KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

23 minutes ago, wchahn said:

I have a quick transition and found that going up a flex over what is recommended and shortening by 1 inch made all the difference.

Exactly what I did and I can't seem to miss the middle of the face now. I've only hit it at the range, but putting it in play tomorrow for my skins match. There's really something to this damn shaft. Less effort, more distance. I don't understand it, but I love it so far.

505x, playing at 45.5', switching between Maverick and Epic Max LS until one shows itself to be superior.

• Like 2

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

You guys have me thinking maybe I should go up to 505xx to appease my quick transition. 

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

2 hours ago, stealthall said:

I am thinking it’s just too hard for me to constantly remember how far to stand from the ball and I am too close which I am now heeling it.

Isn't that why then invented practice swings? 😆

Swing a couple times to see where you are coming through; then set the club down there, and leave it on the ground while you shuffle your feet into place so the middle of the club sits directly behind the ball.  Works for me anyway.

Given the choice of looking cool or finding my ball in the middle of the fairway, I'll go with the latter 100% of the time.  Old fart, don't care what others think😉

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

17 minutes ago, stealthall said:

You guys have me thinking maybe I should go up to 505xx to appease my quick transition. 

I did

• Like 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, 5baytjd said:

Swing a couple times to see where you are coming through; then set the club down there, and leave it on the ground while you shuffle your feet into place so the middle of the club sits directly behind the ball.  Works for me anyway.

Given the choice of looking cool or finding my ball in the middle of the fairway, I'll go with the latter 100% of the time.  Old fart, don't care what others think😉

1 hour ago, 5baytjd said:

wow - never thought of this. Amazing idea. 

I’m not tracking joke...

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

6 hours ago, kcsf said:

Exactly what I did and I can't seem to miss the middle of the face now. I've only hit it at the range, but putting it in play tomorrow for my skins match. There's really something to this damn shaft. Less effort, more distance. I don't understand it, but I love it so far.

505x, playing at 45.5', switching between Maverick and Epic Max LS until one shows itself to be superior.

Any initial comparisons between the two heads? I have a Mavrik and was thinking about the Max LS due to all the talk here. Or is the difference not that noticeable?

10 hours ago, 1s1k said:

I did

So did I. Made big difference

• Like 1

TITLEIST TSR3 Ventus Black 6-X
TITLEIST TSi2 16.5* Ventus Black 8-X
TITLEIST U-505 3i Ventus Black 9-X
TITLEIST CP-03 4i Project X 6.5

TITLEIST CP-02 PW-5i Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 50/54/58 Project X Wedge 6.5
SIK Flo 

12 hours ago, jus4kiks said:

I have an SF505X which I got back in December, I played it with an Epic Flash Sub Zero, B21, Mav Max.  I was finding almost every fairway with the Mav Max but I was a bit too spinny so was giving up 20-30 yards.  I played D7 swing weight to start then went down to D1 - D2 swing weight - much easier for me to control at lower swing weight.

Gaming it right now on a Radspeed 9.0, at 45in playing length.  I added 2 strips of lead tape to the toe making it right at D2.  I have a great flight now with lower spin than the Mav Max, loving the setup with the the Radspeed.   Just a head that works for me, I really liked the Mav Max as well.  I play a fade with the Rad.

Also have the RDX Blue for the Radspeed and to be honest I am hitting that shaft just about perfect.  Takes a lot more effort but I am still testing to see them head to head.  

Has anyone ever added length back to their Autoflex shaft?  Wondering if that is a possibility or if it is a no go.  May try to get it back to 46.00 and test.  

I bought a 505x 3wood shaft off the lefty swap shop while I was waiting for my 505 driver shaft. After thorough testing in my 4 wood extended it and tested in my TM OO mini driver.  Had no issues and saw consistent results.

2 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

I bought a 505x 3wood shaft off the lefty swap shop while I was waiting for my 505 driver shaft. After thorough testing in my 4 wood extended it and tested in my TM OO mini driver.  Had no issues and saw consistent results.

Very interesting, I am going to add an inch back to the AF and do some testing.  

22 hours ago, wchahn said:

I have a quick transition and found that going up a flex over what is recommended and shortening by 1 inch made all the difference.

Exactly what I did and the AF is a fairway finding machine!!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

8 hours ago, llaw999 said:

What is the consensus on the fairway autoflex shaft? What kind of gains are we seeing here and how is dispersion affected? 

Feel like gapping could be an issue?

From my knowledge My2Dogs and m44km44k are gaming the fairways. 

I plan to at some time but truth be told the fairway wood (4/5 wood) is not a big concern. She is a 230-240 yard club and I would be concerned that juicing that would mess me up. 5hy is 195-210 and 4hy is 210-220...not sure I want to increase the gap between 4hy and 4/5 wd.

where I could see the + is the consistent strike potential.

