KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

So I'm still waiting on my TM adapter and epoxy I ordered on 11/21.

It's on a USPS extended journey of 9 days.

Started in PA and went to Springfield, MA, then to Providence, RI, then to Stamford, CT where it's enjoying a few days there.

I'm in MA right on the border of RI.

Me and my Autoflex SF505X just hanging out in my living room playing the waiting game.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

https://www.sixshop.com/autoflex/home

Try this.

I got a firewall error on my desktop but on my phone it went right to it.

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

Well I started getting a few more folks that wanted an AutoFlex.  So if I get just a couple more people interested I can do another bulk order.  Let me know if anyone wants one.  Any flex and you can pick between the 2 colors.  

god I need to get healthy as all this golf talk is driving me crazy.  

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

11 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Well I started getting a few more folks that wanted an AutoFlex.  So if I get just a couple more people interested I can do another bulk order.  Let me know if anyone wants one.  Any flex and you can pick between the 2 colors.  

god I need to get healthy as all this golf talk is driving me crazy.  

I’d say do it if folks are interested and have the funds. My2Dogs got me my SF505 quickly as possible with going through customs and USPS. 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, My2Dogs said:

Good luck and and hopefully they do.  I’m buying a 3 wood and also thinking of another driver shaft to put into a Sim.  Currently they are hot.  Saw 5 come up on eBay ranging from $875 to $1000 and none last more than a day.

I was able to get a little discount because I got a few of us together for a bulk order I’m placing tonight. 

3 hours ago, gsrjc said:

I’d say do it if folks are interested and have the funds. My2Dogs got me my SF505 quickly as possible with going through customs and USPS. 

I continue to stock this thread and watching for confirmation that the autoflex delivers guaranteed significant improvement from people’s current gamers. Hope it does! 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

19 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

I continue to stock this thread and watching for confirmation that the autoflex delivers guaranteed significant improvement from people’s current gamers. Hope it does! 

I hope to get some testing soon when the holidays come around. I’ll make sure to post data using Trackman 4 and comparison with my current gamer.  Callaway epic flash SZ with a nemesys shaft. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, 1s1k said:

So I'm still waiting on my TM adapter and epoxy I ordered on 11/21.

It's on a USPS extended journey of 9 days.

Started in PA and went to Springfield, MA, then to Providence, RI, then to Stamford, CT where it's enjoying a few days there.

I'm in MA right on the border of RI.

Me and my Autoflex SF505X just hanging out in my living room playing the waiting game.

Hmmmm. We are neighbors!

In Mass also but other end of state.  Found a brand new 505 on Ebay for a grand and jumped on it.  It cost me a little more but time is running out in the northeast and I had a decent PayPal balance so I just pulled the trigger.  Will have it next week and right into a PXG Proto.  Pretty sure I can get head down to mid 180 grams so finding swing weight with this head will be a breeze.  If this thing works. All the shaft stock is going. TPT's Graphite designs Veylix etc.  The 1k is crazy but seeing as I have 1500-2000 worth of shafts just sitting here its on par for my addiction.  lol. I race cars also so when you race cars you lose all sense of the value of a dollar.  Will post reviews when I get it to the range. I'm a 0 hcp 52 year old guy smooth swinger solid ball striker usually 1.48 -1.52 smash factor with driver but at 95mph corse speed need some help to keep up with the kids I'm playing with..  Updates soon......

• Like 1

Anyone have a 505 that they might want to sell me?  I want to get this try.  First Pro Orange v2 (which was great), now Nemesys (also great), I have just have to try this. 

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

Some good news on pricing point of AutoFlex shafts from the Korean manufacturer. As they have begun to partner with local distributors (mostly in Southeast Asia currently), Dumina Co. says it will fix the cost of the driver shafts to just under $800 so as not to be affected by fluctuating exchange rates. This should help a little bit since the dollar has been declining against the Korean won (retails 950,000 Won in Korea, which is now over $865 at today's exchange). It'll probably be announced sometime next week.

I have one in route and will get as many numbers as people want on the GCQuad.  I have a G410LST head and a SIM head to test it in.  I am a 4.1 index with good club head speed, but the tee ball has been what holds me back (inconsistency).  I will bomb one 300+ and depending on the day, block one right or pull hook one.  I think this profile is something that this community has been looking to get some info on.  Hopefully next week!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Frakes said:

I have one in route and will get as many numbers as people want on the GCQuad.  I have a G410LST head and a SIM head to test it in.  I am a 4.1 index with good club head speed, but the tee ball has been what holds me back (inconsistency).  I will bomb one 300+ and depending on the day, block one right or pull hook one.  I think this profile is something that this community has been looking to get some info on.  Hopefully next week!

Let me know how it works with the LST - that is what I have, and it is a heavier head (but I also have a full weight kit).

For the board -- if I am at the high end of 505 and low end of 505X but my miss is an overdraw, pull - seems like 505X is the right option, plus Iike to use heavier heads.  Thoughts?

Do yo have to play at 45.5"?  I like my driver at 45", otherwise it feels weird. 

Where are you at in the swing speed range?  I can suffer from the same miss, but that to me is more of a path/face angle than a shaft specifically.  Because I bought a GCQuad for my simulator, I have learned a few things by having access to too much data :).

I have the 505x coming.  I usually play ~75g X shafts in my drivers so this may be interesting.  With the GCQuad I have been able to see that I actually get better ball speeds when I don't "try so hard".  

Edited by Frakes

4 hours ago, Frakes said:

Where are you at in the swing speed range?  I can suffer from the same miss, but that to me is more of a path/face angle than a shaft specifically.  Because I bought a GCQuad for my simulator, I have learned a few things by having access to too much data :).

I have the 505x coming.  I usually play ~75g X shafts in my drivers so this may be interesting.  With the GCQuad I have been able to see that I actually get better ball speeds when I don't "try so hard".  

I have a GCQ as well.  My pull-hook is a path issue, but I tend to have a light in-out path, but often over close the face and overdraw the drive (but can block right as well).  I have been speed training all year (COVID times) and have my speed in the 105 area, and can touch 107-110 on occasion.  I continue to train so I hope to continue to increase speed - 110 avg by next spring is my goal.  I have always used 60-ish gram S and X shafts.  I like counterbalanced shafts presently (have a Pro Orange 60TX in my Ping 410 LST and a Nemesys 65 Four tipped 1" in a Cobra SZ with tour weights).  The heads on my drivers are heavy (204g for the Ping, and 206 for the SZ).   Clubs are 45" and I get them to swingweight to D2 and D3.  I have weight kits for both and can add/drop the weights.

• Like 2

Hi guys, I found this video on YouTube.  Guys swings around 95-100mph so more in line with regular folks and not Matt from TXG who swings 125mph.

anyway it has subtitles and he goes through the fitting and then finds the correct weight for him.  Pretty interesting.

• Haha 1

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

So here are my 2 driver set ups.  Just got the shafts back after having them cut down, sleeve and grip added and swing weight measured.  Both playing at 45.75.  Swing weight is right on D1.5.  One is a tour issued Sim that I just got that is 9.8 loft and 1.2 open.  Head weight was 193g.

Mavrik 9* is just one I bought off someone here as my custom Mavrik has hot melt so no way to get the weight down enough.  Want to get a SZ as well to test  with the AutoFlex.  Mavrik is 194g but could take off a couple of grams by removing the 5g in the back to a 2g if I wanted 

Im just itching to hit some balls but I can’t yet with my recovery from surgeries I just had.  Once I can, I’ll take my Mevo out and compare vs my Custom Mavrik with Ventus Black 6X.  

DA2CA90C-02BD-4185-AF75-574C2440D9CA.jpeg

D6066D66-CB54-47A5-BBC0-BD548A30A977.jpeg

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 3

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Also I have a 3 wood I had set up for the AutoFlex.  Sim rocket 14* and had the AutoFlex SF505X cut down to play at 43.  The guy had to add lead tape under the grip to get the swing weight to a D2.  Actually doesn’t feel as whippy as the driver.  Could be because it’s a little shorter or because it’s a little heavier SW from the driver.

again as soon as I can swing without much pain I’ll test it vs Ventus Blue 7X, Red 7X and Black 7X- all with the same Sim rocket head.  I even have a Tensei Pro White 70TX for the 3 wood as well I can test. 

010365A3-9227-46DD-AFC7-E079CDCAB2DB.jpeg

FE4DCDA1-8013-4929-BAC1-D4EDB71F01EB.jpeg

• Like 2

PXG Hybrid stand bag

16 hours ago, Qwiklap said:

I have a GCQ as well.  My pull-hook is a path issue, but I tend to have a light in-out path, but often over close the face and overdraw the drive (but can block right as well).  I have been speed training all year (COVID times) and have my speed in the 105 area, and can touch 107-110 on occasion.  I continue to train so I hope to continue to increase speed - 110 avg by next spring is my goal.  I have always used 60-ish gram S and X shafts.  I like counterbalanced shafts presently (have a Pro Orange 60TX in my Ping 410 LST and a Nemesys 65 Four tipped 1" in a Cobra SZ with tour weights).  The heads on my drivers are heavy (204g for the Ping, and 206 for the SZ).   Clubs are 45" and I get them to swingweight to D2 and D3.  I have weight kits for both and can add/drop the weights.

we may be long lost golf twins. This should be fun

23 hours ago, Qwiklap said:

I am very similar to you as well. I'll offer up some info that led me into ordering a 505x even though I am more in the 108 range currently. First I have a harsh transition and I load most shafts pretty hard, that alone pushed me over the edge. Second, I have gained some club head speed back recently and plan to keep working at it so getting to 110+ should be doable. I was there a year a go. I currently play 65-70g X gram shafts (more on those when I get the shaft and do my review) but have played a 52g shaft previously and swung it 3mph faster just from the difference in weight. I think most people see at least 3mph faster CHS with the weight/extra kick from auto flex. As far as length goes I think they say longer is better but people have played it normal length and still saw results. I'm 6'2" and play 46" already without issues, I'm going to start at 46.5" (uncut) and dial it back if needed. If you end up playing at 45.5" or 45" you'll be cutting a few grams off so a 51g 505 will be under 50g.

Edited by enfuego

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

Ok - A few questions for all of the guys gaming the Autoflex.  I haven't purchased a new driver in five years and I'm gaming the G30 with the tour 65 stiff shaft.  I've been hitting the driver so well that I haven't really felt the need to upgrade it but it's time.  My SS is generally between 103-107 mph.  I'm a 6 HCP with four kids who practices more than he plays.   I'm going to get the Autoflex, so here are my questions:

1) SF505 or SF505X.  I'm thinking the SF505.  Although, I think I will pick up 3 mph with a lighter longer shaft, so maybe I should consider the X, per Enfuego's post? 

2) It seems like the TM Sim, Callaway Mav, and TSi2 would be the best matches based on the head weight.  Do you think Ping 425 is an option?  

3) I think I'm playing D4 swing weight, how is the transition to playing such as 1-2 swing weight?

4) I'm thinking 46 inch and I can always choke down an inch.  Thoughts?

5) I'm assuming a counter weight to keep the shaft at the recommended swing weight, but I assume this will be similar because I think the tour65 is CB.  

Thanks!

Edited by X-Factor

1 hour ago, X-Factor said:

Ok - A few questions for all of the guys gaming the Autoflex.  I haven't purchased a new driver in five years and I'm gaming the G30 with the tour 65 stiff shaft.  I've been hitting the driver so well that I haven't really felt the need to upgrade it but it's time.  My SS is generally between 103-107 mph.  I'm a 6 HCP with four kids who practices more than he plays.   I'm going to get the Autoflex, so here are my questions:

1) SF505 or SF505X.  I'm thinking the SF505.  Although, I think I will pick up 3 mph with a lighter longer shaft, so maybe I should consider the X, per Enfuego's post? 

2) It seems like the TM Sim, Callaway Mav, and TSi2 would be the best matches based on the head weight.  Do you think Ping 425 is an option?  

3) I think I'm playing D4 swing weight, how is the transition to playing such as 1-2 swing weight?

4) I'm thinking 46 inch and I can always choke down an inch.  Thoughts?

5) I'm assuming a counter weight to keep the shaft at the recommended swing weight, but I assume this will be similar because I think the tour65 is CB.  

Thanks!

Sent you a PM.  I’ve done all the stuff you talked about.  My previous driver was D4 with a Ventus Black 6X playing at 45.5 but I choke down 1/2 inch.  Don’t like to hold the club at the very end for some reason. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

53029D96-12C9-483D-96B7-096E64025FA6.jpeg.ea0593839941e88d05244414cc18b0e3.jpeg

Autoflex 2.0 for me is built.  So I could handle the ribbing from friends about the pink on the original version...can’t wait to hear what I get for this one.  But hell, it’s 2020...rainbows for everyone !

• Like 3

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

DAM this board. I am 62 and in great physical shape. My Driver SS averages around 95 and I have a quick transition. Been playing the Sim Max 10.5* lofted down to a 9*, standard length. Average drive is probably 250 and pretty much play a slight fade, HCP stays around 6.

So based on that information what would you recommend.

Thanks in advance.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag