new Soft Feel

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TXG just dropped a video on them today.     

One thing I wish some of the video guys would do is compare the new version to the one it is replacing.  I moved on from version 11 of the soft feel because it was shorter off the driver for me.  It a

Ok first impressions of the new soft feel. I played it at elevation today (5000ft). Srixon did add a little more pop off the tee. It is longer for me off the tee up here than the trufeel. Very similar

One thing I wish some of the video guys would do is compare the new version to the one it is replacing.  I moved on from version 11 of the soft feel because it was shorter off the driver for me.  It also seems a little jumpy off the club on 40 to 50 yard shots.  My current trufeel and HC balls were more consistent in this area.  The  new soft feel claims better green side manners. I will try some.

• Like 2
On 9/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, munichop said:

One thing I wish some of the video guys would do is compare the new version to the one it is replacing.  I moved on from version 11 of the soft feel because it was shorter off the driver for me.  It also seems a little jumpy off the club on 40 to 50 yard shots.  My current trufeel and HC balls were more consistent in this area.  The  new soft feel claims better green side manners. I will try some.

I'm curious about the driver distance as well.  I liked the SoftFeel because it didn't feel too soft like some of the other low compression balls on the market but I did notice it was shorter relative to the Titleist DT Trusoft, TruFeel which seems to be it's major competitor.   

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first impressions of the new soft feel. I played it at elevation today (5000ft). Srixon did add a little more pop off the tee. It is longer for me off the tee up here than the trufeel. Very similar to the HC topflite.  Also, like the HC it is more workable side to side than the trufeel. So far in order:

driver distance: longest HC, soft feel, trufeel

iron distance: longest trufeel,HC,soft feel

trajectory:HC highest,trufeel,soft feel
green side spin : HC highest, trufeel, soft feel.

most lively off putter: soft feel,trufeel, HC

Todays round was windless so no idea on the manners in the 

wind. Overall the soft feel is an improvement over the previous model so far. It may vary a little at lower elevation. Will report on it after I get a round in at lower elevation. 

• Like 1

Just picked up a dozen for my wife.  She wants a bright color so that she can find the ball better during the fall leaf season.  I played one for a round and found it to be ok for distance but not much spin around the greens so I had to make some adjustment. The ball hits higher than my normal ball and is soft. 

Edited by crazygolfnut

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5 
Hybrids ___ Ping  G410 4H & Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM8 52.08F & 56.08S
Putter _____ Rife 400 Mid Mallet
Ball _______ Snell MTB Black - Yellow / Srixon Q-Star Tour - Yellow
Bag _______ Datrek Lite Rider
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell NEO Ghost,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Glad that video was shared. I'm going to give these a shot  once version 12 is sold in Canada. Played an earlier version exclusively maybe five years ago. Been playing QST for several years and need to restock balls next season. Played a couple of Callaway Supersoft I had sitting around today in cold and wet fairway conditions and enjoyed the feel. Bit of a putting adjustment mostly.

Edited by myspinonit

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°  Alta CB 55 R

Ping G410  5 wood (at 16.5°) &  7 wood ( at 19.5°)  Alta CB 65 R

Ping G410  22° & 26° (at 25°) hybrids  Alta CB 70 R

Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A

Vokey SM6 49.07F, 54.08M, 58.08M Steelfiber i80 R

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5  34"

Second round with this ball at elevation. Windless, 70 degrees, perfect day for golf. I tried to see if I could shape tee shots a little more with this ball. I can. Hit 13 of 14 fairways with it. Played the 3 par 5‘s in 4 under. Holed a soft high pitch for eagle on the last par 5.  Used 2 different putters to gage speed. The ball had good manners with both putters. Consistent speed and feel off the faces.  Very durable cover as well.

• Like 1

I think the SF is the most under rated ball in golf. Very little buzz out there. But, based on feel, performance and price it can't be beat. I need to say it again, I thought the matte version was horrible. No feel at all. Hopefully, it's improved with the new version as the colors are nice. 

Edited by Tanner25
3 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

I think the SF is the most under rated ball in golf. Very little buzz out there. But, based on feel, performance and price it can't be beat. I need to say it again, I thought the matte version was horrible. No feel at all. Hopefully, it's improved with the new version as the colors are nice. 

It is an excellent ball.  I really don't understand the matte ball trend, but to each their own.  It seems like they would perform differently given the cover material, but all I can comment on with the matte finish is that the white and yellow are tougher to see.  

I think I've tried this ball (2020 Soft Feel), but I'm not sure.  Can someone tell me a unique identifier that is either on the box (dozen) or the ball itself?

I bought a dozen Soft Feels at a local pro shop prior to a round last week ... but I think it was the prev gen.

Looking at the box (dozen) from prev gen and 2020, I can see no new markings/promo/anything that says "this is the 2020 ball" ...

Can someone help?  I'd really like to try this ball ... it's targeted directly at me, but I honestly don't think it's for sale anywhere locally???

1 hour ago, 801 said:

I think I've tried this ball (2020 Soft Feel), but I'm not sure.  Can someone tell me a unique identifier that is either on the box (dozen) or the ball itself?

I bought a dozen Soft Feels at a local pro shop prior to a round last week ... but I think it was the prev gen.

Looking at the box (dozen) from prev gen and 2020, I can see no new markings/promo/anything that says "this is the 2020 ball" ...

Can someone help?  I'd really like to try this ball ... it's targeted directly at me, but I honestly don't think it's for sale anywhere locally???

SOFT FEEL

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

If anyone saw the champions tour on Saturday in Phoenix I played this ball in the same wind that day. This was the first round with this ball in a 2 club wind.  It behaved well.  Even on higher trajectory shots it didn’t get ruined by the wind.  It was easy to hit it high or low with the driver as well depending on the wind.  Overall I am quite pleased with this ball so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Took advantage of the new Soft Feel 6 pack in white at $11.00. To the touch and looks, they are not as smooth or shiny as the previous gen. But, just practicing with them today, I noticed it was longer and of course, soft. I didn't do a side by side test. But, it was obvious. Highly recommend trying the 6 ball pack at GG or DSG. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Also, today's Black Friday 25% off deal does not apply to golf equipment at DSG. 

Edited by Tanner25
On 9/29/2020 at 7:33 AM, Tanner25 said:

Anyone game the new Soft Feel 2020, there's some bold claims in their ad for extra distance and green side spin. The prior gen in yellow is very easy to see in the fairway and plays nicely. 

I played the SoftFeel in the red matte and really liked them. I can’t compare to previous versions, only my usual ball- a Bridgestone E6 Speed. It was a tad shorter off the driver, but longer on the short irons than the Bridgestone. Once I got used to that, it played nice. Plenty of stopping power not the green (that’s never a problem for me, since I hit I high ball). I didn’t think the ball ballooned, in fact, it had more of a piercing trajectory off the driver. Felt nicer than the Bridgestone off the putter. Big fan of the red in late fall and the lower compression in the cold. 

1 hour ago, Honeybadger said:

I played the SoftFeel in the red matte and really liked them. I can’t compare to previous versions, only my usual ball- a Bridgestone E6 Speed. It was a tad shorter off the driver, but longer on the short irons than the Bridgestone. Once I got used to that, it played nice. Plenty of stopping power not the green (that’s never a problem for me, since I hit I high ball). I didn’t think the ball ballooned, in fact, it had more of a piercing trajectory off the driver. Felt nicer than the Bridgestone off the putter. Big fan of the red in late fall and the lower compression in the cold. 

Good to know. Maybe, thew "new" soft Feel Brite matte feels/plays better than the previous gen. I do like the colors. But, believe the white or glossy yellow feel/play better.