2021 TaylorMade P790 Release

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The P790 just hit a year old, I would hardly call that "overdue" for an upgrade.

I've seen or heard nothing, so I was considering these clubs I wouldn't be holding off on purchasing.   When they are updated I expect a visual refresh to bring the aesthetic closer to the P

I've seen or heard nothing, so I was considering these clubs I wouldn't be holding off on purchasing.

When they are updated I expect a visual refresh to bring the aesthetic closer to the P770.  In terms of performance I expect the 2021's to be identical to the 2017 and 2019's. 

Those considering the P790 should be seriously looking at the 921 Forged, HMP, HMB, Forged TEC and T200, all of which performed better for me than the P790. Wilson Forged also a sleeper but I haven't hit it myself. 

Edited by bombs
  • Like 1

d: G410+ | f: M3 |  h: Epic | i: 921 Tour | w: T-20 | p: SpiderX

Hope they dont make it uglier like the Ti model. I still game my 2017 and love them.

TM M5 Tour 430 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM Milled Grind Satin 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved my 2017 p790 but had the dreaded long shot out of the blue. This drove me crazy, So I sold them and and I am waiting for the p770's. Other than that they were best irons i ever hit. My 7 iron went about 165 on avg but every round i would get the long one about 175-180 shot and over shooting greens into water or trees. Ruined some good rounds

While I know for good ballstrikers, the 2017 and 2019 are quite comparable, I've read anecdotally the 2019 is more forgiving. Any truth to this? 

I have the 2017s, and like them, but also wouldn't mind a bit more forgiveness if they have it. If they update the 790 to look more in line with the P770s - I've been saying since 2017 I wish it didn't have that 790 badge so it would look cleaner, and they came out with the 770 but with a slightly different shape -  can definitely wait! But it's way too early for speculation at this point.