2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

2 hours ago, Lasorcier said:

Good post. I'm going to bet it is straight on the course.  Mine sure is. 

Same for me, straight and just quite a bit longer.  I'm hoping I don't wake up and it's been a dream.    @oo1oo I started out using an M4 D that's been my gamer for several years.  It worked ok in the autoflex but just too much left.  I picked up a SIM2 head and it's been money.  If you really like your M4, I'd say to try out a SIM2, was a really easy change for me.  

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

Alright everyone, My 505X arrived today! Going to be playing it at 46.5 inches in a SIM 1. Purchased a billybob back weight at 5 grams and that got the head weight down to 189. It's gripped with Tour Velvet Midsize with 1 wrap top hand 3 wraps bottom hand. Not sure exactly what the swing weight is, but I'm excited to try this set up out this weekend. Man this thing is FLIMSY! IMG_4377.jpeg.ecc5f95f47f7a1f1d8c997e94d4ef712.jpeg

TaylorMade Qi10 9 - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi10 15 - Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 4 & 5 Hybrid - Accra TZ5 95 HY M5

Titleist T150 5- PW Oban CT 125X 

Taylormade MG4 48 54 60 Oban CT 125X (-)

Taylormade MySpider GT L-Neck 

R.I.P autoflex. Hopefully I don’t have a hassle replacing it. Anyone else had this happen? Any issues with replacement?9A1063FC-B560-4611-B885-49C9FE15B8EE.jpeg.e454ea2c382cca0d16a3c525f5d6bb54.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

39 minutes ago, dodgyman said:

R.I.P autoflex. Hopefully I don’t have a hassle replacing it. Anyone else had this happen? Any issues with replacement?9A1063FC-B560-4611-B885-49C9FE15B8EE.jpeg.e454ea2c382cca0d16a3c525f5d6bb54.jpeg

I’m not seeing the problem?

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

1 hour ago, dodgyman said:

Maybe now you can see the "Korea Hidden Technology" and tell us what it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

505x fairway shaft ($625 version) is going to stay in my fairways. Build a wishon eq1-nx 4/7 wood combo at 40.5”. Tipped 1” with a head weight of 230 grams. Both fairway woods are automatic. I have to try hard to not make center contact and hit a high, soft landing shot. High end distance isn’t much longer, but the consistency can’t be beat. 

1 hour ago, Bad9 said:

Maybe now you can see the "Korea Hidden Technology" and tell us what it is.

Lol, actually someone on YouTube already cut one open. Looks like warranty is good and I’m upgrading to the X. It makes no sense that’s the reason it snapped, but I was at the edge anyway and swinging harder, at this point psychologically I need a bit more.

2 hours ago, dodgyman said:

Lol, actually someone on YouTube already cut one open. Looks like warranty is good and I’m upgrading to the X. It makes no sense that’s the reason it snapped, but I was at the edge anyway and swinging harder, at this point psychologically I need a bit more.

Can I ask what your setup was with this? Head weight, length and swingweight? How did it snap, on the downswing or after impact?

1 hour ago, junkfry said:

Can I ask what your setup was with this? Head weight, length and swingweight? How did it snap, on the downswing or after impact?

Full length, standard epic speed head, don’t have the exact weight. Shaft was the 505.

Oh and it was uncut.

The shaft snapped right on/after impact, as i still hit a huge drive for me 250 yards uphill and dead straight.

I heard a crack and then saw my club head fall to the ground.

Edited by dodgyman

I am hoping to get some advice from the experienced Autoflex users on the forum. 

I have been using a 505 with my Radspeed head and really liked the results, except for a tendency to send the ball left a little too often. 

In a mad moment I splashed out on a 505x and after 2 rounds I am really happy with it. It is going significantly longer and feels very stable, going either dead straight or my preferred very slight draw. 

I had the 505 cut down an inch and with a standard grip was on a D2 swing weight. I have decided not to cut the 505X (for now anyway) and with the same weight grip, head etc. the initial swing weight was D5. 

I have removed the 12gr removable weight from the front of the Radspeed and replaced it with the 2gr weight. The back weight area just has the screw with no weight at all, other than the screw. 

This still didn't bring the SW down to the level I wanted so I added a lead strip at the bottom of the grip. 

The swing weight is now measuring D1 which is where I wanted it. 

Here is my question. Is this the best way of achieving D1? I have read that the weight adjustments need to be to the head and adding weight, as in my case, to the grip end of the club does not have any affect.

