Tell me about your experience with Titleist T300.

jjfcpa

I picked up a used set of T300's after reading a number of reviews.  Had my first round with them today after taking them to the driving range a couple of times.  Didn't know what to expect, especially since my CF19's have been working pretty well except for a unexpected draw that shows up from time-to-time.  This typically happens when I'm trying for a little extra distance.. and I'm sure it's my swing, but I didn't see this with the T300's at the driving range.  

After just this one round, I saw some very positive shots with the T300's.  I didn't have one shot that turned into a draw with my intentionally trying to draw the ball.  Distance was on par or better than the Apex.  In fact, if there was one negative, it was that the distance was a little better than expected.  I was really pleased with the ease it was to get the ball in the air and how softly they landed in spite of the stronger lofts.   I was also a little concerned that the feel might not be as nice as the CF19's, but they actually felt really good.  No harness at all.

Really easy to hit and I'm excited to play another round with them on Monday.

If you have the T300's, what's your experience?  What was your previous iron?

• Like 1

I have them. They are long and feel excellent, very soft. Launch high obviously. Very comparable in forgiveness imho to Ping g410, but the turf interaction is better.  Frankly the turf interaction is on par with the T100s (I have a set of those too).  The T300s are sleepers in the sense that most don’t turn to Titleist for GI/SGI irons, but they really should.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HateTheHighDraw said:

I have them. They are long and feel excellent, very soft. Launch high obviously. Very comparable in forgiveness imho to Ping g410, but the turf interaction is better.  Frankly the turf interaction is on par with the T100s (I have a set of those too).  The T300s are sleepers in the sense that most don’t turn to Titleist for GI/SGI irons, but they really should.  

Couldn't agree more.  First set of Titleist irons for me because I always felt that they were for better players or golfers who wanted everyone to think they were a better player.    Reviewers were very positive and these might fall into the game improvement category, but I personally think they are pretty close to players distance.  I can't believe how forgiving and what a great feel they have.  I thought it would take a few rounds to adjust to them, but they were very comfortable on the first swing.

A year ago i briefly played 714 AP2 irons but they were to demanding for me so l sold them. Changed to a set of Callaway Steelhead XR irons that is the most forgiving iron l have tried. I did not like the springy faces because my short game became really inconsistent when the ball suddenly shoot of like a rocket. So in the beginning of this season l had a custom fitting and ended up with a set of T300 irons. Tried Mavrik Pro irons and also T200 but l think T300 is better than those two sets. T300 have a more solid feeling in the short irons but from 7iron the springy feel is noticeable. 8-gw l think the clubheads are like T200. For me T300 reminds me of my old set of Ping i20. I also think T300 have forgivness but not massive and it is more a players iron than a GI and could suit low cappers. My issue with T300 are low lofts so l play 6i-gw but l only use 6i from the tee, from fairway it is too inconsistent. I am thinking of putting the 6i in the closet and use a hybrid instead and have 7i as my longest iron. But overall T300 irons are really good but standing in the shadow of T100 irons.

Edited by harlequine

2 hours ago, harlequine said:

A year ago i briefly played 714 AP2 irons but they were to demanding for me so l sold them. Changed to a set of Callaway Steelhead XR irons that is the most forgiving iron l have tried. I did not like the springy faces because my short play became really inconsistent when the ball suddenly shoot of like a rocket. So in the beginning of this season l had a custom fitting and ended up with a set of T300 irons. Tried Mavrik Pro irons and also T200 but l think T300 is better than those two sets. T300 have a more solid feeling in the short irons but from 7iron the springy feel is noticeable. 8-gw l think the clubheads are like T200. For me T300 reminds me of my old set of Ping i20. I also think T300 have forgivness but not massiv and it is more a players iron than a GI and could suit low cappers. My issue with T300 are low lofts so l play 6i-gw but l only use 6i from the tee, from fairway it is too inconsistent. I am thinking of putting the 6i in the closet and use a hybrid instead and have 7i as my longest iron. But overall T300 irons are really good but standing in the shadow of T100 irons.

while I've only played one round with the T300's, I have found the entire set to be very consistent.  I did not find any of the irons that did not perform as expected based on the typically gapping that I expected.

19 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

while I've only played one round with the T300's, I have found the entire set to be very consistent.  I did not find any of the irons that did not perform as expected based on the typically gapping that I expected.

