12 minutes ago, stealthall said:

Sim 2 max is 195 plus adapter.

That makes sense and considering the adapter is around 7g with the screw, thats probably where the 203 number came in. Still havent seen any info on the regular sim head but once I get mine in my hands I'll weigh it out. Heres the article that I got the 203 number from. 

https://www.golfwrx.com/642879/2021-taylormade-sim2-drivers-better-performance-piece-by-piece/#:~:text=The SIM2 Max features a,helps create so much stability.

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

26 minutes ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

You may be right. Only thing I've found so far is the Max is 203 and a picture from Trottie's story the other day showing them between 202-204 (could also have been hot melted). I was told during a fitting that the only difference between the Max and the standard were the location of the weights but obviously that was wrong since even the rear weights are different weight. 

Maybe 203 with the adapter? That'd make things even easier. 

I believe the listed weights were without the adapter. I think the SIM 2 Max was listed as 194g also. Just different weight distribution.

Just now, rlb4 said:

I believe the listed weights were without the adapter. I think the SIM 2 Max was listed as 194g also. Just different weight distribution.

Yup yup! Check the post right above yours too. It seems the adapter is in the ~7g category with the screw.

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

1 minute ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

Yup yup! Check the post right above yours too. It seems the adapter is in the ~7g category with the screw.

Guys...I think it’s safe to assume that if you hear a weight of 190 something it is plus adapter. Anything over 200 it is adapter included. Let’s not over complicate this. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

5 hours ago, urjc22 said:

I am looking at getting an Autoflex.  Was hoping someone could give me some advice on model.  I am looking at the 505 and 505X.  For reference, my SS is about 98-103 mph.  I generally would be considered to have a tempo on the smoother side.  For reference, other shafts I have played in the past have been a GD Tour AD DI 6s and current set-up is a Ping G410LST w/ Nemesys 65S @ 45.25 length.  I intend on starting the Autoflex at 45.75 and cutting down as needed.  So just trying to decide between 505 and 505X.  Thanks!

I would go with the 505. I’m in a similar SS range and the 505 has been great for me. I have it cut down to 45.5 and weighed it again last Friday and it’s playing at D3. 

12 hours ago, stealthall said:

Did you ever have a chance to test other weights beside stock in your Radspeed?

Not yet. I’ve been meaning to place the order and haven’t done it yet. 

I hit a 337 yard drive today on Hole 4 of Dormie Club just outside of Pinehurst. Downhill, downwind, but I still put the swing on it to get it there. 

I’m now 12 rounds deep with the AF and don’t regret the decision to buy it one bit. It took me a couple of rounds to get used to but since then it’s been smooth sailing. I’m hitting my driver the longest I’ve ever hit it and am keeping the ball in play.

42 minutes ago, JMATHEEENS said:

I would go with the 505. I’m in a similar SS range and the 505 has been great for me. I have it cut down to 45.5 and weighed it again last Friday and it’s playing at D3. 

Not yet. I’ve been meaning to place the order and haven’t done it yet. 

I hit a 337 yard drive today on Hole 4 of Dormie Club just outside of Pinehurst. Downhill, downwind, but I still put the swing on it to get it there. 

I’m now 12 rounds deep with the AF and don’t regret the decision to buy it one bit. It took me a couple of rounds to get used to but since then it’s been smooth sailing. I’m hitting my driver the longest I’ve ever hit it and am keeping the ball in play.

Gotcha. Not a fan of Dormie. 

That is awesome the progress with the shaft. I am going to give the XB a try. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

1 hour ago, inorkuo said:

Mavrik max 192g

ping g410 plus 202g

pxg 0811xf gen 2 200g
no adapters and stock weights

D8E6E1C4-9860-4167-AAB5-905D8E0A3A29.jpeg

ABB9632A-230E-44E8-BB0D-0907747D40AC.jpeg

EC787EA2-5E41-43B6-9E1C-2FE6EDF98474.jpeg

Of course, but it’s common knowledge that Ping and PxG run heavy hence why we have been suggesting extra weights to tweak. There are a few options off the rack that have lower head weight from jump...Sim/cobra/epic/Mavrik for example.

my comment was directed to when in testing mode and referencing a weight. If a Ping is referenced in 190’s it has been altered weight wise. Callaway’s and TM not so much. 

