KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

3 hours ago, stealthall said:

How is the AF and the PXG Proto doing for you?

It's working well.  I'm playing the 505 at 45" (standard PXG length) with the standard PXG weights. I dialed the loft down to 8 degrees. I tried decreasing the 15 gm weight to 12.5 without much change. After a few rounds, I feel pretty comfortable and have been hitting the driver great.  Some of my longest drives...

3 hours ago, wchahn said:

It's working well.  I'm playing the 505 at 45" (standard PXG length) with the standard PXG weights. I dialed the loft down to 8 degrees. I tried decreasing the 15 gm weight to 12.5 without much change. After a few rounds, I feel pretty comfortable and have been hitting the driver great.  Some of my longest drives...

Awesome!

do you normally play at 45”?

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

8 hours ago, invertedforestgolf said:

Hi all,

Sorry to post without really adding benefit here but I am wanting to order an autoflex before the money I've set aside for it gets swallowed up by something entirely less fun. I have a standard mavrik head and no real club fitter nearby- should i ask for the shaft to be shortened? if so what sort of length? it seems like 45.5 might be best of both worlds but what length shaft would that be with a callaway adaptor? and what sort of changes should i be making to adapt the swing weight? order in a 2g weight to replace the (what i understand to be) 5g it comes with? Sorry, this is all new to me but any help would be appreciaterd.

So far I've had most success with the standard Mav. I swapped the 5g with 2g and was around D3.5. playing at 45.75. I took the all the weight out and not only did it sound like an empty tin can, but smash went way down. I ended up playing it at 45.5 with 2g and it performed the best. That is still heavier than most of the suggestions on here.  The place you are ordering from should be able to cut it to playing length for you and put an adapter on it.  Adapter and playing head adds 1.75" to raw shaft for callaway playing length if they cannot do that for you.

2 hours ago, stealthall said:

Awesome!

do you normally play at 45”?

Yes. I found that I find the center more often with a 45" driver rather than the current trend toward longer shafts. 45" is standard for the PXG Proto.  When I was testing a 405, I tried the longer version (46") - I just found that the 505 and 45" was easier for me to get used to and actually got better numbers.

6 minutes ago, wchahn said:

Yes. I found that I find the center more often with a 45" driver rather than the current trend toward longer shafts. 45" is standard for the PXG Proto.  When I was testing a 405, I tried the longer version (46") - I just found that the 505 and 45" was easier for me to get used to and actually got better numbers.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

16 hours ago, jdorfman said:

This is the driver I have...I really like it.  The gold face actually helps to line the club up instead of having the all black or blue (depending on which Radspeed you get).  The stock shaft was horrible though...not that I would use it with having an Autoflex.  Loving it and playing it at full uncut length which i think is close to 47.25"

Curious, does the gold face wear differently or show a lot of marks?

Edited by stealthall

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Autoflex 505 Update: shaft is money, I am basically hitting both shot shapes and getting similar distance with 40% effort allowing me to control the ball way more. Just hit every fairway today...and to think I was about to sell it. Give it a couple of range sessions and then it magically becomes a beast. Changed my Maverick Max to have 4g weight at front and 2g weight back and that made this thing money.

25 minutes ago, iangolfNC said:

Autoflex 505 Update: shaft is money, I am basically hitting both shot shapes and getting similar distance with 40% effort allowing me to control the ball way more. Just hit every fairway today...and to think I was about to sell it. Give it a couple of range sessions and then it magically becomes a beast. Changed my Maverick Max to have 4g weight at front and 2g weight back and that made this thing money.

Awesome!

the stock is 12g and 2g? So dropped her 8g?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

9 hours ago, M44km44k said:

So far I've had most success with the standard Mav. I swapped the 5g with 2g and was around D3.5. playing at 45.75. I took the all the weight out and not only did it sound like an empty tin can, but smash went way down. I ended up playing it at 45.5 with 2g and it performed the best. That is still heavier than most of the suggestions on here.  The place you are ordering from should be able to cut it to playing length for you and put an adapter on it.  Adapter and playing head adds 1.75" to raw shaft for callaway playing length if they cannot do that for you.

