If you HAD to go one brand, what's the one club you'd worry about?

I could really only go one brand if it was Titleist or TaylorMade - the other have too many products I'm just not a fan of at all.

Titleist would be good apart from the wedges, as I find Vokeys a bit too light. Could fit S400's and some lead tape, starts getting expensive though.

TM - would probably be the woods. Tried a SIM when I got fit for a Driver recently and was a bit whelmed - went OK, but felt dead off the face and was shorter than the TS4 I ordered.

I could still go all Nike as well to be fair, just would struggle with the 3 wood as I broke my Vapor Fly. Still prefer their irons/wedges/putter and ball to anything else out there I've tried.

The Dee Three - Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg, Rogue Max 65x, B2 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85X, A1 Setting

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - PW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Rusties - Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Dual Sole, DG Wedge Flex

The Ladies Putter - Nike Method 003 "The Oven", 33.5 inches, ex Carly Booth

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll make a ruling on this one on behalf of our crazed gunman...and that is that parent companies and their spinoffs count as 1.    So he would allow you to play Srixon irons and a cleveland

Not planning on using any wedges or a putter are you?

I'm aware that Cleveland is in the same company family. But Srixon is a brand, and Cleveland is a brand. I wouldn't consider them to be the same brand.

I could go everything Titleist and not worry. The only thing I'd get into trouble with is the Putter. I could also have an all-Mizuno setup (I'm even playing their ball right now) but I don't know if I could rock one of those M-Craft sticks.

TS 3 8.5º w/ LAGP TOUR AXS 70X
917F3 16.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

20 hours ago, LUXOR54 said:

Not planning on using any wedges or a putter are you?

Does he get to use Cleveland since its owned by Srixon? I could see either way here.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* (Green Dot) : Tensei PO V3 70TX

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* : Tour AD DI 80X 

Callaway Super Hybrid 20* (N/-1) : Tour AD DI 95X 

TM P790 3i : Recoil Proto 125 F5 (Testing Shafts)

TM P790 4-PW : $-Taper 130X Black Nickel

Cleveland CG16 50.10, TM Hi-Toe Raw 60.09 : DG S400

TM Spider X Copper/White 35.25"

TM TP5x

If it had to be their newest stuff . . . all of them. If it could be any of their stuff . . . putter. 

#BroomstickNation

Driver: Taylormade M5 9.0, Graphite Design YS-6X

3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel T/S, Graphite Design YS-6S

5-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 5, MAS 2

Driving Irons: (2) Taylormade P790 UDI (3) Taylormade P790, Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 (2) True Temper S300 (3)
Irons: (4-PW) 716 AP2 True Temper S300 AMT
Wedges: (52, 58) Taylormade Milled Grind 2 SB, True Temper S200
Putter: Ping 1/2 CRAZ-E L Broomstick 48"

I would go with either Epon or PXG and I'd be worried about driver in both cases just because that's the club I generally don't get along with, but they both have really solid clubs from top to bottom.

Ping G410+ -- VA Nemesys
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W -- AD-DI 70x
PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon G.O.S.T.
PXG 0311P 4-Gw --Nippon Modus 120x
EPON Tour Spin Wedge 54° 58° -- shimada tour wedge
Lamb Crafted Camden -- BGT Stability Tour

For me.  I'd go all Ping as they have a great reputation for its drivers, irons, wedges, and of course, putters.  But I'm not so sure about their hybrids and FW woods.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

I feel like Taylormade, Callaway/Odyssey, Ping, and Titleist, you'd be pretty much fine. Even "weak" spots (maybe Ping fairways, I don't even know) don't feel that weak. I wouldn't prefer to do this, but I don't think it'd have much of an impact on my game if everything was fitted properly. 

Ping G410LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Titleist 818H1, 21 (set to 20), Tensei White Pro 90, S

Callaway Apex Forged 19, 5-AW, Nippon Modus 120 X

Ping Glide 2.0, 52.12 & 56.12

Callaway Jaws MD5, 60.8

Odyssey Triple Track 10 S, 34" / Odyssey SL1, 33.5"

ProV1 / Z Star XV

I could easily do this with Ping, TaylorMade, Cleveland/Srixon, Mizuno, and Tour Edge with no problem.  Could throw Maltby in there, as well.

Of course, I have to mention Ram.  I've done an all Ram bag several times.

If it were Titleist, I'd have to quit the game.  No thank you.

• Haha 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

I think it’s possible with most OEM’s these days. My preferences would be

PING

PXG

Wishon

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S

Wishon 525F/D  13* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
PXG 0211  5-GW  Elevate 95 S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS

PXG 0311 Forged 60*
PING Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

He has never had an all one brand bag. Nor is he especially brand loyal.  This is a hard question for JP. He has always favored TM drivers, Titleist hybrids, Mizzie DIs and numerous iron brands. He has no loyalty to his putters. He has owned more brands of putters than any other club. Wedges he has tried many too, no loyalty there. 

Callaway, then Titleist, then Mizuno as his all one brand ranking.

But each of them have an area he would struggle with....Titleist putter, Cameron's have been...a difficult fit. Really consistent feel and weighting tho. Terrific look.  Mizuno is close but their putters are wildly inconsistent for JP. Odyssey has been the one putter he has hung onto the longest...he would be just fine with the drivers, irons, hybrids and wedges of any of the three. 

While I’m not quite @Duffner's Wagglewith 3 woods, I am really close.  I have yet to find a 3 wood I love, being able to choose from any brand.

I have a huge disdain for everything Titleist, but have a TS2 3 wood on the way.

Wedges would be an issue, not a fan of the TM or Vokey lines.  I could play Cally, do play Cleveland, could play Ping, no for Mizuno, could play Cobra.  