I am a little grumpy, had my gallbladder removed and cannot play or hit for 3 weeks....

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

1 hour ago, stealthall said:

Of course, but it’s common knowledge that Ping and PxG run heavy hence why we have been suggesting extra weights to tweak. There are a few options off the rack that have lower head weight from jump...Sim/cobra/epic/Mavrik for example.

my comment was directed to when in testing mode and referencing a weight. If a Ping is referenced in 190’s it has been altered weight wise. Callaway’s and TM not so much. 

I am a little grumpy, had my gallbladder removed and cannot play or hit for 3 weeks....

Wow that sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I’m still waiting on my 505x. I’ve been told that it should be shipping soon.

so to have the playing length be 45.5" with a mavrik head and 505X I would need to ask for the butt to be cut to 44.25" including adaptor? is that right? and would that be a viable swing weight with a normal grip? and thats a pretty good overall length

I'm going to get one from torque golf in singapore i think- just want to make sure im getting the optimum length and very new to all this so I don't really know what length shaft to ask for. no club fitters near me to help either.

7 hours ago, llaw999 said:

Any success stories of pairing with any of the TSI heads? Done properly with the reduced head weight and everything.

Really like the TSI look but seems like he consensus is they do not pair well with autoflex. Am I just wasting my time to try?

I am not sure we have proper testing info on TSi, I.e. trying different head weights etc. hopefully someone will attempt soon. I would think the TSi2 & 3 might work with proper adjustments. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

So I bit the bullet on a radspeed this morning and it's heading my way now. 

I'm having decent results with the standard Mav with weight dropped as low as I can but it's still a little heavy and swing weight is still around D3. Really wish I could have gotten along with the SubZero however I've never really liked it, and no matter what weight combo I put in it I couldn't get it going. 

If it's not too much trouble can I get a quick recap of what weight and length combos the RadSpeed guys are having success with? I'm about to order some weights but those suckers are pricey. 

I use this site on my phone and ever since the switch it's such a pain to read backwards in threads... I have to click page by page and can't figure out how to search the thread. (Technology is not my friend)

12 hours ago, llaw999 said:

Any success stories of pairing with any of the TSI heads? Done properly with the reduced head weight and everything.

Really like the TSI look but seems like he consensus is they do not pair well with autoflex. Am I just wasting my time to try?

Some people have had some success with the TSi3 - there's an AF group on facebook where people report on the combos they're trying and the success they have with them. I know a couple of people were using the TSi3, one guy couldn't make it work but a couple of others did.

As long as you can make the head light enough, it seems most heads can work. YMMV.

Edited by chocolate_rehab

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

2 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Some people have had some success with the TSi3 - there's an AF group on facebook where people report on the combos they're trying and the success they have with them. I know a couple of people were using the TSi3, one guy couldn't make it work but a couple of others did.

As long as you can make the head light enough, it seems most heads can work. YMMV.

Cool, good to know! Saw a TSi 3 head on the BST here and that weighed in at 192g and it was stock. Seems like that might be good straight in!

Very promising!

how cool is this driver....may we can talk My2Dogs into to buying it and testing!

https://www.carlsgolfland.com/cobra-radspeed-palm-tree-crew-driver?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOfoz-XW7wIV-ubjBx1-sQZMEAQYBCABEgIm_PD_BwE

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

45 minutes ago, stealthall said:

how cool is this driver....may we can talk My2Dogs into to buying it and testing!

https://www.carlsgolfland.com/cobra-radspeed-palm-tree-crew-driver?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOfoz-XW7wIV-ubjBx1-sQZMEAQYBCABEgIm_PD_BwE

This is the driver I have...I really like it.  The gold face actually helps to line the club up instead of having the all black or blue (depending on which Radspeed you get).  The stock shaft was horrible though...not that I would use it with having an Autoflex.  Loving it and playing it at full uncut length which i think is close to 47.25"

I just bought a radspeed that is slightly custom colors from a guy on the BST that was swapping his out for that one.... If it works out I might have to upgrade to that one as well. Might as well be as loud as possible now that I'm swinging a pink highlighter in everyone's face. 