Any help / advice would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, M44km44k said:

The results sound amazing so why do you want to drop the SW down more? Really nothing else you can do with the RadSpeed other than remove the remaining 2g weight or cut the shaft down a little. 

I'd leave it the way it is as long as the results are where you want!

Yes, I agree. I wasn't sure if removing the heavier weight and only having the 2gr at the front of the head was a sensible thing  to do or not.  

Thanks for your reply. I am going to leave it as it is for now as the length doesn't seem to be an issue.  

Well.  Thought about not posting this. But. Felt dishonest not to since I posted to start with. 

that was a short lived honeymoon. Took the 505XX combo to the course yesterday and proceeded to incur the most penalty shots in a round ive had in 4 years.  And my handicap is currently 0.6.  With a ridiculously good fairways hit percentage . I keep all my stats and according to the app I had -4.78 strokes gained off the tee yesterday.  I’m usual + numbers.  

I simply could not keep the clubhead in front of me.  It was behind behind behind .... strike it on the middle. But alwasy high right miss.    I saw this in practice too.  But could get into a grove and time up several in a row.  No doubt it’s long. But it’s just a mental game killer for me if I’m honest.  I don’t like to beg off the tee.  And I begged on every shot except 2 yesterday.  

it’s already in the hands of a new  tester.  I sincerely hope he can square it up . 
there’s a reason why Matt on TXG never says he will play this shaft.  The high right miss at these speeds is off the planet.  Sorry to be a downer.  I hope everyone of you hits it longer and straighter still.  

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

15 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Well.  Thought about not posting this. But. Felt dishonest not to since I posted to start with. 

that was a short lived honeymoon. Took the 505XX combo to the course yesterday and proceeded to incur the most penalty shots in a round ive had in 4 years.  And my handicap is currently 0.6.  With a ridiculously good fairways hit percentage . I keep all my stats and according to the app I had -4.78 strokes gained off the tee yesterday.  I’m usual + numbers.  

I simply could not keep the clubhead in front of me.  It was behind behind behind .... strike it on the middle. But alwasy high right miss.    I saw this in practice too.  But could get into a grove and time up several in a row.  No doubt it’s long. But it’s just a mental game killer for me if I’m honest.  I don’t like to beg off the tee.  And I begged on every shot except 2 yesterday.  

it’s already in the hands of a new  tester.  I sincerely hope he can square it up . 
there’s a reason why Matt on TXG never says he will play this shaft.  The high right miss at these speeds is off the planet.  Sorry to be a downer.  I hope everyone of you hits it longer and straighter still.  

Your experience here is why I think hitting dozens of balls in a driver fitting is not useful for me. My first 2-3 are my real swing that will show up on a golf course and everything after that involves some kind of compensation if the club doesn't fit well. My max would be 10 balls. The idea of hitting balls in a simulator for an hour(no matter how accurate) to "dial in my number" makes no sense to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

26 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

Your experience here is why I think hitting dozens of balls in a driver fitting is not useful for me. My first 2-3 are my real swing that will show up on a golf course and everything after that involves some kind of compensation if the club doesn't fit well. My max would be 10 balls. The idea of hitting balls in a simulator for an hour(no matter how accurate) to "dial in my number" makes no sense to me.

Yep.  I agree.   In fact I refuse to even hit in an indoor simulator , I can never get the feel of an actual shot without seeing the flight.  It’s just feels like walking down a dark hallway . Blind as can be.  

I fit for this one outside on trackman , so I could versify with my eyes what the monitor said.  But still.  

my honest opinion is that this is great for someone who’s late miss will not go far enough to go out of play .  Over a certain speed ( not sure what that is ) that miss is gone on most holes , and the risk becomes not worth the gains.  The speed gain is real. But the dispersion cone for me was about 70 yards wide at worst and 50 yards wide at best. With a best 12 balls in a row being about 24 yards apart.  I never could recreate that groove.   And I tried every ball position , grip change , and tee height combo you could imagine. While adjusting on the head settings.  I hit so many balls last week ( I have room to hit driver  at home on the farm) trying to make it work , my back is sore.  

picked up my gamer combo yesterday afternoon for 20 balls and on the 3rd ball was hitting a tight draw in a tight pattern.  Picked those balls up and lasered back to the teeing area and I’m about 12 yards short of the landing of the autoflex combo.  

edit to add - 

there’s also the idea / hunch that dropping the rear weight in the head drastically  ( sim 2 ) may have helped the shaft to recover and keep up and not be so far behind the rest of me coming down.  I did not get a chance to try this.  But I suspect it would at least help. I just do not have the time to chase it.  I have tournaments coming up .  

