• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The money of the Evil Empire is everywhere  🙂  

there is a 'Tour Raw' ball from Wilson, W|Labs on the conforming list          

A buddy of mine actually saw the raw ball from a staffer last week. No clear coat on it gave it a matte look but nothing crazy. Apparently this gives a bit more friction which provides more spin. Be i

Posted Images

matte balls are the worst. 

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 11:58 AM, orr444 said:

looks to be the staff model ball but without paint. i think the staff model is a good ball bring the cost down and i will buy it.

I talked to the GM of the course I work at who is a Wilson staffer. I've heard the biggest issue is the durability. Not really an issue for someone like a Gary Woodland who can get as many as they want, but still something to keep an eye on I think.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, jcvandamme said:

I talked to the GM of the course I work at who is a Wilson staffer. I've heard the biggest issue is the durability. Not really an issue for someone like a Gary Woodland who can get as many as they want, but still something to keep an eye on I think.

I've run a few of the Duo Pro through about 30 holes or so without any compromising wear. One even took a nice bounce off a cart path and it was still playable. Lack of the extra top-coat would make sense with extra wear though, especially if you're playing out of sand often. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Wilson D7 Forged 4-G w/ KBS 105 $-Taper XS

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line Center Shaft

AKA the #FourPuttPrince. 👑

9 hours ago, grm24 said:

Gary Woodland plays the Pro-V1 and is paid to do so.

The money of the Evil Empire is everywhere  🙂

• Haha 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

18 hours ago, jcvandamme said:

You're right. I just threw out the first Wilson staffer I could think of. I would imagine most of their staff uses a different brand's ball.

Not that Wilson has many staff players across the main professional tours however I wonder if there is any current top level Wilson staff player that uses a Wilson ball on any tour. If there isn't one I wonder who was the last player to use a Wilson tour level ball.

Wilson's top end tour level balls have been just as good as Titleist, Cally, Bridgestone, TM, Srixon etc for years. Well maybe except for the TX4 ball. Good ball but with it's flat bottomed pan head dimples and crazy blinding white glare at address on a sunny day it was interesting to use.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, theedge27 said:

Ricky Barnes?

Not certain. Over the years he gamed Callaway golf balls. For a while he was a Top Flite endorser in the early 2000's before TF ended up being a DSG house brand. On Ebay there are autographed Nitro, yes Nitro, and Nike balls. He could be gaming anything. Searching old WITB for him turns up nothing definitive. He's been loyal to Wilson for his clubs for a long time. Surprised he hasn't won on tour. Since Wilson has a larger presence on the ET I would not be surprised if somebody on the ET plays a Wilson ball.

I think Ricky B was playing the FGTOUR. 2018 version was the last iteration. I ve been playing the STAFF ball for the year. More distance, spin and click than the FG. Nothing is as perfect in feel than the FG, but the STAFF ball is hard to not like. Closest compare is the BX. Interchangeable.

Fitter
All Wishon, all the time:
519SHPR 11* Black Driver, Red Shaft - S
919F/D, Red Shaft
EQ1-NX 4 wood Red S-FLex
929 Fwy 5, Red Shaft
595 #3 Driving Iron Red hybrid S Flex
575MMC 6-GW Wishon Smooth Steel - S (B bag)
EQ1-NX 4 hybrid, Black hybrid Shaft
5-SW EQ1-NX S300's (A bag))
PCF Micro Tour Platinum 58*
S2R #5 putter Single Bend Shaft
Mid-firm urethane balls - too many to list
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone happen to know the compression on these Raw or new staff balls? Always interested in the Wilson branded balls as I feel Wilson makes a great product their balls are normally just too soft for my liking. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

42 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Anyone happen to know the compression on these Raw or new staff balls? Always interested in the Wilson branded balls as I feel Wilson makes a great product their balls are normally just too soft for my liking. 

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/wilson-staff-model-r-raw-golf-ball/

Just now, madeintheshade said:

Thanks, wasn't listed on the Wilson site but that's a compression and ball I think may be worth a box or two to try out. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more.