Jump to content

2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a sleeve of each the new Pro V1 and the Pro V1x today. I tested them each on a Trackman and below will be my results as best I can tell you.  I tested them against the old Pro V1 (not the old X)

I’ll take a stab at it:   Longer, softer, more spin, new side stamp. 

I really like the new alignment aid. Looks really clean. 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

Yes that my concern too. I hopefully the 2021 offering is the holy grail from what I am looking for.

I'm convinced that the firm feel/sound is what kept what is now Left Dash from coming to market en masse in 2017 when it was one of the prototypes under consideration. I can see where the firmness is a deal breaker for some/many, but if you can get past that it offers performance attributes that can't be found elsewhere.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I'm convinced that the firm feel/sound is what kept what is now Left Dash from coming to market en masse in 2017 when it was one of the prototypes under consideration. I can see where the firmness is a deal breaker for some/many, but if you can get past that it offers performance attributes that can't be found elsewhere.

Just talking out of my bottom....

 

As far as I can surmise, the X has a firm core and soft cover, the left dash has firm core and firm cover. I think what I would love is the softer core of the V1 with firmer cover of the left dash. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @bcflyguy1.  The angles on the dimples appear more pronounced.  Not sure what that does.  Just hope Titleist doesn't go messing around too much with the ProV1 line.  I like ProV1 and AVX, even play ProV1x on hot days.  Don't want to jump brands because the new balls feel wrong.

  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 TENSEI AV White AM(2) "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do they tour seed these golf balls?  Are they really going to get feedback from pro players to modify the end product amateurs get?  If anything, I would think they would make some tour only balls if they really had gripes.

Edited by jons1
  • Like 1

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2019 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jons1 said:

Why do they tour seed these golf balls?  Are they really going to get feedback from pro players to modify the end product amateurs get?  If anything, I would think they would make some tour only balls if they really has gripes.

 

Historically, yes they do tweak the balls based on feedback. Titleist  does allot of R and D with the pros and many of the 'Tour Only' balls become in large part a future production ball. 

 

Titleist also sends unbranded balls to regular golfers for feedback that is used for the final versions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment I have several each of the Pro V1x and Left Dash Pro V1x in my golf bag. I usually stick to one or the other for a few weeks at a stretch but lately they've gotten mixed together in the big ball pocket.

 

Last weekend I had three irons shots go much farther than I expected, ending up over the green. Two 7-irons that flew at least 150 yards (usually a 7-iron maxes out at 145 and only that when I catch it flush) and I hit a 9-iron (usually just over 120 yards) that flew 130, landed in the back fringe and one-hopped into the rough.

 

When that third shot happened, the one with the 9-iron, I just about lost my temper. I told one of the guys I was playing with, "That's it. It will be a cold day in hell before I play that Left Dash again".

 

You can probably guess the Rest Of The Story. I went to put the ball back in my bag and checked the logo...it was a regular Pro V1x. I'd been thinking all day I was hitting the Left Dash a club longer and that wasn't even what I had in play. 

 

Guess I'll have to blame myself and not the ball. D'Oh. Heck, I wish I could count on hitting 9-irons from 130 and 7-irons from 150+. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I missed it but what is the expected release date for the 2021 balls?  Do we have to wait until after the big PGA show (if there even IS a big PGA show this year)?

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Edel E3
Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

Clicgear 4.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to getting a sleeve of the regular Pro V1:s in my bag, to test 

them against the 2017 and 2019 models. Sight line is clearly a step forward

and I agree, dimples looks more pronounced on the new model, I hope they're

sticking to the cast urethane, it feels more premium and less plastic than

injection molded urethane, used by some of their competitors.

 

I'll stick to Pro V1:s or Pro V1x:s, as they are consistent and reliable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Titleist, Please do not screw up the ProV1x Left Dash!!!!!! Leave it alone. Lower spin, lower flight ProV1x that feels firm. The Ball is a Legend.

  • Like 2

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Any new info about the ball?

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2019 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 12:15 PM, TLUBulldogGolf said:

 

It's noticeably firmer for sure, to the point where it sounds different. I like the flight but I'm not a fan of the feel, mainly off the putter. 

You think the 2021 ball is firmer? I was under the impression, from Greg Chalmers, that the 2021 ball is a lot softer. 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 Hybrid 18* (DI-95X)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

You think the 2021 ball is firmer? I was under the impression, from Greg Chalmers, that the 2021 ball is a lot softer. 

 

haven't played the 2021 ball, this was in reference to the current left dash ProV1x. 

  • Like 1

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist 917 F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 100-X
Mizuno MP-69 3-PW PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 54* S PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 60* M PX 6.0
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ IOmic

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t play the 19 version as I still had plenty of the 17 V’s, I have always played the V over the X.
 

I am confused now as to which version to try? The softness of the ball is not so important, it’s the spin and trajectory. The Titleist ball selector is saying left dash. 
 

