2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Anyone buying PXG BlackJack putter?

PingPoncho

On 11/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, SEP1006 said:

Well as much as I love ( or maybe wanting to ) this putter it is just to light for my liking. If the extra weights don't make the head as heavy as I like I'll be going back to my Gunboat H. Which is definitely not a bad thing as I can putt lights out with that. 

Dam golf, always thinking the "grass is greener on there other side". But that's also what makes this so much fun!!!!!

Weights came in and man what a difference. Distance control is now very consistent and the Armlock method is MONEY!!!

Looks like the Gunboat H will stay on the bench.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 Red w/White Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Mine shipped and should arrive today. $100 shipping and it was sent FedEx 2 days. 

Will play 9 before it gets dark. I asked them to not install the grip as I'm not sure which one I will game but there's the stock sink fit skinny in the box incase. 

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

2 hours ago, Kamen said:

Mine shipped and should arrive today. $100 shipping and it was sent FedEx 2 days. 

Will play 9 before it gets dark. I asked them to not install the grip as I'm not sure which one I will game but there's the stock sink fit skinny in the box incase. 

They're profiting off shipping costs. Kind of annoys me, but whatever. Putter better perform. 

Putter arrived today. Put on my Gravity Grip and tried it out. Feels nice and profile is low. 

In comparison to my mini gunboat which I've been playing all year: I feel the blackjack is softer off the face and I need more power to get the ball going the same distance.

Will need to get used to it, but so far looks very nice in person. It's just the smallish mallet profile that suits my eye. 

Not sure how long the headcover will hold up but it does look nice. The cover for my mini gunboat is all worn along the edges after a summer of playing and I'm always careful with my belongings. 

Hard to say which is better. I like both but eventually I think I'll just keep one.

IMG_20201106_163936.jpg

IMG_20201106_163952.jpg

Edited by Kamen
  • Like 1

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

57 minutes ago, Kamen said:

I need more power to get the ball going the same distance.

I felt the same thing coming from the Gunboat H. I changed the weights out to 4 x 20 gram and it solved that problem.

58 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

I felt the same thing coming from the Gunboat H. I changed the weights out to 4 x 20 gram and it solved that problem.

Are those the heavier weights then? I'll give it a few rounds before I make any changes. 

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

39 minutes ago, Baroo said:

Just curious for those who have ordered, how long did it take to receive the putter?  2 weeks?

1.5 weeks for me. They quoted after Nov 12 (almost 3 weeks) but it arrived today for me so it came a week sooner than expected. 

Under-promising and over-delivered there was appreciated; especially when almost everything is covid delayed. 

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

8 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I ordered on a semi-drunken halloween. Club shipped yesterday. Should be here in several days since they shipped it ground after charging $30 for shipping.

Thanks, I ordered an armlock around the same and in the same state of sobriety, they are saying Nov 12 it will be assembled, fingers crossed it's an under promise over deliver....

29 minutes ago, Baroo said:

Thanks, I ordered an armlock around the same and in the same state of sobriety, they are saying Nov 12 it will be assembled, fingers crossed it's an under promise over deliver....

It will be. Mine first said 11/13 for assembly. 2 days later it updated and was being assembled. 

Well as mentioned in another post I ordered the new One and Done putter in an armlock version. Just REALLY like the aiming aids on the top and the fact that the mallet is a little closer to the size of my Gunboat H.

Blackjack will probably be posted in the BST in a couple of days. Like it and got it dialed in but man the One and Done looks awesome and I definitely don't need 3 x PXG Putters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

Well as mentioned in another post I ordered the new One and Done putter in an armlock version. Just REALLY like the aiming aids on the top and the fact that the mallet is a little closer to the size of my Gunboat H.

Blackjack will probably be posted in the BST in a couple of days. Like it and got it dialed in but man the One and Done looks awesome and I definitely don't need 3 x PXG Putters.

Sweet. Maybe I will join you and sell the mini gunboat hahaha

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

10 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

So I got mine yesterday. Put the jumbomax flat 17 on it. Went to the course today and made a bunch of putts. But the feel is off a bit. I think I need the heavier weights. I went stock weight. If you are listing the putter maybe you want to sell me the 4-20g weights? I do love this putter after day one. So easy to line up and make putts. Thanks for all of your input. 

Edited by airworden
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, airworden said:

So I got mine yesterday. Put the jumbomax flat 17 on it. Went to the course today and made a bunch of putts. But the feel is off a bit. I think I need the heavier weights. I went stock weight. If you are listing the putter maybe you want to sell me the 4-20g weights? I do love this putter after day one. So easy to line up and make putts. Thanks for all of your input. 

Going to hang on to the weights in case I need them for the One and Done.

The Jumbomax Flat 17" makes all the difference in the world doesn't it. So easy to just press against the forearm and rock the shoulders.

3 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

Going to hang on to the weights in case I need them for the One and Done.

The Jumbomax Flat 17" makes all the difference in the world doesn't it. So easy to just press against the forearm and rock the shoulders.

