Light weight irons

•  

I know this has most likely been asked before but I’m 6”2’ and I need an 1 in extensions on my irons. This creates a huge swing weight problem in my ap2 718 amt shafts. They are d6 Now. I don’t really want to drill my clubs and don’t believe that counter weighting fixed the problem because the overall weight has changed and doesn’t feel right. Are their club brands that make a lighter head without sacrificing forgiveness?  8hcp and see a pga pro regular basis. Thanks in advance 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OP, short arms? I'm 6'1'' and only go +1/4''. Most OEMs say +1/2'' for 6'2''. Also maybe go with a heavier grip might help!?

Ping will build longer clubs with lighter weights in the head to get clubs to a reasonable swingweight.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, zaner1217 said:
  •  

I know this has most likely been asked before but I’m 6”2’ and I need an 1 in extensions on my irons. This creates a huge swing weight problem in my ap2 718 amt shafts. They are d6 Now. I don’t really want to drill my clubs and don’t believe that counter weighting fixed the problem because the overall weight has changed and doesn’t feel right. Are their club brands that make a lighter head without sacrificing forgiveness?  8hcp and see a pga pro regular basis. Thanks in advance 

Mizuno has lighter heads for over length setups but why do you think you need a lighter swing weight? Is there something in the performance that is driving this? I have played +1 or longer for a while now and after a few rounds I don't notice the extra swing weight.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:17 PM, zaner1217 said:
  •  

My irons are +2-inches, with a light weight graphite shaft and the SW is still E3.