How many majors will Dechambeau win?

sonnygolf

Questions like this are difficult to answer. I’d have thought DJ, Rose and JT would have won more than one each by now with the way they’ve played over the years, but all three are still on one. Bryson could win several more or he could win none, but I’ve heard the phrase from players before that winning your second major is harder as you’re expected to do it.

When you see Ernie only won four, Ben Crenshaw only won two, Payne Stewart only won three and Greg Norman only won two, they’re all considered legends by different people but didn’t win many. Major week is a huge pressure pot for the players as you’re playing for history - I’d be shocked if he won more than Ernie. When I’ve watched Bryson over the years I’ve seen him miss some putts you’d expect him to make just like Rory. My guess would be he’d win two or three at most.

Edited by philly2kuk

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

He will improve on BK's 4 pack and get a 6 pack.  If he continues to chip n putt like they way he did at Wing Foot then I see a very bright major count.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 18 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

I think he has a better chance than most of a few majors. He’s one of very, very few who has shown he can make measurable improvements to his game after a few years on tour. Right now, he’s analysing where he has lost strokes at Augusta and what he needs to improve to get 4 good rounds there. I’d be fairly shocked if he wasn’t in contention in one of the next two Masters.

15 hours ago, farmer said:

David Duval had a host of health problems, not related to weight training.  He lost a bunch of weight when he embarked on his hyper fitness phase.  BK tore his patellar tendon and finished it off slipping on a cart path.  Not weight training.  BAD got a lot bigger, working with a personal trainer, nutritionist, and swing coach to build his body and swing.  He has bigger muscles, tendons, ligaments, which will possibly make him less prone to injury.

You can’t make tendons and ligaments stronger through weight training. As muscles get stronger, the attachments come under more strain than they were strictly designed for, and these are the bits that end up rupturing.

HOWEVER, if you’ve watched Bryson he hits very, very few shots flat out on the range. He has the extra wear and tear factored in I believe. Could be a very exciting few years for him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1mcozik said:

His muscle gain doesn’t make him NFL Linebacker size....what NFL era are you people watching. Swore I thought this was 2020 but appear it’s actually 1920.

How tall is he? They say he's about 230-235lbs right now? There are certainly LBs that size in the NFL. Most are 240+, but they exist. The ones that are 230 are the hybrid speed guys, so in that sense, Bryson isn't close. College football is littered with LBs in the 220-235lb range

7 hours ago, OrangeGravy said:

How tall is he? They say he's about 230-235lbs right now? There are certainly LBs that size in the NFL. Most are 240+, but they exist. The ones that are 230 are the hybrid speed guys, so in that sense, Bryson isn't close. College football is littered with LBs in the 220-235lb range

He look at least 240 but thats where the comparison ends.

Hes at *least 30 pounds overweigh (That spare tire he put on gotta be 15 pounds alone) and he’d probably get seriously injured or killed in the first Q if you put him out there. Much less actually be able to run with these guys. 

That said, he’s got some great athleticism to nail drives that hard and that accurately. 

C519BE08-CBC1-46E2-BEFE-B0F30A8ADF09.jpeg

On 9/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, miamistomp said:

Maybe 3 if he stays interested and healthy that long

Pro golf is not a long term sport anymore--Lots of money puts out the competitive fire for many

curious as to why people use the "money" thing so often ... money didn't dry up tiger's ambition ... i'm not a believer that bryson's current form translates to the 3rd or 4th best career ever as a pro golfer, but of all the people on the tour at this moment, he strikes me as the least likely to give a damn about money ... 

23 minutes ago, Titleist84 said:

His footwork on follow through concerns me, I can easily see him twisting an ankle.  Ankles are harder to heal the heavier you are, especially with his body not being used to carrying all of the extra weight.

Having said that, I can see him winning several more assuming he stays healthy.

He's rotating on his heel which is a releasing move to not damage his ankle or knee. The old days of keeping the front foot planted and standing up to a "balanced" finished that stressed the knee are gone for power players.

• Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

33 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

Of course you can make tendons and ligaments stronger through resistance training

It is just slower growth than muscle. Heavier weights and lower reps build tendon strength

Apparently he doesn’t do compound lifts (dead, squat) he’s afraid of injury. But I don’t think only heavy moves with 1-6 reps keep your joints/ligaments fit. Since covid, I’ve been lifting lighter but still in the 8-15  rep range with and still have good flexiblily. 

Bryson should be working some cardio, I think. You want to to a killer cardio workout, burns like 500 cal, and lots of punches and kicks and ab work?

Try this....

Edited by bscinstnct

I’ll set the over-under at 3. 

