Jump to content

KHT Autoflex shaft


chocolate_rehab

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, clinkinfo said:


 

that’s fine that you don’t trust monitors, but younger, better players generally do.  LM numbers are not “the end all be all” but both these players are very confident with translations from monitors to course.  So I don’t know what it is you want to see?  Based on past time with these guys, the course flight will match what we are seeing on the LM.

 

they just don’t like it and don’t think it’s worth the couple mph gain for when those transitions get fast under pressure.  If they loved it we’d move on course, but….they don’t.

 

But this was never about fitting them.  I just wanted to see if “autoflex” is nothing more than a whippy LL flex shaft with a huge price tag (like the flex test earlier in the thread might have been implying).  I still don’t know because I don’t have an AF and this is only 2 people, but I was surprised to see similar results with the LL.  I really thought it wouldn’t work at all.  I’m simply curious if the question isn’t are “autoflex” shafts stable in swing, perhaps the better question is are ALL shafts really stable in swing?  There are some other YouTube video tests on flex and weight that would support the later idea that all of them are stable in swing. 
 

but again, I have no idea.  I’m just fooling around with a light, flexible shaft to see what happens.  

I tried a aldila NVS (maybe 45g) ladies side by side with my autoflex at the beginning of my AF testing. Speed gains were there but had severe two way miss and spin was comical. Once I got my AF really dialed in I tried again and still saw the same. Lucky for me my wife was happy to take it off my hands and loves it! Full disclosure I'm not a + handicap and could probably pull out a two way miss with any shaft.

AF has been as straight as any for me, a little higher spin than some others I've hit but long enough to not care about spin. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

I tried a aldila NVS (maybe 45g) ladies side by side with my autoflex at the beginning of my AF testing. Speed gains were there but had severe two way miss and spin was comical. Once I got my AF really dialed in I tried again and still saw the same. Lucky for me my wife was happy to take it off my hands and loves it! Full disclosure I'm not a + handicap and could probably pull out a two way miss with any shaft.

AF has been as straight as any for me, a little higher spin than some others I've hit but long enough to not care about spin. 

Did you put as much effort into dealing in the NVS as the Autoflex?

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

Did you put as much effort into dealing in the NVS as the Autoflex?

Not even close!!!!! Lol but even the first day with the autoflex the spin was pretty normal. The nvs was so far off that it seemed like too high of a mountain to climb. I probably hit 150 balls over a weeks time on simulator and couldn't get the spin down. 

I really wanted it to work at that point so I could sell the AF and buy 2 more heads! Unfortunately I gave up kept the autoflex and still bought the heads.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lasorcier said:

 

 

Like a true WRX'er!

Love it.  He gets to keep his WRX card.  😂

Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS 10*- AutoFlex SF505XX shaft/TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black 5X

TM Sim2 Rocket- AutoFlex SF505X
TM Sim2 5 wood- Ventus Red 7X or depending on course and conditions 
4i Epic Forged iron Ventus Black 9TX
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-PW PXG Gen3 MMT 105TX (5 and 6 Players, 7-PW MMT 105TX)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 50*, 55* 
TM MG3 60* LW
Lab 2.1 , Stability Tour shaft,  35inch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, M44km44k said:

Not even close!!!!! Lol but even the first day with the autoflex the spin was pretty normal. The nvs was so far off that it seemed like too high of a mountain to climb. I probably hit 150 balls over a weeks time on simulator and couldn't get the spin down. 

I really wanted it to work at that point so I could sell the AF and buy 2 more heads! Unfortunately I gave up kept the autoflex and still bought the heads.

But I think what's interesting is, most YouTube reviewers have been showing that the shaft itself does NOT affect spin at all.  It changes the location on the face that we impact.  So with the NV shaft you were probably catching the bottom of the club face and that's why you had those spin numbers.  There does seem to be some truth in that concept with the testing I've seen and done myself.  So if you didn't spend as much time with the NV figuring out how to find the right impact location with ball position and tee height, I'm not sure if it's showing much.  

 

The other odd part of autoflex, why hasn't someone just published the bend profile? It's seems suspicious since pretty much any aftermarket shaft profile is easy to find.  It would certainly be easier to understand 

 

Edited by clinkinfo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

But I think what's interesting is, most YouTube reviewers have been showing that the shaft itself does NOT affect spin at all.  It changes the location on the face that we impact.  So with the NV shaft you were probably catching the bottom of the club face and that's why you had those spin numbers.  There does seem to be some truth in that concept with the testing I've seen and done myself.  So if you didn't spend as much time with the NV figuring out how to find the right impact location with ball position and tee height, I'm not sure if it's showing much.  

