2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

7 hours ago, dodgyman said:

Here’s at least one datapoint.

Not quite the same.

Every now and then we get these pikers on here that like to launch grenades. 

People - it’s ok if it doesn’t work out for you. Take your lumps and carry on. 

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

3 minutes ago, stealthall said:

Every now and then we get these pikers on here that like to launch grenades. 

People - it’s ok if it doesn’t work out for you. Take your lumps and carry on. 

I agree 100%. I didn’t get along with the shaft, but in no way do I think it’s some snake oil!

I can see where it’s a game changer for others, it just didn’t work out for me and MY swing! 

• Like 3

TaylorMade Qi10 9 - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi10 15 - Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 4 & 5 Hybrid - Accra TZ5 95 HY M5

Titleist T150 5- PW Oban CT 125X 

Taylormade MG4 48 54 60 Oban CT 125X (-)

Taylormade MySpider GT L-Neck 

2 hours ago, skraly said:

Looks like Brandon Grace might be using a KHT at the PGA championship. They mentioned on air that he has a new driver shaft and is driving it much straighter.

He was using it at Harbor Town about 6 weeks ago.  Looks like it has stayed in his bag.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Epic Speed Triple Diamond 10.5 (-2 N)

444C8A4D-0D41-43AD-9813-6A2F456CD04D.jpeg.0fe327f11d1cbe06b81ee6661d6a6ab8.jpeg

Standard weight port are 8-8 grams for Triple Diamond and it weighs in at 198 grams in comparison to standard Epic Speed at 188 grams.
Both measured without connector.

Switched to 5-3 grams and playing at 46” to grip to achieve D1.5 swing weight

DDD386A5-4B3F-46B7-B02C-90C03F681587.jpeg.4a1549f7b674b3e5f382c94dbf781d00.jpeg

Did some initial testing on the range with GCQuad and numbers look very promising.

63F0BFFC-B821-4BE2-A28F-B01EC0860FB2.jpeg.0b7a52c398fb3333ec6db299c3e05bab.jpeg

Let’s see how it performs tomorrow on course with TP5 and TP5X 

• Like 1

Rogue ST LS 💎💎💎 9* Autoflex SF505XX

Rogue ST LS #3 15* Autoflex SF505X
Callaway Apex UW 19* TourAD HD7X
TM P790 4i KBS cTaper 115 X

PRGR 00 irons 5-P KBS cTaper 120X
50*-10 Raw JAWS Forged S-grind Modus3 125S
54*-10 Raw JAWS Raw Forged C-grind Modus3 125S
58*-08 Raw JAWS Raw T-grind Modus3 125S
Toulon San Diego long slant neck limited edition 35”

I am struggling to hit both 505 and 505X (current SS 103). I got SIM2 9 degree. It seems that the biggest issue is the spin and apex. I think I can hit my driving iron further into the wind. I got an after market weight on the back of the head (6g instead of 16g stock weight) to get the swing weight down. I really need some inputs and ideas. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I got the 6G weight in for my RadSpeed and put it in play last weekend, but could not control it. Switched back to the 12G weight on hole 7 and it was smooth sailing. 

I need hit the range and to tinker with the driver settings and the lighter weight to see how it performs vs. the 12G setup. I can't turn the 12G setup over (8* draw setting) and have a one-way miss that's more of a fade. When I was using the 6G weight I hit a few pull hooks so I think the driver settings were factoring into that.  

Hoping to get it dialed in before I play Hudson National and Sleepy Hollow next week. 

57 minutes ago, JMATHEEENS said:

I got the 6G weight in for my RadSpeed and put it in play last weekend, but could not control it. Switched back to the 12G weight on hole 7 and it was smooth sailing. 

I need hit the range and to tinker with the driver settings and the lighter weight to see how it performs vs. the 12G setup. I can't turn the 12G setup over (8* draw setting) and have a one-way miss that's more of a fade. When I was using the 6G weight I hit a few pull hooks so I think the driver settings were factoring into that.  

Hoping to get it dialed in before I play Hudson National and Sleepy Hollow next week. 

I didn't have success with the lighter weight in the Rad. Best numbers were with the stock 12g and removing the 2g. I'd like to hear if you find a setting and combo that works better though I moved on to the sim2 and haven't spent a ton of time tinkering with the RadSpeed. I've been meaning to get back to it just not enough time.

Just now, M44km44k said:

I didn't have success with the lighter weight in the Rad. Best numbers were with the stock 12g and removing the 2g. I'd like to hear if you find a setting and combo that works better though I moved on to the sim2 and haven't spent a ton of time tinkering with the RadSpeed. I've been meaning to get back to it just not enough time.

The first hole I switched back to the 12G weight was a 554 yard Par 5. I hit a 300-yard drive and smashed a 3-wood and made it on in two. 😂😂😂

I think I'm at at D3 now with the 12G weight. I just need to get on the range to play with the settings to see if I can find a better setup.   

