2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x

The new VI is AMAZING.

I've been playing the AVX exclusively the last 2 seasons. My game has changed a bit since then and I was craving more spin into greens, but I didn't want to lose the soft feel.

Put the new V1 into play yesterday and won't be looking back anytime soon. I could do whatever I wanted with this golf ball, and it feels JUST AS SOFT as the AVX did off of every club. I actually increased some distance in the long game, mid irons flew about the same, and the wedges had about twice as much spin.

TITLEIST KNOCKED THIS ONE OUT OF THE PARK

• Like 4

Titleist 917 D2 10.5* (9.75*) Diamana D+
Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+
Titleist U510 18* HZRDUS Black Smoke
Titleist U510 21* HZRDUS Black Smoke
Titleist 718 AP1 5-GW i95 Steelfiber
Titleist SM7 52.8F
Titleist SM7 56.10S
2013 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 (Black Mist) - 34"
2021 Titleist ProV1

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a sleeve of each the new Pro V1 and the Pro V1x today. I tested them each on a Trackman and below will be my results as best I can tell you.  I tested them against the old Pro V1 (not the old X)

I bought the new ProV1 today.  Here is my review.  Walking up to the register the box of the new ProVs felt softer than last years box.  Strolling to my car, the new ProVs moved back and forth in the

Well it took about 20 years to increase from $40/dozen to $50/dozen. So a best guess would be they'll hit $75/dozen along about the year 2070 and $100/dozen some time in the early 22nd century.  

Posted Images

On 3/21/2021 at 10:28 PM, nsxguy said:

Where do they get them ?

Does Titleist keep a stash of thousands of dozens of each older model just for the pros that may want to keep using them ?

Surely Titleist doesn't keep making them, just in a much lower volume - or do they ?

They still make them. I went on the Titleist trip with WRX a couple years ago and they still make the older versions of the balls that are in use by certain tour players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade Sim 10.5 GD AD IZ 7X 

Taylormade Sim TI 15 GD AD DI 7X

Taylormade Sim 2 Max HYB 19 Tensei AV Raw Blue X

Titleist U500 Project X Evenflow white 90 6.0

Srixon Z785 5-7 Nippon Modus 105S Hardstepped 

Srixon Z forged 8-PW Nippon Modus 105S Hardstepped

Cleveland RTX4 50 @ 49.5 Oban CT Steel 115

Taylormade Hi Toe 54 58 KBS $ Taper Black (S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist Pro V1 Yellow

I’m swapping to the X this year for the first time. The New V1 feels like a bit of plastic to me.

I have always been between the 2 versions, liking aspects of both. However the new X seems to be easier to hit low with the medium/short irons and wedges than previous versions. 

Sim 2 Max 10.5 @ 11.25 - Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage 60X
3 Wood - Titleist TSI 2 - 15 degree - Tensei CK Blue 75X

Titleist 816 H2 - 21 (C1) Aldila Rogue Black 85X 
Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1X 2021

Still loving the V1.  Cuts thru wind better than any ball I can remember.  

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

Tried the new 2021 Prov1 X the other day. Used to play the older version but there's no doubt these feel so much better.
Softer feel off irons and putter. Went to the forged Srixon 785 irons last season and the old balls never felt this good. Older ones were clicky. This ball was a joy to hit and get that "buttery forged" feedback.
On a colder day it was noticeable...and totally unexpected. cool.png

Can't comment on distance comparables as it wasn't a good weather day for that.
Ball was responsive off the driver to low, medium and high flight.

FORE!!!

oops--- computer problems 

Edited by Forged5

Ping G410 Plus Driver 9.5* - Alta CB s
Ping G425 5 wood (16.5*)- Alta CB s
Ping G425 7 wood (tbd*) - Alta CB s
Ping G425 4 hybrid (tbd*) - Alta CB s
Srixon Z 785 irons A-5 - NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 s 
Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
Bettinardi Queen B6

PROV1 x yellow 
“ 6 hcp and going down!!! 60 years old and going up!!!” Lol

I’m a big fan of the 2019 TP5x but only have a dozen or so left, don’t get on with the 21 version and with titleist deals currently can save almost £10 a dozen in the uk by switching to Titleist.

Decided to buy 2 dozen left dash today at £35 a dozen (almost £10 less than the 2019 TP5x)  but also bought 12 Dozen 21 Pro V1 on the loyalty rewarded scheme which I await delivery of. (Don’t allow left dash on loyalty rewarded in UK)

Will be comparing them and go from there but think the left dash will be the winner for me having watched TXG videos but I will see for myself on trackman.

Got someone I can trade 2021 Pro V1’s for left dash with so at least I have a decent stock pile to switch over to the left dash for the season. 

Edited by rusty380

Finally, got to try the new ProV1x, yesterday.  