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

As a former collegiate olympic style weightlifter- I am just telling you what we were trained for to increase tendon and ligament strength

Olympic lifters rely on quickness and tendon/ligament strength as opposed to pure muscle 

Of course you can get fit and flexible with other exercise but you will not thicken tendons and if you just build muscle by pumping higher reps you will build muscle without equivalent tendon strength- 

Like dropping a big motor in a car and not beefing up suspension parts

16 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

As a former collegiate olympic style weightlifter- I am just telling you what we were trained for to increase tendon and ligament strength

Olympic lifters rely on quickness and tendon/ligament strength as opposed to pure muscle 

Of course you can get fit and flexible with other exercise but you will not thicken tendons and if you just build muscle by pumping higher reps you will build muscle without equivalent tendon strength- 

Like dropping a big motor in a car and not beefing up suspension parts

Ahhh, yes makes sense. 

I can say for sure that lifting in the 8-15 rep range absolutely lends to progressive resistance and increased loads. I imagine there must be some benefit for the tendons to lifting in the 8-12 rep range to failure, that’s still heavy.

And, lifting in this range has completely resolved a bad knee I had since I tore it up playing football in HS. As well as giving me full shoulder strength and range of motion for a shoulder that I couldn’t even raise my arm very high with. In both cases it may have actually been the strengthening of all the muscles surrounding the joints that made the joints healthy again.

So I may not be quantifying at the exact same way you are but there are absolutely great benefits to the joints and tendons lifting in the hyper trophy range at even 8-15 reps. 

Edited by bscinstnct

45 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

He's rotating on his heel which is a releasing move to not damage his ankle or knee. The old days of keeping the front foot planted and standing up to a "balanced" finished that stressed the knee are gone for power players.

Yes, he wants to be #1 in the world. The money will follow. 

BD also doesn't keep his left foot planted throughout impact so he's not placing undo and dangerous torque through his knees, hips and back through impact.  On the surface he appears to have a swing that's less likely to cause injury.  Some guys keep their left foot planted through impact and that causes lots of torque to be placed on joints.   Bryson will be around for  the long haul imo.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 18 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

10 hours ago, milesgiles said:

You can’t make tendons and ligaments stronger through weight training. As muscles get stronger, the attachments come under more strain than they were strictly designed for, and these are the bits that end up rupturing.

HOWEVER, if you’ve watched Bryson he hits very, very few shots flat out on the range. He has the extra wear and tear factored in I believe. Could be a very exciting few years for him 

ROFL, he's a LONG way from that happening. 

3 hours ago, Loki said:

ROFL, he's a LONG way from that happening. 

People like you were all over him 4 years ago when he turned pro. He keeps proving you all wrong. Right now, he's the most exciting golfer out there. Stays fit, stays hungry, I think there's a lot more to come

3.  It's hard to win more, and he's already 27, so I think more than 5 or 6 is out of the question.  Mickelson has 5, Els 4, Singh has 3.  His short game right now isn't as good as Mickelson's was.  But he seems hell bent on making improvements, so if he has a year like Harrington did, and wins 3 in short order, 6 might be in play. 

Maltby STw2 10* Tensei Orange Stiff 46.75"
TourSwing Octane 10.5*  TourSwing Vengeance  44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 16.5* 4 wood
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 19* 3 hybrid 
Bridgestone Access VP-02, 6-AW
Inazone EZ-PZ CNC wedge 52* & 60*
LogicalOne Putter

On 9/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, gvogel said:

My opinion.  You are entitled to yours.

By the way, diabetes runs in his family.  He should be careful

It is lazy though. You don't say why you think he will get hurt you just jump on that low hanging fruit that has no validation behind it. Pure speculation is all it is with nothing behind it.

Edited by MUNIGRIT

On 9/27/2020 at 4:53 PM, milesgiles said:

People like you were all over him 4 years ago when he turned pro. He keeps proving you all wrong. Right now, he's the most exciting golfer out there. Stays fit, stays hungry, I think there's a lot more to come

Actually, no I wasn't. You are saying things that are untrue about muscle, tendon and ligament development, that's what I am talkimg about.

7 hours ago, Loki said:

Actually, no I wasn't. You are saying things that are untrue about muscle, tendon and ligament development, that's what I am talkimg about.

Its true that attachments develop very slowly in a limited way, and since he isn’t doing any compound exercises I would say they won’t get stronger at all.

however, how was I to know that’s what you were referring to?

On 9/27/2020 at 9:29 AM, OrangeGravy said:

Oh no not the old Linebacker comparison again. 

“Tiger could have been a linebacker” lol

”Rory could have been a linebacker” Bahahahaha

Now Bryson yawn.

Almost all decent golfers now are very spindly. I wouldn’t even say Brooks or Woodland are remotely built.