Can I handle the mmt105tx?

Hi guys,

I have a set of the mmt 105tx taper at home. Before I install them in my soon to be decided gamers I want to know if I could be out of my league?

I play modus 120x and they work well, maybe a bit spinny. I can handle px 6.5, dg120 x100 without a problem, I can play dg x100 as well but they kill my injured wrist. 

Is the mmt 105tx taper tip monster stiff or will they work for someone who swings a 7-iron around 88-90 on a controlled swing?

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally no experience with the mmt105TX however, my SS with a 7i is 90mph +, carry yardage around 165-170yds and I have not had great success with x100's. Switching to s300's really helped me with a bit higher ball flight. Just personal thoughts but it could also be my moderate transition/tempo. Could always install just one of the mmt's in a 7i and compare.

Supertri 9.5 degree with proforce V2 stiff
V Steel 3W stock stiff
R9 5W with White Tie stiff
Adams 3/4 hybrid with Red Tie stiff
Cleveland Tour Action 4-pw R400
Cleveland RTX4 54/60 S300
Scotty Circa 62

I think you'll be fine with the stiffness. I went from Modus 125 S to the MMT 105 TX earlier this year. At the time I was swinging a 7 iron around 84 MPH with a smooth transition and the MMT was a touch too stiff for my liking, which I kinda expected but still went with TX for the extra weight. Since taking lessons I've increased my 7 iron speed to the 88-90 range you mentioned, and the MMT's now feel fantastic with a nice little kick at impact.

[list]
[*]910D3 
[*]Cobra F7 3W
[*]Cobra F6 Baffler
[*]Cobra F8 4H
 [*]Srixon Z585/785 5-P
[*]Cleveland RTX4 50
[*]MD2 Tour Grind 56-11
[*]MD4 60-08
[/list]

31 minutes ago, Officer Droptank said:

I think you'll be fine with the stiffness. I went from Modus 125 S to the MMT 105 TX earlier this year. At the time I was swinging a 7 iron around 84 MPH with a smooth transition and the MMT was a touch too stiff for my liking, which I kinda expected but still went with TX for the extra weight. Since taking lessons I've increased my 7 iron speed to the 88-90 range you mentioned, and the MMT's now feel fantastic with a nice little kick at impact.

Perfect, the weight is why I went with the tx as well. I rarely swing hard at it, 88-90 mph is my controlled swing with a smooth tempo. 

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]