Absolutely. That grip is amazing. I am now considering going all jumbomax grips. Just not sure what size to get. 

Edited by airworden

Talked to PXG yesterday. They have any weights you need. I bought some weights for my hybrid. $6 for two weights. Picking them up today. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

My blackjack came in today. Initial thoughts (I got the plumber's neck hosel) 

1. I love the smaller profile. The longer, front to back, a putter is, the more I tend to follow it with my eyes. I barely notice the alignment line mid stroke. That's a huge plus.

2. The feel.off the face seems perfect. Will withhold judgement until I get on a real green. But it's firm, unlike the spider insert.

3. Forgiveness seems to be a touch less than spider tour. But I also haven't dialed in the weight. 380g is way too heavy for me. 340g is too light. 360g is too heavy. I need to get the 2.5g weights and plug them in to see what happens. I may also try two 5g weights in the back with none in the front. Originally thought I would just add 5-10g lead tape to the head but there's no spot the tape can be added that wouldn't be visible. Backweighting increases the forgiveness in the little bit of testing I have been able to do (20g back and no weight in front ports).

4. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is that the putter has very little toe hang. I figured it would have about as much as the spider tour L neck, but it has less. It looks like about 10 degrees of toe hang and I was really hoping for about 20. Will see what this means for stroke tendency on a real.green after o get the weight dialed in.

Edited by getitdaily
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Do they sell individual weights?

For Gen2 putters they sell in pairs. $19 I think. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

51 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Cool. I'll give them a call. Pairs is fine. Think I just need 2x5g for the rear ports on this blackjack and it might be perfect. 2x10g in the back ports (front ports empty) just feels a bit heavy

I was told it comes with 2x5g and 2x10g. I bought 2x5g so I can have it at its lightest with weights installed. Is that not right?

Also, I have no idea if it would mess anything else up, but if you wanted to up the toe hang, you could put a 10g in the outer rear port and leave the other three empty. That would give you more toe hang and the right overall weight.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 UST Recoil 95x

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

17 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

I was told it comes with 2x5g and 2x10g. I bought 2x5g so I can have it at its lightest with weights installed. Is that not right?

Also, I have no idea if it would mess anything else up, but if you wanted to up the toe hang, you could put a 10g in the outer rear port and leave the other three empty. That would give you more toe hang and the right overall weight.

No and no.

The lightest weight is 340. That's with no weights in the head. Next is 350. That's with 4x2.5g. Then 360 - 4x5g. 380 - 4x10g. 420 - 4x20g. 

Of course you can mix and match weights and I may go 2x2.5g front and 2x5g back. Or may just go 2x5g back. Ugh, I already hate this putter...lol 

No on the toe hang. Tried that today. No dice. I think they made the plumber's neck hosel too long. Needs to be shorter like the spider tour plumber's neck. 

On 11/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, Kamen said:

Putter arrived today. Put on my Gravity Grip and tried it out. Feels nice and profile is low. 

In comparison to my mini gunboat which I've been playing all year: I feel the blackjack is softer off the face and I need more power to get the ball going the same distance.

Will need to get used to it, but so far looks very nice in person. It's just the smallish mallet profile that suits my eye. 

Not sure how long the headcover will hold up but it does look nice. The cover for my mini gunboat is all worn along the edges after a summer of playing and I'm always careful with my belongings. 

Hard to say which is better. I like both but eventually I think I'll just keep one.

IMG_20201106_163936.jpg

IMG_20201106_163952.jpg

This dang slant neck is killing me. I want one. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I just got fitted for the new Black Jack on Tuesday.   I have the mini gunboat but was playing the Odyssey Ten the last month or so.   As soon as i seen the putter (Without hitting it) I know i was in trouble because it has the smaller footprint over the Odyssey.    Once the fitter loaded up the weight (~380g) with my double bend shaft - it was rolling the ball so smooth and the feel was spot on.    I think PXG putters feel so good and my Odyssey Ten will be handed down to my kids or sold once I receive it.   

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

Just saw and putter with this today at PXG HQ and it is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. You guys said it was, but seeing it in person was different. It’s not a bad thing, I actually like the size.

I only putted a handful of balls with it and really love the slant neck. Currently using a slant neck Spider X. I used a Gen2 Gunboat for over a year and used to the milled PXG putters and a big fan. I could game this very easily and might have picked one up, but my expensive Gen3 iron mistake is killing me. 

Oh, and the Blackjack does have a little

competition with the One and Done. Loved that one too. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

7 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Just saw and putter with this today at PXG HQ and it is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. You guys said it was, but seeing it in person was different. It’s not a bad thing, I actually like the size.

I only putted a handful of balls with it and really love the slant neck. Currently using a slant neck Spider X. I used a Gen2 Gunboat for over a year and used to the milled PXG putters and a big fan. I could game this very easily and might have picked one up, but my expensive Gen3 iron mistake is killing me. 

Oh, and the Blackjack does have a little

competition with the One and Done. Loved that one too. 

One and done have same feel of the face as blackjack?