Another PXG post

I ordered PXGs series2 with the steel fiber shaft.I normally hit a regular shaft but the online fitter said the steel fiber run stiffer than other shafts so and it was two online fitters recommended a senior shaft as that would be equivalent to what other manufacturers regular shaft.I’m 73 and hit my 7 iron between  140/145. 
I know I’m not up to WRX standards on distance.

Edited by Chazb
No response
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A-flex

I ordered PXGs series2 with the steel fiber shaft.I normally hit a regular shaft but the online fitter said the steel fiber run stiffer than other shafts so and it was two online fitters recommended a

They definitely are stiffer I think they should work for you. I just received my 311t”s and wish I would have got them sooner great clubs

They should be fine!  I normally play stiff in everything but the SF Regular work well and do play stiff to flex. I hate the word Senior Flex. Surely there is a better name!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tommyj said:

Which weight of SF are you talking about, the i70, i80, i95?  Not sure I would put you into an A-flex with an i70, might soft step it.

I forgot to ask about soft steping and they did not bring it up.They assured me that the A shaft would be as firm or a little stiffer than other graphite shafts and would still be like a regular.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:11 PM, Chazb said:

I ordered PXGs series2 with the steel fiber shaft.I normally hit a regular shaft but the online fitter said the steel fiber run stiffer than other shafts so and it was two online fitters recommended a senior shaft as that would be equivalent to what other manufacturers regular shaft.I’m 73 and hit my 7 iron between  140/145. 
I know I’m not up to WRX standards on distance.

Did I miss the question ? :classic_biggrin:

IMO shaft weight is more important than flex. If you're hitting a 7 iron 140-145 you don't need no stinkin' senior/A flex. I hit my 7 just about 150 on the dot and I'm hitting 130 gram S300 with no problems.

Now if you're having some health issues, especially issues with sore hands, shoulders, etc., and need the graphite for its shock absorption qualities, that a different story.

In any case, ya ordered 'em already. I'm sure they'll be fine. Good luck with 'em. 👍

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Taylormade XFT 64

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

• 2 weeks later...

I usually play stiff 95g steel and ordered 0311s with steelfiber i95 regular with the recommendation that they played stiff.  When I got them they were too light and too whippy.  Had to sell them and buy another set with stiff steel, works much better for me. 

EF Dr
EF 3W
X2Hot 19 Hybrid
Apex CF16 4-W
SM7 54, 60
Golo 3