Given the promo flying around, I was surprised.  I thought it was going to be too much for me.  Fact was I liked the results better than new ProV1.  Whether that remains to be the case only time will tell.  Can't say it spins more that ProV1, but spin yesterday helped me a few times into greens.  I surely wasn't higher than ProV1, for me, about the same, but it's higher that AVX.  My walk away after 18 holes, it feels and looks mighty good in the air.

EDIT: I have had DASH -ProV1x in play the last two rds.  For my ball striking, it's longer yet reliably spins on the greens, just like ProV1x.  NO durability issues either, gotta hit it solid though. YEP, better so bought a box.

Edited by Pepperturbo
UPDATE
  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei AV White "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • Dash-ProV1x, AVX, ProV1

Ordered some using the sale for my brother on 4/10. Custom number, with (stock) logo from their library. 

Out for delivery today. "May take a few weeks for delivery" down to "yeah, within a week." 

--kC

Edited by Imp

Callaway Mavrik 9* Fujikura Pro2.0 6.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Srixon ZX5 Irons / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*, Balls by Snell.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:21 PM, Pepperturbo said:

Finally, got to try the new ProV1x, yesterday.  

Given the promo flying around, I was surprised.  I thought it was going to be too much for me.  Fact was I liked the results better than new ProV1.  Whether that remains to be the case only time will tell.  Can't say it spins more that ProV1, but spin yesterday helped me a few times into greens.  I surely wasn't higher than ProV1, for me, about the same, but it's higher that AVX.  My walk away after 18 holes, it feels and looks mighty good in the air.

In past years there was an obvious difference (to me) in shot height with Pro V1x flying a good bit higher. Based on my own head to head tryout of the 2021 versions, I'd say there might be a little height difference but not enough to show up with my weak swing. And I'd say it's that the Pro V1 now flies higher with Pro V1x being about the same as before.

I did still fell like 2021 Pro V1x spins a little more on wedges and short irons than 2021 Pro V1. 

I did a test of V1 vs V1x vs Left Dash V1x

I have played the V1x the last few years.  V1 always seems to soft to me.

Going with the LD V1x.  Feel is as good as V1x, but lower spin off the driver and longer irons.  

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
20* Callaway XR Pro Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Taylormade Milled Grind Antique Bronze 54 and 58 w/ Modus Tour 120
Putter: Stoke Lab Double Wide Arm Lock

Ball: -ProV1x

17 minutes ago, Ereim said:

Playing the 2021 Pro V1 this season.... The cover is definitely not as durable as last years from what I can tell. Anyone else have the same experience?

I've been playing them quite a bit the last 3 or 4 months and haven't noticed anything unusual. No damage at all unless I hit a tree or a cart path.

Then again my SS with the driver is a puny 95 or so. shrug.gif

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

1 hour ago, Ereim said:

Playing the 2021 Pro V1 this season.... The cover is definitely not as durable as last years from what I can tell. Anyone else have the same experience?

I haven't had any durability issues with mine yet.   Only damage I have seen is from the cart path.

dae24829a6e9e6e1f63896ed9ce49ac5.png.33b7b37354204d714b19b7ee6b973471.png

TSi3    8° Driver   Fujikura Ventus Black 60-X

TSi3    15° 3 Wood   Graphite Design AD-HD 80X

U500   2 Iron  Graphite Design AD 95-X

T100S  4-9  Nippon Pro Modus3 120X

Vokey SM8   46.10F   50.12F  54.12D  60.14K  Pro Modus3 Wedge 125X

Scotty Cameron  2021 Phantom X 5.5

ProV1 (#86)

A few bunker shots, maybe a cart path or tree and I can find some signs of wear on a 2021 Pro V1. Can't recall having to retire one in the middle of a round but once. That was due to hitting a bunker shot where a little chip of gravel was between the wedge and ball. Put a bruise on the ball and a gouge on the face of the wedge.

But other than that I've always made it through one round and sometimes through two or three before finding any real issues with a Pro V1. About what I recall from previous year versions.

P.S. About 10 years ago when the Srixon Z-Star XV first came out I tried them for a while. Talk about a durable ball! I don't know that I ever managed to do any visible damage to one. I'd play them for 3-4 rounds until they lost and whoever found them probably thought they were one-hit wonders. Remarkable.

2 hours ago, DREWZER300 said:

I haven't had any durability issues with mine yet.   Only damage I have seen is from the cart path.

4 hours ago, nsxguy said:

I've been playing them quite a bit the last 3 or 4 months and haven't noticed anything unusual. No damage at all unless I hit a tree or a cart path.

Then again my SS with the driver is a puny 95 or so. shrug.gif

🤷🏻‍♂️ Only about 110 on driver SS. I’ve had to retire them after 18 holes each time. 

Don’t think I’ve hit any cart paths, but maybe a tree limb in one of my rounds. I’m on sleeve 3 of my first box already since getting the 4 for 3 box deal. Kind of nervous as I have new wedges being put into play tomorrow.

Played yellow Pro V1’s all season last year, this year I switched to White Pro V1’s.

Titleist, Taylormade, Miura, Vokey, Odyssey

12 hours ago, Ereim said:

Have tried both and will continue to play the Pro-V1x for it's higher launch angle and higher spin.

Yes! Both new balls are definitely less durable than the previous versions. It's not uncommon to find tiny pieces of dirt or sand stuck in the cover when you get to the green, mark your ball and pick it up to clean it before putting. Seems to happen more often when the grass is wet and the ball has picked up some dirt. The impact of the clubface against the ball drives these microscopic pieces of sand or dirt into the cover material.

Also, it seems to show some bruising or abrasions sometimes.

By the end of the round, if I still have it, the ball is a mess and I retire it to my short game shag bag instead of teeing off with it the next time I play.

Edited by TTCarrera
7 hours ago, TTCarrera said:

Have tried both and will continue to play the Pro-V1x for it's higher launch angle and higher spin.

Yes! Both new balls are definitely less durable than the previous versions. It's not uncommon to find tiny pieces of dirt or sand stuck in the cover when you get to the green, mark your ball and pick it up to clean it before putting. Seems to happen more often when the grass is wet and the ball has picked up some dirt. The impact of the clubface against the ball drives these microscopic pieces of sand or dirt into the cover material.

Also, it seems to show some bruising or abrasions sometimes.

By the end of the round, if I still have it, the ball is a mess and I retire it to my short game shag bag instead of teeing off with it the next time I play.

I don't notice anything I'd call damage or abrasions but since switching to the 2021 Pro V1 I do notice a tendency to get spots where a mud stain is almost impossible to totally remove. Maybe my eyes aren't good enough but I can't see any grit embedded in the ball. It's just like sometimes when the mud is cleaned off there's a ground-in discoloration or stain left behind.

Thankfully, I haven't seen that the last few rounds. Winter is finally over and I'm not hitting every single shot off mud or dirt or wet ground!

I’m not seeing any durability issues with V1. I did a wedge gapping session on GC Quad and pitching/chipping practice with new T20 Raw wedges and the ball held up great. I used the same ball the entire session and it looks darn good. 

Callaway Epic Speed 💎💎💎 10.5° driver Tensei Pro Blue 60S

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5° driver Tensei Pro Blue 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120S 

Mizuno T20 Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120S 

Mizuno T20 Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 

Titleist Pro V1

I would ask them about that. That's a BIT off there. Not only in the line spacing, but the angle appears skewed a degree or two also.

My order... 

PXL_20210422_105436861.jpg

Edited by Imp
  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9* Fujikura Pro2.0 6.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Srixon ZX5 Irons / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*, Balls by Snell.

6 minutes ago, North Butte said:

Yeah, that extra half-millimeter of space between the logo and number is bound to make the ball hook. Or maybe slice, depending on whether you tee it logo up or logo down. 🙄

a) it’s more like 1.5mm

b) it will as the red ink will travel slightly slower than the black in so will cause an imbalance

c) I was being facetious 

d) b is facetious

e) I thought others may find it ‘interesting’

f) if it was a stock ball that came out like this they would stamp it PRACTICE and sell it to me for half the price 

• Like 2

Exactly f. It's not up to the standards expected from T, nor the quality they are a) known for b) they tout over and over. 

I would have a chat with them about it in the least. See what they say.

5 minutes ago, Imp said:

Exactly f. It's not up to the standards expected from T, nor the quality they are a) known for b) they tout over and over. 

I would have a chat with them about it in the least. See what they say.

Yeah I've asked the guys I ordered from to contact Titleist and see what happens. Just kinda puts you off the overall QC process.

Also just noticed the one letter in the name on the side of the Ball hasn't printed cleanly - this is being very picky, but again shows something is up somewhere. 

Side Note: I much prefer this years side stamp to last years. Looks crisp.

Very separate note: I wish the AVX had a dark green number.

6 hours ago, Re*Ax said:

Just received my custom order, and immediately recoiled in horror at what I saw.

over dramatic maybe but check out this years on the left, and last years on the right...yes passive brag about beating my Pb....

7AA65824-8691-483B-B5A8-3870F53E66D1.jpeg

My record high nine was 51 last year - you must have been playing it some really tough conditions. 

1 minute ago, Re*Ax said:

When you snap hook 6 irons like me, all conditions are tough

😀

As for the ball, looks like you got the special model that wants to 'go low' right out of the box.

Have to say I didn't notice the 'issue' the first time I looked. If it was my order I don't think I would have even seen it. 

10 hours ago, Re*Ax said:

Just received my custom order, and immediately recoiled in horror at what I saw.

over dramatic maybe but check out this years on the left, and last years on the right...yes passive brag about beating my Pb....

7AA65824-8691-483B-B5A8-3870F53E66D1.jpeg

thats a heck of a 9 holes! Keep grinding! 🙃🙃🙃

Edited by Brooks Cupcake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1