2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

Quick update: the swing speed wasn’t working in the bay I was using at PGA tour so was going off ball speed feel and launch.

Gamer was extremely straight today’. Auto flex was about 10 yards longer but had a slight right miss in it while using the 17 gram back weight. Tried putting the 23 gram weight in there and the launch dropped wayyyy down. Put the 13 gram In the back and had a 2 way miss. 

Going  to try and get on a track man to see better results but strike  with all 3 weights seemed to be ever so slightly toe but low in the face. Is this something that can be fixed with tee height? 

Does anyone know if the any of the main fitting studios (TrueSpec, Club Champion, Cool Clubs) are carrying this shaft for fittings yet?

If not, what would be the easiest way to test this shaft out? I have a TS3 with a Oban Devotion TR 65 04 currently. Based on the reviews it doesn't sound like this shaft mixes well with the TS3 due to swingweight?

I generally swing in the 112 to 115 mph range.

I just heard that Titleist is going to be offering the AF as an upgraded option very soon.  Also that possibly a few other OEM’s might also.  Wow

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

7 hours ago, The Stallion said:

If not, what would be the easiest way to test this shaft out? I have a TS3 with a Oban Devotion TR 65 04 currently. Based on the reviews it doesn't sound like this shaft mixes well with the TS3 due to swingweight?

I think it mixes well once I removed the weight from the back and lead taped it towards the front.

I think this could be the case with any head billed as "forgiving" which to me says as much weight in the rear as possible and generally higher spin.  

Since the shaft has good kick, that is going to add spin.  When combined with the already higher spinning forgiving head, that is the bad combo I think.  

To me that doesn't seem swing weight related.  It is weight distribution in the head related.  I input the parameters of my jumbomaxed af TSi3 on the leaderboard swingweight calculator and it says C5.  But my grip is 104g so to me it is meaningless.  All I know is the club feels good, goes amazingly straight, launches higher for me and carries significantly further.

I always reserve the right to be an idiot and these results are for me alone.  

Small update, playing the Autoflex at 46" with Sim 9 degree turn down to 8.  I am getting more comfortable with the driver with every round and range session, hitting some of the longest drives I've ever hit for sure.  I know the main talking point is the distance but this thing is so damn straight and easy to control.  In last 2 rounds, I missed 4 fairway and 3 of the misses is with the 3W. 😉 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Range night at Top Tracer.  I continue to be impressed by this shaft.  Still with the 47" length, two lead tape strips towards the front, no weight in back.  That seems to be the absolute right combo for me.  Extremely consistent and amazing straight flight.  Got video this time.  The sun is to the rear, which makes it difficult to see the ball, but these were all fairway balls, 275-295, depending on roll.  Carry was 265ish.  Launch angle was around 11-14, depending.  Ball speed was around 154-157.  No idea on SS.  Top Tracer doesn't track SS.  Setting is 3/4* flat and 8.25*.

I also continue to be amazed that when I am addressing the ball, it is flexy.  However, it is amazingly stable during the swing as long as you are smooth.  The only flexing I actually feel is at address when I'm doing that goofing around to get comfortable and at the end when the shaft hits the back of my neck on follow through.  Stable otherwise.

I look behind me because that's where the monitor is located.  The last one where I lost my balance, that was pretty much optimally and fully struck.  Nothing withheld in that swing.

19 minutes ago, Lasorcier said:

Range night at Top Tracer.  I continue to be impressed by this shaft.  Still with the 47" length, two lead tape strips towards the front, no weight in back.  That seems to be the absolute right combo for me.  Extremely consistent and amazing straight flight.  Got video this time.  The sun is to the rear, which makes it difficult to see the ball, but these were all fairway balls, 275-295, depending on roll.  Carry was 265ish.  Launch angle was around 11-14, depending.  Ball speed was around 154-157.  No idea on SS.  Top Tracer doesn't track SS.  Setting is 3/4* flat and 8.25*.

I also continue to be amazed that when I am addressing the ball, it is flexy.  However, it is amazingly stable during the swing as long as you are smooth.  The only flexing I actually feel is at address when I'm doing that goofing around to get comfortable and at the end when the shaft hits the back of my neck on follow through.  Stable otherwise.