Edited by bladehunter

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 5/16/2021 at 5:08 AM, Paulo100 said:

I am hoping to get some advice from the experienced Autoflex users on the forum. 

I have been using a 505 with my Radspeed head and really liked the results, except for a tendency to send the ball left a little too often. 

In a mad moment I splashed out on a 505x and after 2 rounds I am really happy with it. It is going significantly longer and feels very stable, going either dead straight or my preferred very slight draw. 

I had the 505 cut down an inch and with a standard grip was on a D2 swing weight. I have decided not to cut the 505X (for now anyway) and with the same weight grip, head etc. the initial swing weight was D5. 

I have removed the 12gr removable weight from the front of the Radspeed and replaced it with the 2gr weight. The back weight area just has the screw with no weight at all, other than the screw. 

This still didn't bring the SW down to the level I wanted so I added a lead strip at the bottom of the grip. 

Here is my question. Is this the best way of achieving D1? I have read that the weight adjustments need to be to the head and adding weight, as in my case, to the grip end of the club does not have any affect.

I have the Rad speed driver in a 505 cut down 1 inch added the cobra connect grip 2 gram weight in the front and 7 gram weight in rear D0.5 Swing weight 

Finding a little less distance than when I had it full length but much better center contact the driver is now robotic longer by 10 yards than the Motor F1 shaft I had in it and ultra forgiving so much I have let three members try it at my club all three went and purchased the shaft.  

Golf Daily

Played again yesterday, shot a 76 which is second lowest round in my life. After being 1 over after nine I hit a “bad” drive on 10 which was in the right rough. 

As I think over my last 4 rounds, my scores were 87, 82, 80, 76. I have not had one single penalty ball off the tee or even a red stake ball. That has never happened, EVER. The so called bad drives have been catching a fairway bunker, slightly wide of the fairway in the rough or running through the fairway. I am just absolutely shocked. 

Of those 4 latest rounds, 2 were courses I have never seen before in 15MPH wind each day and 2 that I know quite well. So as far as I am concerned this is sound and fair data for me to reflect on and continue to build on.

What I have been doing is getting a little bit more aggressive in my follow through as I am starting to really see where the breaking point is for diminished returns. I have been able to aim left (RH hitter) and fade the ball in and also just aim down the pipe and swing easy on a narrow driving hole. Pretty fun stuff.

I continue to drive the ball well and feel really confident on the tee. In a couple months I may start tinkering with the fairway AF shaft, we shall see.

• Like 3

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 5/15/2021 at 7:44 PM, dodgyman said:

Full length, standard epic speed head, don’t have the exact weight. Shaft was the 505.

Oh and it was uncut.

The shaft snapped right on/after impact, as i still hit a huge drive for me 250 yards uphill and dead straight.

I heard a crack and then saw my club head fall to the ground.

For anyone who cares, I actually talked to my club fitter and it was cut I just don't know what to. They cut it to get it to D1, so I don't have the measurements. That makes a ton more sense to me now.

5 hours ago, stealthall said:

Played again yesterday, shot a 76 which is second lowest round in my life. After being 1 over after nine I hit a “bad” drive on 10 which was in the right rough. 

As I think over my last 4 rounds, my scores were 87, 82, 80, 76. I have not had one single penalty ball off the tee or even a red stake ball. That has never happened, EVER. The so called bad drives have been catching a fairway bunker, slightly wide of the fairway in the rough or running through the fairway. I am just absolutely shocked. 

Of those 4 latest rounds, 2 were courses I have never seen before in 15MPH wind each day and 2 that I know quite well. So as far as I am concerned this is sound and fair data for me to reflect on and continue to build on.

What I have been doing is getting a little bit more aggressive in my follow through as I am starting to really see where the breaking point is for diminished returns. I have been able to aim left (RH hitter) and fade the ball in and also just aim down the pipe and swing easy on a narrow driving hole. Pretty fun stuff.

I continue to drive the ball well and feel really confident on the tee. In a couple months I may start tinkering with the fairway AF shaft, we shall see.