Great to know. Thanks so much for that- I have ordered a 2 g weight and am looking at 45.45" with the X. thanks for the reply

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stealthall said:

Curious, does the gold face wear differently or show a lot of marks?

I've only had it for a few weeks and probably played 8 rounds with it.  I barely see any tee marks on the sole which is nice and I don't see any marks or anything on the face.  Actually quite surprised.  It's the metal itself that is the gold color not a painted on material.  So it's not chipping or wearing off so I think it will hold up nicely.  I got it at Golfmart and it has the 90 day return policy so if it has issues I'll bring it back and switch to a standard Radspeed.  But so far so good...

So I finally got my Sim2 driver head today.  It comes out to 195g without adapter.

Since I had my scale out, I weighted both the Sim 2Ti 3 wood and Sim Ti 3 wood.  Surprisingly they both came out to 209g without adapter.  I thought the Sim2 Ti was supposed to be 4g heavier but nope, both the exact same.  Just the Sim 2 is a smaller profile head which I like.  

going to try and get out this week during lunch and hit the Sim 2 driver with the AF SF505X.  It might be a hair heavier than D2 but shouldn’t be too much over.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

5 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

So I finally got my Sim2 driver head today.  It comes out to 195g without adapter.

Since I had my scale out, I weighted both the Sim 2Ti 3 wood and Sim Ti 3 wood.  Surprisingly they both came out to 209g without adapter.  I thought the Sim2 Ti was supposed to be 4g heavier but nope, both the exact same.  Just the Sim 2 is a smaller profile head which I like.  

going to try and get out this week during lunch and hit the Sim 2 driver with the AF SF505X.  It might be a hair heavier than D2 but shouldn’t be too much over.  

Keep an eye on this page for when the weights come back in stock. It will help to dial in the Sim2 if needed. 

https://store.billybobsgolf.com/product/taylormade-new-2021-sim2-sliding-and-round-headweights/

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 3/30/2021 at 1:08 AM, My2Dogs said:

I originally had only SF505X in all clubs.  Just got faster so I moved up in the Driver.  Haven’t had the time and money yet to swap out the fw yet.  Currently the SF505X is working well in the fairway but I could move up.  I could then go after it a bit more but honestly the X is making me take a more controlled swing with the 3 wood and it’s bombing it.  

Didn’t see that they made a XX for fairway. I just saw X and it was slightly heavier than driver X. 

TITLEIST TSR3 Ventus Black 6-X
TITLEIST TSi2 16.5* Ventus Black 8-X
TITLEIST U-505 3i Ventus Black 9-X
TITLEIST CP-03 4i Project X 6.5

TITLEIST CP-02 PW-5i Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 50/54/58 Project X Wedge 6.5
SIK Flo 

8 hours ago, PLLand55 said:

Didn’t see that they made a XX for fairway. I just saw X and it was slightly heavier than driver X. 

True. Also, I play a 4wd/5wd setup and looks like I would be able to tip .5” so that would help to make it feel perhaps a bit more stout. 

I put the fairway on pause and bought another Af505x. A radspeed, radspeed Xb & PXG proto x (and extra weights for all) all three in 9*. I am going to spend some time testing and tinkering with these while the TM Sim2 weights come back in stock at Billy Bobs. I want to also get some clarity on shaft lengths and test some shorter lengths. Currently playing the AF at 46.25” and want to try 45-45.5”. 

I had started hitting a larger fade with the last setup and so I want to play around with turning up the 9* to lift the flight and close the face a smidge and also see if the shorter length will help with more consistent strike. I think I need to move the strike out away from the heel. Perhaps I was playing with too long of a setup. Back to the lab!

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

12 minutes ago, stealthall said:

True. Also, I play a 4wd/5wd setup and looks like I would be able to tip .5” so that would help to make it feel perhaps a bit more stout. 