I think T300 irons are overlooked because the T100 irons seems more appealing to the better player even if the T300 would perform better. As a bogeygolfer l think there probably more forgiving irons than T300 but l like the less offset and it is difficult to find GI or SGI irons without massive offset. The Max Impact technology in the longer irons are in my eyes really ugly and a turnoff aesthetically. Overall T300 irons are a good allrounder and could suit a wide range of golfers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harlequine said:

I think T300 irons are overlooked because the T100 irons seems more appealing to the better player even if the T300 would perform better. As a bogeygolfer l think there probably more forgiving irons than T300 but l like the less offset and it is difficult to find GI or SGI irons without massive offset. The Max Impact technology in the longer irons are in my eyes really ugly and a turnoff aesthetically. Overall T300 irons are a good allrounder and could suit a wide range of golfers.

I know what you mean about the max impact gizmos... it does sort of distract from the aesthetics of the clubs, but I can't complain about the performance.

I've never played a Titleist iron before and quite impressed.  

14 hours ago, harlequine said:

They are extremely forgiving in practical context and for what it’s worth they have a mega-high Maltby MPF rating 

Edited by HateTheHighDraw

I just recently found a set of T300's on the bay. Was a deal I just couldn't pass up. Tracking says they'll be here tomorrow I currently game the Apex 19's as well. They will be hard to replace as I have developed a fair amount of confidence with them. Will be interested to see how the T300's stack up to the Apex 19's.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

56 minutes ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

I recently played tpc scottsdale with these as a rental. Didnt really care for them too much but im coming from mizuno mmc 20. I had to literally put my draw grip on it to get it to go straight and im not sure why? Could have been weight as they seemed a touch head heavy.  

The extra offset may have tricked your eye into setting up with the face open.

I'm used to playing irons with a fair bit of offset and when I hit a set that are less offset I have a devil of a time not lining up with the face shut. Could be the same thing happened to you in the opposite direction.

Year ago, I played DCI 990's for a decade or so and when I switched to Ping G20's it took forever for me to get used to what "square" looked like behind the ball. 

3 hours ago, North Butte said:

I'm used to playing irons with a fair bit of offset and when I hit a set that are less offset I have a devil of a time not lining up with the face shut. Could be the same thing happened to you in the opposite direction.

Year ago, I played DCI 990's for a decade or so and when I switched to Ping G20's it took forever for me to get used to what "square" looked like behind the ball. 

This is probably correct.

My brother has a set of these, and we recently swapped irons for a round just to try something different. I normally play a set of T100 /919T, so it was fun tot try the T300 out.

The turf interaction was better than expected. It was effortless to get the ball in the air, which really helps with stopping on the greens, especially for irons that don't necessarily spin high. I did find I was playing more of a slight draw, which is the opposite of what I normally like, more of a fade player.

I think they are a great set of sticks for anyone who wants to enjoy the game. For some the visual of the set is make or break, but I guess that's part of the game as well. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX 6.0
Odyssey Ai Jailbird  

On 9/30/2020 at 5:37 PM, jacincm said:

Been working with my 716 ap1 since release. Can’t imagine that the t300 would be significantly better. Better off going with the t200

I think T200 irons are a mystery  in the lineup. T100 and T300 covers most golfers needs, why confuse with another option in the T200???

Edited by harlequine

On 9/29/2020 at 8:06 AM, iNeedMoreGolf said:

I recently played tpc scottsdale with these as a rental. Didnt really care for them too much but im coming from mizuno mmc 20. I had to literally put my draw grip on it to get it to go straight and im not sure why? Could have been weight as they seemed a touch head heavy.  

That's surprising because one of the things that the T300 corrected for me is a draw bias with the Apex CF19's.  I would have to intentionally open the face a little with the CF19's to get them straight.  Not so with the T300, I'm now focusing on my target and they are not drawing at all.  One of the primary reasons I'm keeping them in play for now.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:05 AM, North Butte said:

I've looked on the Titleist website and can't find the offset numbers for the T300.  Doesn't seem as much as the Apex CF19's... at least to my eye.

8 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

That's surprising because one of the things that the T300 corrected for me is a draw bias with the Apex CF19's.  I would have to intentionally open the face a little with the CF19's to get them straight.  Not so with the T300, I'm now focusing on my target and they are not drawing at all.  One of the primary reasons I'm keeping them in play for now.

