I am relatively tall and have an upright swing.  I also drive my legs down to impact.  All of this causes the miss to be FAT.  So I need all the help I can get.  I love my Cally X-Forged irons, but I'm getting bored and drooling over the new Mizzy JPX 921 Tours.  However, I've been down the road before (twice) with Mizuno and we don't get along too well.  But, like a repeated bad relationship, I'm sure this time will be different.  Or should I make a more different choice?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Srixon Z785. V-sole is great for diggers.

Ping is good for diggers, loads of bounce

You should watch this video from Athletic Golf Motion and learn to stop dipping.  Your gear will not fix what you're doing.       Seriously, learn to stop that dip and yo

• Like 2

Cobra SZ 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

2 hours ago, jvincent said:

This!  I’m a digger too, 6’3 with a fairly upright swing. I have yet to dig with these clubs.  Idk what it is, they just flat perform!  Also, like you I’ve never gotten on well with Mizunos.  Beautiful irons and I’m sure they feel great, so do the Srixons, but they just don’t work for me. 

Hogan irons have a V sole as well, and I can get steep as well. I play the PTx Pros and they don’t give me any issues. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM set 1 click lower with Elements Earth 7F4 or Diamana D+ x5ct 70s

Hybrids: 15* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Proforce V2 85F4, 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid UTS Proforce VTS 100s, 23* Adams Super 9031 dgs300
Irons: 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro Modus 125s
Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Vokey SM6 F Grind, Zipcore 52* Mid bent to 53*, Zipcore 56* Mid Raw bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Toulon Las Vegas or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

Compare the 921’s with the MP20 MMC’s. I believe the MP’s have a little more bounce, and for me they worked fine. YMMV

WITB

Taylor Made SIM 9.0 degree HZRDUS Smoke 70g 6.0 Stiff 
Taylor Made SIM 15 degree HZDRUS Smoke 70g 6.0 Stiff 
Taylor Made SIM Max 19 degree Hybrid Ventus Stiff
Titleist T100 4 - 9 AMT White S-300
Titleist Vokey SM8 46-10F
Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport T22
Titleist ProV1X

GO VOLS!
On 9/25/2020 at 7:15 PM, Chip2win said:

I am relatively tall and have an upright swing.  I also drive my legs down to impact.  All of this causes the miss to be FAT.  So I need all the help I can get.  I love my Cally X-Forged irons, but I'm getting bored and drooling over the new Mizzy JPX 921 Tours.  However, I've been down the road before (twice) with Mizuno and we don't get along too well.  But, like a repeated bad relationship, I'm sure this time will be different.  Or should I make a more different choice?

You should watch this video from Athletic Golf Motion and learn to stop dipping.  Your gear will not fix what you're doing.

Seriously, learn to stop that dip and you will be smashing your irons, ANY irons with far more power.

• Like 1

If you want a quick fix any of the Ping G series will do fine as they got wide soles with loads of bounce on their clubs.  But if you want a more long term fix that will make your swing compatible with any club get lessons.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

I appreciate the advice, but I would like to point out that many professional golfers "dip" or "squat" or whatever you want to call it on the downswing including of course Mr. Woods.  However, they put in a lot more practice time than I do and can time the move better.  Except for the occasional fat shot, it's not necessarily a bad thing.