 

The other odd part of autoflex, why hasn't someone just published the bend profile? It's seems suspicious since pretty much any aftermarket shaft profile is easy to find.  It would certainly be easier to understand 

 

I've seen the bend profile online. I can't remember where, but the info is out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

But I think what's interesting is, most YouTube reviewers have been showing that the shaft itself does NOT affect spin at all.  It changes the location on the face that we impact.  So with the NV shaft you were probably catching the bottom of the club face and that's why you had those spin numbers.  There does seem to be some truth in that concept with the testing I've seen and done myself.  So if you didn't spend as much time with the NV figuring out how to find the right impact location with ball position and tee height, I'm not sure if it's showing much.  

 

The other odd part of autoflex, why hasn't someone just published the bend profile? It's seems suspicious since pretty much any aftermarket shaft profile is easy to find.  It would certainly be easier to understand 

Guess I'm not sure what the definition of enough time is. And also I don't spend much time watching YouTube. But I definitely use impact tape and I don't start paying attention to results until I'm comfortable finding center.  I do spend a lot of time and far too much money testing everything under the sun and if I can't make it work with 150 controlled swings it starts to feel like a square peg round hole situation. Maybe I'm the wrong tester for the results you are looking for? Also maybe a better cheap LFlex shaft would have been different? But again I'm not a great golfer so who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

Guess I'm not sure what the definition of enough time is. And also I don't spend much time watching YouTube. But I definitely use impact tape and I don't start paying attention to results until I'm comfortable finding center.  I do spend a lot of time and far too much money testing everything under the sun and if I can't make it work with 150 controlled swings it starts to feel like a square peg round hole situation. Maybe I'm the wrong tester for the results you are looking for? Also maybe a better cheap LFlex shaft would have been different? But again I'm not a great golfer so who knows.

 

I wasn't trying to be flippant or anything, hope it didn't seem like that. Obviously, you can test however you want, totally cool.  It's just like I said, most technical shaft reviews are trying to show that increases in spin are not coming from the flexibility of the shaft, rather the change in impact location on the face.  So as a tester the question simply is do you change setup to adjust for it, or conclude it doesn't work.  It seems like with the autoflex many more people are willing to spend time and adjust to the shaft (probably because it's a big $ purchase), than might be willing to adjust to an LL cheapo shaft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, oo1oo said:

Bought 3 Autoflex shafts and 2 heads 
505x w/cally tip

505x w/tm tip

505xx w/all fit tip. 
Sim2 head

Epic speed LS 
 

Went with the 505x with sim2 Head (original weight).  
 

I’m not trying buy some cheapo ladies shaft even if it’s almost the same thing. I think it’s annoying people are trying to justify that a ladies flex is almost the same. Then be the guy explaining to every playing partner why this is the same blah blah as AF without them even asking about it in the first place. 

 

Might as well start buying fake taylormade clubs from China cause it’s almost the same thing.  Or better yet, go buy all used clubs from 5yrs ago.  (Same results)
 

In the end, it’s not the same thing cause it’s a cheap ladies shaft and not the Autoflex. 


What are we doing here fellas.  Let’s get back to set ups and gains with our AF shafts! 


Will be adding the 505x fairway shaft soon. Will report back with gains. 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, I'm not a blind fanboi of any brand or product. Something isn't good because it's expensive.  It should be expensive BECAUSE it's good first.  If something works, great, if it doesn't that's cool too.  Like many people though, I want to KNOW what the autoflex shaft that's $750 actually is. And if it's a ladies flex shaft with a 20x markup, I'll make a purchase decision accordingly.  

 

The logic your proposing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But more power to you for the blind love. Wish I could share that same blind enthusiasm.  But after many many years playing this game, you watch trends and hype come and go, and the next hammer driver is always trying to make it around the corner.  I have no clue if autoflex is the next hammer or the GOAT.