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

12 hours ago, llaw999 said:

What is the consensus on the fairway autoflex shaft? What kind of gains are we seeing here and how is dispersion affected? 

I’ve got the FW.  Very easy to load and I’ve gained about 5-10 carry.  I’ve felt it’s really accurate but I haven’t played the tightest of courses yet,  Will know more today after playing a tight tree lined course.  Will require both the SF505XX driver and SF505X 3 wood to be on point.  Lots of OB with both sides tree lined on about every hole except the par 3’s. most of those are over water and water on one side of the green.  Hole 18 will be the real tester.  It’s a dog left left but water all along the left and a drop off on the right.  Tiny skinny (20-25 yard wide finger to the green).  There is a landing area straight away that’s open but the farther you go right the longer the all carry 2nd over the canyon.  The more you take on cutting the dog leg it’s either all carry with water and then you have to get it to sit.  Last time with a 3 wood Ventus Red, in the too much and I over shot it and went into the canyon(one hop and then in) at 270 with my 3 wood.  Luckily stuck the 9i to about 6 inches for a par.  Still thinking about what I’m going to do on that hole and haven’t even left for the course yet.  😂 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

20 hours ago, llaw999 said:

@stealthall is correct that I was gaming the fairway. Gapping ended up being an issue so I actually sold it for the time being. It's possible that once I'm settled with the AF driver shaft I will go back to the fairway but it was just too long.

It was pretty accurate but it didn't beat my AD IZ in dispersion. To be fair I did very limited testing and only used my sim TI head which is pretty heavy. 

Overall about 10 yards of carry gained but dispersion went down a bit.  I'm guessing like we have all experienced with the driver, length and weight needs to be adjusted to maximize dispersion.

Think I’ll pass on the fairway for now. 

Currently my setup is AF505x at 46.25” paired with a tsi3 9* set at 7.5*. Removed the back weight to get 190g head weight without adaptor. 

Only one range session so far and my eye is telling me it’s spinning a bit. Definitely a lot higher launch than my Tour AD TP 6s and AF seems to be carrying longer. Dispersion seems better mainly because it only draws for me. My favourite thing is how easy it is to swing. I can see it being very beneficial towards the end of the round.

Also got a all-fit adaptor for the AF so was able to test different heads. So far prefer Tsi3 over G425 max or LST.

So I had an interesting round today.  Started out bad.  I was just late with the driver for some reason on the front 9.  Not a slice or even baby fade, just straight right but not by much.  I would aim at the right side of the fairway or just off of it and try and hit my baby draw.  Was doing that fine on the range but today it was just a straight right miss by about 10 yards.  So it would end next to the tree line on the right.  Depending on where it was, would be if I could attack the green or not.  Everything else was good.  3 wood was a killer today with the AF.  Should have used it all day instead.  I think I just wanted to hit the driver so bad I couldn’t calm myself down.  All the other clubs were nice and smooth and then what felt like an easy swing and irons, hybrid and 3 wood were nice, long and high, landing soft.  

back 9 I started to finally slow down and could put the driver in the slot and it finally came alive.  Better late than never.  Not too bad a round.  3 birdies and shot a 77 but I saved a lot of shots on the front 9 with a good short game.   One par 5 I hit a bomb but we actually couldn’t find the ball.  It should have been just off the left side of the fairway or in the left side of the fairway.  I think the group in front of us took it as we didn’t see them as the fairway went up a slight hill and back down.  I hit it over the hill (280 carry).  So I had to take a drop.  Saved par with a nice 5i from 205 to a back pin.  Almost made birdie as it hit the right side but greens were moving so I couldn’t be too aggressive as it was a slider.

on 18 I ended up hitting my 3 wood.  Wind into and straight was 270-275 to run out and Into the canyon.  Got lucky as I pushed it a bit right and was saved by about 3 feet as it was the longest part before going into the canyon.  If I hit it just 10 yards to the left it was over.  So a 155 9i carry over the canyon to the green.  3 putted. 😂. Only 3 putt of the day.  I suck but I’m finally starting to see some gains in my swing that I’ve been trying to get back from all the surgeries.  Getting close.   Really liking the XX in the driver and the X in the 3 wood is going well.

I did find I had a gapping issue because the AF 3 wood was longer than I played before.  So I swapped my Sim hybrid to the Callaway Super Hybrid.  Fit my gap perfectly as I gave me 10-15 more yards than the Sim.  I can also choke down about an inch and hit it about 10 yards shorter so I don’t have too big a gap between the 4I driving iron and the super hybrid.  