I look behind me because that's where the monitor is located.  The last one where I lost my balance, that was pretty much optimally and fully struck.  Nothing withheld in that swing.

Great looking finish and wonderful tempo.  I’m officially jealous.  My swing looks like the old swing tool where the shaft breaks in the middle if it’s not on plane.  LOL. Also with all my surgeries I cannot finish with it behind my head like that.  It whips back quickly.  

I am tired of shipping companies being constantly late.  AF Shaft with the All Fit was supposed to be here yesterday and still nothing today.  Hoping tomorrow as I’ll have a 2hr window to hit balls before my sons game.  Also going to rain Sunday and then be terrible for a few days.  I got a lighter weight for the Cobra Rad Speed and can get the head down to 189g without adapter now.  I want to hit this baby with the AF!  

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Didn’t do so well on the course at 45.75” untipped. Had head weight down to 189 before the adapter and I kept losing it high and right. I’ve also been recommended to play it shorter and even consider .5” tipping. What I will say is that the 505xx feels significantly stiffer than the 505x, relatively speaking. It’s not stiff by any means, but I think it’s a noticeable difference. 

46 minutes ago, jgard320 said:

Didn’t do so well on the course at 45.75” untipped. Had head weight down to 189 before the adapter and I kept losing it high and right. I’ve also been recommended to play it shorter and even consider .5” tipping. What I will say is that the 505xx feels significantly stiffer than the 505x, relatively speaking. It’s not stiff by any means, but I think it’s a noticeable difference. 

I agree 100%, the xx was a big difference for me vs. the 505x. I play 70x in my 4wd and 95x in the hybrid and I just couldn’t get the repeated success from the 505xx as I could with the 505x. 

very interesting. Kinda goes to show how important it is to test them all and not assume. 

Edited by stealthall

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I dropped the mav max head weight from 192 to 188 and it seems to have straightened me out. I played 18 yesterday and hit some bombs. The most encouraging thing was that I never lost one right which has always been my big miss.

i just played 18 on the sim and I’m usually in the 150mph ball speed range topping out at 160mph. I had a bunch of drives in the 160’s. 

Anyone have any success with the Epic Max LS?  I’ve heard the head is heavy and I think someone tried to get a lighter sliding back weight.  Didn’t know how that turned out.

Edited by My2Dogs

PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 hours ago, stealthall said:

I agree 100%, the xx was a big difference for me vs. the 505x. I play 70x in my 4wd and 95x in the hybrid and I just couldn’t get the repeated success from the 505xx as I could with the 505x. 

very interesting. Kinda goes to show how important it is to test them all and not assume. 

I had the opposite. 505x was a big 2 way miss no matter what I did. 505xx is just the high right miss. Going to shorten it to my normal length of 45 and tip it 1/2” to take some of that high right out of the picture. The xx is way more predictable for me. Just need to dial it in. I really start to struggle with longer drivers.

18 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Great looking finish and wonderful tempo.  I’m officially jealous.  My swing looks like the old swing tool where the shaft breaks in the middle if it’s not on plane.  LOL. Also with all my surgeries I cannot finish with it behind my head like that.  It whips back quickly.  

I am tired of shipping companies being constantly late.  AF Shaft with the All Fit was supposed to be here yesterday and still nothing today.  Hoping tomorrow as I’ll have a 2hr window to hit balls before my sons game.  Also going to rain Sunday and then be terrible for a few days.  I got a lighter weight for the Cobra Rad Speed and can get the head down to 189g without adapter now.  I want to hit this baby with the AF!  

What weight configuration gets you to that level? I’m using the stock with the heavy weight in the back. 

I got 18 in after work last night. Haven’t played this course since last season and on a handful of holes I was way further down the fairway than normal. 

One of the biggest thing I’ve noticed since gaming the AF for about 2 months is that I can pretty consistently play the same ball for all 18 without losing a rock. The dispersion on this thing is great and my mishits go way further than mishits on my old setup. 

