KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

For those looking at TSi2...head weight with screw (no adapter) and stock weight

A0CEFB3F-92D5-45D9-9A04-87F775AC3EDE.jpeg

• Like 2

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

For those looking at Sim2 Max. Head, screw and stock weight (no adapter)

F75F1729-CFF9-4DBE-ADEA-3D930A2993F2.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

For those looking at Cobra Radspeed XB. Head, screw and stock weight (no adapter)

9B814CC9-294A-4417-81D0-5DA7060B5A20.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

1 hour ago, Lasorcier said:

That is basically what I did.  I made it into a TSi4.  When the weight is in the back, spins too much.  Weight forward helps tons.

You have the back weight out, right?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

TSI2 didn't work at all for me.

Currently this shaft has been a pretty big disappointment. I am  a smooth swinger and I just feel like I am fighting this thing with the self fit.

I also think you have to play this thing on a golf course. Smooth swing indoors is one thing, but when you get jumpy on the tee...this thing does not like being used any way but smooth tempo (for me). However my bigger takeaway is I'd play this thing at a length you're used to. I understand for selling purposes it's scary to cut it but I think there's no choice here for many of us. 

Edited by ThorntonMelon
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ThorntonMelon said:

TSI2 didn't work at all for me.

Currently this shaft has been a pretty big disappointment. I am  a smooth swinger and I just feel like I am fighting this thing with the self fit.

I also think you have to play this thing on a golf course. Smooth swing indoors is one thing, but when you get jumpy on the tee...this thing does not like being used any way but smooth tempo (for me). However my bigger takeaway is I'd play this thing at a length you're used to. I understand for selling purposes it's scary to cut it but I think there's no choice here for many of us. 

I know it is not exactly the same, but would choking down on the shaft give a reasonable assessment of shorter lengths?

For those looking at TSi3. Head, Screw and stock weight (no adapter)

9C9E1F7E-C816-4EED-86DE-AC09A712606F.jpeg

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

@stealthall Thanks for posting all the head weights! That's great reference. I'd just like to mention that there is a pretty wide tolerance band from Titleist on TSi3 and TSi4 from my experience measuring a bunch of those heads at golf shops and tracking what people have posted here and on other forums. Seen everything from 192g - 198g with STD weight and no adapter.

yesterday i finally received my s505x. i ordered it at full length playing at 47" with a mavrik max 9* head turned down to 8*. the head weight including screw but no adapter is 192g. The total weight of the club is 312g with swing weight at D6. on good strikes, spin was around 2000rpm. low on the face and i'd get around 3k. there were maybe 2 or 3 huge right misses right at the beginning before i got used to the shaft that had 4k spin but i'm capable of doing that with any driver. i wasn't feeling very fast last night but i hit a few balls in the low 160's. my personal best is 164 and those couple of faster drives came towards the tail end of the session after hitting around 70-80 drives when i was starting to get tired, so i'm cautiously optimistic.

my current gamer ping g410 plus with a graphite design di 6s playing at 45.5" and D7 swing weight. The ping head weighs 202g and total weight is 318g. the autoflex was 20 yds longer carry and club/ball speed were 4-5mph higher but it's not really a fair comparison since it's 1.5" longer. plus i was hitting the ping earlier in the session before i really got a good sweat going. tonight i will try gripping down on the autoflex by 1.5" and alternate 5 shots with each. based on the info from tuttleman's site, gripping down that far will make the autoflex/mav driver play at C7 but we'll see what happens.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, Lasorcier said:

Okay some more info.  Shaft continues to shine but learned a few things.   

Played today.  It was one of those days that you're not playing well.  Something was off, but managed to score 77.  Irons were off a little today.

Okay so first drive was okay.  Drew to the right rough.   Was not the smoothest swing.  Stock weight was in.  Second drive faded left, weight out.

So at this point with my round yesterday, I concluded stock weight is not it and no weight is also not it.  So I put 1 lead tape strip towards the front of the unweighted TSi3.  Next drive is straight, on the left rough.  Add one more strip.  Remaining drives straight and middle fairway.  All of them except one, but that was bad alignment and it simply went where my body pointed it. Flight is amazingly straight unless I really go after one hard, then it draws right but not terrible.

That seemed to be it.  Adjusting it to B4 (3/4* flat and 8.25) and a couple of lead tapes.  The lead tapes were 4g total.  

Strikes on the same spot (just on the side of center).  Although, I never looked before, but the strike marks are exactly in line with the silver line on the bottom of the club.  I'll have to ponder the significance of that if any.

So the total club weight is 364g.  Head weight is 190 (screw in but no adapter).  Jumbomax tour is staying as well as the 47 length.  No idea on swing weight, but that metric becomes meaningless with the heavy grip anyway.  