This is exactly what I have been seeing since I went to the AF505 a couple of months ago. Dispersion is better than any other shaft I have ever played. And before AF the Driver had always been by far the worst part of my game. NO MORE!!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 Red w/White Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I've had mine in play for several weeks now and overall it's been a really great experience.  I'm hitting the ball further and when I don't put a horrible swing on the club, the dispersion is really good.  Overall no complaints other than my crappy swings that happen every once in awhile.  And note they happened with my previous driver so it's not just an autoflex issue.  My buddy who picked up an autoflex and has a pxg proto head is hitting the ball a lot further and straighter than ever.  He's found the right combo for him!  

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

AF in the lead at the PGA…keep tinkering peeps, it’s worth it!

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 5/14/2021 at 6:09 PM, EDWARDSR said:

Alright everyone, My 505X arrived today! Going to be playing it at 46.5 inches in a SIM 1. Purchased a billybob back weight at 5 grams and that got the head weight down to 189. It's gripped with Tour Velvet Midsize with 1 wrap top hand 3 wraps bottom hand. Not sure exactly what the swing weight is, but I'm excited to try this set up out this weekend. Man this thing is FLIMSY! IMG_4377.jpeg.ecc5f95f47f7a1f1d8c997e94d4ef712.jpeg

Alright everyone, jury is out for me and I just can’t get on with this shaft. I cant slow down my move in transition, so this shaft had me all out of sorts. Have about 15-20 swings with it with one warmup and 9 hole session. 

long story short I have a 505X that plays 46.5 in a TaylorMade driver heading to the BST 

TaylorMade Qi10 9 - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi10 15 - Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 4 & 5 Hybrid - Accra TZ5 95 HY M5

Titleist T150 5- PW Oban CT 125X 

Taylormade MG4 48 54 60 Oban CT 125X (-)

Taylormade MySpider GT L-Neck 

I don't get it. It's just a really flexible light shaft. It's a Mitsubishi Bassara 50 stiff. Sure you can bomb it if you catch it well, but most people are going to lose accuracy.

Oosthuizen was trying one and then changed to a Ventus Blue 6 stiff. Which is probably slightly stiffer than the Autoflex XX. 

2 hours ago, nova6868 said:

I don't get it. It's just a really flexible light shaft. It's a Mitsubishi Bassara 50 stiff. Sure you can bomb it if you catch it well, but most people are going to lose accuracy.

Oosthuizen was trying one and then changed to a Ventus Blue 6 stiff. Which is probably slightly stiffer than the Autoflex XX. 

Maybe it is the Bassara, don’t really care. It has brought my driving game back to life and when I miss it’s still a good drive for a weekend warrior. I disagree with your comment. It’s not for everyone, nothing in golf is, that’s why there are more than one equipment companies. This shaft NEEDS to be fitted, if you drop it in and you instantly get amazing results consider yourself VERY lucky.

Don’t bash it because it is expensive. If one of the regular people on this post reached out to me and said, there is the $800 shaft that will help your driving game, its going to cost your more than that in buying and selling heads and tinkering....I am still in. Golf is worth it to me.

In terms of the pros, I really have no idea why they would play it. They strike the ball almost perfect, most of the time, they can play any club at any time with most any shaft and make it work. They have access to the best fitters and any equipment they want to test. That being said, the fact that Grace is still gaming it when he can play ANY shaft in the world...has to mean something.

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 5/16/2021 at 8:08 AM, Paulo100 said:

What's your average SS on your driver? 

I'm playing the 505 in my Radspeed and am around 100 right now. Just got in a 6 gram weight to swap out the 12 gram weight. I had the driver cut down 0.75" or 1" and it's currently playing D3. Going to get a couple rounds in with the lighter setup this weekend and see how it works out. 

Edited by JMATHEEENS

4 hours ago, nova6868 said:

Here’s at least one datapoint.

Not quite the same.

10 hours ago, nova6868 said:

Well I can say this. It's definitely not a Bassara 50 in my case. Played that's shaft previous to my AF and couldn't even keep it on the range. Nothing but HIGH and RIGHT, WAY RIGHT.

Like posted earlier and I have stated many times. The AF505 is easily the STRAIGHTEST shaft I have EVER PLAYED.

Edited by SEP1006
  • Like 2

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 Red w/White Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

10 hours ago, stealthall said:

AF in the lead at the PGA…keep tinkering peeps, it’s worth it!

I always knew that the difference between me and a front of the pack tour pro was just not enough tinkering, thanks! 😝

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant