KHT Autoflex shaft

What’s your average carry and what’s your transition like?  Smooth, aggressive?  

Mavrik  8.8* Single Diamond - AutoFlex SF505XX shaft 

TM Sim2 Rocket- AutoFlex SF505X
Callaway Super Hybrid- Ventus Black 9TX or depending on course and conditions 
3i Honma MMT 105TX
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-PW PXG Gen3 MMT 105TX (5 and 6 Players, 7-PW MMT 105TX)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 52*,56*
Vokey SM8 60* LW
Callaway Exo 7S Stability Tour Shaft, 35inch
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in a golf community with about 40 golfers, and 10 of us ordered the Autoflex which arrived 2 weeks ago. I thought it would be important to share our experience with this shaft, and more importantl

It means that I'm on ebay right now looking for a reasonable deal on some used ladies flex shafts to compare.  

I normally never chime in on posts like this, and I'll be the first one to admit I thought these were overhyped, over priced, and just bogus.  Im 52, and for the most part learned my lesson last year

Posted Images

22 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

What’s your average carry and what’s your transition like?  Smooth, aggressive?  

First off wanted to say thanks for the PM and the info provided. As bad as I hate to do it I think I am going to hold out on one of these for now. After reading everything I possibly could on these, and watching the TXG Videos. It seems like ALL the stars have to align ( shaft length, head weight, swingweight, loft, etc. ) perfectly to get the optimum results. Not uncommon by any means for a shaft but buying a $800 shaft blind is another issue altogether.

May change my mind later but for now being sensible.

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim 2 - 9* | 🔥🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥🔥
3 WD -        Taylor Made Sim Max 14* | Ventus Red Regular 
HYBRIDS-   PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 3 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX XL ULTRALIGHT grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   PXG ☠️One and Done☠️w/JUMBOMAX 17" FLAT
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -       Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

13 hours ago, TBD203 said:

I went with the 505, but I'm slightly tempted to try and get a trade for a 505x. I really like it when I am swinging smoothly, but sometimes my transition becomes a little aggressive and I have trouble squaring it up.

Couple of things to try.  Either go a little past your normal takeaway to give it more time to catch up on the lag or choke down 1/2 inch.  See if either of those work before swapping.  

3i Honma MMT 105TX
Vokey SM8 60* LW

Here is the information on the 505x shaft:

Weight - 54.3g

Raw Length - 45"

Balance Point - 21" down from the butt so this is a butt heavy shaft

41" beam length frequency with 205g tip weight - 207cpm

Bend Profile measurements - 146/163/182/212/265/368/647

Notes: When bend profile was measured at 0* and 180* orientations, all measurements were the same or within 1 degree, which speaks to the quality of the shaft. 

With that said, this is a shaft that, by bend profile, should only be a fit for a sub 70 mph swing speed golfer. Here is a graphic of the best comparisons by profile. 

BC20E766-60A1-4780-B4CF-1A10551A3EF2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, MysteryV said:

It means that I'm on ebay right now looking for a reasonable deal on some used ladies flex shafts to compare.  

You better have head gear on for safety when that 40g fishing rod comes flying back when it breaks. 😂

• Haha 3

3i Honma MMT 105TX
Vokey SM8 60* LW
On 10/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, grm24 said:

Agree. However not so long ago Matrix had no problem getting people to pay $1200 or more for their TPHDe line of shafts. 

That's because a certain big cat played one for a short time. Right now their closest competition in price is prob TPT. I'll wait until the early adapters in this community ditch theirs. I love pink and am Korean so I feel like I gotta eventually get my hands on one. 

7 minutes ago, Benkross said:

That's because a certain big cat played one for a short time. Right now their closest competition in price is prob TPT. I'll wait until the early adapters in this community ditch theirs. I love pink and am Korean so I feel like I gotta eventually get my hands on one. 

Matrix was selling $1000 shafts well before the version that made it in Tiger’s bag. 

WITB Thread

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 7x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-9 / DG X7

SM8 46 / DG X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / DG TI X1

Squareback 2 - One and Done - ER5

4 hours ago, gsrjc said:

What does this all mean to us generic folks that don’t know bend profiles?

it means that the 505x is soft butt, extremely soft mid, and soft tip. Basically a ladies flex shaft in the butt and tip and even softer than that in the mid. The Miyazaki C Kua 39A is probably the closest by profile but will come in way lighter. If you want a cheap comparison by weight, try the Aldila NVS in a light ladies flex. Interestingly enough, I hit a Lexi blue cobra 11 wood (27*) with a 55 nvs in it for fun. It was longer than my 5 iron/hybrid, but so hard to time that I’d either crush it, top it, or hook it off the planet.

Guess I'm getting old and cranky. I'd want a written money back guarantee I'd gain 50 yards off the tee before I'd lay out that kind of cash for a golf shaft.

• Haha 1

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Ping Anser 20* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5's  5-PW

Ping Glide 3.0  50*
Ping Glide
 54 & 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

12 hours ago, jgard320 said:

Let me also add, this kind of supports the notion that there may be something to the material being used. I highly highly highly doubt any of the comparable shafts will perform anything like the autoflex. In fact, I’m sure some of them would break, whereas the autoflex 505x can for sure hold up to 130 mph swings. 

Awesome info! You do the thread justice by showing actual numbers that prove Autoflex is no joke. KHT must certainly be something crazy to be so whippy and soft, yet enable the club head to square up on impact. The torque must be near zero?!

9 minutes ago, KoreanGolfer said:

Awesome info! You do the thread justice by showing actual numbers that prove Autoflex is no joke. KHT must certainly be something crazy to be so whippy and soft, yet enable the club head to square up on impact. The torque must be near zero?!

Hmm, considers user name and post count...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
22 minutes ago, KoreanGolfer said:

Not sure about torque near zero, but I do know it’s consistently the same measurements no matter how you orient it. That speaks to the quality in manufacturing.

That said, and to be fair, I did get rid of mine. I couldn’t ever get it just right and I didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole of trying a million different set ups to make it work when I know I have a gamer dialed in properly. Not to say it won’t work for someone, but the shaft wasn’t for me. Definitely would say someone with a smooth tempo would benefit most, and it certainly needs to come down in price to be worth it for the masses. 

• Like 2

I noticed that Matt from TXG was hitting the xx. My swing speeds fall in his range with a 45" driver (115 is out ot the gate, and after you give me more swings it will move up to 122 or so). I see their website says to get the x, but I know the XX exists. I'm planning to use this to play around with a longer driver. That means that likely club head speed would be higher. My swing is shorter and would be closer to Finau or Rahm. I typically hit 2-3 up on it.

1 hour ago, jgard320 said:

Not sure about torque near zero, but I do know it’s consistently the same measurements no matter how you orient it. That speaks to the quality in manufacturing.

That said, and to be fair, I did get rid of mine. I couldn’t ever get it just right and I didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole of trying a million different set ups to make it work when I know I have a gamer dialed in properly. Not to say it won’t work for someone, but the shaft wasn’t for me. Definitely would say someone with a smooth tempo would benefit most, and it certainly needs to come down in price to be worth it for the masses. 

I want to buy one so bad but you hit the nail on the head. From what I have read it is a great shaft and works as advertised if you have the PERFECT set up. There is no wiggle room with any of the variables.

• Confused 1

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim 2 - 9* | 🔥🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥🔥
3 WD -        Taylor Made Sim Max 14* | Ventus Red Regular 
HYBRIDS-   PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 3 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX XL ULTRALIGHT grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   PXG ☠️One and Done☠️w/JUMBOMAX 17" FLAT
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -       Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

9 minutes ago, -MG- said:

I noticed that Matt from TXG was hitting the xx. My swing speeds fall in his range with a 45" driver (115 is out ot the gate, and after you give me more swings it will move up to 122 or so). I see their website says to get the x, but I know the XX exists. I'm planning to use this to play around with a longer driver. That means that likely club head speed would be higher. My swing is shorter and would be closer to Finau or Rahm. I typically hit 2-3 up on it.