Has anyone else had made a similar switch?

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bye said:

I didn’t play the 19 version as I still had plenty of the 17 V’s, I have always played the V over the X.
 

I am confused now as to which version to try? The softness of the ball is not so important, it’s the spin and trajectory. The Titleist ball selector is saying left dash. 
 

Has anyone else had made a similar switch?

All else equal, the Left Dash will be higher trajectory and likely longer than the V1. How much longer will depend on what kind of speed you have, but Left Dash seems to have a gear at the long end of the bag that nothing else on the market can match. That comes with the trade-off of firm feel, of course, but if that's not a deal breaker then "Bob's your Uncle."

  • Thanks 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

All else equal, the Left Dash will be higher trajectory and likely longer than the V1. How much longer will depend on what kind of speed you have, but Left Dash seems to have a gear at the long end of the bag that nothing else on the market can match. That comes with the trade-off of firm feel, of course, but if that's not a deal breaker then "Bob's your Uncle."

That’s great, thank you fir this. Any idea spin wise? I have seen the video comparing X to left dash, but can’t find anything comparing V to the left dash.
 

I don’t like the idea of the V being lower spin, but I can see why they made the change.

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spin differences are perhaps the most difficult to predict and most player dependent, but I doubt you'd see a difference between the two emerge that would overcome the signal to noise ratio. Does that make sense?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Spin differences are perhaps the most difficult to predict and most player dependent, but I doubt you'd see a difference between the two emerge that would overcome the signal to noise ratio. Does that make sense?

Yes it does, thanks again. Will probably give both a go and do some on course testing.

 

all the best.

  • Like 1

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 11:27 AM, Bye said:

That’s great, thank you fir this. Any idea spin wise? I have seen the video comparing X to left dash, but can’t find anything comparing V to the left dash.
 

I don’t like the idea of the V being lower spin, but I can see why they made the change.

 

when txg tested the spin was lower on the left dash, but for mere mortals that test it, typically the spin differences off a driver are negligible.  It is, however, lower on the irons.  If you want to kill some spin on the irons, the left dash is the ball for you among the premium balls.  AVX kills even more, but that ball is a different animal.  Left dash is like the prov1x on steroids.  It's not for everyone, but if it's for you, you'll like it.

 

The 2021 balls have nothing to do with the left dash and the left dash won't be changed.  However, not sure how long the left dash will be made.

Edited by jons1

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2019 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

They look clean and I get Titleist loves their conservative old style which is beautiful in its own way, but they are going to be lagging adopters at this point in the innovation line. They need to make a Pix or Truvis competitor ASAP because I bet it would sell off like a firesale if the design was good. Like imagine a bunch of Titleist "T's" as an all over graphic. I'd be playing that ball for sure with definite certainty!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jons1 said:

 

when txg tested the spin was lower on the left dash, but for mere mortals that test it, typically the spin differences off a driver are negligible.  It is, however, lower on the irons.  If you want to kill some spin on the irons, the left dash is the ball for you among the premium balls.  AVX kills even more, but that ball is a different animal.  Left dash is like the prov1x on steroids.  It's not for everyone, but if it's for you, you'll like it.

 

The 2021 balls have nothing to do with the left dash and the left dash won't be changed.  However, not sure how long the left dash will be made.

Some on course testing to be done, probably with all 3 versions.

 

 

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bye said:

Some on course testing to be done, probably with all 3 versions.

 

 

I took my Mevo out on the course and tested the left dash against the ProV and found similar things to TXG. It does a great job of taking spin off, but too much for me on those shots from 50y and in. I'm going to be switching back to a higher spin ball for better short game control.

 

Driver had a couple of obvious misreads on spin so I won't include the driver numbers (I find this typical for Mevo when hitting driver). Ball speed for all were in the 165-168mph range. They're pretty close off the tee but left dash can definitely bump ball speed up a little. Biggest difference is wedges and low iron spin rates - I get about an extra club out of the left dash.

 

Wedges were a difference of 2000+ rpm:

*these were out of good lies in the first cut, dry club and ball

left dash - 94y, ball 84.1, spin 7220 (club 74.4)

proV - 90y, ball 84.6, spin 10051 (club 75.3)

 

50* - fairway

left dash - carry 124, ball 99.5, spin 8379, launch 30.9, height 113

proV - carry 127, ball 100, spin 10388, launch 24, height 89

The flight on these wedges were noticeably different. Much better with the ProV1.

 

9i - fairway

left dash - carry 157, ball 114, spin 6226, launch 21.7

proV - carry 147, ball 112.4, spin 9060, launch 21.4

 

7i - tee

left dash - carry 184, ball 124.5, spin 4247, launch 16.4

proV - carry 176, ball 127, spin 6934, launch 15.1

  • Like 2

SIM 9° Diamana D+ LTD 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
TaylorMade TP UDI 3i- Recoil 110 F5

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S
SM8 58M
Scotty Studio Stainless NP2 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mmack067 said:

I took my Mevo out on the course and tested the left dash against the ProV and found similar things to TXG. It does a great job of taking spin off, but too much for me on those shots from 50y and in. I'm going to be switching back to a higher spin ball for better short game control.

 

Driver had a couple of obvious misreads on spin so I won't include the driver numbers (I find this typical for Mevo when hitting driver). Ball speed for all were in the 165-168mph range. They're pretty close off the tee but left dash can definitely bump ball speed up a little. Biggest difference is wedges and low iron spin rates - I get about an extra club out of the left dash.

 

Wedges were a difference of 2000+ rpm:

*these were out of good lies in the first cut, dry club and ball

left dash - 94y, ball 84.1, spin 7220 (club 74.4)

proV - 90y, ball 84.6, spin 10051 (club 75.3)

 

50* - fairway

left dash - carry 124, ball 99.5, spin 8379, launch 30.9, height 113

proV - carry 127, ball 100, spin 10388, launch 24, height 89

The flight on these wedges were noticeably different. Much better with the ProV1.

 

9i - fairway

left dash - carry 157, ball 114, spin 6226, launch 21.7

proV - carry 147, ball 112.4, spin 9060, launch 21.4

 

7i - tee

left dash - carry 184, ball 124.5, spin 4247, launch 16.4

proV - carry 176, ball 127, spin 6934, launch 15.1

You are a legend, this is fantastic, thank you so much for posting this. It’s also really useful as my distance are very similar to yours.

 

Reading the information about the 2021 models, I am concerned that the V1 now being the low spin version will be too low spinning  for those shorter shots. And this information rules out left dash for me as well. 

 

Its normally windy where I play so being able to flight the ball down can help.


Thank you again for taking the time to post this. 👍🏻

 

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Bye said:

You are a legend, this is fantastic, thank you so much for posting this. It’s also really useful as my distance are very similar to yours.

 

Reading the information about the 2021 models, I am concerned that the V1 now being the low spin version will be too low spinning  for those shorter shots. And this information rules out left dash for me as well. 

 

Its normally windy where I play so being able to flight the ball down can help.


Thank you again for taking the time to post this. 👍🏻

 

No problem. I played the left dash for a month or so and it did what I wanted it to (take some spin off wedges) but almost too much. Those 30-40 yard spinners were near impossible as well.

  • Like 1

SIM 9° Diamana D+ LTD 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
TaylorMade TP UDI 3i- Recoil 110 F5

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S
SM8 58M
Scotty Studio Stainless NP2 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GDTBATH said:

Wonder if they'll be sending out any sleeves to members to check out? Would love a chance to see what the new ones are like. I'm debating buying some of the '19s while they're on sale, or waiting until the '21 models come out. 

I’ve seen some posts on IG of Team Titleist members testing the new balls. 

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

  • Our picks

    • 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event.
       
      Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 American Express
      PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters
      UST Maymiya LinQ shafts - American Express 2021
      Mitsubishi Kaili & MMT shafts - American Express 2021
      Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 hybrids - American Express 2021
      TaylorMade putter cover for Palm Springs/Palm Desert - American Express
      New Aldila Synergy, Ascent & prototype shafts - American Express 2021
      Callaway Apex Pro iron, Epic Driver and fairway, Apex iron & hybrid - American Express 2021
      New Perfect Practice training aids - American Express 2021
      New KBS prototype shafts - American Express 2021
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs)
      Kevin Na's What's In The Bag?
       
      Specs are on the front-page as well-
      https://www.golfwrx.com/645178/kevin-nas-winning-witb-2021-sony-open/
       
      Driver- Callaway GBB Epic (9 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 TX
      3w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (13.5 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 TX
      5w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (18 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 80 TX
      Hybrid- PXG 0317 X Gen 2 (19 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
      Irons- Callaway Rogue Pro (4), Callaway Apex Pro 16 (5-PW) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Wedges- Callaway Mack Daddy 4 (54), Vokey Design prototype (’18) (60-06K ) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Putter- Odyssey Toulon Madison
      Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4
      Ball- Titleist Pro V1x
       

       
        • Like
      • 45 replies
    • SIM up close
      Here some pictures up close of the SIM only for now.  
       
      Wk
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 169 replies
    • 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces)
      A continually updated table of contents of our front page 2021 equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure. 
       

      Callaway
      Apex irons, Apex Pro irons, Apex DCB irons Apex hybrids, Apex Pro hybrids  
      Mizuno 
      MCraft putters
      Ping
      G425 driver G425 fairway woods, hybrids and crossover G425 irons
       
      PXG 
      PXG 0211 series
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 59 replies
    • JT with a Ventus in the Tsi3?
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CJo-yEVDcyC/?igshid=1llg9lvv71oco
      • 212 replies

×
×
  • Create New...