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G410 LST on HZRDOUS Yellow
  • 4 Wood - Titleist TS2 turned down 1 on UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Callaway Epic Flash turned down 1 on UST Mamiya Black
  • Hybrid - ************* Member Tester TE Exotics Pro 17* on Tensei AV silver ****************
  • Others - SUB70 699 Pro Utility 4 on UST Recoil 110 and Ping G410 4 iron on Recoil 110 - Testing
  • Irons - Sub 70 639CB and 699 pro testing
  • Irons - Ping i210 testing
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50 and 56 CBX2 and RTX4 @ 62 on UST Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I’d go titleist. The only thing I would want is a lob wedge like a hi toe. 

TS3 8.5 Ventus Blue 7x or ZF 60TX

Ping G410 17 degree Ventus Blue 9x

Callaway UT 21 bent to 19 KBS Proto 105X

T100S 1 degree weak 4-PW Project X 7.0

SM8 50 Project X 6.5 
SM7 54 Project X 6.5 

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60 Project X 6.5

Piretti Cottonwood II or Scotty Newport 2 w/ Stability Shaft

Srixon XV 

On 9/28/2020 at 12:12 PM, animalgolfs said:

Putter

+1

JBeam Bullet 10*          Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3WD   Accra Tour Z RPG 372 M5

Exotics CBX119 5WD   Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD         Accra TZ5-85 M5
TaylorMade V-Steel 9WD   Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 6-PW  MCI MMT-125TX (SSx1)
MIURA Tour Milled 52 56 60 MMT-125TX Scoring Wedge

Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai Flowneck Prototype

As long as the brand makes every category of club, I wouldn't worry about a thing. As someone who has tried a ton of different clubs, there really isn't much different in any of them across the board.

There's a reason you see every single brand under the sun represented on Tour, it's all the same. They're just chunks of metal at the end of sticks bent to different lofts.

The only difference between them exists between your ears 😛

As you can see in my signature I'd be SOL. Have tried replacing the v steel 3 wood but end up with penalty shots with anything else. Can't replace the ping irons as they've shot my handicap way down coming from blades. My 55 is a cleveland wedge made of nickel, I've tried everything I can think of and nothing is close to as soft and versatile, I use it on 90% of shots 90 yards and in. Lob wedge isn't used much but I'd rather not give up the Callaway pm grind used out of rough, with no green, and on exceptionally hard greens. 

If absolutely had to:

Ping but I despise their wedges and don't like the putters. Or  

Titleist and suffer with irons, have never liked theirs

Callaway Epic 10.5* oban kiyoshi gold 75x

V Steel 3 wood OG DG Lite S

Titleist T2 3H tensei blue 70s

Ping i20 4-gw x100

Cleveland 797 BeNi 55*

Callaway mack daddy 60*

Odyssey Toulon Atlanta

3 Hybrid is the big question mark for me.  It's one of those clubs that when you find one that works, you don't cheat on it.  I've got a ancient TM Rescue Dual...with a stock R-Flex shaft to boot...that just works for me.

I could probably go all TM, Ping, Mizuno, or Callaway.  Titleist irons would be an issue for me.  I don't (think) I have the ball striking for the T100 and I don't like the look or feel of the T200.  The T300 is simply out of the question.

Edited by forrester_fire

Ping...wedge, especially lob.  

Mizuno....irons. Never found a set I like.  But I don't think they make putters, but I suck at putting anyway.  

Callaway...woods.  Crush them - into everything but the fairway.  

Taylormade...just not a fan.  So, maybe driver. Although I loved my R9 and burner stuff. The white is what took me away.  

Titleist....any vokey.  Hate. With passion.  

But, considering I would have had to have made this decision in a split second with a gun to my head, I would have cried, wet myself and said "I don't play golf."

PING G400 LST 9* Fuji XLR8 51

PING G400 16.5* Fuji XLR8 61

PING i500 3-PW KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

Edel 46* DVR/52* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING Vault Anser 2

I could go all Titleist, no problem... i'd just need to spend some time figuring out what would work best in the di/hybrid spot. The TS3 hybrids didn't do it for me, and I gave it some time to stick. Maybe the U-5something series instead. Their irons, although to me always seem to lack the feel i'm looking for, are more than serviceable.

I'm a lifelong fanboy for Mizuno irons, but don't really have any experience hitting their woods and hybrids. With all the positive feedback people have been giving the ST200 series, I'm sure if I got fitted for them it wouldn't be too bad of a transition. Wedges are essentially irons and I already have an old Bettinardi/Mizuno collab I can roll on the moss. Nothing feels like a Mizuno, amirite?

Edited by FormerDimer

Titleist TS3 8.5 deg  / Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6x

Titleist TS3 3 wood / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x

Taylor Made SIM DHY 2 iron / Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 90 Stiff (tipped 1/2")

Mizuno JPX 900 Tours 4-PW / KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff

Titleist SM5 50,54,60 / KBS 610 Stiff

Taylor Made Spider X Chalk  

Buddy plays the new Mizuno putter in black and that thing looks sexy enough to game. Wedges and irons are already a lock and people seem to like their new hybrids/woods but driver? That would be a worry.

how confident would you be if you're standing on the tee box with a ST200 and the guys next to you have a SIM or G410lst. I'm already thinking of the excuses in my head..."well of course they hit it further"...

Cobra F9 9.5* - Tour AD IZ 6x

Callaway Epic 14.5* - ProLaunch Blue 85x

Adams DHY Pro 21* - Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Miura CB201 4i - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Miura Retro Blades 5-PW - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Scratch Wedge 53* - Accra iSeries Tour 110

Fourteen RM11 58* - Recoil 95 F4

Taylormade Hi-Toe 64* - hi-rev