31 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

I just bought a radspeed that is slightly custom colors from a guy on the BST that was swapping his out for that one.... If it works out I might have to upgrade to that one as well. Might as well be as loud as possible now that I'm swinging a pink highlighter in everyone's face. 

Hahaha...yup. No need to turn back now!

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

2 hours ago, stealthall said:

I’ve got a Rad Speed but it’s got a a Ventus Black in it currently.  Also have a Sim 2 driver on its way.  However I’m not messing with my current set up.

played again today with 15-20mph winds all day and still had one of the best driving days.  Had 2 holes (par 5 and long par 4) that I’ve never hit longer than today.  Was insane how far I hit both shots.  Playing against 2 buddies and we always play for some cash.  Not much but you never want to lose to your buddies, no matter the amount.  Back 9 I really dialed it in but by that time the winds got even stronger as we have a wind advisory until late this eve.  This combo pierced through the wind and on a couple holes I was 50-60 yards ahead of my friends.  The par 5 I got to the downhill portion (never got there before) and I was 90 yards ahead of them.  Par 5 that’s 485 but it’s a double dogleg.  Cut the corner and with the pin all the way in the back and top tier, I had 138 in.  With the back pin it’s 500 yards.  Crushed it.  Again hit the downslope by cutting the corner but I’ve never gotten it that far before.

I think I’m going to list my other AF505X with TM tip and get another SF505XX to put into the Sim2.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

I’ve got a Rad Speed but it’s got a a Ventus Black in it currently.  Also have a Sim 2 driver on its way.  However I’m not messing with my current set up.

played again today with 15-20mph winds all day and still had one of the best driving days.  Had 2 holes (par 5 and long par 4) that I’ve never hit longer than today.  Was insane how far I hit both shots.  Playing against 2 buddies and we always play for some cash.  Not much but you never want to lose to your buddies, no matter the amount.  Back 9 I really dialed it in but by that time the winds got even stronger as we have a wind advisory until late this eve.  This combo pierced through the wind and on a couple holes I was 50-60 yards ahead of my friends.  The par 5 I got to the downhill portion (never got there before) and I was 90 yards ahead of them.  Par 5 that’s 485 but it’s a double dogleg.  Cut the corner and with the pin all the way in the back and top tier, I had 138 in.  With the back pin it’s 500 yards.  Crushed it.  Again hit the downslope by cutting the corner but I’ve never gotten it that far before.

I think I’m going to list my other AF505X with TM tip and get another SF505XX to put into the Sim2.  

Remind me, what is your swing speed now with XX?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Remind me, what is your swing speed now with XX?

I’m up around 116-117 now.

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

24 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

I’m up around 116-117 now.

I am looking at the fairway af now. How come you didn’t go with the xx for the fairway. I have always used a stiffer shaft in my fairway woods vs driver so I am kinda messed up here. I am using the 505x in the driver and assumed I would do the 505xx in the fairway. Any thoughts on that? Should I just follow the website and do 505x?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

6 minutes ago, stealthall said:

I am looking at the fairway af now. How come you didn’t go with the xx for the fairway. I have always used a stiffer shaft in my fairway woods vs driver so I am kinda messed up here. I am using the 505x in the driver and assumed I would do the 505xx in the fairway. Any thoughts on that? Should I just follow the website and do 505x?

I originally had only SF505X in all clubs.  Just got faster so I moved up in the Driver.  Haven’t had the time and money yet to swap out the fw yet.  Currently the SF505X is working well in the fairway but I could move up.  I could then go after it a bit more but honestly the X is making me take a more controlled swing with the 3 wood and it’s bombing it.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 3/5/2021 at 4:28 PM, wchahn said:

I'm currently optimizing a PXG Proto X. Early results are great but I have some more work to dial it in. The four weights make it easy to make adjustments.

How is the AF and the PXG Proto doing for you?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Hi all,

Sorry to post without really adding benefit here but I am wanting to order an autoflex before the money I've set aside for it gets swallowed up by something entirely less fun. I have a standard mavrik head and no real club fitter nearby- should i ask for the shaft to be shortened? if so what sort of length? it seems like 45.5 might be best of both worlds but what length shaft would that be with a callaway adaptor? and what sort of changes should i be making to adapt the swing weight? order in a 2g weight to replace the (what i understand to be) 5g it comes with? Sorry, this is all new to me but any help would be appreciaterd.