I put the fairway on pause and bought another Af505x. A radspeed, radspeed Xb & PXG proto x (and extra weights for all) all three in 9*. I am going to spend some time testing and tinkering with these while the TM Sim2 weights come back in stock at Billy Bobs. I want to also get some clarity on shaft lengths and test some shorter lengths. Currently playing the AF at 46.25” and want to try 45-45.5”. 

I had started hitting a larger fade with the last setup and so I want to play around with turning up the 9* to lift the flight and close the face a smidge and also see if the shorter length will help with more consistent strike. I think I need to move the strike out away from the heel. Perhaps I was playing with too long of a setup. Back to the lab!

I ended up putting a ping tip in mine. I can’t get the G425LST to work out. I hit the G410LST much better. For me the G425LST wants to go left a lot. 

I hate to pull the shaft to put a different tip, but I’m really curious how the TSi4 would work. 

SIK Flo 

1 hour ago, PLLand55 said:

I ended up putting a ping tip in mine. I can’t get the G425LST to work out. I hit the G410LST much better. For me the G425LST wants to go left a lot. 

I hate to pull the shaft to put a different tip, but I’m really curious how the TSi4 would work. 

That is interesting that the g425 was less successful than the 410. Just goes to show that some of us need to really put it through its paces. 

there is a newer TXG video where Ian is fitting Ronnie for a driver and he brings the AF into play which is a game changer but still needs more tweaking with the Ping head. The next video in the series is lowering the head weight to further dial in the fitting. 

my experience with the 425 was that as weight was lowered I was really struggling with the increased sound. It has a lot of promise but the sound pitch was so high.  

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I have an AF505XX on the way but it won’t get here until next week.  Was going to take the Sim2 with the AF505XX vs Mavrik with SF505XX on the course Sunday.  The battle will have to wait until the following weekend now.  

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 3/31/2021 at 7:47 PM, PLLand55 said:

You are correct.  I thought they had a XX but they don’t.  Did talk with the North American distributor and he stated that the X is stout enough because it’s shorter, you tip it and it’s heavier.  I don’t have an issue with it in my Sim 2 3 wood.  However I wish they would make an XX as I would like to test vs the X.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 3/3/2021 at 4:37 AM, RNG said:

Question, if anyone might know.....If you change the backweight in a Callaway Epic Max LS to a lower weight, how much would that affect the MOI of the head?

Thanks!

good question! I've ordered a 505x at playing length of 45.45" so trying to figure out i need to do to the head weight and still maintain some forgiveness

5 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

You are correct.  I thought they had a XX but they don’t.  Did talk with the North American distributor and he stated that the X is stout enough because it’s shorter, you tip it and it’s heavier.  I don’t have an issue with it in my Sim 2 3 wood.  However I wish they would make an XX as I would like to test vs the X.  

Do you anticipate they will release a fairway in XX?

SIK Flo 

Got the RadSpeed out with the 505 today. Love the RadSpeed head but I just can't seem to control the transition on the course. I'm all over the face again.... When I do get center it goes a mile but not nearly consistent enough to play in serious matches. Hit second drives on most holes with my ventus and was center cut all day. 

On the fence right now about either scrapping the whole project or trying a 505x. 

Starting to feel a bit like a square peg round hole situation. Is there anyone else that went up a flex to help with quicker transition? 

@My2Dogs let me know when you want to get rid of one of your 505x you have laying around.🤣

1 hour ago, M44km44k said:

Got the RadSpeed out with the 505 today. Love the RadSpeed head but I just can't seem to control the transition on the course. I'm all over the face again.... When I do get center it goes a mile but not nearly consistent enough to play in serious matches. Hit second drives on most holes with my ventus and was center cut all day. 

On the fence right now about either scrapping the whole project or trying a 505x. 

Starting to feel a bit like a square peg round hole situation. Is there anyone else that went up a flex to help with quicker transition? 