IMG_20210418_1534167.jpg

IMG_20210418_1534035.jpg

16187978521931468310946.jpg

All with 505x (I have a 505xx setup but it’s too hard to keep consistent). So I have tried TSi2 at 10 degree, was great, straight balls but leaving distance on the table. 

Then the Tsi3 8 degree and was playing it at highest loft and fade, something was not fully clicking. FYI - weight out and 2 strips of lead tape up front like your setting. 

Then went and swapped to the TSi3 10 degree and started really having it dialed in. Same setup, no weight but add 2 strips up front, so she’s at 193g. I am still trying to decide between C2 and B2. Fun fact, C2 was the best setting on the TSi2 10 degree. 

I have hit so many balls today and yesterday that I think my fatigue is setting in. After I get into a groove and take a break, it’s like a full reset. I started struggling with swinging smooth and was swinging too fast. 

I thought the Sim2 Max felt good but this Tsi3 is in a league of its own. What a great fit for the AF. What I like best for my setup is that it is very hard to hit the ball right which is my dangerous miss. I just have to learn how to play more of a draw with the driver. Also, I play a TSi2 16.5 and 21 degree, so it’s nice to potentially be all Tsi for my woods. Should help with feel. 

I have officially gone nuts. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

okay, this is indeed interesting and good stuff.  We have about the same setup except you like yours more upright and I like mine more flat.  Different strokes for different folks. 

I liked the TSi3 from the get-go, even before the AF.  One of my playing partners had just gotten it and it had a tensei blue in it.  I liked it from the first hit.  I had mine in a couple days.  The only other one I would probably consider is the G425.  Another playing partner has one of those and I just cannot stand the sound.  So, that is just a no-go from me.  To me the best sounding ping was the G400, which is my backup.  I also like the Tisi, which is my second backup.

I don't have the options you do, as I don't think the 8 degree is an option for left handed.  I think it is just 9 and 10 for us. I had found with the tensei white, motore x f3 and ventus blue that all were low launching for me.  I usually hit up on the ball too (around 2.4* up last time i checked it with a regular sim).  So, I have fought the low launches with it.  Results are good, but carry wasn't that good and roll made up for it as I had detailed in previous posts here.  Part of me thinks that all three shafts may be too stiff.  Not sure on that one. 

I will agree that this club, particularly with the AF is hard to fade.  I have had none.  The balls that went left started there and went very straight.  The only curve I have put on balls was draw curve when I got after one. 

24 minutes ago, Lasorcier said:

okay, this is indeed interesting and good stuff.  We have about the same setup except you like yours more upright and I like mine more flat.  Different strokes for different folks. 

I liked the TSi3 from the get-go, even before the AF.  One of my playing partners had just gotten it and it had a tensei blue in it.  I liked it from the first hit.  I had mine in a couple days.  The only other one I would probably consider is the G425.  Another playing partner has one of those and I just cannot stand the sound.  So, that is just a no-go from me.  To me the best sounding ping was the G400, which is my backup.  I also like the Tisi, which is my second backup.

I don't have the options you do, as I don't think the 8 degree is an option for left handed.  I think it is just 9 and 10 for us. I had found with the tensei white, motore x f3 and ventus blue that all were low launching for me.  I usually hit up on the ball too (around 2.4* up last time i checked it with a regular sim).  So, I have fought the low launches with it.  Results are good, but carry wasn't that good and roll made up for it as I had detailed in previous posts here.  Part of me thinks that all three shafts may be too stiff.  Not sure on that one. 

I will agree that this club, particularly with the AF is hard to fade.  I have had none.  The balls that went left started there and went very straight.  The only curve I have put on balls was draw curve when I got after one. 

My miss is toe down across the board so upright is usually the setting. 

I will keep you updated on the progress. Playing Cog Hill in Chicago next week so that will be a good test. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

2 minutes ago, stealthall said:

My miss is toe down across the board so upright is usually the setting. 

I will keep you updated on the progress. Playing Cog Hill in Chicago next week so that will be a good test. 

The other thing is I believe the AF increase the forgiveness of the TSi3. 

As an example, I have tried the Rad XB on 2 occasions and it is very difficult to make good contact. 

