Favorite Jacket for 50 degrees and under

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mizuno Windlite. Not a jacket, but just plain awesome for chilly weather. 

I actually prefer a vest rather than a jacket good base layer is the key so much easier to swing

Not sure your budget, but I found a nice 32 Degree jacket at Costco, currently $19 on their website.    It it does have a hood, but what I really like is that the body is lightly insulated w

Posted Images

I have 2, one is an Adidas Clima-Warm i got online. It isnt bulky and lets you move in it nicely. It is for cold days. I also have a decathalon winter golf jacket, got it for 29.99 on sale it is nice and warm with no bulk. 

TM SIM Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
TM P790 6 Nippon Modus 3 130, Black 7-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM Milled Grind Satin 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

On 10/6/2020 at 3:42 PM, Mth said:

Are the Norse s2 jackets pretty true to size.  

I have a small and, to me, it's just a tad loose for my liking. It billows a bit in the chest when leaning over and the arms are just a bit long. I generally like my clothing more fitted. For reference I'm 5'6", 150 lbs. I also have a Galvin Green Lanza jacket in a small and I prefer the fit of that over the Ping Norse S2.

I'm guessing the GG is more of a European fit and the Ping is more of an American fit.   

On 10/6/2020 at 12:14 AM, kylesilk said:

How is the sizing on it?

True to size. I comfortably wear L in everything nike. 5'10 175. I'm able to wear it with a polo and base layer under it and not feel restricted. It's a hard pill to swallow but I feel it's worth it. Not sure about this year's but I can't see it going in the opposite direction. 

91087CAB-5833-480C-87E7-3C57DC97EC5C.jpeg.80795ed3d82213dedcec4d7674508b87.jpeg

E61699F0-D1C7-4422-A198-EE2304533D0A.jpeg.801aeae28856b8a53a325b47ae587771.jpeg

ping Norse S2 just arrived... must say I’m really impressed with pings packing. 

Fit- true American fit. But, the fabric is not as soft and stretchy as last years so it feels less roomy, but I’m sure the specs are close to the same.. seems a little longer but not noticeable unless measured. 

sleeves- the sleeves were really long last year so I sized down for this purchase and now the sleeves are perfect. 

warmth- this thing is HOT, something’s different. The previous year was a cool warmth feel because of the silk-ish lining, this years is sweating hot as soon as you put it on... seriously lightly sweating. 

looks- one killer looking jacket. Finally offered in black with a very modern aggressive looking stitch pattern. 20 times better then last years waved stitch pattern. 

all in all- very happy with this jacket and will surely wear on and off the course. Last years in navy was Strictly course wear only(I don’t look like a golfer off the course), but this years will be a every day light weight jacket. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/5/2020 at 7:52 PM, Chilidog said:

Genovega Unisex Heated Vest Without Battery, Washable Durable for Hiking, Hunting, Skiing, Motorcycling https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08FT1Y5NB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_hd7EFbQ4RCVQN

Everyone needs to know the power of the heated vest. It really will change your golfing life. You will he so warm you will find yourself unzipping it when it’s 40 degrees outside. I usually wear it with a long sleeve compression shirt, a polo and the vest and I’m super warm and unrestricted in my swing. 

This has me interested and I'm going to start doing my research on them.  I don't want anything too bulky.

Was wondering if you could feel the battery in the supplied pocket? Are they heavy? 

TM SIM 9 Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 X

TM P790 2 IRON UDI HZRDUS SMOKE 100 6.5

SRIXON 3-PW Z785 PROJECT X 6.5

TM MG2 BLACK 50,54,60 PROJECT X 6.5

TM MY SPIDER X BLACK 34"

TM TP5X

On 10/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, platgof said:

It is hard to find info on the battery. I want to know if it has a special battery??? Expensive, one of a kind?

No. These vests take a simple battery like this. I really like the vest I ordered with this battery. Really warm. 
Omars Power Bank 10000mAh USB C... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G26S5V8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

On 10/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, drn92 said:

Not sure your budget, but I found a nice 32 Degree jacket at Costco, currently $19 on their website. 

It it does have a hood, but what I really like is that the body is lightly insulated while the sides and arms are a stretch fleece fabric.  Plenty of stretch and range of motion for a golf swing, nice neutral colors, soft fabric, it definitely checked all my boxes for a late fall/winter jacket. I think this plus an Underarmour base layer will work all the way down to the high 30’s. 

drn92

I went and bought the jacket because of this post. Is costco paying you? Mine doesn't have a hood but I will be rocking this when it gets cold. On a side note, it looks almost just like the ping jacket a few posts up. 

https://www.amazon.com/32-DEGREES-Mixed-Jacket-X-Large/dp/B07XB3BD1P/

Edited by wkndhckr
3 hours ago, wkndhckr said:

I went and bought the jacket because of this post. Is costco paying you? Mine doesn't have a hood but I will be rocking this when it gets cold. On a side note, it looks almost just like the ping jacket a few posts up. 

https://www.amazon.com/32-DEGREES-Mixed-Jacket-X-Large/dp/B07XB3BD1P/

Ahh, I like that one also. I hope it works for you, I a more excited to use mine this winter. 

drn92

Yoko windstopper cross country ski jacket.

I have found cross country ski jackets make excellent golf jackets. Usually lightweight but windproof, tight fitting while allowing for a great range of motion in the arms and shoulders. 

Also can sometimes find for cheaper than a lot of golf specific stuff. 

IMG_20201014_133905463_HDR.jpg

I ended up going with the the Sunice Hamilton Hybrid jacket and I love it. Just gave it a run in about 35-50F degrees this past weekend and it was great. Warm and I loved the sleeves with stretch. Had a record for GIR in any weather and best score in the cold by far. 

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Rogue Black 110MSI 70TS | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 5-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7 | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

On 10/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, DaltonSTL said:

Sounds like the Ping norse is a winner. I have read about the Mizuno Windlite alot, but they arent made anymore. Has anyone found something similar or the newer version?

I've had great luck with the lined footjoy sweater. The inner liner is pretty good against the wind. I usually pair that up with a good thermal underlayer and I'm good into the upper 20's. Paired with a nce set of thermal jean from eddie bauer or LL bean and I'm good. (If jeans on the course are't against your personal style).

Second the Nike Aeroloft suggestion. Have the aerolayer from a few years back and last years aeroloft vest and both are more than warm enough for New England winter golf. Can combine with a light quarter zip or something for layering if needed but I've had a few times where I've been so warm in the aerolayer I had to take it off for a few holes.

Mizuno ST190G 8.5° Diamana BF 60TX

Taylormade M6 15° Tensei PW 70TX

Taylormade 2019 P790 UDI Tensei PW 100TX

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 DG X100

Mizuno MP-33 6-PW Nippon SPB X

Taylormade MG2 52°,56° Nippon SPB X

Taylormade Hi Toe Raw Face 60° Nippon SPB X

Odyssey ProType 2 Black