@My2Dogs let me know when you want to get rid of one of your 505x you have laying around.🤣

Let’s baseline a few things, 1: we know the Radspeed works. 2: there can big changes (to the positive and negative per person) for length of shaft play. 3: the weights can be crucial per person on how the shafts performs. 

So that being said, it could be as simple (with obvious change expense) as the 505x is the right option. Secondly, it may be you need to play with the head weight, move the 12g back or forward or get a light weight to swap in.  

Sounds like you need to tinker some more. Perhaps you also need to trim the shaft starting with .5” inch. I have heard comments where folks lost the consistent contact due to the shaft being .5 - 1” to long. 

I am playing at 46.25” but I have noticed that I am now hitting this power fade. I am thinking it’s just too hard for me to constantly remember how far to stand from the ball and I am too close which I am now heeling it. My norm length was 45” ish, so that added .5-75” is the difference of close to center and Definitely missing out on those nice high toe side strikes. 

just some thoughts. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

1 minute ago, stealthall said:

Let’s baseline a few things, 1: we know the Radspeed works. 2: there can big changes (to the positive and negative per person) for length of shaft play. 3: the weights can be crucial per person on how the shafts performs. 

So that being said, it could be as simple (with obvious change expense) as the 505x is the right option. Secondly, it may be you need to play with the head weight, move the 12g back or forward or get a light weight to swap in.  

Sounds like you need to tinker some more. Perhaps you also need to trim the shaft starting with .5” inch. I have heard comments where folks lost the consistent contact due to the shaft being .5 - 1” to long. 

I am playing at 46.25” but I have noticed that I am now hitting this power fade. I am thinking it’s just too hard for me to constantly remember how far to stand from the ball and I am too close which I am now heeling it. My norm length was 45” ish, so that added .5-75” is the difference of close to center and Definitely missing out on those nice high toe side strikes. 

just some thoughts. 

2 hours ago, M44km44k said:

sorry one more thing might help to increase or decrease the loft based on your strike miss. 

sorry if you have done all this already...just spit balling. I am no pro not even close but have been obsessed over this and learning more about fitting and outcomes. I am still tinkering myself. 

about to test the Radspeed and Rad XB

vs. Proto X and 0211 (just ordered this morning). 

I believe I will end up back with the Sim2 8 or 9 degree but need more aftermarket weights to come out to properly test. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

2 hours ago, M44km44k said:

PM me as I am going to put it up soon on the BST.  Just waiting on the 2nd XX to get here.  I’m almost tempted to buy a 3rd XX for the Rad Speed I have as well.  😂. Hit the XX again at lunch with my Mavrik and I’m pounding it.  I hit it against the Sim 2 with Ventus black 6X and the AF is def longer in both carry and total with the range balls.  Was reaching the other side of the range with the AF easily (they had the tees moved up on he range today) but couldn’t reach it with the Ventus.  AF launches higher but still getting lots of roll with the range balls.  Playing Sunday on a tight tree lined course that usually kicks my butt.  Will be a good test for the AF.  

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

I have an SF505X which I got back in December, I played it with an Epic Flash Sub Zero, B21, Mav Max.  I was finding almost every fairway with the Mav Max but I was a bit too spinny so was giving up 20-30 yards.  I played D7 swing weight to start then went down to D1 - D2 swing weight - much easier for me to control at lower swing weight.

Gaming it right now on a Radspeed 9.0, at 45in playing length.  I added 2 strips of lead tape to the toe making it right at D2.  I have a great flight now with lower spin than the Mav Max, loving the setup with the the Radspeed.   Just a head that works for me, I really liked the Mav Max as well.  I play a fade with the Rad.

Also have the RDX Blue for the Radspeed and to be honest I am hitting that shaft just about perfect.  Takes a lot more effort but I am still testing to see them head to head.  

Has anyone ever added length back to their Autoflex shaft?  Wondering if that is a possibility or if it is a no go.  May try to get it back to 46.00 and test.