 

 

Edited by clinkinfo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

 

Sorry, I'm not a blind fanboi of any brand or product. Something isn't good because it's expensive.  It should be expensive BECAUSE it's good first.  If something works, great, if it doesn't that's cool too.  Like many people though, I want to KNOW what the autoflex shaft that's $750 actually is. And if it's a ladies flex shaft with a 20x markup, I'll make a purchase decision accordingly.  

 

The logic your proposing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But more power to you for the blind love. Wish I could share that same blind enthusiasm.  But after many many years playing this game, you watch trends and hype come and go, and the next hammer driver is always trying to make it around the corner.  I have no clue if autoflex is the next hammer or the GOAT.

 

 

We’ll refer to it as the poverty Autoflex from now on.
 

I’m done being nice about it and turning my head the other way every time I see someone compare it to a ladies flex shaft. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 8602081 said:

I have a feeling that fake autoflex will be popping up soon..

 

Popularity is increasing.. Too easy to sell fakes and make MAD profit..

 

 

I think you are 100% correct.  I’d expect them to hit any moment on AliExpress, and wish, and all those China direct websites.  Hopefully they are thinking about that and putting on some kind of authentication stuff.

Edited by clinkinfo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, jgard320 said:

If you’re looking for an autoflex feel in an iron shaft, I think the Fujikura MCI practice fits the bill. I put the 70g .370 shaft in my eq1-nx 5 iron and I’m crushing it. It might only have viability for single length set ups, but I honestly think I could game it pretty easily. 
 

@Fujikura Golf do you have any insight into the viability of gaming the practice shaft? Seems to me like it’s accomplishing what the autoflex does in woods better than autoflex can in irons. 

 

We have not built a full set and tried them on the course, so we can't say for sure...but it seems viable from our time with them.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

 

We have not built a full set and tried them on the course, so we can't say for sure...but it seems viable from our time with them.


So far it has given me height back in my lower lofted single length clubs. I’ve had swing speeds from 80-120 on the driver test it out and they all can elevate the 4 hybrid (20*) and 5 irons (24*) as well as any other club in the set. Everywhere from single digits to 25 hc players seem to like the feel and performance. I had a 75 year old senior player take my 5 iron and stick the green 160 yards out when his 6 hybrid came in short, low, and rolled all the way off the back. 
 

I think you might have a real competitor to the autoflex and can really capitalize on the craze. I’m going to be finishing up the rest of my set with them this week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have autoflex 405, 505x shafts. Have tried Maverick Max with weight kit but didn't see a difference and didn't like the feel of weight changes. Anyone try Epic Max and has anyone changed movable weight in the back from 16 to the LS 12 grams and would it make a difference? Have also seen references to 3 woods. Any ongoing thoughts on this and is tipping recommended? thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, timmy8151 said:

I’m gaming a G425 Max driver. From what I’ve read due to the weight of the 425 max head it may not be a good fit for the autoflex.

 

Anyone gaming a 425 max have good luck with the AF? Swingspeed is about 95 mph and looking at a 505 

Just buy a lighter backweight.  The standard G425 Max backweight is 27 gms.  Depending on what your playing length is, something like a 15 gm. weight should get you to the swing weight you are looking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sf405 and Pxg Gen 4 0811X at 9 degree. I recently try to swing as smoothly as I can and the thing hits very straight and long. 
 

I’m still experimenting but it seems the Proto still carries a lil bit more than the Gen4 even tho the Gen4 is lighter (supposed to result in higher swing speed). Will adjust my swing for optimal performance

39E4CC71-592F-49EE-AEF1-CA962FED1AF6.png

Edited by NghiaSS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a couple of rounds with the Autoflex, i think i figured it out. Smooth, low effort swing with the Autoflex goes as far or farther than higher effort swing with a regular shaft. I am hitting a low/mid trajectory baby draw with the Autoflex and Epic Max LS 10.5. Its pretty awesome, some guys i play with commented that they didn't know i had a draw in my game (i never did before). I'm used to hitting fades with too much spin. I am not quite sure yet while my draw is low/mid launching, but it works well and its not like i am hitting worm burners. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pleasedwith3putts said:

Having now tried every new driver out this year, AF is my only hope to make some gains!

 

Interested to hear from anyone around the 105 ss, I'm guessing the answer will be that if you have a smooth transition the 505 is OK but go 505x if a bit more aggressive?

 

Tricky finding somewhere local to try these

I am generally under 105 SS, more around 100, i play the 505x with a smooth transition. Hitting a nice draw.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
      • 100 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...