• Like 1

Haven't posted in awhile.  I plan to let my SF505 go.  Had a great time with it and the distance gain was real (posted my review earlier in this thread).  I was unique in that I butt cut mine down to a much shorter playing length.  My shaft measures 42 1/8 inches from grip to tip.  Ultimately, I struggled with the random big miss during a round.  All me, but I had difficulty "getting it back" whenever a crazy wild one would come out of nowhere (of course, bad swing...but I went back to a setup that while shorter in distance, never has a crazy wild one).

Glad to see folks are still having success.

So played a couple times at the beach (hurt my back the prior weekend and should not have been playing) shot a 96! The week prior shot at 76! Had maybe 2 good drives. It’s going to happen, it has been all roses until that round. I have been gradually getting more aggressive with the swing which is getting me in trouble. Not to mention my back would stop working in the transition. 

anyhow, sometimes it’s not roses. I was humbled. 

bounced back with a 84 that was scrappy from my wedge game. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Sim2 @ 195g w/all fit adapter 

Both shafts (505xx & 505x) playing at 46” 

Swing speed 105-110

Put the 505xx in play for 4 rounds. I lost gains with the xx. It doesn’t feel as smooth and didn’t have the kick that the 505x has. My misses weren’t as forgiving either. Ball flight is a tad bit lower and when swung harder, it didn’t spin up as much as the 505x.  The 505xx is definitely for a 110+ swing speed to see gains imo.

Switched back to the 505x and this is it. No more tinkering. Further with better misses. 

Disclaimer - this is just my experience. Everyone is different. 

Finally was able to find a fitter nearby who specialized in Autoflex (not someone who just read about it on the internet).  He had a bunch of different shafts lengths and different heads to try.  I came in a little tight and probably not swinging my best as I had to drive almost an hour and a half to get there so the baseline stats might not have been my best.  I came in averaging around 233 carry with 248 total yardage (around 100.3 MPH swing and 146.3 Ball Speed).  I feeI like I normally get more yardage than that but the swing speed is right around what I'm used to so it was pretty close.

I was using my 505x with the Radspeed head with some lead tape to get it to D2.  Went through a bunch of iterations on that head and moved the heavy weight back and lofted it all the way up to 10.5 (9 degree head).  That helped a bit but not optimal.  Went to the SIM 2 and was hitting crazy high straight drives.  But spin was through the roof and launching way to high (18 degree launch).  Tried out the Ping 425 and that lasted 2 swings before realizing that was a no go as swing speed plummeted and smash factor was around 1.42.  Then I went for the Epic Max LS 10.5 with an extra inch added to the shaft and we had ourselves a winner.  I was able to swing as hard as I wanted trying to draw the ball and just hitting every ball to the same spot.  I got my swing speed up to 104.8 MPH with Ball Speed of 152.5.  Carry distance jumped up to 255 with 277 total yardage.  I maxed out at a 105.9 MPH and 280 total yardage.  I was really hoping to just dial in my launch and set the loft but really wasn't expecting that much delta from the same shaft.  Granted I know 1" longer adds swing speed and distance but not that much.  I walked out of there adding 22 yards carry and 29 yards overall!  Luckily I had gotten the Radspeed at Golfmart and was able to trade it in.  Can't wait to get on the course now.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jdorfman said:

Finally was able to find a fitter nearby who specialized in Autoflex (not someone who just read about it on the internet).  He had a bunch of different shafts lengths and different heads to try.  I came in a little tight and probably not swinging my best as I had to drive almost an hour and a half to get there so the baseline stats might not have been my best.  I came in averaging around 233 carry with 248 total yardage (around 100.3 MPH swing and 146.3 Ball Speed).  I feeI like I normally get more yardage than that but the swing speed is right around what I'm used to so it was pretty close.

I was using my 505x with the Radspeed head with some lead tape to get it to D2.  Went through a bunch of iterations on that head and moved the heavy weight back and lofted it all the way up to 10.5 (9 degree head).  That helped a bit but not optimal.  Went to the SIM 2 and was hitting crazy high straight drives.  But spin was through the roof and launching way to high (18 degree launch).  Tried out the Ping 425 and that lasted 2 swings before realizing that was a no go as swing speed plummeted and smash factor was around 1.42.  Then I went for the Epic Max LS 10.5 with an extra inch added to the shaft and we had ourselves a winner.  I was able to swing as hard as I wanted trying to draw the ball and just hitting every ball to the same spot.  I got my swing speed up to 104.8 MPH with Ball Speed of 152.5.  Carry distance jumped up to 255 with 277 total yardage.  I maxed out at a 105.9 MPH and 280 total yardage.  I was really hoping to just dial in my launch and set the loft but really wasn't expecting that much delta from the same shaft.  Granted I know 1" longer adds swing speed and distance but not that much.  I walked out of there adding 22 yards carry and 29 yards overall!  Luckily I had gotten the Radspeed at Golfmart and was able to trade it in.  Can't wait to get on the course now.

Where is the fitter located?

12 minutes ago, jdorfman said:

That’s awesome! Where is the fitter located?

On 6/2/2021 at 3:25 PM, Marty86 said:

Has anyone tried tinkering with an autoflex for a TSi2 by any chance? Am curious since it seems only TSi3 is mentioned.

I tried the TSi2. Almost every drive was dead straight but just could not get a lot of distance. Tried different lofts, weights, lead tape…everything. 

Great head just not as much of a rocket like others. And the AF shaft helps with dispersion so I would rather take distance/feel over dead straight. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

I tried a lighter option UST Quantum Purple 4F5 that’s an x flex and in the 50g weight.  It was a good shaft and much stiffer than the AF (like the 1K and Ventus Black) bu I went longer and the dispersion wasn’t as tight.  I only tried it twice so maybe I just didn’t give it enough time.

I played today with my AF505XX in my Callaway Epic Max LS.  Was a beast.  I actually added a heavier back weight as mine was only a 12g in the back and the total head weight was 192g.  With the heavier weight I was at 194g and had several long drives and dead straight.  Still testing as I just got a Mizuno ST Z but it comes in at 198g.  Also got a TSi3 and TSi4 to test on the AF, 1K and Ventus Black.  I hit the TSi4 on the range yesterday with the AF and it worked well.  Couldn’t tell the distance as I didn’t bring the Mevo to the range and the balls were really beat up.  Hoping the club swaps them out soon as it’s difficult to find any that I can use for the driver.  I try and find the best ones for the driver and hit the beat up ones with my irons.  Only found 10 out of a large bucket yesterday.  It was like finding gold they are so rare.  LOL 

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

12 hours ago, JayAreOhh924 said:

Any other LPGA or Champions Tour players using Autoflex? I would think it’ll fit them better than a PGA Tour player.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

10 hours ago, 95124hacker said:

Any other LPGA or Champions Tour players using Autoflex? I would think it’ll fit them better than a PGA Tour player.

I admittedly havent paid much attention to LPGA, but I've voluenteered on the Symetra Tour recently and did NOT see any in play there. FWIW, youre 100% right though, it likely would benefit them more than PGA. 

Driver: Sim2 8* // Ventus Blue Velocore

FW: Sim 3 // Oban Devotion 

H: Sim 3/4  // Oban Devotion 

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 HMP // KBS Tour V

Wedges: Vokey 54M/58D

Putter: Spider X // SuperStroke 3

Ball: 2019 TP5x

11 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I tried a lighter option UST Quantum Purple 4F5 that’s an x flex and in the 50g weight.  It was a good shaft and much stiffer than the AF (like the 1K and Ventus Black) bu I went longer and the dispersion wasn’t as tight.  I only tried it twice so maybe I just didn’t give it enough time.

I played today with my AF505XX in my Callaway Epic Max LS.  Was a beast.  I actually added a heavier back weight as mine was only a 12g in the back and the total head weight was 192g.  With the heavier weight I was at 194g and had several long drives and dead straight.  Still testing as I just got a Mizuno ST Z but it comes in at 198g.  Also got a TSi3 and TSi4 to test on the AF, 1K and Ventus Black.  I hit the TSi4 on the range yesterday with the AF and it worked well.  Couldn’t tell the distance as I didn’t bring the Mevo to the range and the balls were really beat up.  Hoping the club swaps them out soon as it’s difficult to find any that I can use for the driver.  I try and find the best ones for the driver and hit the beat up ones with my irons.  Only found 10 out of a large bucket yesterday.  It was like finding gold they are so rare.  LOL 

so I’m thinking from the description, this shaft might be a similar bend profile to the AF:

https://www.golfworks.com/aerotech-alt-470-graphite-wood-shaft/p/at0021/

I mean, at $35 it’s not a real big financial investment to throw a tip on and see what happens.  I just don’t have an AF to compare it with, that’s why I was curious if anyone who has access to both might have tried something like that.  

Edited by clinkinfo

13 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

so I’m thinking from the description, this shaft might be a similar bend profile to the AF:

https://www.golfworks.com/aerotech-alt-470-graphite-wood-shaft/p/at0021/

I mean, at $35 it’s not a real big financial investment to throw a tip on and see what happens.  I just don’t have an AF to compare it with, that’s why I was curious if anyone who has access to both might have tried something like that.  

Give it a go and let us know how it goes.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

20 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Give it a go and let us know how it goes.  

I'm trying but it turns out that shaft is actually out of stock everywhere.  I think I may have just been able to buy it on Amazon, so hopefully no order cancelation email is coming like eBay and golfworks

I also don't have an AF to compare, but I can guestimate I suppose 

Edited by clinkinfo