I also agree on the G425 Max, the sound by the time you reduce weight is just too much. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Surprised the Sim 2 Max weighs more than the standard Sim 2.  Mine without adapter is 195g.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

So today was a bit windy and I didn’t play all that great.  Got out a couple hours early from work and played a fairly tight course with lots of OB hazards and homes.  Drive the ball fantastic today, just chipping was terrible.  Would split the fairway and duff the 60-70 yard wedge shot about 15 yards.  Good lord. 🤪

anyway first hole is downwind (10-15mph gusts) and is pretty straight playing 450.  OB right and OB wayyyyyyy left.  Hit one about 340-350.  Didn’t have a GPS on the cart but with the laser it was 78yards to a middle flag.  Out drove my buddies by about 60-70 yards.  High, no spin shot that landed and rolled.  Even my bad swings were decent 260-270 and it seems that when I try and guide the shot is when I have a bad strike.  When I make up my mind and commit to the shot and not baby it but just a full swing (not all out) I make great contact. Had a bunch over 300 today.  Could reach every par 5 in 2 if I could quit over drawing my irons but at least my swing is finally coming along and I’m getting my distance back.  Still have kidney issues but started my speed stick training again and stretching every morning.  Has helped a ton. So far 1 week with the speed sticks and I can already see improvements of distance throughout the bag.  Irons, driving iron, hybrid, 3 wood and driver.  Trying to get my 6 week training done just as I leave for Maui and play a few rounds.  

My SF505X with All Fit will be here later this week and I’m going to order a few more adapters for the XX shafts.  Want to really hit the Rad Speed with the AF (both X and XX).  Don’t have a TSi3 but I do have a TS3 I want to also test.  

Edited by My2Dogs

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

13 hours ago, Lasorcier said:

Yep, my miss was usually toe down too.  My solution to that was to lengthen everything by an inch and flatten 1*.  that pretty much halted that.  PXG actually helped me figure that out.  They did good.

Just ordered this black lead tape to hide it better....

SummerHosue 1 Gram Per Inch Golf High Density Lead Tape Weight with Black Color Coated 1/2'' x 100'' https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QL88B21/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3G16MHD9GC79BQGYW1WP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

4 hours ago, TBD203 said:

I am strongly considering trying out a 505x... but the 505 works decently for me as long as I'm not *trying* to get one 260+ (Some still go that far anyway). Reaaaally trying my best not to pull the trigger and be sitting on two autoflex shafts.

Good luck! I was in exact same boat and resisted as long as possible but now I have two AF shafts sitting in my living room... 505 and 505x. Hate to do this to you but the 505X was night and day better for me. So comfortable not having to think about swinging smooth as silk. I feel like I can go after drives now and when I get too quick in transition I am not punished like the regular 505. Anyway... come to the dark side, get the 2nd AF and buy 3 more heads while you're at it! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lasorcier said:

Okay that is very cool.  Didn't know they made black tape.

I didn’t either...could be the new standard for me!

Another question - what tee height are you finding is the best for your TSi3 setup?

I am using birtee pro tees for my simulator and it seems the tallest tee, 2” is really making a difference. And on course the 4 More Yards green tee which is 2” as well. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I either use these white wooden tees that have a blue stripe on the bottom and the bottom of the blue is at ground level.  I also use these white plastic tees that have 3 small stripes and mount the bottom stripe at ground level.  

So that is high.  I am a club hoverer.  Picture hitting a nail in a baseboard with a sledge hammer.  The hammer is hovering - not sitting on the ground.  I swing very smooth and free that way.  I do that with irons as well.  

I'll find an image of the tees.

download (1).jpeg

Screenshot_20210421-120236.png

Edited by Lasorcier
Add images

1 hour ago, M44km44k said:

Good luck! I was in exact same boat and resisted as long as possible but now I have two AF shafts sitting in my living room... 505 and 505x. Hate to do this to you but the 505X was night and day better for me. So comfortable not having to think about swinging smooth as silk. I feel like I can go after drives now and when I get too quick in transition I am not punished like the regular 505. Anyway... come to the dark side, get the 2nd AF and buy 3 more heads while you're at it! 

Darnit - to the BST I go.

• Like 1

I may have gotten a lighter G425 head. Mine with original weight 26 gram  came to 203 and with the 17 gram back weight is coming to 194 with the screw. (Was going off the reviews saying head weight  of under 200 were seeing the most success.)

im going to the PGA superstore today so it’ll be the first day on a machine with some data.

i do have a personal monitor that came with my super speed training- and did see about 3-4mph increase from just dry swinging.

Edited by Sagbear

51 minutes ago, Sagbear said:

I may have gotten a lighter G425 head. Mine with original weight 26 gram  came to 203 and with the 17 gram back weight is coming to 194 with the screw. (Was going off the reviews saying head weight  of under 200 were seeing the most success.)

im going to the PGA superstore today so it’ll be the first day on a machine with some data.

i do have a personal monitor that came with my super speed training- and did see about 3-4mph increase from just dry swinging.

Are those weights with or without the adapter?

Decided to hit a couple balls before dinner. The purple was normal swinging and the white REALLY focusing and trying to swing slow and smooth. 

Ball speed obviously dropped but carry and total down only 2 yards each. 

Not that it’s any new news but good gracious son, swing easy!!

21348D30-7F1A-4378-B138-91A337BC28EE.jpeg

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x