Here is a Korean LD champ that posted a video on this.  He hits the 405 at 110+ but then keeps going and also stiffer in shafts until he’s 125+ and then hits the XX.

3i Honma MMT 105TX
Vokey SM8 60* LW
4 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

I want to buy one so bad but you hit the nail on the head. From what I have read it is a great shaft and works as advertised if you have the PERFECT set up. There is no wiggle room with any of the variables.

Each golfer is unique, so dialing in a driver to optimize performance is key. Especially if you've spent the $$$ to get this shaft. Swing weight between D1~D2 is recommended, but that's pretty much the extent of what the OEM suggests. Next is finding out what setting works best for an individual's swing style, be it weight forward or back, tee up or down. But yeah, it works awesome at least for me and all my woods.

TXG is up right now with Matt using the new Cobra RAD with the AutoFlex.  Either it works like crazy or they are just doing it for views or both.  He gets good numbers from the other drivers so it will be interesting.  

3i Honma MMT 105TX
Vokey SM8 60* LW

Just keep in mind that TXG videos are selectively edited for clicks and viewership. What you aren't seeing are the tons of swings that go into dialing it in to produce numbers, and Matt has a very smooth tempo and can handle a club at 46+ inches with relative ease. The 115+ guys with aggressive tempos are going to have trouble with this shaft at that length. Not saying it doesn't perform....I've seen first hand that it does and can perform at all club head speeds. But really consider if you have the means to chase down the unicorn combo for you to set it up.

36 minutes ago, jgard320 said:

Just keep in mind that TXG videos are selectively edited for clicks and viewership. What you aren't seeing are the tons of swings that go into dialing it in to produce numbers, and Matt has a very smooth tempo and can handle a club at 46+ inches with relative ease. The 115+ guys with aggressive tempos are going to have trouble with this shaft at that length. Not saying it doesn't perform....I've seen first hand that it does and can perform at all club head speeds. But really consider if you have the means to chase down the unicorn combo for you to set it up.

Actually this one was live and he had a ton of bad shots.  This was all about speed.  Ball and swing speed.  He was trying everything possible to get above 190ball speed and then over 130mph swing speed.  Then getting over 380 total yards and finally over 390.  Lots of hard draws and even topped shots.  However the shaft and Cobra driver were hitting some massive shots,  many over 350 carry.  He said those were new record highs for his swing speed, ball speed and distance.  

• Like 1

3i Honma MMT 105TX
Vokey SM8 60* LW
22 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Actually this one was live and he had a ton of bad shots.  This was all about speed.  Ball and swing speed.  He was trying everything possible to get above 190ball speed and then over 130mph swing speed.  Then getting over 380 total yards and finally over 390.  Lots of hard draws and even topped shots.  However the shaft and Cobra driver were hitting some massive shots,  many over 350 carry.  He said those were new record highs for his swing speed, ball speed and distance.  

Guess I should have actually took the time to watch it before speaking.

22 minutes ago, jgard320 said:

Guess I should have actually took the time to watch it before speaking.

It was crazy as I’ve never seen Matt go after shots like this before.  He had some that were basically topped and only carried 250-260 but then rolled through bunkers because they were so hot (1400 spin on 129-130mph swing).  Nuts.  He said he never really centered one but still was hitting these high draws or even big pulls that one carried 360 but into the rough so no roll.  

they said next time they want to 195mph ball speed and 400 total distance.  

3i Honma MMT 105TX
Vokey SM8 60* LW
8 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

TXG is up right now with Matt using the new Cobra RAD with the AutoFlex.  Either it works like crazy or they are just doing it for views or both.  He gets good numbers from the other drivers so it will be interesting.  

If you ever scroll through the comments on the videos, the people who post want to see the Autoflex in everything. So they’re just doing the right thing and giving their viewership what they want, can’t fault them for that. 

WITB Thread

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 7x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-9 / DG X7

SM8 46 / DG X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / DG TI X1

Squareback 2 - One and Done - ER5