I’ve got an epic lineup of courses in the books next week in Scottsdale. I can’t wait to see how far the ball travels out there when I connect with one.  

Edited by JMATHEEENS

32 minutes ago, JMATHEEENS said:

What weight configuration gets you to that level? I’m using the stock with the heavy weight in the back. 

I got 18 in after work last night. Haven’t played this course since last season and on a handful of holes I was way further down the fairway than normal. 

One of the biggest thing I’ve noticed since gaming the AF for about 2 months is that I can pretty consistently play the same ball for all 18 without losing a rock. The dispersion on this thing is great and my mishits go way further than mishits on my old setup. 

I’ve got an epic lineup of courses in the books next week in Scottsdale. I can’t wait to see how far the ball travels out there when I connect with one.  

I got a 2g in the back and swapped out the 12g in the front for a 6g.  Otherwise it’s 195g without adapter.  9* head. 

if I keep the 12g in I can use the SF505XX easily but I want to try with the lighter weight to see if it picks up any speed.  Or maybe if it’s 189G I can use the SF505X.  

My Sim2 in the SF505XX is 195G without adapter and I have no trouble in the XX. Also 9* loft.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 4/23/2021 at 11:46 PM, Lasorcier said:

This place looks familiar.  I was just at Miracle Hills using my AutoFlex Sim2 Max.  Hit my longest drive ever on #3 and it was into a stiff breeze.

Very nice!  The breeze today was something else for sure.  I only got 225 or so on that hole today.  Wind was like 25mph then with these gusts that would almost make you lose your balance.  Any southbound hole like that one required some effort, being good at hunkering down, and getting up & down when you came up short.  It was certainly a 3-club wind and sometimes 4-club.  Did get 12/13 fairways.  Loving this shaft and it does surprisingly well in these sorts of conditions.

That video was bay 8 at the top tracer building.  Good eye!

2 rounds up here in Chi-Town on courses I have never seen. Let’s see how the ol’ AF does. 

kinda nervous....

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 4/24/2021 at 8:07 PM, My2Dogs said:

I got a 2g in the back and swapped out the 12g in the front for a 6g.  Otherwise it’s 195g without adapter.  9* head. 

if I keep the 12g in I can use the SF505XX easily but I want to try with the lighter weight to see if it picks up any speed.  Or maybe if it’s 189G I can use the SF505X.  

My Sim2 in the SF505XX is 195G without adapter and I have no trouble in the XX. Also 9* loft.

Nice - I just ordered the 6G weight. Looking forward to doing some testing when it gets in. 

2 hours ago, jgard320 said:

I’m going to try out the 505 iron shafts. Swung a ping club with a 65g senior cfs graphite shaft, and when I was conscious about smoothing my tempo, I gained about 5 yards, hit it straighter, and flew it higher. 

I’m thinking they’d be good in a single length set up.

Might be time for me to check out of this thread... I have no self control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBD203 said:

Might be time for me to check out of this thread... I have no self control.

I hear you on that one. The club was bent 3* up which I’m assuming offset some of the additional deflection. I hit it as a what the heck kind of idea and it occurred to me that this level of ease dialed in a single length set could do wonders to make the game significantly easier. Would be fantastic if the game became as simple as point and shoot from 220 yards out. 

Just finished playing. There were 11 holes that driver was useable. I hit 8 of 11. Of the 3 misses 2 were straight off the tee but caught fairway bunkers. The 3rd rolled through into the second cut. 

Very windy and she performed very well. I am done tinkering and this is the setup going forward. 

Another round tomorrow and we shall see how the old girl does.  

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

USPS finally delivered my SF505X today with the All Fit adapter.  I got a bunch of the cogs to fit into all of my drivers.  The one question I have for folks is how the heck do they keep the rubber piece on when you have to swap out screws.  I lost one just because it fell off while trying to add the longer screw for the Cobra.  LOL. Those are a pain in the butt.  I almost lost it inside the darn head itself.  

going to  get out after work tomorrow with the SF505X and Cobra Rad Speed at 189g playing 46”.  I am also taking my Mavrik at 192g with the SF505XX just in case I don’t hit it well as I’m playing with my friends and the course is packed.  I don’t want to be spraying shots and holding up the pace.