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

3 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

So I had an interesting round today.  Started out bad.  I was just late with the driver for some reason on the front 9.  Not a slice or even baby fade, just straight right but not by much.  I would aim at the right side of the fairway or just off of it and try and hit my baby draw.  Was doing that fine on the range but today it was just a straight right miss by about 10 yards.  So it would end next to the tree line on the right.  Depending on where it was, would be if I could attack the green or not.  Everything else was good.  3 wood was a killer today with the AF.  Should have used it all day instead.  I think I just wanted to hit the driver so bad I couldn’t calm myself down.  All the other clubs were nice and smooth and then what felt like an easy swing and irons, hybrid and 3 wood were nice, long and high, landing soft.  

back 9 I started to finally slow down and could put the driver in the slot and it finally came alive.  Better late than never.  Not too bad a round.  3 birdies and shot a 77 but I saved a lot of shots on the front 9 with a good short game.   One par 5 I hit a bomb but we actually couldn’t find the ball.  It should have been just off the left side of the fairway or in the left side of the fairway.  I think the group in front of us took it as we didn’t see them as the fairway went up a slight hill and back down.  I hit it over the hill (280 carry).  So I had to take a drop.  Saved par with a nice 5i from 205 to a back pin.  Almost made birdie as it hit the right side but greens were moving so I couldn’t be too aggressive as it was a slider.

on 18 I ended up hitting my 3 wood.  Wind into and straight was 270-275 to run out and Into the canyon.  Got lucky as I pushed it a bit right and was saved by about 3 feet as it was the longest part before going into the canyon.  If I hit it just 10 yards to the left it was over.  So a 155 9i carry over the canyon to the green.  3 putted. 😂. Only 3 putt of the day.  I suck but I’m finally starting to see some gains in my swing that I’ve been trying to get back from all the surgeries.  Getting close.   Really liking the XX in the driver and the X in the 3 wood is going well.

I did find I had a gapping issue because the AF 3 wood was longer than I played before.  So I swapped my Sim hybrid to the Callaway Super Hybrid.  Fit my gap perfectly as I gave me 10-15 more yards than the Sim.  I can also choke down about an inch and hit it about 10 yards shorter so I don’t have too big a gap between the 4I driving iron and the super hybrid.  

How long are you playing your 3 wood and with what head? Did you tip the shaft or straight in adapter? Are you finding that the shaft is getting toe heavy at all? Mine fairway shaft is coming. Look forward to hearing back from you. 

• Like 1

SIK Flo 

With most of us searching for lighter weights, has anybody ever tried 3D printing weights for their driver? Considering its not in an impact area I'd think it'd be a viable option. Just need to get ahold of the CAD files. 

• Like 1

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

7 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I'm getting the same push right. My typical shot is a draw. I've been aiming left side of fairway and pushing right down the middle of the fairway.

Side note I think it's really funny how other people react to the shaft. Had two guys try it Saturday both in their 60s Both striped it right down the middle 20 yards past their other drives. Both of them had the same reaction " man that shaft is not for me feels too whippy I could never use that" hahaha like wtf? Not sure how you can say that after you just hit your farthest ball of the day!?

5 hours ago, M44km44k said:

I'm getting the same push right. My typical shot is a draw. I've been aiming left side of fairway and pushing right down the middle of the fairway.

Side note I think it's really funny how other people react to the shaft. Had two guys try it Saturday both in their 60s Both striped it right down the middle 20 yards past their other drives. Both of them had the same reaction " man that shaft is not for me feels too whippy I could never use that" hahaha like wtf? Not sure how you can say that after you just hit your farthest ball of the day!?

The hell with em. Let them live in the past while you prosper. 😂

SIK Flo 

13 hours ago, PLLand55 said:

How long are you playing your 3 wood and with what head? Did you tip the shaft or straight in adapter? Are you finding that the shaft is getting toe heavy at all? Mine fairway shaft is coming. Look forward to hearing back from you. 

Playing at 43”.  D2 SW.  no on the toe side feeling heavy heavy.  Feels good but at times when I’m either excited about a hole or I hate to say it, first hole nerves, I tend to get quick.  Which is a no no on any AF.  Tip it 1/2 inch per the OEM and even the US Distributor.  The guy in the states said that with the extra weight of the FW shaft and due to tipping that it will feel the same as the XX in the driver.  It’s going about 270 carry and then another 10-15 of roll.  The odd thing about the FW shaft is it’s not making my shot higher launching like the driver shaft does.  In fact it’s a little lower than the normal Ventus Blue 7X I play.  Seems weird that the driver is much higher launching but the FW is not.  However it works in both for me.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

7 hours ago, M44km44k said:

It was all me yesterday.  The 2 previous rounds I played at a much more open course and I wasn’t nervous about trees and a narrow fairway.  So I was able to hit the driver with a draw or pretty straight.  No right misses for me.  I think over time and me getting used to my swing being back that I’ll be able to play it without much worry moving forward.  