I've looked on the Titleist website and can't find the offset numbers for the T300.  Doesn't seem as much as the Apex CF19's... at least to my eye.

Yeah i was havIng leaky shots riggt or pushes to the right... so i intentionally had to play a drawy shot to get it straight.

Not to take too much stock in MPF, but their "C" dim, overall MOI, VCOG, and rating are right up there with some of the EASIEST to launch irons on the market. 

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Went into just One of the T300 as I reversed course on hybrids in the 4iron slot.  I got a T300 +.25in 5 as my new 4 iron into the stock L/L/L T100 irons 5-PW.

So far, that new T300 4 is great - my stock 185yds perfect conditions.  That is all the hybrid I played there was supposed to give me, but I like the T300 better integrated with a MCA Blue Tensei S at about 70g in the bag now.  Very confident with it and seems like I now hit my T100 actual 5 better!

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

I have T100's. One of the pro's at my club has T300's and rates them very highly. I tried them out a while ago and thought they were pretty awesome, too. Not quite the same feel through the turf as the T100's but pretty good for something which is far chunkier and so much easier to hit. Not bad clubs at all, and well worth trying for a range of golfers. I'd love a set of T300's to go with my T100's for days where my back is playing up - I can swing so easily and still get great results, while the T100's need the type of swing I can only perform repeatedly when my back is on board.

Edited by steventoo

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

On 9/26/2020 at 5:01 PM, jjfcpa said:

I picked up a used set of T300's after reading a number of reviews.  Had my first round with them today after taking them to the driving range a couple of times.  Didn't know what to expect, especially since my CF19's have been working pretty well except for a unexpected draw that shows up from time-to-time.  This typically happens when I'm trying for a little extra distance.. and I'm sure it's my swing, but I didn't see this with the T300's at the driving range.  

After just this one round, I saw some very positive shots with the T300's.  I didn't have one shot that turned into a draw with my intentionally trying to draw the ball.  Distance was on par or better than the Apex.  In fact, if there was one negative, it was that the distance was a little better than expected.  I was really pleased with the ease it was to get the ball in the air and how softly they landed in spite of the stronger lofts.   I was also a little concerned that the feel might not be as nice as the CF19's, but they actually felt really good.  No harness at all.

Really easy to hit and I'm excited to play another round with them on Monday.

If you have the T300's, what's your experience?  What was your previous iron?

how many different irons has this been for you now

• 5 months later...

The T300 is on my shortlist for an upcoming April fitting. I use the Maltby MPF as a guide and those specs look great for me. Now I just have to hit them.

How about durability? Is the chrome “look” still looking good for you guys with several rounds on them? I know some irons can look beat up rather quickly.

I’m a 9.5 and went in December for a fitting, expecting a more “player-ish“ iron like the Ping i210, Mizuno MP20, or even the T100/200...came out with these and it wasn't even close. These things are total point-and-shoot machines. Why make the game harder with a more demanding club, when I can do everything I would would want to with the above irons? In fact, not only can I put a little shape on these when I need to, it prevents the dreaded “over-cooked” draw/fade. With all of the different shaft offerings, these irons are a total no-brainer for anyone that 1, wants to make a hard game a little less hard and 2, isn’t concerned with the vanity of playing a player’s iron.

Edited by mahuwf
  • Like 3

If you can stand the looks I think they are easy to hit and want to go straight. For less money and arguably better looks the mizuno Hot Metal Pro are the same thing basically.  In any case, Titleist has mastered the sole camber and I am long time fan, T300 has taken the AP1 type club to its best version performance wise yet, while at the same time the least visually appealing to me. I think T200 are good compromise for people who like T100 looks but want some help, the all speeds are undeniably better than T100 on most swings. All in all there is T series for all handicaps now, but other brands have figure out the players game improvement better I think.  

• 2 months later...

I have a brand new set of titleist t300 irons, they were custom fit and have i95 steel fiber shafts. Love these clubs except for the 4 and 5 irons. The 6 through the 53 degree wedge are great feeling, great distance, accurate and sound great. The 4 and 5 irons however sound thin, hardly any real distance and I really think something is very wrong with these two clubs. Has anyone experienced anything like this. Look forward to hearing your thoughts and comments.