If this All Fit works I’ll order a few more to put on one of my SF505XX, Ventus Black, Blue and Red and the 1K.  Then I can sell all my other shafts as I won’t need a shop full anymore.  

I’ll also sell the 2nd SF505XX as I won’t need 2 of them.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

USPS finally delivered my SF505X today with the All Fit adapter.  I got a bunch of the cogs to fit into all of my drivers.  The one question I have for folks is how the heck do they keep the rubber piece on when you have to swap out screws.  I lost one just because it fell off while trying to add the longer screw for the Cobra.  LOL. Those are a pain in the butt.  I almost lost it inside the darn head itself.  

going to  get out after work tomorrow with the SF505X and Cobra Rad Speed at 189g playing 46”.  I am also taking my Mavrik at 192g with the SF505XX just in case I don’t hit it well as I’m playing with my friends and the course is packed.  I don’t want to be spraying shots and holding up the pace.

If this All Fit works I’ll order a few more to put on one of my SF505XX, Ventus Black, Blue and Red and the 1K.  Then I can sell all my other shafts as I won’t need a shop full anymore.  

I’ll also sell the 2nd SF505XX as I won’t need 2 of them.  

If you are dealing with your Mav single diamond you can't use the rubber washer from the oem setup. Have to use the washer that came with the all-fit. The oem screw is bigger and the washer falls right off. If your all-fit stuff is same as fine the washer that came with it will stay on the screw fine once threaded on. 

If you are asking how to get them on initially, that took me a few tries to get down but once they are on every head they should stay on until you switch back to oem screws. 

2 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

If you are dealing with your Mav single diamond you can't use the rubber washer from the oem setup. Have to use the washer that came with the all-fit. The oem screw is bigger and the washer falls right off. If your all-fit stuff is same as fine the washer that came with it will stay on the screw fine once threaded on. 

If you are asking how to get them on initially, that took me a few tries to get down but once they are on every head they should stay on until you switch back to oem screws. 

Yeah swapping it out as the Cobra required a longer screw than what comes with the OEM original set up.  Also the OEM washer is larger because the screw is wider and shorter than the All Fit.  Haven’t tried anything else but the Cobra since it took me a while to get the rubber washer on for the Cobra.  

good to know though for the Callaway as I will try it when I get a new adapter for the XX.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 minute ago, My2Dogs said:

Yeah swapping it out as the Cobra required a longer screw than what comes with the OEM original set up.  Also the OEM washer is larger because the screw is wider and shorter than the All Fit.  Haven’t tried anything else but the Cobra since it took me a while to get the rubber washer on for the Cobra.  

good to know though for the Callaway as I will try it when I get a new adapter for the XX.

Yep cobra was the first one I tried and that super long screw was hard to thread through the washer. Mav and sim not as bad.

5 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

Yep cobra was the first one I tried and that super long screw was hard to thread through the washer. Mav and sim not as bad.

What’s the technique in case I’m doing it wrong.  I just try and put the washer on top of the adapter, slide the driver head over and then put the screw down on top and hope the washer didn’t move.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

What’s the technique in case I’m doing it wrong.  I just try and put the washer on top of the adapter, slide the driver head over and then put the screw down on top and hope the washer didn’t move.  

That's the best technique I could think of. Would love to here a better one though.

Still playing my SF405 in a SIM2 Max turned down to 8.* Along with some diligent swing work, I'm hitting my longest drives ever. It's really fun smashing it. 😄

I thought about maybe getting a shaft wrap, but I like the pink too much. Throwing a pink Pure Pro grip on again as soon as I can.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

4 minutes ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Still playing my SF405 in a SIM2 Max turned down to 8.* Along with some diligent swing work, I'm hitting my longest drives ever. It's really fun smashing it. 😄

I thought about maybe getting a shaft wrap, but I like the pink too much. Throwing a pink Pure Pro grip on again as soon as I can.

What’s the head weight you have your Sim2 Max at?  

PXG Hybrid stand bag