I haven’t let anyone hit mine yet.  I just tell them it’s Hidden Korean Technology and so I can’t let them hit it without a waiver. 😂

• Haha 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

For those of you that own multiple AF shafts....

Do you know why or do you have different size ‘X’ from shaft to shaft?

one of my 505x is a large X and the other is a smaller x....

any input on this?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 4/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, My2Dogs said:

Playing at 43”.  D2 SW.  no on the toe side feeling heavy heavy.  Feels good but at times when I’m either excited about a hole or I hate to say it, first hole nerves, I tend to get quick.  Which is a no no on any AF.  Tip it 1/2 inch per the OEM and even the US Distributor.  The guy in the states said that with the extra weight of the FW shaft and due to tipping that it will feel the same as the XX in the driver.  It’s going about 270 carry and then another 10-15 of roll.  The odd thing about the FW shaft is it’s not making my shot higher launching like the driver shaft does.  In fact it’s a little lower than the normal Ventus Blue 7X I play.  Seems weird that the driver is much higher launching but the FW is not.  However it works in both for me.  

Sounds good. I didn’t see on Auto Flex website that they recommend tipping shaft for 3 wood. I will take your advise in 1/2” tipping as I play the SF505XX at 45 3/4”. 

I plan on trying in Titleist 3 wood to start. 

SIK Flo 

Small update:

I don’t have any number yet just feel and opinion....

I received the Rad 9*, R xb 9*, Proto X 9* and 2nd AF SF505x....the 505xx comes today.

I currently have 2 AF SF505x shafts setup with Cobra tip...one is 46” playing and the other is 45 3/8” playing.

I hit both Rads stock and both AF shafts and immediate feeling was the RAD with the longer shaft “seemed” better. I then moved the stock 12g weight from front to back and prefer it up front.

I then moved the 6g weight from the RAD xb to the Rad in the back position with 46” playing length and something happened for the good longer drives more consistent. I noticed she favors the left side (I have always been a left to right hitter) so I dialed it down to 8* to open the face and it was a little better. 

What I am surprised at initially is that the shorter AF shaft does not seem to feel good or work with initial hits. I thought it would really help me...

So I just had my gallbladder removed 1.5 weeks ago so I had to stop hitting in fear of hurting myself. I started getting up to 105 SS and was starting to get worried.

I have a couple weights coming from Cobra this week and plan to really put these two heads through the testing this weekend and maybe even hit the links. 

The only issue I see so far is the firm face of the RAD, I am not used that. The SIM2 feels soft all over the face. Perhaps I should see it as a positive that way I know my good strikes from bad.

I bought them in the Peacock color which looks great with the AF and black Iomic grip...

I will update after I get a chance to really swing these and test them with the three different AF shafts this weekend.

After the cobra test I am going to put the Proto X through some paces....

My end goal (I believe I saw someone mention it here) is to have 2 drivers (preferably from the same company) one that is a low power bullet hitter for windy days/golf trips to Kiawah, etc. & one that is the up and out bomber. We shall see!

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I have the Autoflex stiff flex for almost 3 months now, I have never hit the ball straighter, longer ever with a easier swing.  Finally figure out how to hit it higher or lower in demand and going to sell my beloved VA composite Raijin driver shaft.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Forward weights help keep spin down & rear weights help increase MOI, correct?  I know you guys are removing weights in order to maintain a target swingweight at >46” , but is the tradeoff beneficial at the end of the day?

I understand whatever works but on paper this doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

12 minutes ago, 95124hacker said:

Forward weights help keep spin down & rear weights help increase MOI, correct?  I know you guys are removing weights in order to maintain a target swingweight at >46” , but is the tradeoff beneficial at the end of the day?

I understand whatever works but on paper this doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

You are correct. I wont speak for all drivers but the RAD still has built in weights that cannot be removed. The AF shaft is supposed to be delivering consistent strikes and thus be forgiving in a sense. In order for the shaft to properly load and release there is a marriage of SW and HW that needs to be had. In many cases we need to reduce HW to get all the parts to work nicely together. There are some outliers that have serious lowered head weight and some that have not changed head weight and are using heavier heads i.e. Ping.

Bottom line, these new drivers use more carbon to reduce weight in the head build and take that extra weight and apply it to the back or front or both and a lot of times that core HW is fixed, we are just toying with the adjust portion of the overall hw. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x